• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
attacking widows on both points are the best way to deal with defending widows and turrets. if you suck or your team doesn't push when you make space for them that's a different thing.

You definitely need a Widowmaker to snipe turrets, Bastion and defending snipers. Just hope you have a good one your side.

Also, LOL @ the salt in this thread. Even a bigger LOL at people trying to make excuses for themselves because they "play the objective". You win some and you lose some.

Maybe it would help if I had good ones and my team wasn't all scattered everywhere trying to go in lone wolf style, but the widows I have had lately would just sit on the side and miss sniping people in the center of the point, not the Turrets in the back.

BigDug13

I don't think I can play this game anymore. I get way too salty.

It's a shame 'cause I really like it :(

I just get tired of hero stacked games. Molten Core trading on defense. Die, Die, Die constantly or junk tires everywhere. It just makes the game more boring when you're facing stacks of the same heroes. There are 21 to choose from with more coming. I hope there's a game mode for max of one of each hero coming.

El Sloth

Banned
What does the game consider a ragequit anyways? If I get dropped into a game that ends 10 seconds later and I quit as soon as soon as the "Defeat" effect pops up because I don't want to sit there looking at the team posing/POTG/stats to only to get booted back to matchmaking anyways, does the game consider that a ragequit and punish me for it?

Awesome.

This is making me think I don't melee enough. Is it worth it if you won't kill them with it and you still have ammo for another shuriken throw though?
Melee takes very slightly more than a bar of their health. It's absolutely worth mixing in, given how easy it is to land. And it cancels the shuriken animation, so you can shuriken, melee, dash into the ground and do like 150+ damage in a blink of an eye. And kill a 200HP hero if you land a headshot with the shuriken.

charsace

You definitely need a Widowmaker to snipe turrets, Bastion and defending snipers. Just hope you have a good one your side.

Also, LOL @ the salt in this thread. Even a bigger LOL at people trying to make excuses for themselves because they "play the objective". You win some and you lose some.

Yeah dog salt for real son. Let'em know dog!

Last few games I have played its me getting a ton of gold and silver medals and the team gets wrecked. I wish I was getting no medals at all and playing a competitive, fun match with a team that is pushing for the objective. Win or lose I just want to play with people who are trying to play the game the right way which means gaining ground and pushing for the objective.

I don't know about you but when I play Temple of Anubis and its only me actually getting to the point while my other teammates refuse to pass the big gate at the start, instead choosing to pot shot and get wrecked by a defensive push, I get mad. I am seriously tired of seeing Reapers shooting at people from 15 yards away.

Why is Zenyatta not more popular? After discovering he was so fun to use the other day, I've been playing Z non stop.

I find him really powerful - really long range so he can kill turrets from a long way out, and discord orb makes mincemeat of Tank HP and Mei players. Can win a lot of battles one-on-one, and his method of healing is very effective for pushing forward. DO also seems to make snipers panic when hit by it, and causes them to change position even though you're not in a particularly good position to take them out.

Further, his low HP is counterbalanced by a high percentage of his HP being composed of shields, so you can stand to the side a bit and regain a huge amount of health. Great, great hero.

Why is Zenyatta not more popular? After discovering he was so fun to use the other day, I've been playing Z non stop.

I find him really powerful - really long range so he can kill turrets from a long way out, and discord orb makes mincemeat of Tank HP and Mei players. Can win a lot of battles one-on-one, and his method of healing is very effective for pushing forward. DO also seems to make snipers panic when hit by it, and causes them to change position even though you're not in a particularly good position to take them out.

Further, his low HP is counterbalanced by a high percentage of his HP being composed of shields, so you can stand to the side a bit and regain a huge amount of health. Great, great hero.

He got killed by a Widow bodyshot and requires a somewhat decently composed team to not get bullied to death.

LiK

He got killed by a Widow bodyshot and requires a somewhat decently composed team to not get bullied to death.

This is true. If he's not part of a good team who would watch his back or takes out guys he discords then he's dead. I enjoy playing as him but like with Zarya, he's hard to keep alive with a team that doesn't watch their backs.

IvanJ

Banned
What does the game consider a ragequit anyways? If I get dropped into a game that ends 10 seconds later and I quit as soon as soon as the "Defeat" effect pops up because I don't want to sit there looking at the team posing/POTG/stats to only to get booted back to matchmaking anyways, does the game consider that a ragequit and punish me for it?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/09/ov...l-be-handed-a-75-exp-penalty-on-future-games/

If you leave a game before the “Assemble Your Team” phase is over (i.e. before you enter your starting spawn rooms):
It won’t count as a game played
You will not be considered a “leaver” in this scenario

If you leave a game after the match ends (i.e. after you see the VICTORY/DEFEAT screen):
It will count as a game played—and if your team won, it will count as a win

If you leave a game after the “Assemble Your Team” phase is over, but before the match ends:
It will count as a game played
You will be considered a “leaver” in this scenario

peakish

Faced a premade that ran 4x bastion every game on payload. Became Genji for my first time ever to attempt a counter, which worked for one game but man those were some of the most boring games I've played yet. Just a slog.

LiK

Faced a premade that ran 4x bastion every game on payload. Became Genji for my first time ever to attempt a counter, which worked for one game but man those were some of the most boring games I've played yet. Just a slog.

4x any hero is a slog to fight. It's just frustrating and boring at the same time.

Ramirez

Hero stacking of any kind just strips the fun out of the game for me. Even when it fails miserably for them, it's no fun.

As much as I'm loving this game, there's one thing really tiny little thing that is irritating me.

Has it been mentioned that the build-up in the "play of the game" theme sounds unpleasantly coarse?
It reminds me of the distorted kind of roughness that I've not heard since trying to stream internet radio over dial-up in the 90s. No idea if they've just compressed the music files a bit too much or if that was some bizarre bit of sound design in an otherwise near flawless sounding game.

Mus be one of the the pettiest thing to complain about, but how many others find themselves wincing at the end of matches?

Dragner

I hope hero picking in competitive wont allow dupes. But that wont happen. Also I would love bannings. But that wont work with a small roster like this

The problem with Zenyata is that many people don't understand how he works. The game doesn't communicate how his ult works very well. Sometimes I will ult and nobody pushes with me. The heal and area of effect could be communicated a lot better.

El Sloth

Banned
Have some rad Genji gifs:

https://gfycat.com/ScaryBestEel

https://gfycat.com/TestyCloudyImpala

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/09/ov...l-be-handed-a-75-exp-penalty-on-future-games/

If you leave a game before the “Assemble Your Team” phase is over (i.e. before you enter your starting spawn rooms):
It won’t count as a game played

If you leave a game after the match ends (i.e. after you see the VICTORY/DEFEAT screen):
It will count as a game played—and if your team won, it will count as a win

If you leave a game after the “Assemble Your Team” phase is over, but before the match ends:
It will count as a game played
You will be considered a “leaver” in this scenario
I see. Thanks!

Rad-

I'm sure he's going to start getting more playtime now that Widowmaker and McCree got nerfed (Widowmaker for her one body shot kill and McCree because now Zenyatta is the better tank killer). I loooove his ult, you can pretty much block or heal every enemy ult in the game with it.

Dragner

Zenyatta has 2 big problems. Is slow and he dies to anything. So he needs an specific setup to work. He is not very good at healing so you will need someone more to heal on most teams (you can ignore on defense but is rough on offence). So yeah, he has an amazing range good damage and discord orbs are great vs tanks. But thats not enough to cover all his weakness. I hope blizzard buffs him, theres no real reason to run it right now unless you love him and your team supports you.

does everyone in overwatch use the insult "shitlord"?

PBrKLMr.png

I've plonked a good 18 hours into Zenyatta and he's definitely great when supported but good lord the sheer frustration when you have those types of teammates who leave you to die and/or fail to capitalise on your discord and transcendence plays.
I find Zen to be good buddies with Reinhardt, the shield does wonders for him and it also means you've always got someone who'll likely notice if you're about to get mugged.
Symmetra and Torb are great just for the shield/armor which gives you the extra survivability to not perish from a gust of wind.

Zemm

This video makes such a good point about levels and those know-it-alls. I voiced similar opinions about it in this very forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcmgVbAue4

The level number always means nothing in these games because you don't know who has experience with previous games or games like team fortress, like ofcourse they're going to pick it up quickly and even though they might not play 12 hours a day they'll still be better than someone who does. The longer the game is out the less the numbers mean anything. I've never had anyone say anything about levels on the pc version though so I'm not even sure if it's a problem.

just got kicked from the battle.net servers and cannot login anymore, anymore else having this?
friends of me didnt get kicked though :/

Do you know if Blizzard will make other cinematic trailers for Overwatch ? I kinda like them and I'd like to know more about the characters. Well I'm aware that it's not the main focus for the players (like in fighting games) but I always like to know more about the lore :p

Rad-

I've plonked a good 18 hours into Zenyatta and he's definitely great when supported but good lord the sheer frustration when you have those types of teammates who leave you to die and/or fail to capitalise on your discord and transcendence plays.
I find Zen to be good buddies with Reinhardt, the shield does wonders for him and it also means you've always got someone who'll likely notice if you're about to get mugged.
Symmetra and Torb are great just for the shield/armor which gives you the extra survivability to not perish from a gust of wind.

Yeah Reinhardt is Zen's best bro. Good Zarya also.

Blues1990

Do you know if Blizzard will make other cinematic trailers for Overwatch ? I kinda like them and I'd like to know more about the characters. Well I'm aware that it's not the main focus for the players (like in fighting games) but I always like to know more about the lore :p

Man, I hope that we will get additional shorts and comics that explore more of the Overwatch universe. I would love to see a short that focuses on Mei's time when she was a full-time climatologist (before everyone had died in cryostasis) or a comic that focuses on exactly how Lucio got his gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom