• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zenyatta just needs his movement speed upped a little. Sometimes it's a slog to get back to the point from the spawn with his current slug crawl.

R0ckman

The people that think McCree is bad now are probably not the people that were giving you a hard time as Pharah.

That probably has more to do with having a different mmr on computer than being indicative of the difference between the two communities.

MMR most likely works into average of the whole team, there is no way complaints would be that high from matchmaking otherwise and you would be getting people not playing the objective maybe 10-25% of the time rather than 50% of the time.

XenoRaven

I've plonked a good 18 hours into Zenyatta and he's definitely great when supported but good lord the sheer frustration when you have those types of teammates who leave you to die and/or fail to capitalise on your discord and transcendence plays.
I find Zen to be good buddies with Reinhardt, the shield does wonders for him and it also means you've always got someone who'll likely notice if you're about to get mugged.
Symmetra and Torb are great just for the shield/armor which gives you the extra survivability to not perish from a gust of wind.
The biggest thing I hate about playing Zen is trying to get your damn team together to do a Transcendence push. I tell my team my ult is ready and try to get them to group up, but what usually happens is either people ignore me or they don't push at all. I often end up using it defensively which sucks when I'd prefer to use it to push through a choke point.

No_Style

Gonna just put this out there. Just because I'm in party chat and I don't have a mic doesn't mean you have free reign to have some weirdo opinions about me. I think I've played with a few Gaffers where their friends had to chime in about me for no particular reason just cuz I'm not saying anything. It's annoying and kinda turns me off when playing in some groups. Gonna just leave future sessions cuz I'd rather play with randoms than listen to this.

I'm curious. What do they say? I am like you, I join parties without a mic with Battlefield GAF and the most they say is the "oh, he's the silent type." Or they repeat my PSN name like it's a fun thing to say. lol

There's no way to get Noire Widowmaker skin anymore right? I been thinking of buying the game forever, but I'd feel incomplete without it for some reason. lol

patchday

Damn, just got my first legendary skin: for Symmetra one of the few characters I don't use often. Oh well, it's an incentive.

Yeah this was my first legendary too but I play her pretty often (on defense when its not KOTH)!

Keep getting lots of koth maps though which makes me sad. I did make her kinda work on one before

R0ckman

This video makes such a good point about levels and those know-it-alls. I voiced similar opinions about it in this very forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcmgVbAue4

To an extent Sty should just switch himself. Sometimes I even switch to make a double if I think a player on our team who should be effective in a situation isn't. Sometimes I see we have a Pharah and also see that it would be effective to have one, yet we are making no progress, so I switch and do things myself and switch back out. But typically if the team is that bad they can't take advantage of your plays.

I had some salty guy this morning hounding me because I was giving his team trouble with McCree while most of my team was melting over and over and he said I should be good enough to carry 5 other characters. Lol.

patchday

There's no way to get Noire Widowmaker skin anymore right? I been thinking of buying the game forever, but I'd feel incomplete without it for some reason. lol

honestly you probably wont ever use your Origins skins. Granted, it does look really good but I wouldn't go too far out of my way to acquire. You'll thank me later once you start

I love how much scum I feel like with playing as Junkrat. Just fucking raining down grenades on people trying to protect their point from a place they can't punish me at.

Too Good.

Man, I hope that we will get additional shorts and comics that explore more of the Overwatch universe. I would love to see a short that focuses on Mei's time when she was a full-time climatologist (before everyone had died in cryostasis) or a comic that focuses on exactly how Lucio got his gear.

Yea, I also want to know more about D.Va, Reaper and Mercy.

Except the trailers and the comics there are no other way to get some lore ? Well there is the game but except a few posters there is not much :/

Dragner

My winrate is going up because im being picky with my fights lately. Anubis defend I first pick mercy. The others pick 2 mcree,1 widow, 1 genji and 1 tracer. Sry guys, im not fighting with you.

Ordinarily I won't whine when my team plays poorly, but I just saw two people run into Hanzo's ultimate. Could've stopped pressing forward for 2 seconds and survived. Nah, run into the giant dragon attack.

Do you know if Blizzard will make other cinematic trailers for Overwatch ? I kinda like them and I'd like to know more about the characters. Well I'm aware that it's not the main focus for the players (like in fighting games) but I always like to know more about the lore :p

Yes. The Soldier Cinematic was the end of season one according to Blizzard. There will be more seasons.

Blues1990

Yea, I also want to know more about D.Va, Reaper and Mercy.

Except the trailers and the comics there are no other way to get some lore ? Well there is the game but except a few posters there is not much :/

I know that Blizzard had created a blog that has Mei uploading her stories about how she's adjusting to all the changes in the past 30-odd years since she's been on ice. (I think it's 30? I'm not sure how long she's been out.) It hasn't been updated for a while, but it was a neat way to see the world of Overwatch through the perspective of one of the heroes from the game.

And D.Va would be a good choice of subject for a future short. Given how she's a very proud individual (especially in her piloting), and comes across to others as a hodgepodge of aggressiveness & confidence in battle, it would be the easiest way to get the NGA references out of the way. We also haven't seen too much of how it's like back in her home in Korea, so it's another avenue to see another part of the world of Overwatch.

Peff

Wait, is being added onto a team right as they're about to lose an example of the forced 50/50 thing people are talking about?

No, that's free experience because the loss won't count. An example of that would be when only a single member is swapped between teams after a complete steamroll.

Cocaloch

MMR most likely works into average of the whole team, there is no way complaints would be that high from matchmaking otherwise and you would be getting people not playing the objective maybe 10-25% of the time rather than 50% of the time.

I mean obviously it looks at the whole team's mmr but it probably looks at a particular range, that wides as time passes, of mmrs to make the teams in the first place.

If you get matched up with people of your skill level consistently, your win percentage will drift to 50%. Above average players will drift above 50 and then back down, while below average will drift below 50 and come back up. That's just due to getting matched with people of your skill level.

On another note: just got my second legendary at level 28. Roadhog's Islander skin. Pretty sick!

DrArchon

Finally got the hang of attacking Anubis point B. Just got to bum-rush the point right after you take point A and hope the enemy hasn't respawned yet. I still hate the map but at least now I won't feel 100% helpless when I'm on attack.

Permanently A

Someone at Blizzard is trolling the shit out of me. They keep giving me Roadhog skins. I have both his epics and one of each style of Legendary. I have no epics for any other class. Please stop Blizzard.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
More than halfway to my road to 50 loot crates. That feel of opening 50 in a row, closer by the day.

I haven't played D.Va since the first day and figured I'd give her a go, I'm doing a day of my least played heroes today so her and Hanzo will see some play from me.

And obviously our Lucio with 58% on fire gets MvP because he clearly did more than me. Oh and we lost, naturally.

Holy shit at that 17 ms ping. I have nearly ten times that latency.

Firebrand

Is it just me or does Zarya's beam not match the reticule at all? Is it supposed to be like that?
Within a few meter's range it'll hit below and to the right of the reticule. I suggest you go into the practice stage and check it out.

It's a bit annoying since the feedback for hitting people with the beam isn't the greatest.

nOoblet16

Woah I won a Hanamura attack game in under 2 minutes.

Hanamura is one of the fastest maps to win on as attack actually.

I can guarantee that if you manage a team kill or close on first point (usually happens in this game mode) and then make half of your team move to point 2 while the you and 2 others are capturing point 1, followed by you joining the rest at point 2 then you have a very very high chance of winning.

I've won attack Hanamura under 2 minutes multiple times.

nOoblet16

Is it just me or does Zarya's beam not match the reticule at all? Is it supposed to be like that?

It's because the beam comes out of the gun, not the centre of the screen.
Happens in all games where the bullet comes out of the gun, when you get close to a wall the difference is observed, some games get around this by having the bullet comes from centre of screen, some do it by inaccurately scaling the weapon size against the wall (hard to explain).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom