• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather it take a bit to put me in a good match than quickly pair me with players 50+ ranks lower than myself who don't don't understand how the game modes work, especially when I'm penalized for leaving matches.

R0ckman

I'd rather it take a bit to put me in a good match than quickly pair me with players 50+ ranks lower than myself who don't don't understand how the game modes work, especially when I'm penalized for leaving matches.

Oh I agree completely, but the average casual is going to say **** this and go play something else.

Shari

I bought the game tonight. I got to level 7 and on my 6th box I got Zenyatta's Ifrit skin, how rare is that?

Its also my main from the beta. I feel it was really lucky.

Sora_N

I bought the game tonight. I got to level 7 and on my 6th box I got Zenyatta's Ifrit skin, how rare is that?

Its also my main from the beta. I feel it was really lucky.

Lucky, I had to get to like level 2X and I got a Pharah one. I don't even use Pharah.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had a Zenyatta bitch about killing a Tracer the entire game and so I spent most of the game shooting at that Tracer.

At the end the Zenyatta self congratulatory states they were the only one that was actively killing the Tracer. Yeah, fuck you too buddy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had a Zenyatta bitch about killing a Tracer the entire game and so I spent most of the game shooting at that Tracer.

At the end the Zenyatta self congratulatory states they were the only one that was actively killing the Tracer. Yeah, fuck you too buddy.

I had a McCree on the other team teabag me after finally killing me as Tracer and pestering/killing him all match until the final point.

Like, congrats man, you killed the character you counter.

I don't teabag but I do spray corpses. Am I a bad person?

I teabag all the time pretty much after every kill. Repeatably if I kill a Mei or Hanzo
hb2qbea.png

Alavard

When do you guys think new cosmetics will hit?

I'm close to 1000 and thinking maybe I should sit on it for a bit.

We're supposed to get the competitive patch by the end of the month. My bet is we get a new load of skins to go with it, especially since we know there are more maps/heroes in development but no announcement of any to go with the competitive patch.

Got PotG as Pharah on Ilios by repulsor blasting a Bastion/Reinhardt lovefest into the pit. Nothing in this game has ever been as satisfying as that moment.

Bastables

I know it's a reoccurring issue that may be larger due to confirmation bias, but why do people feel the need to ignore taking a tank and instead go 3 reapers, pha, hanzo, plus myself as lucio, not one tank to hold the point. And why have payload attack maps and control point maps started attract 2xtorb players. (with no healers).

le sigh :(

Oh I agree completely, but the average casual is going to say **** this and go play something else.
I guess it's unreasonable to expect this, but it would be nice to have a toggle in some advanced matchmaking settings that would allow me to say "I'll wait for a good game."

Ugh, finally got my PC back up and running and playing tonight... is it just me or have things gotten a lot worse on chat in pub matches? Several arguments breaking out over who fucked up what play, and in one match I was bitched at because I didn't go along with the rest of the players and make it an all-Tracer match. Hey, I'll play along with stuff like that when I'm in the mood, but I already had Symmetra picked when the "announcement" was made, and Hollywood is too good a map to not use her on for defense.

Plus my Tracer game totally sucks.

Of course, Symmetra's gun shredded through all the weak little Tracers, my team won and I got play of the game for taking out four enemies on the control point in about 10 seconds. Got called a "try-hard" and ended up quitting rather than dealing with the complaining but whatever. Team still had no problem using my teleporter. :)

Ugh, finally got my PC back up and running and playing tonight... is it just me or have things gotten a lot worse on chat in pub matches? Several arguments breaking out over who fucked up what play, and in one match I was bitched at because I didn't go along with the rest of the players and make it an all-Tracer match. Hey, I'll play along with stuff like that when I'm in the mood, but I already had Symmetra picked when the "announcement" was made, and Hollywood is too good a map to not use her on for defense.

Plus my Tracer game totally sucks.

Of course, Symmetra's gun shredded through all the weak little Tracers, my team won and I got play of the game for taking out four enemies on the control point in about 10 seconds. Got called a "try-hard" and ended up quitting rather than dealing with the complaining but whatever. Team still had no problem using my teleporter. :)

Gimmick teams are bad enough as is, but all tracers has to be the stupidest idea

McCree is still more than viable despite having to work a little harder for his kills, especially against tanks, and Widowmaker is still a great character. Indirect Zenyatta buff.
Also sort of an indirect buff for every tank but especially Winston. And slightly for Tracer and Reaper, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom