• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator86

Most of the time I am ok with character stacking but then I play against 6 Torbs on Hanamura and I want to never play the game again.

Torb stacking is one of the worst to play against. It's just so many sources of fire on you at all times. Especially when they're paired up with a Symmetra or couple other characters.

Cade

Torb stacking gets shredded by Zarya stacking. Zarya stacking gets ANNIHILATED by Bastion stacking, though. That was an awful back-and-forth Numbani.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
is forced 50 gonna be a new meme or something lol
It's a meme until the game decides you lose.
Just faced the most skilled and coordinated team out of 40 hours so we lost.

Insanely, absolutely frustrating. Best tracer I've seen yet (Only one I've seen abuse vertical space), Pharah double air shotting me, insanely good Mercy toggles and rezzes, Zarya on point with shielding just about everything, best Soldier I've seen too (64 eliminations on a payload map, so no infinite overtime bullshit).

I never get this mad at Dota or TF2 or any other game, but this one does it for me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just played a bunch of D.Va and honestly I really think that buff is absolutely necessary.

Right now she doesn't really have a real role most of the time.

Her best utility is her defense matrix, you can really save lives with that thing but her guns do almost no damage unless you're close, but since you can't move fast while shooting they only need to walk away and you're back to tickling people.

It's interesting because as D.Va I always get gold eliminations but my damage always has no medal because all my elims are just me doing like 30 damage to everyone and then some one who can actually kill coming along and finishing them off.

D.Va does no damage therefore she's not threatening. Her mech kind of easy to wipe out and while in pilot mode she's doing decent damage but obviously crumbles if anyone looks at her. Really she can't ever seal the deal on any engagements, she's like a slightly more sturdy winston except winston can actually kill people and since he doesnt have to aim he can be more aggressive while avoiding shots and being an actual front line tank.

D.Va feels like a weird character because she's got awesome mobility and against characters that chip away at your HP she does amazing, but she's never going to be the star of the show because some one else has to come in to make sure the thing she was shooting at dies.

It's just kind of hard to explain but if you play her for any length of time I think you understand. She doesn't do enough damage to warrant how squishy she is and she isn't tanky enough to warrant how little damage she does. Her ult is also almost never effective at doing anything except making people leave the zone for a few seconds. you're better off using the ult when you know you're gonna lose your mech so you can quickly call another down.

That being said she is a lot of fun to play and when you're doing well as her you feel like the biggest pest, her real role is to be a flanker tank not the choke point holder that she feels like she's designed to be.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've gotta say though that I've been playing dva a lot more in koth and doing pretty damn well. In koth you're usually in the range where she does the most damage because everything is close quarters, and having a room clearing ult is significantly more important.

Also you get a lot of environment kills on ilios. A lot.

BigDug13

It's a meme until the game decides you lose.
Just faced the most skilled and coordinated team out of 40 hours so we lost.

Insanely, absolutely frustrating. Best tracer I've seen yet (Only one I've seen abuse vertical space), Pharah double air shotting me, insanely good Mercy toggles and rezzes, Zarya on point with shielding just about everything, best Soldier I've seen too (64 eliminations on a payload map, so infinite overtime bullshit).

I never get this mad at Dota or TF2 or any other game, but this one does it for me.

I watch videos of players like Seagull and it makes me glad I play on PS4. I just think the skill ceiling is lower on consoles unless you pay for the $140 device to let you do M/K on console. Admittedly, I am also worse on controller than when I play mouse and keyboard on PC, but I also know that I will never even approach the same conversation as the skill level of people like Seagull or his peers, so console lower ceiling appeals more to me.

XenoRaven

Dear Overwatch players,

If you are having trouble pushing the payload, and your Lucio says "My ultimate is ready!" and "Group up with me!", Lucio will be able to provide you with an AOE overheal that will allow you to push the payload forward. All you have to do is go near him and then walk toward the payload. I know that's a lot of steps, but I believe in you guys. I know you can do it.

Sincerely,

Terrible player magnet

I just played a bunch of D.Va and honestly I really think that buff is absolutely necessary.

Right now she doesn't really have a real role most of the time.

Her best utility is her defense matrix, you can really save lives with that thing but her guns do almost no damage unless you're close, but since you can't move fast while shooting they only need to walk away and you're back to tickling people.

It's interesting because as D.Va I always get gold eliminations but my damage always has no medal because all my elims are just me doing like 30 damage to everyone and then some one who can actually kill coming along and finishing them off.

D.Va does no damage therefore she's not threatening. Her mech kind of easy to wipe out and while in pilot mode she's doing decent damage but obviously crumbles if anyone looks at her. Really she can't ever seal the deal on any engagements, she's like a slightly more sturdy winston except winston can actually kill people and since he doesnt have to aim he can be more aggressive while avoiding shots and being an actual front line tank.

D.Va feels like a weird character because she's got awesome mobility and against characters that chip away at your HP she does amazing, but she's never going to be the star of the show because some one else has to come in to make sure the thing she was shooting at dies.

It's just kind of hard to explain but if you play her for any length of time I think you understand. She doesn't do enough damage to warrant how squishy she is and she isn't tanky enough to warrant how little damage she does. Her ult is also almost never effective at doing anything except making people leave the zone for a few seconds. you're better off using the ult when you know you're gonna lose your mech so you can quickly call another down.

That being said she is a lot of fun to play and when you're doing well as her you feel like the biggest pest, her real role is to be a flanker tank not the choke point holder that she feels like she's designed to be.

I've been playing her quite a bit lately, and I've found her best role to be to deal with Torbjorn and sniper-heavy teams when you're on Attack. Hit the defense matrix and charge right up to those defenses; about half the time it's a suicide mission, as the rest of the team will usually take you out after you destroy the defenses, but taking out those pesky turrets and Widowmakers should be worth the downtime to help the rest of the team push forward. And while her ult. tends to miss a lot of the players, when facing off against a team complacent in their defenses, you can usually do some damage, or at the very least take out their turrets.

She's actually becoming my favorite tank to play, and I'll be curious to see what they do with the upcoming buff.

BigDug13

Why are people playing with so many randos? I guess it's more difficult to arrange voice chat groups with friends on PC? My friend list exploded exponentially on PS4 by adding the GAF people from the excel sheet to my friends. Then when I join one of their voice parties after joining their game group I end up adding even more people from the voice party if they show up as not already my friend.

I feel like the need for something like Discord and hoping everyone uses the same voice and partying system on PC is a bit of a hindrance to expanding your friend list.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's probably better than facing Torb stacks on console at least.

Just personal issues making me not let go of a nearly unwinnable game.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe it is just a coincidence, but as soon as I got my star it has been taking several minutes for me to find a match.
Two of the biggest positives for this game compared to League of Legends, for me, have been low queue times and short games. If queue times go up to 5+ minutes like League was for me (even in low silver), then I may stop playing this until competitive to see if it boosts then. :(

I'm only level 50-something so maybe I'm okay for now.

About character stacking, almost every time I see more than one of a character, it's frustrating and not very fun or rewarding. I beat a team who had 2 Reapers. Pain in the ass. Used a balanced team to beat 6 Meis on payload. Pain in the ass. Played against 2 Genjis (not sure if we won). Pain in the ass. *edit* 2 Pharahs chaining ults and taking out snipers to prevent you from stopping ults. Pain in the ass.

One of the only fun stack games I've been in recently was when we tried to troll with 4-6 Meis, only to realize the other team had trolled with 6 Pharahs. We immediately switched to 4 D.Va + Mercy + Symmetra. They never even got the first point, though they started mixing characters a little in the last minute.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I hope there's a mode without Genji, Tracer, Bastion, Widow, Hanzo. Make it permanent.
Not sure why Torb stacks are so much more potent on consoles. But they're pretty Fing potent.
Instant turret target aquisition + joystick turn rate + precision.
Console TF2 had similar issues with balance of Engineer TMK. It should get better over time as people will learn to deal with them, but the ability of people to capitalize off destroyed turrets is probably pretty low.

Still don't understand how DPS behind Rein shield doesn't deal with it though.

Antiwhippy

The thing i hate most about Hanzo is that watching the Killcam it feels like 90% of the time he wasn't even aiming for me.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I feel like I'm late to the party discovering the whole "Lucio just infinitely skating in the hole in the ground in Ilios." Infinite overtime. Guaranteed win, it seems. 40 hours in, never seen it done. Never tried it myself. I pissed the enemy off so much. Round and round I go. Got like 12,000 healing on a KOTH match.

BigDug13

I hope there's a mode without Genji, Tracer, Bastion, Widow, Hanzo. Make it permanent.

Console TF2 had similar issues with balance of Engineer TMK. It should get better over time as people will learn to deal with them, but the ability of people to capitalize off destroyed turrets is probably pretty low.

Because you usually have 2 Torb plus 2 turrets plus 4 other characters all tearing through 2000hps shield in a couple seconds. Then one of the Torbs will ALWAYS molten core adding 400 hps and double dps to the turret and increasing Torb attack speed by 50% while giving him D.Va armor/hps.

Makes sense about the stick turn speed though.

I feel like I'm late to the party discovering the whole "Lucio just infinitely skating in the hole in the ground in Ilios." Infinite overtime. Guaranteed win, it seems. 40 hours in, never seen it done. Never tried it myself. I pissed the enemy off so much. Round and round I go. Got like 12,000 healing on a KOTH match.

does the well even count as part of the control point unless you mean hop in an out or just hide while other teams come?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
does the well even count as part of the control point unless you mean hop in an out or just hide while other teams come?

It counts, as it allowed me to hold overtime while we were losing until my team came back.

EDIT:

well doesnt count

You sure? Maybe my game glitched, but on PC I was playing with a buddy and there was absolutely a moment when my whole team was dead, and I kept overtime tee'd up in the well while my team rushed back over from spawn.

Antiwhippy

I find that's the case for a lot of things in this game, just kinda how it is. Chaotic.

But Hanzo specifically though. Like "oh you were aiming for the other guy but he moved away and i conveniently moved my head from off screen to the direct path of the arrow."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The thing i hate most about Hanzo is that watching the Killcam it feels like 90% of the time he wasn't even aiming for me.
Worse hero in the game in my opinion.

McCree sucks because stuns are stupid. Widowmaker sucks due to the incredibly fast charge rate. But Hanzo...fuck Hanzo. Huge ass hit box on that stupid arrow. Bullshit ult that never ends.

So many times on the kill cam, it shows me getting hit by a random arrow. Sometimes head shots. Some times leg shots. Very few do I see actual tracking. Due to the fucking tick rate, I KNOW I'm behind a goddamn wall in my game, but fucking Hanzo doesn't play by those rules.

Gator86

Been playing a lot of Mercy and Rein recently and it really makes it clear how impotent and useless the average player is. They just can't do anything despite being behind a giant shield and damage boosted. Why? Why can't you hit anything? Just every now and then?

Tingle

Been playing a lot of Mercy and Rein recently and it really makes it clear how impotent and useless the average player is. They just can't do anything despite being behind a giant shield and damage boosted. Why? Why can't you hit anything? Just every now and then?

I play Lucio a lot and just feel disheartened whenever I'm the only person behind out Reinhardt. I can't do shit, he can't do shit, and our team is off doing god knows what.

BigDug13

It counts, as it allowed me to hold overtime while we were losing until my team came back.

EDIT:

You sure? Maybe my game glitched, but on PC I was playing with a buddy and there was absolutely a moment when my whole team was dead, and I kept overtime tee'd up in the well while my team rushed back over from spawn.

I've won games where the opposing Lucio was just skating his ass around in the well. Unless you are boots on the ground within the square area, doesnt count.

When I play Mercy where there's a Rein shield and a turret, Mercy pistol can actually make short work of them. Faster than Lucio gun.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Because you usually have 2 Torb plus 2 turrets plus 4 other characters all tearing through 2000hps shield in a couple seconds. Then one of the Torbs will ALWAYS molten core adding 400 hps and double dps to the turret and increasing Torb attack speed by 50% while giving him D.Va armor/hps.

Makes sense about the stick turn speed though.
Stacking Molten cores and Armor is a big thing. Means the first push you have to do well before they all get armor and ulti's.

Just a Rein and a 76 + anyone else shooting should just be enough to bring it down in quick succession. I need to see video.

Gator86

I play Lucio a lot and just feel disheartened whenever I'm the only person behind out Reinhardt. I can't do shit, he can't do shit, and our team is off doing god knows what.

It's fucking depressing. Everyone sprints off to the ends of the map to "flank" which really means try for easy kills on people not paying attention then get fucking slaughtered anyway.

Golden coin flips out of a box. Could this be? My first legendary skin?! YES!

Zarya_Skin_Cybergoth.jpg

...oh...

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom