• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

So the patch....thoughts?

My framerate took a dive since, it's simple, I can no longer play as Mei because my game goes below 30 fps when using M1(~70 fps usually).
Hope it'll be fixed asap, otherwise it's cool, less widowmaker in games will always be a huge plus.

Manoko

Is the new update on the consoles already?

Blizzard confirmed that they plan on balancing the game differently between consoles and PC.
So we have no idea what characters will be nerfed on consoles to be honest.

My framerate took a dive since, it's simple, I can no longer play as Mei because my game goes below 30 fps when using M1(~70 fps usually).
Hope it'll be fixed asap, otherwise it's cool, less widowmaker in games will always be a huge plus.

Some people report that going into Battle.net's settings, and setting it to close (completely, to shut down) when you launch a game, solved this problem.

It's worth a try.

Perfec7_

Neo Member

Whales

Banned
Game boots me from teams I win with but keeps me in ones I lose consecutively. gg blizzard

happens everytime

today was awful, kept getting matched with people who don't know how to play

there was this roadhog complaining on our team while we were getting steamrolled, and talking shit how he '' was the only one on objective and how we were worthless ''

meanwhile, I was the one with gold medals for elims, objective time, objective elims... lol

Few things are more beautiful then when your team is getting stomped on and with 30 seconds to go everyone switches characters up and we push the payload to a checkpoint, despite them having a teleporter right there and then carry that momentum right to the end without anyone dying or the payload stopping. Victories like that are so incredible and heart pounding.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
I can't belive how much slower the console version is...

How did no one spot you? If that was PC, you'd have been dead in about 2 seconds. It's all very strange to me.

I had no idea how I even got up there, I thought that it wasn't possible until I basically confirmed that it was a legit spot. How they didn't notice me I'll never know,lmao

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
While unlocking my White, White, Blue, White something silly happened with the physics.
rvSCRJV.jpg

nwG8J2w.png
bonus:
the emote was a duplicate

R0ckman

Its SO funny how people respond in this game, I killed half of the enemy team as McCree, one regular kill and another 2 with high noon, people hate the **** out of this character. EVERYONE on the enemy team who survives goes after me, the Reinhardt gets off the payload and beserks me, a Lucio and Symmetra come out of cover and rushes me to a corner of the map, my team is alive but I'm not sure what they are doing, I think they were habitually standing ground a distance away from the payload rather than fighting on it (we were defending that round).

R0ckman

I can't belive how much slower the console version is...

How did no one spot you? If that was PC, you'd have been dead in about 2 seconds. It's all very strange to me.

You'd be surprised, on PC in one game against a decent team they left me alone as Widowmaker, I did not die once, they attempted a few times to go after me but if I got a few kills in one spot I'd leave to another spot and they would assume I was dead I guess. I'm not sure if Winston could get to me, I was way in back and my team would have probably melted him before he could reach me, they could have tried double Winston I guess.

eek5

Blizzard confirmed that they plan on balancing the game differently between consoles and PC.
So we have no idea what characters will be nerfed on consoles to be honest.
The wording on those patch notes implied that they would be getting the widowmaker and mcree nerfs in a larger patch (probably competitive patch)

just bought this last night. any tips for a new player? i've only just started playing but i am so bad at it which i guess it to be expected. should i just jump right into public matches or stick with vs AI for awhile? i was doing well vs AI but lost every public game. should i only go into them once i've played all the maps/characters? any general tips/advice would be appreciated!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Double lucio used to be extremely standard in comp play. Double lucio, double mccree, double winston. One lucio on movement and one on healing. Then once the healing one pops his big heal, they switch. Took a lot of coordination.

Oh huh, didn't think about it that way. What caused it to be less popular?

just bought this last night. any tips for a new player? i've only just started playing but i am so bad at it which i guess it to be expected. should i just jump right into public matches or stick with vs AI for awhile? i was doing well vs AI but lost every public game. should i only go into them once i've played all the maps/characters? any general tips/advice would be appreciated!

Learn the maps. Most maps have at least 3-4 routes at each point, don't just charge up the middle and hope to win through perseverance.
Know when to use which class. If your team is getting beat up by tanks, use Reaper or Roadhog. If one particular character is giving your team trouble, know the counter. Roadhog, McCree, and Soldier 76 are good for defending your teammates from harassers and Pharah. You'll need to know when to play which class and how to play each of them. Genji, for example, is very reliant on map knowledge and smart engagement. It doesn't matter how amazing you are as him when you're surrounded by 3 enemies, because he doesn't have the best damage and he's going to get caught out or whittled down quickly. Every time you die, even if your team was being stupid, think about how you could have approached the situation. Watch killcams and see how easy of a target you made yourself for the other team.

Antiwhippy

Eh, I'm not sure if roadhog is the one to bring out to destroy tanks. Rein's and zarya's shield can block the hook, rein can charge straight after to stun and out dps you, zarya could eat the first shot, bubble and then just run away, winston and dva both have very good means to escape after eating the first shot (I feel like at the range they both operate DVA out dps roadhog, but I haven't ran the number so I could be wrong) and with roadhog vs roadhog it's a battle of who would risk the first hook.

edit: ran the numbers, looks like I'm fighting some pretty terrible roadhogs because he out dps DVa at their range.

Learn the maps. Most maps have at least 3-4 routes at each point, don't just charge up the middle and hope to win through perseverance.
Know when to use which class. If your team is getting beat up by tanks, use Reaper or Roadhog. If one particular character is giving your team trouble, know the counter. Roadhog, McCree, and Soldier 76 are good for defending your teammates from harassers and Pharah. You'll need to know when to play which class and how to play each of them. Genji, for example, is very reliant on map knowledge and smart engagement. It doesn't matter how amazing you are as him when you're surrounded by 3 enemies, because he doesn't have the best damage and he's going to get caught out or whittled down quickly. Every time you die, even if your team was being stupid, think about how you could have approached the situation. Watch killcams and see how easy of a target you made yourself for the other team.
thanks for the advice, i'll keep it in mind and put it into practice!

XenoRaven

Symmetra on offense is a fucking shit idea....ugh
I really want to try it to see if I could make it work. Teleporting to a payload would be a major boon for the offensive team, and sentries on the Payload would be really annoying if you placed them strategically. I don't think it would be effective against a decent team though.

I get a torbjorn potg killing 5 people. Turrets clean house several times.I have gold elims and objective kills, and when we do end up losing someone complains that my turrets are 100 miles away.

Some people just love to blame others for their miscomings.

And I got to get that POTG on youtube, hammer kills ftw

Antiwhippy

Man, been trying out zen more that he doesn't get one shot just walking out of the spawn point, and man I love making people mad with discord.

Like, there is some legitimate panic happening.

Grisby

Game boots me from teams I win with but keeps me in ones I lose consecutively. gg blizzard
So it's not just me that feels this way sometimes?
Few things are more beautiful then when your team is getting stomped on and with 30 seconds to go everyone switches characters up and we push the payload to a checkpoint, despite them having a teleporter right there and then carry that momentum right to the end without anyone dying or the payload stopping. Victories like that are so incredible and heart pounding.
So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom