• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse hero in the game in my opinion.

McCree sucks because stuns are stupid. Widowmaker sucks due to the incredibly fast charge rate. But Hanzo...fuck Hanzo. Huge ass hit box on that stupid arrow. Bullshit ult that never ends.

So many times on the kill cam, it shows me getting hit by a random arrow. Sometimes head shots. Some times leg shots. Very few do I see actual tracking. Due to the fucking tick rate, I KNOW I'm behind a goddamn wall in my game, but fucking Hanzo doesn't play by those rules.

Today I was playing on King's Row attack, fairly mediocre game and clock went down but for some reason we had an amazingly long overtime. Was easily pushing 2 minutes. In more than one occasion the timer completely emptied only to be saved in the last instant by someone touching the cart. Several times both entire teams were on the payload. It turned just another match into some real crazy shit, were just a few feet from the next checkpoint.

I get to the point with several teammates at the same time and think this is it, this is the push that gets us to the checkpoint. Except I get killed. By a fucking Hanzo spamming arrows in our general direction and getting a triple kill thanks to the outrageous hitbox. We lose the game and he gets PotD

FUCK Hanzo. What a trash character.

The thing i hate most about Hanzo is that watching the Killcam it feels like 90% of the time he wasn't even aiming for me.

Was playing with buddies earlier. Hanzo aimed for someone else who stepped out of the way and hit my FOOT (not even kidding, and I also was nearly at full health) and I died. Like what the fuck.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love how people bitch about random Hanzo arrows as if he has a scope to aim through but chooses to just throw them randomly just because.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
You'll never get scared of a D.Va gunning towards you, there's little she can do to really harm you. The spread on her guns means she can only do real damage against large characters, but Reinhardt and Winston are the only ones she really has any advantage over, assuming you can track them with your cursor. I honestly have better luck killing people with Zero Suit D.Va, you do insane damage as long as you keep your cursor at head level. However, ZSS has no utility, so unfortunately I have to get back into the mech to help my team. Your ult always takes ages to build, and it's barely effective because a shield, cart, pole, or column will completely negate it. Hopefully they do more then just give her a damage buff.

Gator86

Which part of the phrase "Group up with me!" is in some alien language that no one but me understands? I'm confused.

It's always an asshole yelling it though. Like a Tracer that screams group up on me then blinks across a giant gap no one else can cross before spamming "I need healing!"

"Group up with me" - flanking Genji

"I need healing" - Tracer on the other side of the map

People can't tell a good call out from a bad one

Haha beat me to it.

XenoRaven

Is context really that hard though?

I mean if I'm Zarya and I say "My ultimate is ready!" "Group up with me!" at the entrance to a choke point, after several minutes of failed pushes where people are trying to play hero and go in 1-3 at a time, people seriously can't figure out the difference between that and a Genji diving the back line without his team and demanding help after he inevitably dies?

I love how people bitch about random Hanzo arrows as if he has a scope to aim through but chooses to just throw them randomly just because.

That's the thing. There's no real skillful way of playing Hanzo if the game is heated and a lot of enemies are running all over the place. THE way to play Hanzo in that situation is to spam shit with no regard as to what you're doing, and the game actively rewards you for it because the hitboxes are so outrageous. That's why he's a terrible character. You can be careful and aim far behind the frontlines and it really feels like that's what he was intended to do, but in making his arrows non-scopable and still viable as a sniper anyway they've made him frustrating to play against at medium range.

Biltmore

Banned

Maybe they should fix that? Because of the flight time of his arrows, combined with the hit box, most Hanzo players just spam and strafe constantly for their kills. I think he's poorly designed and needs a rework. Speed up his arrow time, lower it's damage and give him an alternate attack snipe similar to what he already has at full bow pull, but that zooms in similar to Widow. This would completely get rid of his lame kills, actually force him aim at long range, and make him better in the process, everyone wins.

Gator86

That's the thing. There's no real skillful way of playing Hanzo if the game is heated and a lot of enemies are running all over the place. THE way to play Hanzo in that situation is to spam shit with no regard as to what you're doing, and the game actively rewards you for it because the hitboxes are so outrageous. That's why he's a terrible character. You can be careful and aim far behind the frontlines and it really feels like that's what he was intended to do, but in making his arrows non-scopable and still viable as a sniper anyway they've made him frustrating to play against at medium range.

Yeah, they need to do something. He's such a trash character right now. Every single death to him feels like utter bullshit. It's infuriating. I'd rather get frozdn/headshotted or flash/fanned forever than his shit.

rafa

Neo Member
I've put in a lot of time with D.Va and she's easily my favorite to play as right now, alongside Mercy. She's got incredible mobility for her heft, her damage potential in her mech is similar to Reaper's if you're accurate enough (I've been top damage with her in many matches and I've even had a win in which I was 38% of total team damage), and with her defense matrix she's capable of resisting burst to extremes.

Outside her mech, the only reason why it would take you a long time to rebuild her ultimate is if you're being overly defensive. She's a glass cannon, but one that is as agile as Genji (minus the wall-scaling, obviously). The only characters I fear outside the mech are Roadhog and Bastion.

Her obvious downside is her ultimate is very predictable and easily avoided. It's potential to turn the tide of a match is crucial, though. If your team is barely holding on to a point, or looking to make a final push, nothing clears an area like a self-destruct. I've won matches in overtime by simply making the enemy scatter for their lives and giving us the few precious seconds we need.

Honestly, when I heard she was in talks to get buffed I was shocked. If her damage gets pumped up at all, she'll be unstoppable in the right hands.

Sorral

Because you usually have 2 Torb plus 2 turrets plus 4 other characters all tearing through 2000hps shield in a couple seconds. Then one of the Torbs will ALWAYS molten core adding 400 hps and double dps to the turret and increasing Torb attack speed by 50% while giving him D.Va armor/hps.

Makes sense about the stick turn speed though.

That's the thing I don't get. Why does Torb get all that stuff in one ult while other heroes struggle to do much with their ults in comparison? Two Torbs stacking up turrets and covering their blinds while giving their whole time extra armor and any push you make?

Nah, ima just click that instant turret heal button and have it shoot rockets next while also not dying through whatever you were shooting at me with.

I'm more annoyed by the instant tracking on the turret though. It takes the enjoyment out of the game to have to swap to counter heroes over and over and still not win because the randoms weren't doing it or doing much. Yeah, pouring salt and whatever.

Satch

Banned
so after playing on pc overwatch for the first time today i ended up with 58.1% winrate nice!
ggradiant.gif

Had a terrible start tonight, but went on the biggest winning streak of three days after the first few matches. Ended it all with a bang, going against a team on Hanamura Attack that tried to defend with a full 6 stack of Hanzos. My team took them out one by one, while I capped the point as tracer right off the bat. Then we go over to point B and they are running 4 Bastion, a Mercy, and a Rein. We switch to Genji, Widow, Pharah, and Junkrat and demolish them in less than a minute and a half. God it feels good to be able to defeat a stack like that with such ease now.

Then when we were on defense, they tried to run 6 Lucio. My Reinhardt had an absolute frolic squishing those bois.

Sorral

Goth Zarya is truly the worst.

I'll take goth Zarya over her default skin right now since I play her a lot and haven't gotten any unique skin on her except for default in red. Don't want to spend 1000 currency on her good skins yet.

B.O.O.M

350px-Hanzo_Skin_Lone_Wolf.jpg

Finally got enough gold to buy this one :D

oh and also faced off against a team of 4 Reinhardts today...was insane and intense (king of the hill map)

and then later faced 6 Zaryas ...who were absolutely wrecked by me and another junkrat

I'll take goth Zarya over her default skin right now since I play her a lot and haven't gotten any unique skin on her except for default in red. Don't want to spend 1000 currency on her good skins yet.

Honestly I really think Zarya's alt costumes are ugly as shit. I'd rather play with the default or a nice recolour than with a fugly skin like that. I will never use that skin.
The one I would love to have for Zarya is called Dawn (one of the tier 2 recolours).

In fact, I don't like most of the legendary skins. There's like 5 or 6 that I consider to be really nice across all 42 (not including the Origins/pre-order skins here).

That said, I also got a 150 gold coin out of the 3 loot boxes I opened, so I was able to buy myself Anubis Pharah, which is sleek as fuck. I love that the helmet is changed to a jackal head too.

BigDug13

I've put in a lot of time with D.Va and she's easily my favorite to play as right now, alongside Mercy. She's got incredible mobility for her heft, her damage potential in her mech is similar to Reaper's if you're accurate enough (I've been top damage with her in many matches and I've even had a win in which I was 38% of total team damage), and with her defense matrix she's capable of resisting burst to extremes.

Outside her mech, the only reason why it would take you a long time to rebuild her ultimate is if you're being overly defensive. She's a glass cannon, but one that is as agile as Genji (minus the wall-scaling, obviously). The only characters I fear outside the mech are Roadhog and Bastion.

Her obvious downside is her ultimate is very predictable and easily avoided. It's potential to turn the tide of a match is crucial, though. If your team is barely holding on to a point, or looking to make a final push, nothing clears an area like a self-destruct. I've won matches in overtime by simply making the enemy scatter for their lives and giving us the few precious seconds we need.

Honestly, when I heard she was in talks to get buffed I was shocked. If her damage gets pumped up at all, she'll be unstoppable in the right hands.

Outside of double jump, climbing, and fully three dimensional dash, yeah same mobility as gengi. :p

As Mercy, I hate when the only tank is D.Va. She melts instantly and even when damage boosting, players rarely make anything happen. Feels like she's support more than a tank!

Sorral

Honestly I really think Zarya's alt costumes are ugly as shit. I'd rather play with the default or a nice recolour than with a fugly skin like that. I will never use that skin.
The one I would love to have for Zarya is called Dawn (one of the tier 2 recolours).

In fact, I don't like most of the legendary skins. There's like 5 or 6 that I consider to be really nice across all 42 (not including the Origins/pre-order skins here).

That said, I also got a 150 gold coin out of the 3 loot boxes I opened, so I was able to buy myself Anubis Pharah, which is sleek as fuck. I love that the helmet is changed to a jackal head too.

I think the Siberian Front one on Zarya looks alright especially when it is relevant to the Omnics war I'm guessing since she went to war against the Omnics and that seemed to be one of the fronts near Russia in the war, but I'm not going to spend 1000 currency on that. Might buy one of the 250 ones if I don't get any of her legendary ones soon.

Anubis Pharah is definitely the best skin on her imo as well. It's what I use on her and it seems most of her legendary ones are pretty irrelevant to where Pharah is from.

I can't disagree on lots of legendary skins being meh though, but I'd say more than 5 are cool looking for sure lol.

As Mercy, I hate when the only tank is D.Va. She melts instantly and even when damage boosting, players rarely make anything happen. Feels like she's support more than a tank!

You'd be better off attending to someone else honestly. D.Va's job is to get the mech blown up and take one or two people with it, then melt foreheads with her real weapon. Continue until mech can be called and repeat, self destructing when applicable.

I actually prefer not to have Mercy with me when playing D.Va because then I feel responsible for keeping her alive when I'm trying to boost around and cause trouble

Which makes it even better when you get play of the game with that costume.

Just adding more salt to the pile.

I think the game deducts 100 POTG points for using that skin automatically

People get really mad when you ask them to switch heroes. Like, REALLY mad.

In one pub match 2 people picked Widowmaker on attack, and I tried to be very diplomatic, going "2 snipers on attack is kinda bad, would one of you be kind enough to switch?". I guess also being the support helped, maybe, but either way and sure enough, one Widow swapped off to Tracer and actually did really well too.

You'd be better off attending to someone else honestly. D.Va's job is to get the mech blown up and take one or two people with it, then melt foreheads with her real weapon. Continue until mech can be called and repeat, self destructing when applicable.

I actually prefer not to have Mercy with me when playing D.Va because then I feel responsible for keeping her alive when I'm trying to boost around and cause trouble
Point is then we have nothing to hold the front. I'd rather have any other tank than D.va. It's like when you have no healer and the only support pick is Symmetra. :p

Roadhog is weak to a lot of midrange or long attacks. Think soldier 76, hanzo, widow, for example. Even if they heal up you're gonna get your ult very fast with all the damage you're putting out. Reaper can also melt roadhogs if they get up close.

Roadhog is weak to a lot of midrange or long attacks. Think soldier 76, hanzo, widow, for example. Even if they heal up you're gonna get your ult very fast with all the damage you're putting out. Reaper can also melt roadhogs if they get up close.

Yeah, double or trip soldiers should demolish the Hog Squad. Soldier stacks are hard to beat without extensive coordination.

Instro

I should really start trying to group up with gaffers or something I feel like I've been losing most of my games for several days now, some of the teams are just awful.

I had a game where the team picked 2 Hanzos on attack and I picked a third one to mess around then someone says "3 Hanzos?"

Were you ok with 2 Hanzos you madman?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Played a few matches as Widowmaker after the nerf, still wreck fools.

Mei's icebeam range should be reduced IMO.

Played a few matches as Widowmaker after the nerf, still wreck fools.

Mei's icebeam range should be reduced IMO.

Did you mean Icycle? Because that should definitely have more drop to it at long range. I've beaten more Widows than I would ever dream of dropping in straight up sniping duels with that thing.

hbkdx12

Goth Zarya is truly the worst.

I jut hit level 23 and i got both goth legendaries. (i feel like i got more legendaries than most people in this thread oddly enough) I like them even though i don't really use her *shrugs*

I'm having a really hard time trying to train myself that not every fight needs to be winnable. Alot of times just distracting an opponent or retreating from a fight can be more advantageous than trying to stand your ground and getting cut down in a matter of seconds

I guess i'm still stuck in that mode from other shooters where you generally want to kill them before they kill you, even if it pushes you within an inch of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom