• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

Guys, I fell down a dark hole and now I think I really like playing as Reaper. He's so stupid easy to play and get kills with. I already got his cute spray and everything (I'm never gonna get the other one lol).

But I don't have any costumes with him, and I've got 500 coins. Should I go for one of his epic skins or should I wait it out and buy one of the Mariachi outfits?

Indignate

Guys, I fell down a dark hole and now I think I really like playing as Reaper. He's so stupid easy to play and get kills with. I already got his cute spray and everything (I'm never gonna get the other one lol).

But I don't have any costumes with him, and I've got 500 coins. Should I go for one of his epic skins or should I wait it out and buy one of the Mariachi outfits?

You should wait until you get over him and spend you coins on someone more deserving.

Gartooth

Just won Hanamura attack with 6 D.Vas

Feel kinda bad lol

I think Hanamura can be a really painful map for attackers if defenders do certain team combos. I had a pretty bad loss on a Hanamura Attack game with 5 defending Bastions at the end. That shit was painful with them locking down all entrance points and spot checking each other.

On the other end I had a very successful defense game where me and a friend just decided to troll the enemy team by using Mei ice walls to continuously keep the gate to the first capture point blocked. Chat hated us after that game. lol

zonezeus

This. They don't even respond when you ask them to heal you--Zenyatta is not even sufficient to fill the role of a healer. Experience tranquility auto-aim.

This is precisely the point. People think of him as a healer like Mercy or Lucio, but he's actually a mobile artillery with some off-healing capabilities so Blizzard can shove him into the Support category and call it a day. I'm guilty as charged - when playing Zenyatta I prioritize damage over healing because this is actually what Zen excels at and what I think contributes most to the team. Sure, I'll float around between waves of enemies and try to heal as much people as possible, but when the enemy comes I'll just slap the Harmony orb on the tank in front of me and blast away.

BigDug13

D.Va has a fully three-dimensional high-speed flight ability. She actually has significantly better mobility than Genji. She's closer to Pharah.

Uhh. The person I was responding to was claiming D.Va OUTSIDE her mech was nearly as agile as Gengi.

TheFatMan

The Offense category in particular holds very little meaning.

I feel most of the categories in general are incorrect.

You can pick Torbjorn, Bastion and Roadhog and the game will tell you you have low damage.

Which we all know is silly at that point.

Nvzman

Okay, finally added myself to the Google Doc.
Gonna start adding some people to Battle.net so hopefully if anyone else is on we can group up.

Vitanimus

ugh, using zarya and sending a shielded widowmaker against a bastion turret makes me so erect. is zarya the best?
pwou69d.gif

The worst thing about losing isn't because the other team is beast, it's because matchmaking seems to keep giving me and my friend at least one terrible teammate, we've had soldiers who never use their ult, suicide pharahs, double zenyatta pairings who both hang back next to each other and reinhardts who charge every time their skill has cooled down.

It's upsetting.

Zarya is a beast in good hands.

Sou Da

The worst thing about losing isn't because the other team is beast, it's because matchmaking seems to keep giving me and my friend at least one terrible teammate, we've had soldiers who never use their ult, suicide pharahs, double zenyatta pairings who both hang back next to each other and reinhardts who charge every time their skill has cooled down.

It's upsetting.

Zarya is a beast in good hands.

Goddammit stop letting people know.

Pooya

I carry pubs playing zarya, it's so satisfying. I get the most eliminations too lol. taking down a zarya needs a little bit coordination and sustained damage that solo players might not have, she's not that amazing in full teams, she's good when you combo her with roadhog, they can support each other very well, zarya is quite weak in close range against reaper etc, roadhog helps a lot here, then barrier on roadhog is just INSANE. It's a very effective and annoying combo. I enjoy playing her a lot. I'm glad most teams don't do this yet and just go with one rein whatever instead lol. with mccree nerf she got a lot better too.

T.O.P

Banned
I had a Symmetra trying to pull a Dunkey last night and put her teleports right besides a cliff to trick people into mass suicides

So fun and original

Sou Da

I had a Symmetra trying to pull a Dunkey last night and put her teleports right besides a cliff to trick people into mass suicides

So fun and original

That video did more harm than good tbh, most people wouldn't even dream of picking Sym so they never thought of it until now.

After 62 hours of playing complicated character I played an entire match as Soldier for the first time, and he's...pretty good !

His DPS is great at medium range, I think he has the best and most consistent medium range DPS...plus he's very fast and can heal himself and others. His Helix rockets are better than Pharah's rockets for surprising enemies, but then it's a special ability compared to a primary fire of Pharah.

Haha I played him for the first time yesterday too. I enjoyed it, though I knew I was pretty bad with him. It definitely felt nice to play a character who can actually do damage and kill enemies easily, after I've been playing mostly tanks and supports.

El Sloth

Banned

So fun and original
I sometimes wonder if this is the reason why many times my pug teammates just straight up ignore my teleporter and take the long way back

That video did more harm than good tbh, most people wouldn't even dream of picking Sym so they never thought of it until now.
I don't really blame the dude who made the vid. Someone was bound to figure it out and post it sooner or later.

More fool Blizzard for creating such a shitty character.

T.O.P

Banned
I sometimes wonder if this is the reason why many times my pug teammates just straight up ignore my teleporter and take the long way back

Hell, i knew it as soon as i saw someone pick a Symmetra on attack lol

But yes, i'm a lot more careful now lol

BigDug13

Classes that can get back to the fight quickly during a time when the threat isn't so bad should avoid the teleporter anyway. Should let slow classes use it when it's really necessary.

BigDug13

i never knew her teleporter had a limit before it breaks thought it was unlimited until someone destroyed it lol

Six people can be teleported then the ult is reset. Love being Mercy and watching a soldier sprint through the last charge, leaving the team's only healer with a long run back.

Golden coin flips out of a box. Could this be? My first legendary skin?! YES!

...oh...

:(
My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

You'll never get scared of a D.Va gunning towards you, there's little she can do to really harm you. The spread on her guns means she can only do real damage against large characters, but Reinhardt and Winston are the only ones she really has any advantage over, assuming you can track them with your cursor. I honestly have better luck killing people with Zero Suit D.Va, you do insane damage as long as you keep your cursor at head level. However, ZSS has no utility, so unfortunately I have to get back into the mech to help my team. Your ult always takes ages to build, and it's barely effective because a shield, cart, pole, or column will completely negate it. Hopefully they do more then just give her a damage buff.

I used to feel this way but ive down alright with her recently! Even got a play of the game. Still, I thought they said they are buffing her right? I'd definitely appreciate it.

Wow! Got my first legendary skin!

...at level 27.

...for a character I never use.

Not possible. You're guaranteed a legendary after 25 lootboxes, so you must've got one before you hit level 27 too. You probably missed it, so go through your hero gallery just to make sure :)

i never knew her teleporter had a limit before it breaks thought it was unlimited until someone destroyed it lol

When playing Symmetra, there's a counter at the bottom of the screen that shows the number of usages left, too.

Not possible. You're guaranteed a legendary after 25 lootboxes, so you must've got one before you hit level 27 too. You probably missed it, so go through your hero gallery just to make sure :)

When playing Symmetra, there's a counter at the bottom of the screen that shows the number of usages left, too.

i always thought it was how many times she can make teleporters. (i only played her once btw)

RE: Loot boxes.

the times i do get legendary it's just coints. fml. i guess it's better that way so i can buy what i want.

hydruxo

I went 35-3 as McCree last night, it was awesome. A couple weeks ago I just could not for the life of me get a hang of him but everything clicked that match. I was getting headshots left and right haha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I have 1770 coins right now. Think I'll save it for the new batch because there really isn't anything I want right now.

Kinda want imp Mercy but I really don't play mercy that often.

Went 41-4 last night with Soldier 76. My best match yet! It feels so good to line up the perfect helix blast and to have your aim be pin point perfect even at long range. He's actually a pretty great sniper counter once you get him down.

T.O.P

Banned
I have 1770 coins right now. Think I'll save it for the new batch because there really isn't anything I want right now.

Same, i'm at 2k and the skin i wanted already dropped for me

Hyped to see what they come up with next

I almost have enough for a legendary, but I'm too afraid to use them. I think I'm going to save them to buy the last items I need when I'm close to that stupid 50 item trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom