• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
From a fun match with 2 other gaffers last night. We went up against a team of 4 Soldiers, and a mix of Hanzo, Lucio and Pharah in KoTH at the Tower.

2usAUkS.png

The last OT lasted a good 5-10min LOL.

Also got GOLD Damage with 13,354 damage.
I played with you! Was Zarya. That match was crazy. Had 53 elims, 45 objective kills.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Any open groups or anyone looking for someone to play with on PS4? On right now and will be for the next few hours.

PSN: Notajellyfish

I usually play solo but always play the objective and make the hero switch if needed for the team.

I got the stupid Comtesse Widowmaker skin as my latest Legendary. Nothing beats Rose, I'm afraid.

Just gonna save up for one of El Blanco Reaper or Undersea Winston. Or just wait for new skins entirely.

Just won a match on Attack (Gibraltar) by playing as Torbjörn and putting a turret on the Payload, while a friendly Reinhardt protected us.

Fastest match ever won (Edit: 3 minutes, fucking lol). I killed 18 people and didn't die once!

Edit:

UbKUepH.jpg

kami_sama

I thought Symmetra was useless and then, BAM, 19 eliminations with a 12 kill-streak in a single match :eek:

Symmetra is awesome in defense. Her turrets are awesome, her teleporter can win matches, and her dps are crazy good (if you can get close enough).
BUT her shields aren't very good and she's useless in attack and not very good on koth maps.

Either way, I love playing with her. First skin I bought was Devi.

Finally bought this off PSN yesterday. I hardly ever pay full price for games so I'm hoping this won't go on sale next week or something. I'd be a bit annoyed.
Anyways, it's a lot of fun. Played the tutorial and maybe about 2 hours of matches. I've only played with a handful of characters, but I do the best with Widowmaker. I can get some decent kill streaks and don't die 50 times.
I also like playing as Tracer, but I tend to lose most gun fights. I also suck with throwing the bomb. I can never throw it where I want to. The range on it kind of sucks.
I need to try every character and play enough to learn the maps since there's no minimap here like in Uncharted 4(which is my current mp game).

I have some questions though -
There's a character who can make a big ass turret that's really hard to destroy - am I missing something? Is there a fast and easier way to destroy the turret or is it just extremely resistant to damage? Seems a bit unfair.

The weekly brawl with soldier 76 - do these do anything? Like, do you get more experience by playing this than the regular quick play?

Did I do another lame potg? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUKCuiKx8p4

I see replays of Pharahs doing sneak attack rocket barrages. I wanna do that.

Also I think I've come to the conclusion that I won't play any other character nearly as well as I play Roadhog. My hook game is insane, and I rarely ever lose to anyone in a 1v1 situation, and I've ran around for 5 minutes on my own being attacked pretty frequently by more than one person and not dying. I don't know what it is, but when I play him, I'm super good and frustrate the fuck out of people, including Tracers and Genjis with RKO hooks outta nowhere.

TeamGizzy

Banned
I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its " for babies" Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Does younGaf think this game is lamesauce ??

He buys COD every year though..

I know level isn't that much of an indication of skill but sorry, why does the game give me some sub level 40's while the enemy team has 5 people over 100 which in turn shread my team up like it's wet toilet roll.

The game even spent a few minutes trying to matchmake the game for us, why did it fail so hard.

Zaventem

I know level isn't that much of an indication of skill but sorry, why does the game give me some sub level 40's while the enemy team has 5 people over 100 which in turn shread my team up like it's wet toilet roll.

The game even spent a few minutes trying to matchmake the game for us, why did it fail so hard.

Level isn't much indicator of skill but i will still bet everything it's a good indicator of experience. You can power level to 40s in no time, most are still experimenting, learning routes, shortcuts, healthpack locations. The match making is stomp or be stomped in most of my games.

I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its " for babies" Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Honestly it's foolish for your nephew to say Overwatch is for babies. There's a lot to master in the game if you wanna be the very best like no one ever was. There's counters on top of counters for almost every ability/attack in the game, and that can be frustrating for people with little patience.

Sure it has a cartoony look to it, and Tracer's annoying voice make people's ears bleed, but I think your nephew just doesn't want to wrecked by awesome abilities in an awesome game.

Matty8787

This game is amazing! Played for first time ever today and I am lvl/rank 8...

Played mostly with Soldier 76 to start off with but had a blast with Widowmaker and a few others.

Anybody up for adding me on battle.net it is Matty8787#2101

Alucrid

Banned

go buy your nephew a hot topic gift card

Came in to say the exact same thing - the matchmaking on XBO is totally screwed. Since I hit the 30s I'm being thrown into lobbies which are so mismatched it's lost any fun. It either ends with us completely overrunning them inside 60 seconds, or vice versa. It's changed completely from when I was playing with lower ranked players who played the points etc. rather than grinding out the same characters etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I'm sorry to say but your nephew is probably the kind of kid to play Reaper if he even did play Overwatch.

As a responsible gaming uncle you should keep an eye out for early warning signs like too many "x"s and punctuation marks in his handles, or if he starts parroting GamerGate talking points.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I'm pretty convinced if you and a buddy are both really good Tracers, or really good Roadhogs, you can just dominate match after match if you tag team and have great communication.

I swear me and a friend carried round after round - two Tracers on offense, two Roadhogs on defense. Take opposing routes but close enough to save each other. Alternate hooks, alternate health, alternate ults, etc.

You're either too damn fast and annoying, or you just have a plethora of HP and hooks are an instant kill for half the other heroes.

Obviously this is against pubs. Against any coordinated team it's relatively easy to fuck us... but our win rate was almost perfect.

TeamGizzy

Banned
I'm sorry to say but your nephew is probably the kind of kid to play Reaper if he even did play Overwatch.

As a responsible gaming uncle you should keep an eye out for early warning signs like too many "x"s and punctuation marks in his handles, or if he starts parroting GamerGate talking points.

He would totally be a Reaper. I laugh just thinking about it. It's like they made Reaper specifically for him and his friends.

I've got about a half hour playing Reaper though. But that's to jack of all trades these characters

Alucrid

Banned
i've gotten so many solo mic bros in my pugs today that scream like they're having a prostate exam when shit doesn't go their way. what's the fastest way to mute these people? (ps4)

Mupod

What's a good counter to Symmetra's turrets? Seems like they're everywhere sometimes.

winston wipes them all out for free. All the explosive users including Zarya are pretty good for it.

Oddly enough Lucio is super good at it too since his gun is accurate and one shots them.

incidentally I just finished a Volskaya defense that was 2x Torb, 2x Symmetra, Zarya, and myself on Zenyatta. A Genji on the other team never swapped off Genji. I'd imagine he'll keep seeing that team in his nightmares.

Hanzo is what I play when I'm sick of playing like a sticking plaster on random teams and trying to salvage rag tag comps. My win% with him is 25 and not likely to shoot up.

Sou Da

Finally bought this off PSN yesterday. I hardly ever pay full price for games so I'm hoping this won't go on sale next week or something. I'd be a bit annoyed.
Anyways, it's a lot of fun. Played the tutorial and maybe about 2 hours of matches. I've only played with a handful of characters, but I do the best with Widowmaker. I can get some decent kill streaks and don't die 50 times.
I also like playing as Tracer, but I tend to lose most gun fights. I also suck with throwing the bomb. I can never throw it where I want to. The range on it kind of sucks.
I need to try every character and play enough to learn the maps since there's no minimap here like in Uncharted 4(which is my current mp game).

I have some questions though -
There's a character who can make a big ass turret that's really hard to destroy - am I missing something? Is there a fast and easier way to destroy the turret or is it just extremely resistant to damage? Seems a bit unfair.

The weekly brawl with soldier 76 - do these do anything? Like, do you get more experience by playing this than the regular quick play?

The bomb is just intended to be a stick that you throw on a tank really quickly and zap away, Pick Widow and take it on or Pharah (might be harder on console, turret might be nerfed), brawls do nothing but provide alternative to quick play.

Alucrid

Banned
Rebind Tracer's bomb to L2. It's impossible to throw it where you want with triangle.

oh. wow. i just realized you can do this by character.

what other good rebinds are there? lucio's jump would be nice but then i'd be getting rid of either the alt fire, boost or switch modes....hm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom