• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

This. They don't even respond when you ask them to heal you--Zenyatta is not even sufficient to fill the role of a healer. Experience tranquility auto-aim.

He's actually sufficient to be a healer full-time. The thing is, you need to be focused on healing while playing him and treat elims/damage as a secondary concern.

>:)

Syms cute spray has to be more rare than getting a Legendary. 20 teleports in a single game?! Even with terrible teammates, this isn't possible :\

ElyrionX

Also, are there anyone here solo queueing and experiencing very streaky wins and losses? The moment I group up, my W/L climbs up but I just go on a massive losing streak when solo queueing after that. It's really frustrating. And a lot of these games, I just get stomped. They're not even close.

Sou Da

I don't really blame the dude who made the vid. Someone was bound to figure it out and post it sooner or later.

More fool Blizzard for creating such a shitty character.

Judging by your avatar, I already knew good taste wasn't your thing.

Mei's the only character that shouldn't have made it in.

abundant

Also, are there anyone here solo queueing and experiencing very streaky wins and losses? The moment I group up, my W/L climbs up but I just go on a massive losing streak when solo queueing after that. It's really frustrating. And a lot of these games, I just get stomped. They're not even close.

That's been my experience as well. Whenever I attempt solo queue, my team is almost always bad and I'm the type of player where when my teams is doing poorly, I'm doing poorly.

DrArchon

Syms cute spray has to be more rare than getting a Legendary. 20 teleports in a single game?! Even with terrible teammates, this isn't possible :\

The problem is that either your team is good enough that they aren't dying enough for you to get close to 20 teleports, or your team is shitty enough to die that much in which case either the match won't last long enough for you to get twenty or the enemy will be up in your grill enough to keep finding and blowing up your teleporters.

It's fucking bananas.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But really, why use any other Sym spray over this?

symmetra-spray-10-caution.png

benzopil

Syms cute spray has to be more rare than getting a Legendary. 20 teleports in a single game?! Even with terrible teammates, this isn't possible :
You can teleport yourself and get this stupid trophy.

I still want to look in the eyes of that guy who created Lucio's and Zenyatta's trophies.

ElyrionX

That's been my experience as well. Whenever I attempt solo queue, my team is almost always bad and I'm the type of player where when my teams is doing poorly, I'm doing poorly.

I don't know if my team is necessarily bad. We do get a nice assortment of heroes and people do try to balance the teams. We just get outplayed massively. Sometimes I play poorly but other times I play well. Regardless, I lose a lot more than I win when solo queueing.

Soma

i'm glad i got that achievement when i did

but man there's been times i wanna yell into my mic when I see teammates running past my teleport portal in spawn even during overtime :|

Davidion

Had a couple of solid defenses as symmetra last night. I still feel like she's completely useless without at least a halfway decent team tho.

Also, I could SWEAR Zenyattas left click auto-aims a bit, even here on PC. Is it just me? Can't find any recent references that's not from last year. I will note that it feels slightly easier to hit with hanzos arrows than normal sniping, so maybe my aiming just isn't quit as bad as I thought.

I feel like solo queue is a good place to really learn how to adapt on the fly. You need to rely less on other people and more on yourself. If you include CBT, at least half my games are solo queued. I feel like that has helped me in group play as well, because you learn to play off other people with little communication.

At least in OW you shouldn't be going up against premades much if ever. If you do, it usually means the other 5 people on your team are a premade, so at least it's somewhat even. Maybe they'll even invite you if you impress them enough.

Davidion

I've noticed that sometimes the matchmaking will put one lvl 40-80 on one team when the rest of the field is lvl 0-30. In those games, the team with the high outlier often wins.

I'm not sure if the background mmr adds up, but in my anecdotal experience matchmaking definitely "flubs" for me more often than not. Yes, could be a "git gud" situation, but still.

ViviOggi

Also, I could SWEAR Zenyattas left click auto-aims a bit, even here on PC. Is it just me? Can't find any recent references that's not from last year. I will note that it feels slightly easier to hit with hanzos arrows than normal sniping, so maybe my aiming just isn't quit as bad as I thought.

Hanzo's arrow hitboxes are absolutely massive. Could be that Zenyatta's orbs are a bit more generous as well but either way hitboxes in this game are very forgiving in general, and coupled with the super aggressive lag compensation it might feel like aim assist at times.

I'm a bad sniper and I can hardly land headshots on anyone, at 50 ping and 70 fps. A level 100+ friend told me that even pro players barely get 33% headshots, but perhaps I was misinformed. They said that due to the models and tick rate and such, hoping for an upper chest shot is best, and headshots are more of a lucky bonus.

I've had the same sort of experience trying to headshot frozen enemies with Mei. I can be 2 feet away with someone completely frozen and still be unsure how to headshot because of how weird the models and animations are sometimes. I'll be afraid it'll hit a shoulder instead.

Maybe a good Widow could have helped us though.

Sounds like a stat he made up. But also likely a stat, if true, applies to all heroes across the board. Roadhog is a slow, huge target, with the head the size of a water melon.

JoeMartin

Had a couple of solid defenses as symmetra last night. I still feel like she's completely useless without at least a halfway decent team tho.

Terrible tick rate + monster hitbox on hanzo's arrow. It's frustrating to watch happen, especially as people get better. Just getting an arrow in the relative vicinity of someone's head..

Kito

I got 25 legit teleports on Lijiang Tower: Control Center thanks to overtime. (We won.)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I enjoy sym, but I'm having a lot more fun recently with mei on defense. Problem for me is that Sym feels rote after awhile but with mei it feels more like freeform jazz.

It's about the icewalls you don't place.

JustinBB7

What do the points next to the achievements do anyway? If it's XP they might as well not bother since I need thousands and thousands of that. I'm not sure what else it could be.

I got the Transcendence one by using it when my team was caught in Zarya, Hanzo, and 76's ults at the same time.

Rapid Discord however, is impossible/ a spectacular amount of luck required. Stupid achievement.

Vestal

From a fun match with 2 other gaffers last night. We went up against a team of 4 Soldiers, and a mix of Hanzo, Lucio and Pharah in KoTH at the Tower.

2usAUkS.png

The last OT lasted a good 5-10min LOL.

Also got GOLD Damage with 13,354 damage.

Rad-

He's actually sufficient to be a healer full-time. The thing is, you need to be focused on healing while playing him and treat elims/damage as a secondary concern.

30 healing per second for single target is not much really. I don't think Zen has the capability to be a main healer, except maybe when your team has supporting healers/protectors like Zarya or Soldier 76.

Zen has one of the highest all-range dps in the game so it would be crazy to treat damage as a secondary concern for him. Focus on dealing 200 dps or healing 30 dps. Easy choice. But not saying you shouldn't heal obviously. Zen should have that healing orb up all the time. I just don't think it's something that Zen should focus most of his time to.

Dreavus

I guess if you never switch off Symmetra (which lots of people do after the first half of the map) and also place the teleporters really safe, I could see it happening. It would definitely be sub-optimal play though.

Play of the game is me clearing the capture point all by myself. Nobody jumps on it with me. We lose.

Also, I'm fully on the "fuck players who snipe on offense" train. We don't need a Hanzo and Widow on offense, dammit!

Its been a rough couple of days.

I guess if you never switch off Symmetra (which lots of people do after the first half of the map) and also place the teleporters really safe, I could see it happening. It would definitely be sub-optimal play though.

I think you guys are really underestimating Sym.

Intelligent turret placement and effective use of her charge shot should generate team leading Elims on most defence maps. Add in shield dispersal and the fact you'll generate tons of teleporters when you're effective with your offence and she's easily one of the most valuable heroes when on defence. There's just a lot of poor Syms out there.

That said, choosing Sym on attack or KotH is just irresponsible.

Flintty

I got back from a trip to US yesterday and missed the game immensely. I have a terrible habit of forgetting how to play games when I'm away but I had a few games with the team last night and was smashing it; such an enjoyable pick up and play game. I can see myself playing for quite some time :)

Vestal

Play of the game is me clearing the capture point all by myself. Nobody jumps on it with me. We lose.

Also, I'm fully on the "fuck players who snipe on offense" train. We don't need a Hanzo and Widow on offense, dammit!

Its been a rough couple of days.

Hanzo or Widow is needed if they have a Pharah/Widow/Torb/Bastion on Defense.Makes life a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom