• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16 year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its "for babies". Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Does YoungGaf think this game is lamesauce?

He buys COD every year though...

And what, your nephew thinks he's a senior citizen?

I find that the best example is to let him watch you play a couple of matches, and then let him try out some of the characters in training mode. Soldier 76 is the best introductory character for anyone who has experience with FPS's, especially since 76's tool set is similar to the standard for a military-themed FPS. Of course, if he hasn't changed his mind about the game after playing it, then it's his loss.

Mupod

Hanzo is what I play when I'm sick of playing like a sticking plaster on random teams and trying to salvage rag tag comps. My win% with him is 25 and not likely to shoot up.

I switch to Soldier as a form of protest. He's fun to play even when your team is bad since he can operate solo, I chase the 5 golds.

I've had people freak out on me for not picking a support when they all rushed to pick Genji, Widow and Reaper. Yeah like I'm gonna play Mercy and guard the payload by myself while you're fighting over a staircase on the other side of the map. It's amazing how little self awareness people have and I'm losing my patience lately. I'd like to just stick to playing with friends but they have been dropping off this game, we get a few nights a week in at least.

benzopil

oh. wow. i just realized you can do this by character.

what other good rebinds are there? lucio's jump would be nice but then i'd be getting rid of either the alt fire, boost or switch modes....hm

With Lucio I have jump on L2, switch on L1, push on R1 and boost on X.

I also have Genji jump on L2.

J4g3r

Not something I expect to happen when playing on my own.

11575066656665239552_xik5v.png

11575066656665239552_vkkga.png

Oink

TeamGizzy

Banned
Can someone enlighten me and tell me what is the purpose of Tracer's ult ?

I throw it and it never seems to hurt anyone but yet I get killed with it quite a bit. Does it need to stick to someone ? Does it have a radius on it ??

moojito

Oink

I once joined a game with the intention of playing as Winston. Map loads up, I see 5 Winstons already selected. I thought why not and joined the herd. Didn't end well!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I throw it and it never seems to hurt anyone but yet I get killed with it quite a bit. Does it need to stick to someone ? Does it have a radius on it ??

It has a radius, it's also sticky, and it deals 400 damage, which is auto kill on all non-tanks. It's best to aim for the healer with it.

Canucked

All day I've been with paper teams. Everyone picking hanzo, widow, torn, genji, mcree. Overtime no matter the objective. So I pick a support because I try to be a team player but no one takes the point 'cause they're hanging back trying for kills and trying not to die. So I switch to tank to take point and take some heat. But then my teammates fucking scatter to the winds for some reason...like I smell or something...and never switch EVER and Im the only one on point. And the enemy team dog piles me.

So I switch back to support hoping my teams will move in and no one is doing anything so I end up rushing the point as Mercy to get overtime hoping my team will at least rush it. With my heal beam extended on some frantic Genji as far as it will go, and the enemy team just dog piles mercy and I have no back up...

So many games this morning...and I refuse to abandon 'cause I'm obviously an idiot...

moojito

Find a big clump of players, blink in, stick it to someone, blink out, get potg.

oh. wow. i just realized you can do this by character.

what other good rebinds are there? lucio's jump would be nice but then i'd be getting rid of either the alt fire, boost or switch modes....hm

For Lucio:

L2 - Jump
L1 - Alt fire
X - Switch between the two modes

Imo this is the best set-up for Lucio. It's just a slight mindfuck for a few seconds when you switch to him and gotta remember that you swapped the jump button. I have jump on L2 for Winston as well.

Yeah, you stick it to people.

Find a big clump of players, blink in, stick it to someone, blink out, get potg.

It's really, really rare that I see a Tracer player get POTG. To get POTG you typically need minimum three kills in a short time-span. I always get more than that when I play offense.

Alucrid

Banned
I'm thinking of swapping L1 and X on Lucio

With Lucio I have jump on L2, switch on L1, push on R1 and boost on X.

I also have Genji jump on L2.

For Lucio:

L2 - Jump
L1 - Alt fire
X - Switch between the two modes

Imo this is the best set-up for Lucio. It's just a slight mindfuck for a few seconds when you switch to him and gotta remember that you swapped the jump button. I have jump on L2 for Winston as well.

Yeah, you stick it to people.

It's really, really rare that I see a Tracer player get POTG. To get POTG you typically need minimum three kills in a short time-span. I always get more than that when I play offense.

thanks, gonna change these up now

mbpm1

When the enemy team steps on all of your traps

And then you see in your team's killcam the trapped enemy after enemy being taken down with easy headshots by your sniper/soldier

*kisses fingers*

Zemm

This gosugamers tournament has been awful to watch so far. It feels like there's about 4 teams that can compete with eachother in this game, and not because they're so much better but because the teams they're playing against are playing like a PUG team, forgetting to use Q's on overtime and shit. Not a single game has got past the first point yet.

This gosugamers tournament has been awful to watch so far. It feels like there's about 4 teams that can compete with eachother in this game, and not because they're so much better but because the teams they're playing against are playing like a PUG team, forgetting to use Q's on overtime and shit. Not a single game has got past the first point yet.

Just watch EU tournaments then.

Boo Who?

Neo Member
reinhardt is slowly becoming my favorite to play

uZ67qBb.gif
I love playing as Reinhardt. He is also the only character I get really pissed when playing as. You get on a team that does't stand behind his shield or move up with you, pisses me off like no other. However, get a good Mercy and a good Soldier 76 with you, and you are a lethal three person wrecking crew.

1 - wait in the wings for enemy squishies to group up
2 - stick one of them and watch them scramble towards their buddies
3 - ???
4 - triple kill

Alternatively

1 - "I'm gonna kill Bastion"
2 - stick Bastion
3 - ???
4 - profit

Basically pick your spots and unless you're right up in someone's face don't panic throw it

VexyWexy

I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its " for babies" Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Does younGaf think this game is lamesauce ??

He buys COD every year though..

When I tried to convince my 20-something year old coworkers to get Overwatch, their response was "That cartoon game? Naw."

They're still playing Black Ops 3...

For awhile Hanzo was just constant misses, then suddenly when I changed my crosshair everything clicked and I'm landing headshots like it's nothing. I'll take my Hanzo over WM anyday now.

aeolist

Banned
i really wish they could balance hanzo differently, because he's definitely not OP but getting headshot and seeing him aim well to the side in the killcam is always frustrating.

they really need to work on the netcode too, because at least 2-3 times a day i'll do something (usually blink or recall with tracer) and then die and see that it never happened on the killcam. and yes, i get that i still could have died with better netcode but it would have been more consistent and i wouldn't be able to trigger my abilities in the first place.

MoonGred

Oink

Well it's safe to say that he's no longer a one man apocalypse.

Got some more duplicate sprays and now I've got 1000g to spend on a skin, is the RNG skewed not to give duplicate legendary skins?

Pachimari

Had my best game yet with a 7-killstreak as Genji. I'm slowly getting better and better with him. Also just bought the pre-order noire skin for Widowmaker!

KJ869

WTF is wrong with these people.. If we lose hanamura A in under 5minutes, they just GG and go to run in corner... Please come ranked soon..

mbpm1

I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its " for babies" Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Does younGaf think this game is lamesauce ??

He buys COD every year though..

Teenagers would just play 6 Reaper teams if they came into OW, good riddance :p

Peff

Teenagers would just play 6 Reaper teams if they came into OW, good riddance :p

I actually solo queued into a group of four Reapers, a Tracer and me as Junkrat yesterday versus a Symmetra, a Widow, a Mercy, a Reindhardt, a Soldier and a Torbjorn.

We won. I'm still not quite sure how that happened.

mbpm1

I actually solo queued into a group of four Reapers, a Tracer and me as Junkrat yesterday versus a Symmetra, a Widow, a Mercy, a Reindhardt, a Soldier and a Torbjorn.

We won. I'm still not quite sure how that happened.

A lot of people died, died, died

i wish you could bind ULT's to L1+R1 like destiny

actually that might get messy in some cases like with mercy flying to somebody and boosting their attack

Eric WK

I am guessing an absurd amount of boxes were bought. I mean, I only got like maybe 4k in 100 boxes. And while that number increases at an accellerated rate the more you have... I am guessing at least 300-400 range depending on the account level.

Yeah. I lost track, but somewhere around 300 purchased plus level 98.

Worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom