• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Are there any PC players in here playing regularly? I'm playing on the American servers and I only have like 3 friends on my friendlist. :(

Peff

A lot of people died, died, died

Haha, yep. Absurdly enough it was obviously a memeteam because it didn't happen until the 10 seconds before starting up, the opposing team had a couple of people with the prestige star and I was all like "get your memes off my lawn, I'll pink Junkrat just to spite you people" inside. I felt a little guilty afterwards, heh.

Rad-

For awhile Hanzo was just constant misses, then suddenly when I changed my crosshair everything clicked and I'm landing headshots like it's nothing. I'll take my Hanzo over WM anyday now.

Other crosshairs are better at shooting than default but they don't show which ability is active like default. :(

I use default for him, dot for McCree, circle for Winston/Symmetra and small cross for others.

Woo-Fu

Banned
What does Rank on Masteroverwatch mean btw? I'm Rank #510 with Widowmaker on PS4 and don't understand is it good or bad...

It doesn't mean good or bad, it means how much time you've spent playing Widowmaker on PS4 compared to all the other PS4 playerids the site tracks.

Playing against an entire team of reapers is the most annoying game I have ever played. I can see it easily overwhelming teams that are still learning the game or aren't willing to change characters.

They just took turns alternating their ult usage. Luckily we managed to win with me and another player switching to Mei and blocking the reapers and the payload, while the bastion covered us from behind. Every time they ulted, we just popped Cryo-Freeze and ignored the damage.

Yea its a valid strategy to have one team pick one character and rampage, and it's easily hard countered, but it isn't fun to play against.

abundant

Yea its a valid strategy to have one team pick one character and rampage, and it's easily hard countered, but it isn't fun to play against.

It depends on what hero they choose to pick. One of my favorite games was against 5 Winstons. We switched to Bastion, Reaper, and McCree and racked up the easy kills.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its " for babies" Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Does younGaf think this game is lamesauce ??

He buys COD every year though..
Should've shown him Reaper.

I decided to leave my darkly lit cave and ventured to the outside world yesterday. Was talking with my 16year old nephew and told him I played Overwatch a lot.

He scoffed at me and said that him and his friends would never touch it because its " for babies" Nothing I could say would convince him otherwise...

Does younGaf think this game is lamesauce ??

He buys COD every year though..
lol what the fuck is this

your nephew sucks man

Not too bad if I say so myself.

0SPTK4P.png

nothing worse than playing solo, picking mercy because obviously no one will pick a support, healing the team for 15k and keeping them alive through miraculous situations and of course still losing because people are terrible

Wanted to play today until I got to 1000 coins to buy the skin I wanted. First loot box unlocked had 500 coins!

It's finally mine:
Funny story, three of my five legendary skin unlocks have been Ra, Sunyatta, and Ra (again).

I should probably use him more, because the game is trying to tell me something.

Cocaloch

The more you play as a character, the more points your earn, hence the rank is basically determined by time played.

The first part of your statement is obvious, but people are also clearly getting score at different rates. Time is one thing affecting it, but it's not the only factor.

Funny story, three of my five legendary skin unlocks have been Ra, Sunyatta, and Ra (again).

I should probably use him more, because the game is trying to tell me something.

Dang, lucky you.

He's the hero that clicked with me the most. Combined with a tank, his survivability as a support becomes superb.

Has it been said if there will be hero stacking in competitive? I don't want to go in and see 6 torbs all over the place.

Edit: I'm on console, so this is a big deal.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I really think the loot boxes are sort of rigged so that on average you're getting one legendary or the amount of coins to get a legendary skin every 10-15 boxes.

Because as I approach 100 I've opened up about 10 legendaries and I got my first legendary at level 19 I think? But i've gotten a few back to back ones, so on average it's been pretty close to 10 levels = something big.

Had a random Zenyatta on our team who started bitching at us but didn't heal anyone outside of using Transcendence to save himself

OK

When playing as him it's pretty annoying when team mates are half way across the map, tucked in a corner behind 4 buildings, spamming the heal request and expecting you to somehow immediately be there to throw a harmony orb.

nOoblet16

Are there any PC players in here playing regularly? I'm playing on the American servers and I only have like 3 friends on my friendlist. :(
Majority here play on PC, although I think even among them most are EU based so if you wanna play with us you'll have to change the region of battle.net since you can't even add people outside of region unless you change it. Although be prepared for 100-150ms pings (more if you are based in West coast). Battle.net also maintains separate friendlist for region so if you log into the EU client you won't see any of your NA friends and if you log into your NA client you won't see any friends you added in EU...stupid stuff.

Speaking of Gaf versus Gaf, matchmaking actually smushed two gaf premeds together friday night. Thankfully it was far more fun than frustrating, and it was KOTH so no starting advantage.

Anyway, I saved the gameplay and put it up on youtube.
GAF V GAF - Overwatch Gameplay

Spoiler alert: GAF wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom