• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

aooh68v.jpg

Ugh needed 1 more exp for a loot case.

Got a Djinnyatta skin though, awesome! :D

I feel like in the last two days my friends and my MMR has skyrocketed. It used to be we'd lose maybe every third match, and at least half the wins were close. Now we lose basically every match handily and embarrassingly. It's kind of frustrating how much better everyone else (seems to have) suddenly become.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I feel like in the last two days my friends and my MMR has skyrocketed. It used to be we'd lose maybe every third match, and at least half the wins were close. Now we lose basically every match handily and embarrassingly. It's kind of frustrating how much better everyone else (seems to have) suddenly become.
Welcome

ygJxQ4q.jpg

I don't understand how people get that many kills. If you're steam rolling that much the game should be over pretty damn quick.

Probably from a KOTH match. A good overtime can go on for minutes at a time and it's easy to rack up eliminations while contesting.

R0ckman

Some of you are putting too much stock in the MMR match up mechanic, I think I mentioned this before but a dev popped into a thread on the official forums where someone was complaining about the matchmaking and the dev recommended grouping up as much as you can over solo because the game has a hard time sometimes and will sacrifice things like MMR for faster queues.

cHinzo

Welp lost every KOTH game today, just plain awful plays. Did win a lot of payload games though on both sides. Attack went surprisingly well.

abundant

Some of you are putting too much stock in the MMR match up mechanic, I think I mentioned this before but a dev popped into a thread on the official forums where someone was complaining about the matchmaking and the dev recommended grouping up as much as you can over solo because the game has a hard time sometimes and will sacrifice things like MMR for faster queues.

It's pretty obvious that MMR works best when in a group and that's because, with a group, you don't have to factor in things like team comp and coordination, leaving skill as the only determining factor.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Probably from a KOTH match. A good overtime can go on for minutes at a time and it's easy to rack up eliminations while contesting.

I was in that game. It was Fort Gibraltor and we got stuck as attackers at the 3rd objective point and their game was playing with great teamwork.

JustinBB7

Got the 20 teleporters achievement today. First point I only got 6. Second point I was like wait a minute. Why don't I just put it right outside spawn, then walk in myself quickly and build up ult again. And tadaaa 20 teleport achievement lol.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand how people get that many kills. If you're steam rolling that much the game should be over pretty damn quick.

Most of those high kills counts come from super long overtimes. Though in this case with 80% kill participation, doesn't seem like his team did much :p

Zemm

It's pretty obvious that MMR works best when in a group and that's because, with a group, you don't have to factor in things like team comp and coordination, leaving skill as the only determining factor.

Ha not some of the groups I've been in
1x

Sometimes people think they will just steamroll the other team just because they're in a group so pick poor heroes and think they can rambo it up. I guess they don't realise matchmaking puts together groups vs groups.

Not what was said at all....
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745144780#post-11
Personally i've seen that if my queue time is over 4 minutes long, the games usually play out very wonky.

Trickster

Mercy Lucio combo is so broken in pug games. Killing anyone on that team is nearly impossible

Also I think my last 7-8 lootboxes have been pure spray/icons. Seriously fix this unrewarding piece of shit system blizzard

Losing is never fun but losing against a Torbjorn stack is just miserable. Either you coordinate well enough as a team to find a way to break through it or you just get shredded the whole game. No back and forth.

I'm more of a casual player but I'll play competitive more if it prevents people stacking heroes.

Apt101

I got bored and went Bastion while talking on the phone and responding to random work e-mails - so for the most part playing with one hand: over 20 kills in each of my four matches. Wow, why? Why is this character in the game? Got me a new lootbox though. And many people suggested that I was a homosexual, in less kind words.

Pachimari

Majority here play on PC, although I think even among them most are EU based so if you wanna play with us you'll have to change the region of battle.net since you can't even add people outside of region unless you change it. Although be prepared for 100-150ms pings (more if you are based in West coast). Battle.net also maintains separate friendlist for region so if you log into the EU client you won't see any of your NA friends and if you log into your NA client you won't see any friends you added in EU...stupid stuff.

I'm based in Scandinavia, Europe. But I currently play on the American servers, because that's where my online buddies are playing. But I can play on both regions no problem. :)

PM me your info so we can play. I'll likely be on in about 3 or so hrs. Cheers!
I sent you a PM with my Battle.net id.

anyone down to play right now on pc? im on west coast, snack#1277.
What is your Battle.net id?

Mutual pms? Don't have a big circle of friends yet on pc.
Likewise, what is your Battle.net id?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Reaper's Ult is really annoying to fight.

Not saying it isn't fair. But I feel like it's definitely one of the strongest in the game. It being instant is what frustrates me, I think.

With so many heroes, you can hear a particular voice line and know to GTFO, but I often hear "DIE DIE DIE" as I'm in the process of dying by his hand.

Speely

Banned
I love this game, but here is my experience: I find a pub. Everyone has chosen Widow/Hanzo/Mei/McCree, regardless of the map. I choose either Lucio/Mercy or a Reinhardt, because the team obv needs both. We get rolled because I and MAYBE one other player are actually on the point. Redo.

Broke my top elims in a single game recently (only noticing on watcher.gg now). Used to be 51 (for both soldier and tracer actually) and I got up to 63 with tracer (rank 348 tied with like 50 people).

Reaper's Ult is really annoying to fight.

Not saying it isn't fair. But I feel like it's definitely one of the strongest in the game. It being instant is what frustrates me, I think.

With so many heroes, you can hear a particular voice line and know to GTFO, but I often hear "DIE DIE DIE" as I'm in the process of dying by his hand.

You should have enough time to at least shoot him once. If 2-3 people do that, he dies before anyone dies. It's really quite easy to counter imo, you just need to react really fast or have a short forewarning. Some reapers try to go in and it's really obvious too, damaging him even a little bit before hand makes him back off or die real quick during the ult.

Randoms get so bad at higher levels, man. Watching my team continuously run into sniper shots, go 1v6, or completely ignore me when I try to get them to group with me as Lucio is so irritating. You'd think people would understand the importance of team composition at this level, but nah, I'm still forced to go either healing or Reinhardt every time because someone has to get their shit in as an offensive Torbjorn/Symmetra or roll with 4 offensive characters on defense.

I personally only play with my friends--we usually have a group of 4-6.

I personally only play with my friends--we usually have a group of 4-6.

Yeah, I have about 60 people, from Gaf or randoms who I work well with, on my friends list. Every time I hop on I get some kind of invite or can request to group. It's a dream. Especially because my wait times for pubs shot up to about three minutes after a good winning streak and prestige.

Losing is never fun but losing against a Torbjorn stack is just miserable. Either you coordinate well enough as a team to find a way to break through it or you just get shredded the whole game. No back and forth.

I'm more of a casual player but I'll play competitive more if it prevents people stacking heroes.

I'm going to start bailing on Attack maps where there are more than one Torbjorn on defense. It's just not fun, especially in a pub game with no coordination. Even with coordination it's not fun.

Something needs to be done - I get that Torbjorn and his turrets fill a needed niche but there needs to be some sort of sligh adjustment just so the game stays fun.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Saw some people ask what was good against Symmetra and wanted to mention McCree. His flashbang deletes her turrets, you can pretty frequently just throw it through a door they commonly use and get a clump of 2-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom