• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleP29

Overwatch can be comical sometimes.

I tried zenyatta on hanamura attack the other day because in pubs its a sure loss so might as well try different charecters out. I get my ult up and wait at the choke point for my team to get back from the spawn. Spam that my ult is ready and to group up... look behind me see everyone's ready and use my ult to lead a push into the point... ult goes down and im shredded in seconds.

I watch the kill cam and i just see my dumb ass floating forward thinking my team would be following with me using the safety of the ult to destroy turrets and thin out their defenses to make a run at the point.... of course the better strategy for them was to just wait at the choke point and not take any advantage of my ult.

I just spent the rest of the game sitting back throwing discord and healing orbs as noone could come close enough to even contest the point.

thought we were going to lose on attack on numbani because we had a torbjorn.. last 60 seconds i was like let me blame torb for costing us the game. but i was like. no maybe he got some awesome idea. so game went into overtime. i had to kill off symmetra's teleporter. so i did. came up from behind and blasted her with a rocket. then ulted in front of lucio. rest of the group got on the payload. we maked it to the last checkpoint before the final one. had to kill off as many as we can before they start to group up. started picking them off. somehow we managed to take control and win the game. i guess they stopped trying then lol

Are... are they watching me? Am I on a list? Did I say something nasty about somebody at Blizzard?

Twice in a row now I've been matched into a game at the last second. Like, it literally pops up DEFEAT before I've been able to select a hero and spawn a single time.

KyleP29

I'm going to start bailing on Attack maps where there are more than one Torbjorn on defense. It's just not fun, especially in a pub game with no coordination. Even with coordination it's not fun.

Something needs to be done - I get that Torbjorn and his turrets fill a needed niche but there needs to be some sort of sligh adjustment just so the game stays fun.

Especially on console its just broken. The turrets aim much to quick at to far of a range to deal with 2+ turrets in an unorganized pub game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I do like the comedic moments in overwatch and both players from opposing sides acknowledge it.

Like one time Reinhardt's charge pinned my mei but junkrat's grenade launched us both charging into the stratosphere. A lot of comedic moments regarding Reinhardt's charge actually.

Or when one time when me and this junkrat traded ults twice. Like both our ults killed each other at the same time. So dumb.

Played in a team with a pre-made of 3, all Reinheardts wearing the same skin, they complained the whole game that somebody should be healer, they played Reinheardts the whole time and did nothing but complain

I do like the comedic moments in overwatch and both players from opposing sides acknowledge it.

Like one time Reinhardt's charge pinned my mei but junkrat's grenade launched us both charging into the stratosphere. A lot of comedic moments regarding Reinhardt's charge actually.

Or when one time when me and this junkrat traded ults twice. Like both our ults killed each other at the same time. So dumb.
One time, a Reinhardt tried to pin me, but he went too far and his charge ran out.

Myself and a few others actually saved a video of that match.

Antiwhippy

The more common one with reinhardt is when he would pin both of us falling off a cliff.

I always type in chat "worth it?" afterwards.

Canucked

Played in a team with a pre-made of 3, all Reinheardts wearing the same skin, they complained the whole game that somebody should be healer, they played Reinheardts the whole time and did nothing but complain

I like rein, but that's a lot of team range and mobility lost just to have three. I played with two once and half the time their shields were overlapping....

Vestal

One time, a Reinhardt tried to pin me, but he went too far and his charge ran out.

Myself and a few others actually saved a video of that match.

Thats an OH shit moment for sure.

"Charging at you.. GET READY TO DI..." Falls 2 feet short, Everyone looking at him... "I have made a terrible mistake"

I love this game, but here is my experience: I find a pub. Everyone has chosen Widow/Hanzo/Mei/McCree, regardless of the map. I choose either Lucio/Mercy or a Reinhardt, because the team obv needs both. We get rolled because I and MAYBE one other player are actually on the point. Redo.

Thats been my experience all day today. Im still having fun, but it does get really frustrating.

I like rein, but that's a lot of team range and mobility lost just to have three. I played with two once and half the time their shields were overlapping....

I love Reinhardt myself too, but the nerve of these 3 guys complaining there were no healers when all they did was play shitty Reindhardts that spawned and died all the time.

Competitive mode where are thou?!

Just had a really frustrating streak of losses, but then I got a legendary crate and Winston's safari skin in a loot box.

Winston must be the redeemer as I had an awful string of loses earlier and then went ape in Kings Row as Winston netting myself a PotG, three gold medals and 70% kill participation.

No safari here but I did at least buy myself the banana yellow skin in celebration.

I'm going to start bailing on Attack maps where there are more than one Torbjorn on defense. It's just not fun, especially in a pub game with no coordination. Even with coordination it's not fun.

Something needs to be done - I get that Torbjorn and his turrets fill a needed niche but there needs to be some sort of sligh adjustment just so the game stays fun.

You are going to get penalized fast. And its a life 75% less experience ban.

I got some internet disconections the other day in the morning and got the warning message.
I was pretty afraid of playing again becuase it was the internets fault, not me wanting to leave the game, most of the games I was thrown out our team was also winning.

Thats an OH shit moment for sure.

"Charging at you.. GET READY TO DI..." Falls 2 feet short, Everyone looking at him... "I have made a terrible mistake"
We were actually really far from the other teams when he stopped. I just used ice block so he couldn't follow up and he decided to leave me alone. Pretty sure he died shortly after.

Zomba13

Awwww shit :(

Got another legendary but it's the colour swap of Widow's Huntress. I already have Huntress (the black one) and much prefer it to the purple one.

Logically you could say Mei is a good choice to Rein crush because there wont be any Ice block shenanigans on the brink of death, but in actuality it's clear some folks just really want to mush her into a fine paste.

Meis seem to have gotten a lot better at freezing people from far away with the very edge of her spray. I couldn't even boost away fast enough as D.va. Wouldn't mind if there was a more distinct fall-off for the end of her spray.

Logically you could say Mei is a good choice to Rein crush because there wont be any Ice block shenanigans on the brink of death, but in actuality it's clear some folks just really want to mush her into a fine paste.
It's hilarious to use ice wall right before Reinhardt charges the point.

^Yeah, that guy knows.

It's hilarious to use ice wall right before Reinhardt charges the point.

^Yeah, that guy knows.

True, probably second to my personal preference that only works against lesser Reinhardts as Zenyatta where you deliberately stand in a chargeable position fully expecting it and basically just discord them as it starts, sidestep and eliminate them before they even finish the charge, it's like bullfighting.

When it comes to ice wall I'm very fond of hearing "It's hiiiigh noooon" and then just sticking a wall in front of McCree as he desperately tries to power strut around it in time.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Team doesn't pick tank

Team won't use me as a tank when I pick tank

Oh well

Don't waste your time picking Reinhardt with randos.

Zarya, Winston, and Roadhog are all great damage sponges that can wreck shit on their own. Reinhardt works best when people know to stay behind his shield.

Gryph

I'm in the valley and I could not imagine no AC. As for OW, did the console get a patch or no?

I couldn't either until I decided to turn it on yesterday and it didn't work...

I've got lucky timing I guess?

No console patch yet.

edgefusion

This doesn't happen. I've never even got temporarily healed by Mercy as Mei, let alone continuously boosted

I think generally there are a few heroes people just dislike, including Mei. I've noticed when the cards come up at the end of the match Mei never gets votes, neither do fan the hammer McCree's nor turret kill Torbjorns. How generally irritating and anti-fun those characters can be causes the community to see them differently.

I think generally there are a few heroes people just dislike, including Mei. I've noticed when the cards come up at the end of the match Mei never gets votes, neither do fan the hammer McCree's nor turret kill Torbjorns. How generally irritating and anti-fun those characters can be causes the community to see them differently.
My team loves me when I play Mei.

ramyeon

Reinhardts always go for me as Tracer. I've had quite a number of games where it felt like as soon as the Reinhardt saw me they would drop everything and go after me. Worked out in my advantage many times actually.

Antiwhippy

Reinhardts always go for me as Tracer. I've had quite a number of games where it felt like as soon as the Reinhardt saw me they would drop everything and go after me. Worked out in my advantage many times actually.

That's kind of the exact thing you want though isn't it?

Couple of times I have to type "Stop chasing that goddamn genji/tracer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom