• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

I have a health question.

What's the deal with regular health, armor, and shields.

Is one type more resistant to certain attacks?

Heath is health. Nothing special.

Shields is like health but it regenerates automatically.

Armor negates 5 points of damage from every attack, unless the attack does less than 10 damage, in which case it negates half of the damage. No regeneration.

I have a health question.

What's the deal with regular health, armor, and shields.

Is one type more resistant to certain attacks?

Regular health has nothing special about it.

If you're out of combat for a few seconds, your shields will regenerate.

Armor reduces incoming damage by 50% or 5, whichever is smaller, so it's very useful against fast hitting attacks, like Tracer's pistols or 76's rifle.

Son Of D

So today I learned that there are purple loots from this thread. I always thought that it was just white, blue and gold.

Then again they look the same to me because of colour blindness so it's a valid excuse for me.

Crescende

Banned
Fell in love with this game. Mei for president.

Slightly offtopic: Why did Titanfall recieve so much flak for not having single player campaign yet no one complained about both overwatch and R6 Siege.

Was it really just a console war thing back then?

Slightly offtopic: Why did Titanfall recieve so much flak for not having single player campaign yet no one complained about both overwatch and R6 Siege.

There was a whole thread dedicated to this on launch week.

Indignate

Because it was competing against CoD.

And being a full priced game didn't help.

Klyka

Banned

People bitched like crazy about Rainbow Six not having one.

Overwatch just gets a pass because it's an insanely well designed Blizzard game.
It didn't come with the "problems" of those other games.

I think the problem was TitanFall was that it did claim to have a campaign, which turned out to just be multiplayer with some voice overs. Overwatch made it clear it wouldn't have a campaign, so it's hard to get annoyed that it's lacking one.

Also Titanfall launched with a Season Pass, Overwatch did not.

People did there are threads for this topic and its various permutations already.

The problem with banning people for using the exploit is that it should be a perfectly legitimate strategy to put turrets under the bridge to catch flankers. It's not the fault of players that the geometry is warped so as to make it so that it actually shoots under the bridge rather than above as intended.

Rad-

Siege got probably even more flak than Titanfall.

I recall Titanfall having a campaign. It was pretty bad. It was more or less the MP with some story segments before and after the matches.

Canucked

Trying to gauge a little interest here. PS4 Overwatch GAF - This Saturday, I have absolutely, positively nothing required of me. I want to take advantage of this by doing nothing but play Overwatch.

What I'd like to do is create a rolling GAF Group ALL DAY. As people have to leave, more people can fill the spots. Ideally, we'd have a constant full or near-full group.

Mics would be ideal. We can create a PS Party Chat and just let people join up.

Casual play for the most part. We would still want to win. We can try out weird strategies, daydrunk goof games, tryhard lineups, whatever.

So yeah, anyone down for this? An all day GAF group?

I am completely up for it.

aeolist

Banned
everybody bitches about everything and people who like shit give it a pass

titanfall had detractors and fans, so did rainbow six, so does overwatch

if the reaction to these games appeared to be different it's because the size of those groups were different

Whales

Banned
The problem with banning people for using the exploit is that it should be a perfectly legitimate strategy to put turrets under the bridge to catch flankers. It's not the fault of players that the geometry is warped so as to make it so that it actually shoots under the bridge rather than above as intended.

people want to ban users who abuse that?

takes literally 1 sec to switch to pharah and destroy the sentries with 1 rocket..

GravyButt

Game should be coming in the mail today or tomorrow. What should I know about it ? Honestly bought it because of how awesome everyone on here said it was. Enlighten me some more. Tips maybe for a new player?? Thanks!

Grief.exe

People throw out weird arguments about their personal value proposition.

At the end of the day, it comes down to resources. Spending all of the development time, money, and manpower at purely multiplayer content doesn't reduce the games purchasing price. The development budget is the budget and it's up to the consumer to determine the personal value.

From my perspective, I would prefer a developer maximize the multiplayer aspect if that is their focus, rather than burning resources trying to check a box for a short sighted forum user.

Be me.
Soldier 76.
Sneaker up on Widowmaker from the side.
She has no idea I'm there.
Try to aim down sights for some reason.
Accidentally fire helix rockets at her.
Proceed to shoot like normal.
She dies.

Everything turned out okay. :D

The original Overwatch was 76, Reaper, Mercy, Pharah's mom, Genji, Tracer, Winston, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Mei, and McCree. There were probably others they just aren't playable. Tracer in particular was very young and has the time shenanigans which explains her. McCree also started pretty young and was Reaper's protege. The biggest age to appearance offender is really Mercy whose like 40 something and doesn't like a day over 25. There's actually a quip about it between her and Mei. Everyone else is basically a newcomer.

Fun fact Reaper was turned into a wannabe vampire edgelord in a failed experiment by Mercy. Mercy kind of has a Doctor Frakenstein thing going on. She botched the Reaper things and turned a near death Genji into a cyborg ninja without his consent. Apparently he was super bitter about it until he met Zenyatta.

Edit: Genji, Tracer, McCree, Mei, and maybe Winston came to the program later.

What universe / time is it suppose to be? I though it was random fantasy sci fi but Reinhardt loves David Hasselhoff.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Just ended a match against 3 symatra cheaters on PS4 which where using an exploit with their turrets behind a wall in Dorado, they looks to be proud too...

I hope Blizzard will do something against cheaters on console too.

Is that the gap in the wall under the bridge just before entering the enemy's base? If so.. that's funny because the streamer who made that exploit popular is the one currently featured in the Blizz launcher - Valkia.

Btw with a Reinhardt + a Mei you can easily disable those turrets. Her ice spray doesn't even need accurate aiming to wreck the little buggers. I'm not sure Pharah's rocket splash damage can reach them..

mbpm1

Be me.
Soldier 76.
Sneaker up on Widowmaker from the side.
She has no idea I'm there.
Try to aim down sights for some reason.
Accidentally fire helix rockets at her.
Proceed to shoot like normal.
She dies.

Everything turned out okay. :D
STOP PLAYING COD

jk

Trying to gauge a little interest here. PS4 Overwatch GAF - This Saturday, I have absolutely, positively nothing required of me. I want to take advantage of this by doing nothing but play Overwatch.

What I'd like to do is create a rolling GAF Group ALL DAY. As people have to leave, more people can fill the spots. Ideally, we'd have a constant full or near-full group.

Casual play for the most part. We would still want to win. We can try out weird strategies, daydrunk goof games, tryhard lineups, whatever.

Is a "daydrunk goof games" what i think/hope it is?

LiK

I really hate the 76 Sprint button is on the L1. I need to bind it to something else to make it feel more like another shooter.

We've had probably half a dozen threads on this topic.

But just to reiterate what's been said before.

Titanfall did have a "campaign" of sorts. The problem was that it sucked major butts. So the flak wasn't about not having one. With Rainbow Six I think it did have many people complaining about a campaign, considering I was one of them.

Titanfall also seemed to have a perception of lacking staying power with not enough support to sustain it long term. Now, with their promises and track record, Blizzard has admittedly gotten the benefit of the doubt. It's possible that faith could be unfounded, but only time will tell us that.

The other benefit Overwatch has is that people have been playing it for a long time now with all the extensive alphas and betas. In some ways, we've already seen what staying power it has.
people want to ban users who abuse that?

takes literally 1 sec to switch to pharah and destroy the sentries with 1 rocket..
Exactly. I mean sure, it'll kill you once if you run under it, but welcome to most experienced with Symmetra's turrets. They kill you once and then they're easy as hell to destroy with some splash damage.

I really hate the 76 Sprint button is on the L1. I need to bind it to something else to make it feel more like another shooter.

I'm afraid my controller is going out. My 76 stops sprinting all the time and I can't figure out why. Doesn't matter if I hold down L1 or just tap it to activate sprint.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CkhSWPqUoAAls_8.jpg

MajorMane

The original Overwatch was 76, Reaper, Mercy, Pharah's mom, Genji, Tracer, Winston, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Mei, and McCree. There were probably others they just aren't playable. Tracer in particular was very young and has the time shenanigans which explains her. McCree also started pretty young and was Reaper's protege. The biggest age to appearance offender is really Mercy whose like 40 something and doesn't like a day over 25. There's actually a quip about it between her and Mei. Everyone else is basically a newcomer.

Fun fact Reaper was turned into a wannabe vampire edgelord in a failed experiment by Mercy. Mercy kind of has a Doctor Frakenstein thing going on. She botched the Reaper things and turned a near death Genji into a cyborg ninja without his consent. Apparently he was super bitter about it until he met Zenyatta.

Edit: Genji, Tracer, McCree, Mei, and maybe Winston came to the program later.

Mercy is actually only like 37 according to her profile, being born only 7 years before the first Omnic Crisis. She came into Overwatch after they dealt with the Omnic Crisis, spearheading their medical research division. All in all, her aging is forgivable, I think. Given her affinity for medical research/experimentation, it's possible this also has a factor into it as Mei does make the comment that she hasn't aged a day. (Mei, conversely, also hasn't aged a day but that's due to cryostasis.)

MajorMane

Beg team to have one person switch to tank, get told I should switch to tank.

I'm healing.

YKvwnS4.gif

"Hey guys, someone should tank."

"WHY DON'T YOU TANK"

"Well, okay..." *switches to tank* "Okay, but now someone needs to support.

"WHY DON'T YOU SUPPORT"

It always happens.

Lesath

Beg team to have one person switch to tank, get told I should switch to tank.

I'm healing.

YKvwnS4.gif

"Someone play a tank or I stop playing support."

If nobody folds, then I practice my shitty Widowmaker because winning obviously isn't a concern for my teammates.

EDIT: You need to make this clear at the very beginning.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Switch to tank so they get no healing.
Two of our guys switched to tank, but by then it was too late and they already won. Lost Hollywood Defense in under four minutes. Best part was half the team would bail out as the enemy team pushed through every checkpoint and the people that joined in progress would completely ignore our pre-existing team comp and just try to be K/D hero.

I'd be in. As of right now only thing i got on Saturday is mowing the grass/little bit of yard clean up and that takes about an hour.

Truant

Having a weird bug where the entire image has this weird purple or blue filter over it. It goes away when I die and see a killcam, but returns as soon as I'm back in the game

Anyone else having this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom