• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife was playing a game yesterday with a Random in voice chat bitching at her team having a Hanzo on it.

That every game he plays there is always a worthless Hanzo on his team. Except for maybe 5% of the time, but he doubts this Hanzo is of the 5%.

He played a Tracer who didn't even get on the board with anything at the end of the game. They even successfully defended the first round of Numbani, but this guy kept bitching about their Hanzo their whole time.

It was the weirdest thing to me.

Also, PS4 needs an easier way to mute people.

Beg team to have one person switch to tank, get told I should switch to tank.

I'm healing.

YKvwnS4.gif

Switch to D.va, fly away and hunt the back line. Go for all their precious eliminations.

aeolist

Banned
if a team isn't picking supports or tanks you know it's already the kind of game where you'd get yelled at for asking

just go roadhog or soldier, someone who can self-sustain and get kills

i'm just glad i don't get pissed at losing most of the time since it's over so quickly

Canucked

My wife was playing a game yesterday with a Random in voice chat bitching at her team having a Hanzo on it.

That every game he plays there is always a worthless Hanzo on his team. Except for maybe 5% of the time, but he doubts this Hanzo is of the 5%.

He played a Tracer who didn't even get on the board with anything at the end of the game. They even successfully defended the first round of Numbani, but this guy kept bitching about their Hanzo their whole time.

It was the weirdest thing to me.

Also, PS4 needs an easier way to mute people.

That's all I ever encounter when people talk on PS4. If they're not chewing or breathing into their mics they are criticizing everyone's hero choices.

We all want a good team and sometimes people make poor choices but you also gotta keep your head in the game. Shut up.

Dreavus

I'm finding that when the other team is particularly skilled there is no room for just "whatever" picks. In most pub games just having a decent support and tank character is enough to get by, and everyone else can kind of do whatever they want, including multiple flankers, and it's fine. But in stacks it feels like every single person on your team needs to have their role including the need to run double support sometimes (which people generally don't favour doing).

When our 6 man is a fairly random assortment of folks from various friend lists, a few of which don't have mics, it's tough sometimes. Like the guy who really likes junkrat and just plays that. It's usually fine, junkrat is very versatile, but when the competition is at that level it may not be the best pick for the situation.

It's just interesting the level of competition we come across. Sometimes it's teams with a clear strategy that's really tough to break. We had a crazy defending opponent on route 66 who had this great set up that was absolutely pre-planned and really tough to break. Then other times it's a smattering of people who just grouped up for the group EXP and sort of play what they want, not unlike a pub sometimes. I have definitely fallen into both categories at different times depending on who is online at the time.

I'm guessing ranked mode will likely have an effect on this. I'd like to stick to ranked with a more organized team and unranked with the ad hoc group invites.

Raven117

Overwatch....where everyone thinks they are the best Offensive character.

Did have a PUG group that picked 5 Torb's and a widowmaker on Gibralter, defending.

Our opposing team never got out of their control room...poor team.

Canucked

Overwatch....where everyone thinks they are the best Offensive character.

Did have a PUG group that picked 5 Torb's and a widowmaker on Gibralter, defending.

Our opposing team never got out of their control room...poor team.

Someone's always gotta pick a widow

Firestorm

I'm finding that when the other team is particularly skilled there is no room for just "whatever" picks. In most pub games just having a decent support and tank character is enough to get by, and everyone else can kind of do whatever they want, including multiple flankers, and it's fine. But in stacks it feels like every single person on your team needs to have their role including the need to run double support sometimes (which people generally don't favour doing).

When our 6 man is a fairly random assortment of folks from various friend lists, a few of which don't have mics, it's tough sometimes. Like the guy who really likes junkrat and just plays that. It's usually fine, junkrat is very versatile, but when the competition is at that level it may not be the best pick for the situation.

It's just interesting the level of competition we come across. Sometimes it's teams with a clear strategy that's really tough to break. We had a crazy defending opponent on route 66 who had this great set up that was absolutely pre-planned and really tough to break. Then other times it's a smattering of people who just grouped up for the group EXP and sort of play what they want, not unlike a pub sometimes. I have definitely fallen into both categories at different times depending on who is online at the time.

I'm guessing ranked mode will likely have an effect on this. I'd like to stick to ranked with a more organized team and unranked with the ad hoc group invites.
HEY! I'm trying to learn DPS that isn't Junkrat! But yeah it's definitely getting to the point where you gotta learn decent comps at higher levels in premades. There are only so many characters I don't need to aim with though...

Truant

Having a weird bug where the entire image has this weird purple or blue filter over it. It goes away when I die and see a killcam, but returns as soon as I'm back in the game

Anyone else having this issue?

Sorry for the self quote, but I'm really desperate here. It's ruining the game.

Bladelaw

Is there anything more satisfying than dunking the enemy team into the well in Illios as Lucio? I need to know if I've peaked and just quit on a high note.

Zemm

I would love it if they removed Reinhardt from the game. He is 'no fun allowed' the character. Both teams with a Reinhardt is just Zzzzz.

Trying to gauge a little interest here. PS4 Overwatch GAF - This Saturday, I have absolutely, positively nothing required of me. I want to take advantage of this by doing nothing but play Overwatch.

What I'd like to do is create a rolling GAF Group ALL DAY. As people have to leave, more people can fill the spots. Ideally, we'd have a constant full or near-full group.

Mics would be ideal. We can create a PS Party Chat and just let people join up.

Casual play for the most part. We would still want to win. We can try out weird strategies, daydrunk goof games, tryhard lineups, whatever.

So yeah, anyone down for this? An all day GAF group?

I'd be down for this - I don't have much going on this Saturday either.

Dreavus

HEY! I'm trying to learn DPS that isn't Junkrat! But yeah it's definitely getting to the point where you gotta learn decent comps at higher levels in premades. There are only so many characters I don't need to aim with though...

Haha, I wasn't referring to you! It's from another group I play with, a newer guy who has taken to him has "his guy". Mostly it's fine like I said but sometimes the other team has this death squad line-up that needs countering.

I feel like most of our comps are quite good. We routinely try out double support and it's been good for us I think.

Is there anything more satisfying than dunking the enemy team into the well in Illios as Lucio? I need to know if I've peaked and just quit on a high note.

I prefer hooking from the other side with Roadhog and dragging them into the pit instead. Both are fun!

I would love it if they removed Reinhardt from the game. He is 'no fun allowed' the character. Both teams with a Reinhardt is just Zzzzz.

Boooo. I love going Reinhardt v. Reinhardt. Especially charging a blocking Reinhardt and taking him out of the main battle so the two of you duke it out by yourselves with hammers while the rest of your teams fight.

Sorry for the self quote, but I'm really desperate here. It's ruining the game.
I experience this every now and then (970 user) there is a big thread about it on the official forums, the bug is well documented with plenty of videos of it, last time I heard, a blue posted that they haven't been able to replicate the issue, go figure.

nOoblet16

What I wouldn't give for more people to understand how Mercy's Guardian Angel works.

Still feels to me like that only reliable counter to Widow is Widow. Other options bring a slew of flaws, especially poor D.Va.
Yea I believe so too. Like TF2 snipers taking out other snipers.

Reaper can take her out more easily because he only needs one headshot from up close and no matter how good of a widow maker you are you will get sneaked upon by a decent Reaper.

However, this also means losing DPS on point since Reaper ends up being dedicated to widowmaker duty and considering she will just come back after a few seconds it's better to have someone from your own base take her out constantly. But you need a good sniper against a good sniper, and if you don't then you'll have to resort to other methods.

Reinhardt when he isn't passive is so disruptive to a whole match. Dragging supports off into corner, blowing up wheels, earthshattering ult. There are definitely times where Reinhardt is just the sheild, but he's a solid intiater too. He might not be able to harass the way the other tanks can, but he's awesome.Both Zarya and Reinhardt can set up some big plays.

Alavard

This is the strangest opinion.

I honestly don't understand what you mean. If you mean his shield, it's easy to punish a Reinhardt that keeps his shield up too often. Pharah can fire from over it, Junkrat can lob shots over it and use his mine to push him out of position, and Bastion can tear his shields down in only a few seconds.

Danj

This is the strangest opinion.

I honestly don't understand what you mean. If you mean his shield, it's easy to punish a Reinhardt that keeps his shield up too often. Pharah can fire from over it, Junkrat can lob shots over it and use his mine to push him out of position, and Bastion can tear his shields down in only a few seconds.

Reinhardt & Bastion, payload movers since 2016.

darklin0

Banned
My favorite jerk move is to jump off the map on Nepal, hook someone and drag them down with me to our deaths.

I can only imagine their rage when they see the kill cam.
I love getting knocked off in Nepal as Roadhog. Turning around and hooking them to drag them with you is the best.

Zaventem

Yea I believe so too. Like TF2 snipers taking out other snipers.

Reaper can take her out more easily because he only needs one headshot from up close and no matter how good of a widow maker you are you will get sneaked upon by a decent Reaper.

However, this also means losing DPS on point since Reaper ends up being dedicated to widowmaker duty and considering she will just come back after a few seconds it's better to have someone from your own base take her out constantly. But you need a good sniper against a good sniper, and if you don't then you'll have to resort to other methods.

I just always found the "sneaky" reaper to not be a thing since he literally makes the loudest noise during teleportation and can be damaged while still spawning(like wtf, who's bright idea was this)

ExVicis

Beg team to have one person switch to tank, get told I should switch to tank.

I'm healing.

YKvwnS4.gif

Switch to Mei, tell them the Ice Wall will tank, put an Ice Wall in front of the guy who said that and don't let him do anything.

Or just leave the game I guess.

besada

Banned
I did a game today in Brawl where we all started the game as Zenyatta. It was pretty hilarious. We held the other team for a few minutes, but they eventually got past our line and ripped us up pretty good before we started cycling in new characters.

But seeing a line of six Zenyattas roll out of the HQ was great.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Reinhardt when he isn't passive is so disruptive to a whole match. Dragging supports off into corner, blowing up wheels, earthshattering ult. There are definitely times where Reinhardt is just the sheild, but he's a solid intiater too. He might not be able to harass the way the other tanks can, but he's awesome.Both Zarya and Reinhardt can set up some big plays.

My Best in Game is 18 eliminations, 3 earth shatter kills, and 5 charge kills.

the best part is if you get a good kill/harass streak going on, his shield recharges while you are engaging.

nOoblet16

I just always found the "sneaky" reaper to not be a thing since he literally makes the loudest noise during teleportation and can be damaged while still spawning(like wtf, who's bright idea was this)
Well that's why you don't teleport right next to the enemy or at a place which can be openly seen. Reapers can be extremely sneaky if you follow those two ideas.

I love Reinhardt and have lots of fun playing with him.

And playing with Mei.

And playing with Bastion.

And playing with Torbjorn.

And playing with Junkrat.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Someone's always gotta pick a widow

typical pub game...

first pick is widow or hanzo. second pick is widow. then they usually back out and pick soldier or reaper. then the third pick is usually widow.. and 50% of the time will stay as widow (90% if the first pick was hanzo)

at this point, I know it's going to be an L.

Is a "daydrunk goof games" what i think/hope it is?

I think so. Daydrinking will be a must this weekend, but not to worry, my ability to play Overwatch is actually magnified by the power of my BAC.

I'd be in. As of right now only thing i got on Saturday is mowing the grass/little bit of yard clean up and that takes about an hour.

Shoot me a friend request: The_Letdown.

What I'm picturing is just a rolling group. Come and go as you please and as spots are available. But something where, if someone were inclined, they could start playing in the morning and not stop until they crashed. Stretch breaks so you don't die, of course.

ExVicis

Jeez, everyone really is the "no fun" character for someone.

Here's a controversial question, Bastion is pretty weak as he is now. What's a good way to bu ff an improve Bastion? I had the crazy idea of giving him a right click when he walks around or faster mode switching, but idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom