• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
does Lucio in the well help capture/keep the point on Ilios?

Here's a controversial question, Bastion is pretty weak as he is now. What's a good way to bu ff an improve Bastion? I had the crazy idea of giving him a right click when he walks around or faster mode switching, but idk.

huh??? how is he pretty weak? outside of McCree RMB-spam he is the highest regular dps output in the game AND has a self heal. sure he can easily be countered.. but isn't that basically most characters (and the point of the game?)

Whales

Banned
remove tobjorn from the game

hes so fucking annoying

*destroys turret*
leave area for 5 secs to heal

MUH TURRIT
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU
*come back and see another turret, destroy it again and leave to heal*

MUH TURRIT, MY BABY
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

*Comes to destroy turret again*
MOLTEN CORE

rince and repeat all match long. Give him a cool down on turret building or make it cost scrap for fucks sake

Cocaloch

hes so fucking annoying

*destroys turret*

MUH TURRIT
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MUH TURRIT, MY BABY
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MOLTEN CORE

rince and repeat all match long. Give him a cool down on turret building or make it cost scrap for fucks sake

You should probably just kill him to stop that.

if a team isn't picking supports or tanks you know it's already the kind of game where you'd get yelled at for asking

just go roadhog or soldier, someone who can self-sustain and get kills

i'm just glad i don't get pissed at losing most of the time since it's over so quickly

Ha. I know if someone says we need a healer. I pretty much always say "I guess you better switch then huh?"

Nobody ever responds after that and not once have they switched.

hes so fucking annoying

*destroys turret*

MUH TURRIT
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MUH TURRIT, MY BABY
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MOLTEN CORE

Someone should be putting pressure on him while he is building, especially with splash damage attacks.

mbpm1

Here's a controversial question, Bastion is pretty weak as he is now. What's a good way to bu ff an improve Bastion? I had the crazy idea of giving him a right click when he walks around or faster mode switching, but idk.

Headshots now only hit in the back of the head.

I wouldn't do much with him tho tbh

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
"Something is killing me ;_;"

"Nerf it"

Everything is going to be nerfed at this rate. I have a feeling Blizzard is going to be their own worst enemy with Overwatch.

Heel

Is there a way to not break up a group and leave matchmaking together on PS4? Sometimes you want to go open loot boxes, but the game seems to break up a group when you try to leave after a match. Surely there's a way...

ExVicis

does Lucio in the well help capture/keep the point on Ilios?

huh??? how is he pretty weak? outside of McCree RMB-spam he is the highest regular dps output in the game AND has a self heal. sure he can easily be countered.. but isn't that basically most characters (and the point of the game?)

He's easily countered by everyone though. He's so goddamn huge and his only use gives him zero mobility.

"Guys we need a healer."

"LOLROFL why don't you be a healer."

"I'M THE ONLY TANK."

Also, playing as Tolbjorn on defence,

"Man no one was on the defence point. No wonder we lost."

"STFU YOU NEVER EVEN PUT TURRETS UP."

"...because they kept getting blown up, guy."

I've actually taken to straight up going on Matchwide Chat, and proclaiming to the enemy team "So our team refuses to roll a tank/healer. Figured I'd at least tell the enemy team, maybe it'll make someone actually do something." Actually kind of works.

hes so fucking annoying

*destroys turret*

MUH TURRIT
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MUH TURRIT, MY BABY
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MOLTEN CORE

Go for the man instead of the turret. His little legs make him take forever to get back to the defensive point. Trust me - as a Torbjorn with 15 wins and 3 losses, all those losses came from the opposing team targeting me first and the turret after.

Zaventem

hes so fucking annoying

*destroys turret*

MUH TURRIT
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MUH TURRIT, MY BABY
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MOLTEN CORE

No. When it used cost scrap previously he got to level 3 without molten core and it had 450 HP with much higher damage. I'll take it as it is currently.

nOoblet16

It's amazing just how many people used to say Bastion is OP as hell with 10s of pages full of that and how they should nerf him and how people won't play the game until he is needed.

Funny in hindsight considering people basically ignored the real OP heroes like McCree and Widowmaker.

LiK

Is there a way to not break up a group and leave matchmaking together on PS4? Sometimes you want to go open loot boxes, but the game seems to break up a group when you try to leave after a match. Surely there's a way...

there's no way and it's stupid. they need to fix this.

Widowmaker is more broken than mecree lol.

150 bodyshot damage

Insane charge up speed

Good escape

"Silent" Ultimate that persists after her death and has no counterplay to it.

Most games are centered around which team has the better widow

"Something is killing me ;_;"

"Nerf it"

Everything is going to be needed at this rate. I have a feeling Blizzard is going to be their own worst enemy with Overwatch.

Nah, they've been very measured at their nerf approaches. They're not just knee-jerk responses.

As is, the McCree changes are to bring him in line with what they envisioned for the character. They made it pretty clear that double Fan dropping any tank was not what they had envisioned.

It's amazing just how many people used to say Bastion is OP as hell with 10s of pages full of that and how they should nerf him and how people won't play the game until he is needed.

Funny in hindsight considering people basically ignored the real OP heroes like McCree and Widowmaker.

I think it's still people adjusting to the idea of switching characters on the fly mid-match. "Bastion OP I can't get anywhere near him eats through my shield plz nerf" Instead of just switching to someone else that easily gets behind him and going to town.

Whales

Banned
Go for the man instead of the turret. His little legs make him take forever to get back to the defensive point. Trust me - as a Torbjorn with 15 wins and 3 losses, all those losses came from the opposing team targeting me first and the turret after.

Hard to do when its basically a 2v1 ( turret and torb vs me)

then again its probably because I get crappy teams who never try to focus down the most important enemies ( healers, torbjorn, etc) and im stuck trying to do that alone

Alavard

Jeez, everyone really is the "no fun" character for someone.

Is Bastion really considered weak at the moment? I mean, I know he's a noobstomper, and easily shut down when focused on, but you can also counter that by not sitting in one place for too long. Get in, set up, do some good damage, and get the heck out. Torb's turrets are stationary, but you are not.

nOoblet16

No. When it used cost scrap previously he got to level 3 without molten core and it had 450 HP with much higher damage. I'll take it as it is currently.
I think they should still cost scraps to get to level 2...considering repair doesn't cost any scraps. Forces him to move further rather than just being next to t or in the general vicinity. Also gives a cool down on level 2 turrets that's longer than 6 seconds.

Klyka

Banned
Widowmaker is more broken than mecree lol.

150 bodyshot damage

Insane charge up speed

Good escape

"Silent" Ultimate that persists after her death and has no counterplay to it.

Most games are centered around which team has the better widow

Yep, Widowmaker is the center of any even matchup.

If their Widowm is better and better supported than yours,you will usually lose.

Zaventem

Nah, they've been very measured at their nerf approaches. They're not just knee-jerk responses.

As is, the McCree changes are to bring him in line with what they envisioned for the character. They made it pretty clear that double Fan dropping any tank was not what they had envisioned.

Sometimes i wonder if they actually test these in games or just makes changes on paper and wait for players to complain ( window previously had 170 damage a body shot, bastion shield mode, McCree no damage drop off, winston 1k bubble shield) all before the complaints.

Cynar

hes so fucking annoying

*destroys turret*

MUH TURRIT
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MUH TURRIT, MY BABY
I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR YOU

MOLTEN CORE

You should probably try him out before whining about a character. He does have a cool down on it.

nOoblet16

I don't think his walking speed is any slower than others just because of his height.

He probably walks at the same speed as a Hanzo or Widowmaker.

Mercy is actually only like 37 according to her profile, being born only 7 years before the first Omnic Crisis. She came into Overwatch after they dealt with the Omnic Crisis, spearheading their medical research division. All in all, her aging is forgivable, I think. Given her affinity for medical research/experimentation, it's possible this also has a factor into it as Mei does make the comment that she hasn't aged a day. (Mei, conversely, also hasn't aged a day but that's due to cryostasis.)

I don't think this is necessarily canon? There's some oblique hints hat have led to a fan theory that mercy is actually (un)dead and living off of medical machines, to explain her lack of aging.

Zaventem

I think they should still cost scraps to get to level 2...considering repair doesn't cost any scraps. Forces him to move further rather than just being next to t or in the general vicinity. Also gives a cool down on level 2 turrets that's longer than 6 seconds.

He already sees near zero play in competitive, all this will do is make him see zero play completely. I feel like Torb is the new bastion in regards to complaints.

Whales

Banned
You should probably try him out before whining about a character. He does have a cool down on it.

lol

first match I tried him out I got a 33 kill streak with him. His cooldown doesn't mean anything at all because it starts as soon as the turret is up instead of when it gets destroyed

What do you have to say now? Other people have been constructive telling me ''go to kill torb himself etc'' and all you bring up is this garbage. I'm not stupid

ExVicis

Is Bastion really considered weak at the moment? I mean, I know he's a noobstomper, and easily shut down when focused on, but you can also counter that by not sitting in one place for too long. Get in, set up, do some good damage, and get the heck out. Torb's turrets are stationary, but you are not.

In the case of the other counters, you can still beat your counters in an imagined encounter. Tracer can bait out a Flahbang, Genji can reflect everything that would probably have killed him, Roadhog could kill Reaper if his spread was lucky and he got a hook off, Tracer can throw bombs on Tor's turret or Tor himself and recall out of harm's way. There's counters but if you're really good it's possible to get around them when you find yourself in that unfavorable situation.

For Bastion though? If a Sniper has Bastion in their sights and can hit him, he's probably gone. If Roadhog hooked him, he's dead. If there's a Soldier who can spend any amount of time behind something that can keep him alive while shooting in bastion's general direction Bastion has no hope. Bastion is immobile 80% of the time, takes a decent amount of time to become mobile and all the while is probably about as big as a Tank without any of the benefits of being one. He needs something.

Not a HUGE something, he doesn't need to have a big health buff, just something minor so he doesn't crumble into Duplo Blocks the minute you're able to shoot at him for more than a second.

Remove every hero from the game besides Soldier 76.

Don't forget to add ADS and cover!

Skii

Man Reaper is so good. I almost always get POTG with him. It's just such an easy combo to warp behind everyone and do his ultimate. He's basically the perfect character for capturing the point maps. Reaper is pretty decent defensively as well. When defending, it's easy just to get in behind everyone, get a couple of kills before drifting away and then teleporting back into your area. Probably my favourite character now.

Any recommendations on who I should try next? I'm thinking Genji but I also need to try a new defensive hero.

Satch

Banned
last night i was playing junkrat and i just happened to look at the stat screen and i had gold in healing??? how did i do it? does anyone know?

Whales

Banned
Man Reaper is so good. I almost always get POTG with him. It's just such an easy combo to warp behind everyone and do his ultimate. He's basically the perfect character for capturing the point maps. Reaper is pretty decent defensively as well. When defending, it's easy just to get in behind everyone, get a couple of kills before drifting away and then teleporting back into your area. Probably my favourite character now.

Any recommendations on who I should try next? I'm thinking Genji but I also need to try a new defensive hero.

defense: junkrat is an easy mode char tbh, very easy to use

Genji is hard at first but once he clicks he's great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom