• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know I'm talking like I'm in another universe, but I was just thinking how perfect it would be had OW somehow released on the Vita.

It's not terribly demanding. It's well optimized. It doesn't have convoluted controls. It would pop beautifully on the colorful OLED. In a world where my stats were shared between devices; being able to play on my PC then have a portable counterpart on the road would be really awesome.

I mean - how many shitty FPSs have released on the Vita. Outside of Killzone, they all sucked. No software ever stuck with the system - it was either a B-tier side-developed game, or some no-name game by some no-name studio. Something like this would have been perfect, ya know, four or five years ago.

FiggyCal

Banned
We need to capture the point guys we don't need snipers
"My kdr is 4:1 noob"

Yep. Played a match earlier where I basically clutched the checkpoint with Zarya's ult in overtime. And I figured at least one of our two snipers would switch to support considering we had very little time left. But nope. That was too much to ask for.

I hate my teammates so much in this game.

They really gotta make it so you can interrupt Mercy's ult, the suicide bomb Mercy is really staring to get to me. They should also look at slowing down her charge time because it always seemed high when I was with one, but I played a koth with her last night and that shit flies up, I had ult like 20 seconds into the round every time.

Also had a game where some motherfucker was doing psychological warfare by talking shit about the best unit in Idolm@ster and saying Miku is the best. That's just fucked up.

They really gotta make it so you can interrupt Mercy's ult, the suicide bomb Mercy is really staring to get to me. They should also look at slowing down her charge time because it always seemed high when I was with one, but I played a koth with her last night and that shit flies up, I had ult like 20 seconds into the round every time.

If you kill her before it completes the animation it should cancel the resurrection and feed whoever killed each person another kill for their ultimate charges.

If you kill her before it completes the animation it should cancel the resurrection and feed whoever killed each person another kill for their ultimate charges.
You have to kill her like the millisecond it starts for it to stop. At the very least they should make it so if she dies during the rez everyone comes back with lower health so there's at least a punishment for using it poorly.

You have to kill her like the millisecond it starts for it to stop. At the very least they should make it so if she dies during the rez everyone comes back with lower health so there's at least a punishment for using it poorly.

Yeah the way it is now needs looking at. Some characters are kind of screwed if they get poorly revived but you can freely res Reaper/Tracer/Pharah for example since they can just book it if the situation is ugly and re-position.

Compare mercy's ult to other support ults... it is by far superior. Lucio has a wind up that can be countered and requires precise timing to get the benefit, and can still be played around because the barrier's diminish quickly. Zenyatta can be pushed or pulled away from his teammates and doesn't stop high damage burst + 1hks, plus since he doesn't have movement abilities he is more likely to be countered well before ulting. Symmetra's ult can be countered, is very loud when placed, and often very obvious where it's placed even if you don't hear the placement because every character goes "they have a teleporter!" and then you see symmetra walk out of a corridor.

Mercy has like an 8-10 second window after someone dies, making timing a lot easier. She has mobility and can soar to dead players, so getting there is easy. Hell, that part may be the thing that breaks it, because 1. it's just weird that mercy can fly to a spot the opponent cannot foresee and 2. it allows them to wait for a full wipe before flying in and reviving. It doesn't require line of sight and has a large radius (15m iirc) and on gibraltal the final defense spawn can be used to revive people and you can't do anything about that. It also can't be stopped once it starts. There used to be a wind up but now it's more of a moment of vulnerability after being used.

They've been far too generous with mercy imo. I think they overbuffed her.

Compare mercy's ult to other support ults... it is by far superior. Lucio has a wind up that can be countered and requires precise timing to get the benefit, and can still be played around because the barrier's diminish quickly. Zenyatta can be pushed or pulled away from his teammates and doesn't stop high damage burst + 1hks, plus since he doesn't have movement abilities he is more likely to be countered well before ulting. Symmetra's ult can be countered, is very loud when placed, and often very obvious where it's placed even if you don't hear the placement because every character goes "they have a teleporter!" and then you see symmetra walk out of a corridor.

Mercy has like an 8-10 second window after someone dies, making timing a lot easier. She has mobility and can soar to dead players, so getting there is easy. Hell, that part may be the thing that breaks it, because 1. it's just weird that mercy can fly to a spot the opponent cannot foresee and 2. it allows them to wait for a full wipe before flying in and reviving. It doesn't require line of sight and has a large radius (15m iirc) and on gibraltal the final defense spawn can be used to revive people and you can't do anything about that. It also can't be stopped once it starts. There used to be a wind up but now it's more of a moment of vulnerability after being used.

I think Mercy's ult just plain charges too fast, like 40% faster than it should.

It's hard enough getting people to play supports now. Nerfing any of them is unconscionable in my view. I actually think Zenyatta needs to be tuned to Mercy's/Lucio's level, and Ms. Satya could perhaps use a looking at too.

Edit: Unrelatedly, I just knocked an enemy Mei off a cliff as Lucio. He called down, "oh, oh, hang in there!" It was so hilarious to hear him quoting Mei, and despite all the hours I've played Lucio I'd never encountered that before. Blizzard drowned this game in polish.

Dragner

Yesterday I had the truly team victory, we were at Volskaya, and enemies were crushing us, we managed to barely take point A and we were not even close to touch point B. When 30 seconds remaining sounded. I clicked my lucio ult is charged message. All the other had theirs too. We rushed in. Dva explode her meka, I ulted to counter a bastion and soldier and our soldier ulted to counter bastion. Zenyatta trascended when heal was running out and as they were ulting and starting to killi us our Phara ulted and that was game. What a rush. All red cards with ridic stats and potg for them. You can take that. The salt on chat was the best prize.

My favorite Overwatch moment of all time just happened. I was on Volskaya defense as Mei, and decided I didn't want anyone to take the right side flank. So I built a wall and watched them fall. Three times I did it to a tracer. She was so salty. You'd think she'd learn after the first.

Davidion

Protect your fucking supports

Nobody ever protects the supports.

I'm in this weird feedback loop where I tend to do better as a support, and people often tend to not play support, so if i "do the right thing" I often get screwed on protection and don't get to practice the other classes enough.

This game, I tell you...

Zocano

I think Symmetra is in a really good spot, honestly. She has insane DPS and can charge her teleporter pretty quick if she's actually contributing to combat and not just sitting on her ass. I don't think she currently needs any adjustments.

Zenyatta is similar. While I would prefer they just completely change his mechanics (so you disperse multiple orbs at micromanage them to heal/debuff), I don't think he really needs any changes either. I would like him to be a bit faster though. And a bit more mobility as well. He already hovers, why not let him float like Mercy?

I do agree that Mercy's ult charges a bit too fast. Slow the charge by 10 or 15% for a start.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Got matched with some of the worst pub teammates tonight, people that would trickle in separately, stay away from me when I roll Lucio, chase Tracer around trying to kill her on a payload map. STAREDOG

XenoRaven

Got matched with some of the worst pub teammates tonight, people that would trickle in separately, stay away from me when I roll Lucio, chase Tracer around trying to kill her on a payload map. STAREDOG
I don't know what happened.

Maybe a bunch of kids got their dad Overwatch for Father's Day and they don't know how to play.

Cynar

It's hard enough getting people to play supports now. Nerfing any of them is unconscionable in my view. I actually think Zenyatta needs to be tuned to Mercy's/Lucio's level, and Ms. Satya could perhaps use a looking at too.

Edit: Unrelatedly, I just knocked an enemy Mei off a cliff as Lucio. He called down, "oh, oh, hang in there!" It was so hilarious to hear him quoting Mei, and despite all the hours I've played Lucio I'd never encountered that before. Blizzard drowned this game in polish.

Exactly this. Playing against a good team as Mercy can be a nightmare. More support buffs instead of nerfs I'll always agree with.

Dragner

I just refuse to play more mercy on pubs. Unless is needed. People dont know hoe to play with one, they are fighting I heal them and they run away leaving me death. Fuck that.

ISOM

I just refuse to play more mercy on pubs. Unless is needed. People dont know hoe to play with one, they are fighting I heal them and they run away leaving me death. Fuck that.

That's what your fly to option is for. All I ask for is that when I'm healing as Mercy in a big group that players look out for flankers who are trying to specifically kill me.

Kuro

Just played a match with an aimbotter on my team. He was using Hanzo and snapping to people's heads like crazy it was so obvious. Is the only thing I can do report him? Should I record video of this and use that instead?

peakish

Just played a match with an aimbotter on my team. He was using Hanzo and snapping to people's heads like crazy it was so obvious. Is the only thing I can do report him? Should I record video of this and use that instead?
Probably easiest from the ingame function since they'll immediately get their battlenet ID from it. A video can't hurt but IDK if they use those or other measures ... they apparently also look at other metrics as one would expect.

Reporting cheating in OW

Lucio is the only worthwhile support to run with the majority of pubs. You can take care of yourself far easier with him.

R0ckman

Also had a game where some motherfucker was doing psychological warfare by talking shit about the best unit in Idolm@ster and saying Miku is the best. That's just fucked up.

Yeah, charge time needs slow down. And there probably needs to be a timer lock on her ability after death, its kind of lame to kill her first then after you wipe her team she rushes out and suicide ults.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, charge time needs slow down. And there probably needs to be a timer lock on her ability after death, its kind of lame to kill her first then after you wipe her team she rushes out and suicide ults.

Eh, by then she would have spawned along with her teammates and the situation would be entirely different.

Dragner

That's what your fly to option is for. All I ask for is that when I'm healing as Mercy in a big group that players look out for flankers who are trying to specifically kill me.

Yeah I know I can fly but sometimes you cant. For example I start beaming a reaper guy from some range, he gets closer so my beam cut, I fly to him and as I am flying he wraiths away and Im fucked. Same with pharas, widowmakers and others with movility options. The funny thing is that they cant stop spamming the I need heal button. "Yeah,I know, Im trying".

Now I switched from my 50% winrate Mercy to a 80% winrate Lucio. FeelsGoodMan

Yeah, that is perhaps the biggest problem I have with mercy. You dilligently target her first and she is down. Meanwhile you're fighting a grueling battle against the rest of the team. Finally they are down, perhaps 1 is left up to slow progress. And then mercy comes in and revives everyone. Is it preventable? Sometimes. But personally I think it is still too strong. They should put a restriction on her ult. 1. you can't ult while in spawn protection and 2. you must be out of the spawn room for 5 seconds before ulting. Maybe even 3 seconds is sufficient.

I remember having the easiest POTG ever when I revived 5 people on numbani from flying out of spawn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Please nerf stupid ass McCree on consoles already. Just fought a dual comp that just crouched around corners flashbanging shit. :|

Spman2099

Nobody ever protects the supports.

I'm in this weird feedback loop where I tend to do better as a support, and people often tend to not play support, so if i "do the right thing" I often get screwed on protection and don't get to practice the other classes enough.

This game, I tell you...

I swear to God when I play support some of my team is trying to shake me. Like, they are doing their best get away from me...

On top of that, people seem allergic to trying to actually achieve mission objectives around half of the time (maybe it is just an intolerance of some kind?).

Oh, and if I am playing Zarya, and I announce that I have my ultimate ready, maybe don't blow your awesome heavy damage ultimate killing a single person before I can compact them all in a nice, tidy ball.

People in this game, man...

P.S. I don't always play smart or well, but I am always trying and thinking about the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom