• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

I always think I can do better, I try to improve, as mercy I was amazing at healing and assist, but didnt do anything at offence, last week I mansged to average 5 kills with mercy topping at 12 in one game. With Lucio I think Im doing poorly if I get less than 2 gold medals and 10 eliminations.

Trickster

With characters like McCree where you can 2-shot anything that isn't a tank, and even that isn't entirely limited. Soldier is fuckin fine.

Mcree is good in the hands of good players, but shit in the hands of bad players.

Soldier is good in the hands of any player. His normal weapon is much more forgiving, he has a self heal, and his ult is much much easier to use and doesn't leave him completely open to enemy fire.

Both are good, one is just much easier to use.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I do suicide res charges a lot and haven't seen it fail but good to know I guess.

The only time the LoS thing bugs me is the very end of Watchpoint Gibraltar. Since the spawn is under the final payload point I once got a triple res right as I respawned since the corpses can be right above you.

kromeo

McCree can stun you half way through the summoning mech animation :(
Either that or it's just the servers being extremely slow to react...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can't recommend this guide for Zarya enough.

Overwatch Central and Unit Lost YT channels have some pretty decent "how to" vids for each character. My usual routine is to watch their videos, then jump into practice mode to get a feel for a new character, before taking them for a spin in a vs. AI match.

Only after I feel confident that I'll be somewhat useful will I take them into Freeplay.

Wasn't aware that you could change the tank UI to the healer UI, guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow for Zarya.
So I am playing Overwatch on PC with my PlayStation-controller. I tried the keyboard and mouse but it just feels not good. The only reason why I am playing on PC is because all of my friends are there.

Anyway which heroes do you recommend me to play with on PC with my controller.

The ones that I have tried and worked pretty good: Mei, Mercy, Reinhardt, Lucio

The ones I tried and didn't work with a controller: Soldier 76, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Tracer

--
Do you guys have any recommendation of Heroes that will also be quite playable with a controller? (no I am not switching to keyboard and mouse)
Winston, symmetra.
Symmetra, Winston, D.Va, Reaper, and Junkrat don't require high precision to kill enemies. You will need to get up close though to kill anything for most of those heroes though. Stay in the back when playing Junkrat. When on Symmetra, let your turrets do most of the work and then go in up close with your primary fire when they're low on health.

Might also want to try Torbjorn. He requires some precision to kill enemies with his primary fire but he also has a turret that will do most of the work for you, is able to build armor for himself and the team, and his alt fire is a short range shotgun blast.

Kamion

My usual routine is to watch their videos, then jump into practice mode to get a feel for a new character, before taking them for a spin in a vs. AI match.

Only after I feel confident that I'll be somewhat useful will I take them into Freeplay.

Now I feel bad for taking new characters into Freeplay right away. I usually start with a character I already know how to play and if the team is complete shit and I know I won't be able to carry it anyway I just switch to a character I wanna learn.

Which is probably not the best mentality lol, but I feel like I learn characters best under pressure.

Dragner

Once competitive mode lands free play will be the test heroes mode for sure. The level will be lower and people will use it for trying goofy stuff that they wont do in competitive.

jeemer

I got the architect skin for symmetra, but damn I wish it was the goddess. might be my favourite skin but sym seems so level/team dependent that I dunno if I want to drop 1000 on it.

right at the last push of a map at the weekend, someone told me my symmetra was useless and to go lucio or mercy. As soon as the game ended (we won quite comfortably) I had around 20 sentry kills and 19 teleports :/

Had a pretty good night. Its always fun to be running solo and getting people on mic, though usually its because someone on the other team is getting mad, and this was no exception :p

I need to just start adding fun people like that, almost nobody chips in when I get on mic :(

I also need to just record entire games with obs, this is the 3rd time my replays got "corrupted" (camera bugs out, makes replay worthless), missed a great round of tracer plays :(

So I am playing Overwatch on PC with my PlayStation-controller. I tried the keyboard and mouse but it just feels not good. The only reason why I am playing on PC is because all of my friends are there.

Anyway which heroes do you recommend me to play with on PC with my controller.

The ones that I have tried and worked pretty good: Mei, Mercy, Reinhardt, Lucio

The ones I tried and didn't work with a controller: Soldier 76, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Tracer

--
Do you guys have any recommendation of Heroes that will also be quite playable with a controller? (no I am not switching to keyboard and mouse)
Winston, symmetra.

Try Junkrat, Winston and Torbjorn.

kromeo

urgh, every time i load the game up it launches in window mode so i need to keep setting it to full screen. anyone else getting this? how do i fix it?

If you hit play in the battlenet thing then open internet browser or something else while it's loading it automatically starts in windowed, guessing it's that?

urgh, every time i load the game up it launches in window mode so i need to keep setting it to full screen. anyone else getting this? how do i fix it?

It isn't ever time, but like one out of five times I open the game it goes into windowed mode and has to be adjusted. Similar thing happens when I minimize the game, it sometimes goes to a window when I click back to it and sometimes not. It seems really random as to why this is happening so I haven't been able to figure out why this is occurring.

fwpx

It isn't ever time, but like one out of five times I open the game it goes into windowed mode and has to be adjusted. Similar thing happens when I minimize the game, it sometimes goes to a window when I click back to it and sometimes not. It seems really random as to why this is happening so I haven't been able to figure out why this is occurring.

I have that problem too, but I also have a problem where sometimes it changes my Vsync setting to be 84, vs the 144 that i prefer with the monitor I have. Very annoying.

Bittercup

You can switch between fullscreen and widow mode with alt+enter. It doesn't fix the issue but is slightly less of a hassle than going to options every time.

I actually use this as a replacement for borderless window. Fullscreen runs smoother for me but to browse the internet during breaks/waiting I switch to widow mode since alt+tab would minimize the game instead of running in the background.

Azoor

I hope they restrict the number of heroes in competitive play, I don't want to see this again.

ClRR7sLUYAAW-iF.jpg

So, after putting in a couple more hours with Zenyatta, he's starting to click with me. It took me way too long to figure out that he can throw discord orbs without interuptting his left click, which is a game changer.

When you're simultaneously healing, debuffing, and doing lots of damage, you start to realize what makes him good.

I also realized that he doesn't have any footsteps, which lets you just float over and kill snipers sometimes, which is really funny. You can charge up your right click and kill a bastion pretty quickly too.

Overall, I feel like I've turned a corner with him, he's really fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hope they restrict the number of heroes in competitive play, I don't want to see this again.

ClRR7sLUYAAW-iF.jpg

I had to fight against an all Lucio team yesterday while I was attacking on Anubis.

That last point was damn annoying to cap, but we got it eventually lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom