• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Rein charged a DVa ult out of the cap so that my teammates could cap for the win. Felt good man.
While often unnecessary, it is definitely the coolest thing I see Reinhardts do. He's a mobile shield until the bitter end, and I salute it.

I hope they restrict the number of heroes in competitive play, I don't want to see this again.

ClRR7sLUYAAW-iF.jpg
I didn't even need to see the backdrop to know which map it was. I've been noticing lately that the attack teams like to switch to multiple Winstons in the final stretch there. It can be hard to deal with Winstons in that map due to how easily they can jump straight onto the point, there's lots of healthpacks all over the place, and plenty of elevation on all sides to hide behind.

I kind of enjoy fighting against gimmick teams though, as long as they aren't all-Windows or all-Torbjörns.

I hope they restrict the number of heroes in competitive play, I don't want to see this again.

ClRR7sLUYAAW-iF.jpg

Agreed. Character stacking should not be in competitive at all. Hell, I personally would love to see it removed from every aspect of the game aside from the weekly brawls. Blizzard's likely allowing it because they're scared to see the impact of no-stacking in public matches as rando's quit and rage because they werent the first to Hanzo or Genji.

jeemer

Blizzard's likely allowing it because they're scared to see the impact of no-stacking in public matches as rando's quit and rage because they werent the first to Hanzo or Genji.

Ugh, this is a worryingly good point. I went in a match yesterday (I'm level 22) and chose Tracer immediately. Then a level 30 person chooses Tracer. Ok, fair enough, I'll bow to experience. You go her and I'll switch to Genji. Then a level 12 guy enters and chooses Genji. Seriously? I sat on him for a few seconds in case the other guy would notice and switch, nope, change again for me.

I dunno if it would do any good, but if they're going to let people stack heroes, it'd maybe be nice if there was a larger, central warning on the team screen saying SOMEONE IN YOUR TEAM HAS ALREADY SELECTED THAT HERO. PLEASE CONSIDER SWITCHING. Or make them confirm y/n that they're aware but still want to double up on a hero.

Kamion

I love playing as Dva, but I feel like they need to buff her normal guns a bit. I mean, out of the mech her gun feels like it does more damage than the mech gun (probably because of the spread of the mech)

That or make her better for tanking the objective by making her shield last a bit longer. Right now she's all hit and run, I can cover the payload a bit then I'll fly away, kill a few people while I heal up (it's pubs so yeah no healer), or more like, I'll damage them a bit, because killing someone with Dva is kinda hard for me, and then return, rinse and repeat.

The occasional self destruct feels really good but yeah. Maybe I'm just playing her completely wrong.

I love playing as Dva, but I feel like they need to buff her normal guns a bit. I mean, out of the mech her gun feels like it does more damage than the mech gun (probably because of the spread of the mech)

That or make her better for tanking the objective by making her shield last a bit longer. Right now she's all hit and run, I can cover the payload a bit then I'll fly away, kill a few people while I heal up (it's pubs so yeah no healer) and then return, rinse and repeat.

The occasional self destruct feels really good.

According to Kaplan, her buff will come probably in her survivability/mobility department and not on her DPS/damage, she is meant to be played as as get in and out of the fray character, harassing snipers and destroying turrets, so she should survive longer against those turrets.

RemiLP

Torbjørn feels so OP in pubs on console. Have 78% wins with him, and im not a very good player...

Almost feels like i can hold a choke point by myself with him.

Kamion

According to Kaplan, her buff will come probably in her survivability/mobility department and not on her DPS/damage, she is meant to be played as as get in and out of the fray character, harassing snipers and destroying turrets, so she should survive longer against those turrets.

Well, I'd love a survivability buff too. That's how I play her currently, so this will help me immensely playing her. Either up her health/armor a bit or make her shield last slightly longer and I'm already a happy camper.
She's a tank, I don't mind her not killing stuff left and right.

Hex

Banned
I will say last night was the first time that I have ever experienced a slow down in the game, and it was only for the briefest of moments when all kinds of shit was going down.

I dunno if it would do any good, but if they're going to let people stack heroes, it'd maybe be nice if there was a larger, central warning on the team screen saying SOMEONE IN YOUR TEAM HAS ALREADY SELECTED THAT HERO. PLEASE CONSIDER SWITCHING. Or make them confirm y/n that they're aware but still want to double up on a hero.

The game will warn you that there are too many of the same character at 3+. It just doesn't do it for 2.

jeemer

According to Kaplan, her buff will come probably in her survivability/mobility department and not on her DPS/damage.

I'm loving D. Va as she is (instantly disliked the character, but damn she is fun to play as) - if she gets any buff I'll be delighted!!

The game will warn you that there are too many of the same character at 3+. It just doesn't do it for 2.

Really? Is it character specific or the generic "Too many X heroes" warning? I was in a game with 3 genji's and I don't remember seeing it.

I feel like it needs to stress that someone else is already that specific character. Part of me has to hope that some people are just choosing their character and not paying attention to who everyone else has gone, rather than actually thinking "oh, they've gone him/her too... fuck it."

urgh, every time i load the game up it launches in window mode so i need to keep setting it to full screen. anyone else getting this? how do i fix it?

Have exactly the same problem.
Im just used to it now, dont change it, and only play in window mode. At least like that I can browse the net while waiting for a match start.

Is the patch out for consoles too? I haven't noticed a difference in McCree's performance.

It wasn't out when I was playing yesterday night, at least.

McCree main here. Milking my last time with OP-McCree. I got six POTG's in a row yesterday, and gold medals for elims every one of those games. Enjoying it while it lasts ;b I got plenty of other mains too, so if the nerf makes him much worse, I'll be fine.

Pilgrimzero

Agreed. Character stacking should not be in competitive at all. Hell, I personally would love to see it removed from every aspect of the game aside from the weekly brawls. Blizzard's likely allowing it because they're scared to see the impact of no-stacking in public matches as rando's quit and rage because they werent the first to Hanzo or Genji.

Was a team with a chatty dude who said he always picks Genji or Reaper. He of course had a very "Reaper" ish name. I won't repeat what it actually was but it was the typical "Darklord" type thing.

Zemm

So I am playing Overwatch on PC with my PlayStation-controller. I tried the keyboard and mouse but it just feels not good. The only reason why I am playing on PC is because all of my friends are there.

Anyway which heroes do you recommend me to play with on PC with my controller.

The ones that I have tried and worked pretty good: Mei, Mercy, Reinhardt, Lucio

The ones I tried and didn't work with a controller: Soldier 76, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Tracer

--
Do you guys have any recommendation of Heroes that will also be quite playable with a controller? (no I am not switching to keyboard and mouse)
Winston, symmetra.

Torb or bastion probably but you should just use a mouse and keyboard and get used to them, you're limiting yourself to playing with only 2-4 heroes and you're holding your team back with whoever you play.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Renmyra

Really wish this game would stop putting me in unfinished games and just punish leavers way more harshly instead (or at least give me the option to decline). I had 3 games in a row where I basically instantly lost. It's not very fun.

Looking forward to competitive matchmaking...

That @slasher guy has pretty good sound quality to his commentary for using what looks like the standard earbuds/mic combo that come with an iPhone.

Violet_0

Banned
Ugh, this is a worryingly good point. I went in a match yesterday (I'm level 22) and chose Tracer immediately. Then a level 30 person chooses Tracer. Ok, fair enough, I'll bow to experience. You go her and I'll switch to Genji. Then a level 12 guy enters and chooses Genji. Seriously? I sat on him for a few seconds in case the other guy would notice and switch, nope, change again for me.

what makes you think that stacking characters weakens the team? You can take the best champion for every given situation and have multiple players use them

Played as 6 D.Vas in Attack on Anubis. 4 people group and the two randoms joined us. Destroyed the enemy team. It was pretty fun.

The best part was the next round where we were expecting the enemy team to do the exact same, but they went with 5 Winstons and a Lucio.

Meanwhile I was Bastion, and my Mercy damage buffing me, and we also had a Torbjorn.

There was so much death, it was insane. I racked up like 16,000 damage by just tearing into winston after winston.

After 3 failed attempts at a push, 3 of them switched to Genji, which caught us off guard and they took the first point of Anubis, but we kept them off of point 2 for the win.

Go figure the remaining two Winstons switched to Junkrat, so by the end, they had 3 Genji's 2 Junkrats, and a Lucio.

Basically, they never really got in.

LiK

The best part was the next round where we were expecting the enemy team to do the exact same, but they went with 5 Winstons and a Lucio.

Meanwhile I was Bastion, and my Mercy damage buffing me, and we also had a Torbjorn.

There was so much death, it was insane. I racked up like 16,000 damage by just tearing into winston after winston.

After 3 failed attempts at a push, 3 of them switched to Genji, which caught us off guard and they took the first point of Anubis, but we kept them off of point 2 for the win.

Go figure the remaining two Winstons switched to Junkrat, so by the end, they had 3 Genji's 2 Junkrats, and a Lucio.

Basically, they never really got in.

Oh yea, is Tea your wife? I love her :p

jeemer

what makes you think that stacking characters weakens the team? You can take the best champion for every given situation and have multiple players use them

I don't think anyone would say that a team is definitively weakened by stacking heroes, however I think it's important (particularly in the early life of the game) to strongly encourage variety and balance in teams, especially since it's only 6v6.

I don't think a lot of the people coming to this game from other non class-based fps will even necessarily understand the roles inherent in games like this (tanks/healers etc) and will instead gravitate towards the coolest looking characters.

Like I was saying, I don't even think it necessarily needs to be disallowed per se, but it would be nice if there was a more obvious warning than the generic "too many x" that actually makes you confirm that you're aware there's already a ________ in your team, but you want to go one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom