• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

lol

first match I tried him out I got a 33 kill streak with him. His cooldown doesn't mean anything at all because it starts as soon as the turret is up instead of when it gets destroyed

What do you have to say now? Other people have been constructive telling me ''go to kill torb himself etc'' and all you bring up is this garbage. I'm not stupid

Its really not hard dealing with Torb if he doesn't have Ultimate, if you have a D.Va player they can rush him with Defense Matrix and everyone else can provide support fire, of course at that close range D.Va is probably pretty effective by herself anyways.

ExVicis

last night i was playing junkrat and i just happened to look at the stat screen and i had gold in healing??? how did i do it? does anyone know?
uh Health Bombs? Although it might be you just were really good at picking up health packs and you had no healer/a bad healer.

8Jnp9Nt.png

Overhyped to get started.

Try out and get good at using McCree before he gets nerfed! Quick!

Hard to do when its basically a 2v1 ( turret and torb vs me)

then again its probably because I get crappy teams who never try to focus down the most important enemies ( healers, torbjorn, etc) and im stuck trying to do that alone

Yeah - to be fair, I'm an atypical Torbjorn because I don't stick to the same location as my turret. I move around and disrupt from other directions as much as possible.

Best way to harass a Torbjorn is go for him instead of the turret though - separating them is good because then he can't heal the turret's damage and you may force him to waste a Molten Core on protecting himself instead of using it in a tactically advantageous situation. If he Molten Cores and only takes you out that's a victory for you because a Molten Core that doesn't take out at least three people is a wasted ult from a Torbjorn perspective. Also nothing makes me more angry than to have to waste the ult as I'm running back after dying just to protect my turret's current defensive position.

Cocaloch

good torbjorns dont stay next to their turrets

they just shit out another one where ever they are once their first one goes down

I didn't say kill him if he is next to the turret... Honestly he is already one of the worst characters in the game. They can't do much more to him without making him worthless at anything but the lowest matchmaking level.

It's amazing just how many people used to say Bastion is OP as hell with 10s of pages full of that and how they should nerf him and how people won't play the game until he is needed.

Funny in hindsight considering people basically ignored the real OP heroes like McCree and Widowmaker.

I'm fairly sure that was mostly just two different groups of people.

Zaventem

lol

first match I tried him out I got a 33 kill streak with him. His cooldown doesn't mean anything at all because it starts as soon as the turret is up instead of when it gets destroyed

What do you have to say now? Other people have been constructive telling me ''go to kill torb himself etc'' and all you bring up is this garbage. I'm not stupid

"killstreaks in this game don't mean shit when it gets counted whenever the smallest amount of damage get landed on a character and taken out.

nelchaar

As a frequent Tornjorn player, the effectiveness and accuracy of his turret is absolutely ridiculous!

P.S: How do you deal with being pinned down by multiple turrets and bastions? Who is best at taking them out?

Yeah - to be fair, I'm an atypical Torbjorn because I don't stick to the same location as my turret. I move around and disrupt from other directions as much as possible.

Best way to harass a Torbjorn is go for him instead of the turret though - separating them is good because then he can't heal the turret's damage and you may force him to waste a Molten Core on protecting himself instead of using it in a tactically advantageous situation. If he Molten Cores and only takes you out that's a victory for you because a Molten Core that doesn't take out at least three people is a wasted ult from a Torbjorn perspective. Also nothing makes me more angry than to have to waste the ult as I'm running back after dying just to protect my turret's current defensive position.

Mobile Tjors are the best. Those are the ones people should be complaining about. His gun does some scary damage and his turret punishes you if you try to pursue him. Camping a turret is pretty easily disrupted and is getting easier as people have gotten some game time under their belt. Just like Bastion.

S76, for me, is one of those characters that I'm always just pretty OK with. I never have that round where I feel like I just went beast. It's always like, "Yeah, I was involved pretty solidly in that game."

mbpm1

As a frequent Tornjorn player, the effectiveness and accuracy of his turret is absolutely ridiculous!

P.S: How do you deal with being pinned down by multiple turrets and bastions? Who is best at taking them out?
D.Va

But you want a team to take out multiple turrets

I've had success blasting turrets with Pharah from a distance.

I've been getting better at it, after getting killed by his turrets multiple times. Mistake I always made was not watching my health, and launching myself up multiple times or hovering way too long to try to take it out, only for the turret to win the war of attrition. Better to take one run at it, eat the bullets and then heal up before jumping up to do it again.

Cynar

Multiple turrets require multiple players. D.va and pharah working together make short work of them. If they are positioned badly snipers can help but characters like junk rat and pharah are better at it. Also Reinhardt's shield lasts pretty good against torbjorn turret as well but is useless against bastion. That's why d.va with defense matrix is better for getting in and distracting.

MrBlonde

I did pretty good at this game the first week, now it seems people have gotten much better and I am the same, I only play a few hours a week and don't live on it, still a fun game though I just seem to bounce around with to many characters and cant seem to settle on a few I like.

Any tips on turrets? I have been having such issues lately especially if they are well placed, how do you take those damn things out before they kill you? They are so fast, strong and accurate, its driving me crazy!!

UCBooties

If you really care go read the wiki about the Overwatch organization itself. That should be enough to answer your questions.

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_(group)

I'm pretty sure a lot of the characters were not part of the Original Overwatch. A lot of them appear to be related somehow to the original Overwatch, or are people have been tapped by the Overwatch to come in now. (Or they're part of the amorphous force of bad guys that the Overwatch needs to be brought back to stop.)

As for why they're fighting, all that's super trivial. You certainly wouldn't have the "good" guys and "bad" guys on the same team if any of it actually mattered. I doubt they ever really get into a story for this very reason. There is that "fuck the red team" comic that encapsulates that all pretty well.

The original Overwatch was 76, Reaper, Mercy, Pharah's mom, Genji, Tracer, Winston, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, Mei, and McCree. There were probably others they just aren't playable. Tracer in particular was very young and has the time shenanigans which explains her. McCree also started pretty young and was Reaper's protege. The biggest age to appearance offender is really Mercy whose like 40 something and doesn't like a day over 25. There's actually a quip about it between her and Mei. Everyone else is basically a newcomer.

Fun fact Reaper was turned into a wannabe vampire edgelord in a failed experiment by Mercy. Mercy kind of has a Doctor Frakenstein thing going on. She botched the Reaper things and turned a near death Genji into a cyborg ninja without his consent. Apparently he was super bitter about it until he met Zenyatta.

Edit: Genji, Tracer, McCree, Mei, and maybe Winston came to the program later.

All good stuff. I hadn't seen anything but the animated shorts so thanks for posting this stuff.

Crescende

Banned

Want to know this too. Any tips are welcome. xbox one matchmaking is full of turrets stacking. I play with a full grp of friends and we are hovering at 59% winrate but we cant figure out how to beat overturret the game.

Junk spam is decent. But working together as a whole team is probably necessary.

ACE 1991

So how are you guys finding GAF groups on PC? I sit in the Discord server and ask to group up but no one seems to chat on their ever. Really looking to move away from solo queue! (Battle tag is Ace1991#11948 if you want to add me:) )

Apathy

Traps healing themselves off of health packs? Dunno.

I got an award for healing as junk for 3. That's not a typo, it said 3.

I don't think there is any damage so small that my take 3 damage off it and get healed by a health pack (if that even counts). I have zero idea what the hell happenend

abundant

Want to know this too. Any tips are welcome. xbox one matchmaking is full of turrets stacking. I play with a full grp of friends and we are hovering at 59% winrate but we cant figure out how to beat overturret the game.

D.Va's ult is one of the best way to take out multiple turrets, but it really only works if you coordinate a mass rush to go along with the ult.

D.Va takes the aggro. Hanzo/Widowmaker/Pharah do work. Add a second D.Va for heavy clusters. You can also let her fly in with Defense Matrix up, get as close as possible to suicide one.

McCree's single shot is effective for ranged damage. Zenyatta utterly destroys both turrets and Bastions, but you'll need to be sure your tank is keeping the bullets from coming your way more so than most.

Soma

haha i notice people are starting to wise up to symmetra's turrets lately

i need to start being a little bit more creative with my turret placement :)

spiritfox

After playing lots of Reinhardt in the last few days, I've grown to like that unstoppable juggernaut. He's just a powerhouse if you let him get close to you, plus Earthshatter is pretty amazing.

Also Bundswehr best Reinhardt skin.

peakish

Phew, better games today after a somewhat rough start in the brawl. From my limited sampling it seems like this brawl unfolds normally until a team hits a random good comp and starts dominating :p We somehow started with 3x Lucio on Gibraltar def, that worked out great.

Got lucky with the loot boxes and purchased some purple skins, I actually think a lot of them look better than the golden even if they aren't as fancy. Junkrat's charred skin is his best!

Shoutout to Rhaknar and crew who pushed through and broke my team's defense on Anubis!

eek5

I got an award for healing as junk for 3. That's not a typo, it said 3.

I don't think there is any damage so small that my take 3 damage off it and get healed by a health pack (if that even counts). I have zero idea what the hell happenend

A lot of explosions have dmg drop off and some weapons have drop offs that can get that low. If you dropped a trap on a health pack it could've healed for 3 pretty easily.

Thanks!

For some reason I'm not ranked :(

Is 19 games for a character not enough?

It's ranked off of score and they have an arbitrary cut off so you have to play a lot of a character to get ranked. It's a pretty meaningless stat.

Edwardo

I'm still having weird input lag problems when aiming on xbox one.

As I'm moving, i'll be aiming the right thumbstick and it feels like it's lagging a bit every 10-15 seconds or so. The reticle will stick for about a half second then jump to where I was aiming to. It almost feels like it does when your controller dies mid-game. How you lose control and it just pulls your aim in some weird direction. At times, I will have to press a button multiple times in order for the ability to work.

I tried a couple other games, and everything seemed fine. I also tried multiple controllers and still have the problem. I reset my router as well.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom