• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finally considering giving in and getting overwatch.

Is this one of those games that's only worth getting on the PC or is it as fun to play on the PS4 as well? I usually get PC when I can, but I need to upgrade first and I don't have the funds. Are there any major problems with the PS4 version I should know about?

Works great on PS4. No issues. Huge community, and same support as PC.

PS4 population has taken a nosedive lately. Long queue times and often matched into half full teams about to lose..bring on new content.

I don't know what you're talking about, but on PS4 in Europe the average queue times for me have been maybe 10 seconds. And I'm rarely matched into half full teams about to lose.

Hyun Sai

Last week-end I found matches solo under 10 seconds, so yeah no problem on my end either, and God knows I live in some lost area...

Who attacks like that though? Even up close skirmishes on tight koth maps are usually split enough that it doesn't work that way.

Also Winston might be able to move out of dva's range but any good dva will know that you just dash in again and you're immediately back in range. There's a reason why her dash is on such a short cd.

D.Va stacks attack like that. At least the ones I've seen.

They'll all boost/swarm into the A capture zone, which is usually a pretty tight/small area, which means Winston should be hitting multiples of them at a time.

finding matches is easy. trying to be in a group has been dreadful.

Lik, you are always welcome in my parties. :D

Well today was really quite enjoyable with little to no salt seeping from me for a change even in the struggle games, one of which had me triple gold with Zenyatta with a whopping 3 kills being one of them, yep this team couldn't handle turret town and were bested by their solitary support but it was still kinda funny to play.

Never mind that though, I got my favourite Play of the Game so far as Winston where I snuck up behind a single file line of enemies squatting behind the bus in the first half of Numbani and Tesla tickled them to death while they span around in circles in confusion, netted a triple kill plus a fourth once I chased down the fleeing widowmaker seconds later.
Cracked me up as Mercy flies in from nowhere just to instantly die as they attempt resurrection (which oddly didn't seem to actually work, I swear that one is damn near instant even if you take 'em out)

In conclusion Winston is becoming one of my boys with the right circumstances, so stealthy simian with ape ambushes, ook, ook.

I just want to see Symmetra's shield skill reworked or removed completely and replaced with something else. It's by far the most boring skill in the game, which makes it even worse when the skill itself isn't that great.

Hey now, that extra bit of shield is my jam when I'm using ol' Zenny bot, I will always give a mighty "thanks".

Dragner

Just recover from my unfair 30s game lose to a 30s game win, came out the gate, got 4 elim, pushed an ulted Winston out a ledge and when they were about to win I ulted for the win. FeelsGoodMan, someday I will learn how to aim properly and be actually good.

So we had been doing very poorly in this match, managed to captured A with 30 seconds left and then were just getting abused trying to get to B. With 25 seconds left on the clock we hadn't even touched the objective when this happened. 25 seconds to go, Zarya ult, my ult, team kill, vitcory. Zarya winning the game (though I got PotG). Just glorious.

27191408703_7a6292a0b3_o.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
D.Va stacks attack like that. At least the ones I've seen.

They'll all boost/swarm into the A capture zone, which is usually a pretty tight/small area, which means Winston should be hitting multiples of them at a time.

The dva stacks I've played in there's always 2-3 dvas skirmishing and flanking around the corridors because that's how you play dva. Having every dva swarm to one point just sounds like a stack from people who don't play dva and only did it for the laffs.

Any GAFers who play on PS4 and need group buddies - my info is in the OT spreadsheet. Feel free to add me/invite me to group games and what-not. I'm shy so I don't go around adding people or inviting myself but if I'm online and playing Overwatch and not already in a group I'll be glad to join up and strategize to make games more fun for people!

The dva stacks I've played in there's always 2-3 dvas skirmishing and flanking around the corridors because that's how you play dva. Having every dva swarm to one point just sounds like a stack from people who don't play dva and only did it for the laffs.

Ahh, that explains the discrepancies then. Damn anecdotes. :p

I've only seen 3 D.Va stacks in 600ish games, and they all just swarmed straight to the point.

I'm on PS4 myself, though.

Saw a Zarya thrown out a Gravity Well over the actual Well on Ilios this morning.

It was the most beautiful/heartbreaking thing I've ever seen. She pulled in 4 people with it, and our Reaper tried to float out of it, but the float caused him to just fall to death, so I was laughing my ass off.

I kinda of wish they reduced the amount of noise reapers teleport makes. Makes it difficult to sneak up on bastion and snipers.

As someone who has played as Bastion a lot, I've never actually heard a reaper teleport behind me, I just know the footsteps. Try teleporting further away and crouch walking close enough to bastion for the kill.

Antiwhippy

Ahh, that explains the discrepancies then. Damn anecdotes. :p

I've only seen 3 D.Va stacks in 600ish games, and they all just swarmed straight to the point.

I'm on PS4 myself, though.

I mean, i think most stacks are mostly done for laughs and often have a lot of people who don't know how to play that character. The ones I've been on are usually done as a way to blow off some steam and just play a ridiculous game.

Nah, Winston's gun just tickles her through all that armor, and he can't crit her either. DVa is one of the best counters to Winston actually.
Pfft. About 25 hours as Winston. Not any of them spent worrying about a D.Va. She is most decidedly not "one of the best counters" to Gorilla Grod. Bastion (!!!), Reaper, Reinhardt and Roadhog are the characters I nope the fuck out for when I'm a great ape. They're on Winston's DO NOT SOLO ENGAGE list. McCree and Mei are situationally risky as well. But D.Va?

rNeXhAp.gif

Heng

Works great on PS4. No issues. Huge community, and same support as PC.
I've seen some people use mouse + keyboard for CoD on PS4, does it also work in OW? It would seem like a huge advantage over those who are playing with the gamepad. Has anyone run into someone who may have been using this set up?

Rizzi

I am finally considering giving in and getting overwatch.

Is this one of those games that's only worth getting on the PC or is it as fun to play on the PS4 as well? I usually get PC when I can, but I need to upgrade first and I don't have the funds. Are there any major problems with the PS4 version I should know about?

The PC version runs pretty damned well on older hardware, so you might be okay on that front.

Reaper is a genius. Try to be sneaky and get behind people, and yell out FROM THE SHADOWS!!!!

Reminds me of a friend I used to play Halo 2 with who would start going "yaaaaaaaAAAAAAAH!" whenever he was about to get a melee hit from behind in local multiplayer, as you may expect this became his undoing.

Antiwhippy

Pfft. About 25 hours as Winston. Not any of them spent worrying about a D.Va. She is most decidedly not "one of the best counters" to Gorilla Grod. Bastion (!!!), Reaper, Reinhardt and Roadhog are the characters I nope the fuck out for when I'm a great ape. They're on Winston's DO NOT SOLO ENGAGE list. McCree and Mei are situationally risky as well. But D.Va?

rNeXhAp.gif

And after 18 hours of dvas i can tell you that i eat gorillas for breakfast. I surgically chase them down because i know that they can barely damage me.

They don't taste great but what can you do.

wamberz1

rNeXhAp.gif

When I see bastion as winston I just walk straight back to spawn and switch to roadhog. Worst matchup in the game imo.

After trying him several times and never having it click, played my best Reaper game ever on Dorado Attack. That Hanzo must have been so pissed when I just kept finding his sneaky little sniper points and blowing him away time after time. Probably helped that I lucked into a team that was good at pushing the objective while I was sneaking around mercing fools and taking out key defenses. It's kinda cool to play Overwatch as a stealth game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hit prestige today, sitting at 104 now. About 93 hours according to the stats page.

After trying him several times and never having it click, played my best Reaper game ever on Dorado Attack. That Hanzo must have been so pissed when I just kept finding his sneaky little sniper points and blowing him away time after time. Probably helped that I lucked into a team that was good at pushing the objective while I was sneaking around mercing fools and taking out key defenses. It's kinda cool to play Overwatch as a stealth game.

I finally had a good Reaper game on Nepal KOTH where I got Gold for eliminations and snuck around the enemy line and got a 3-kill and 4-kill ult in both rounds to secure the objective towards the end of the countdown. It was pretty satisfying to finally get a grasp on how to approach and murderize with him after about 10 games of floundering.

Ooof, I've got a 13% win rate with Reinhardt. Either I suck with him or I always pick him when I have bad teammates. At least I have Zarya and Winston at 57-58%, so that's nice. Ranked 3,435 as Roadhog. Feels good man.

Zemm

Mercy's that switch to widowmaker when they have a full charged ultimate have a special place reserved for them in hell. If you want to play widowmaker, pick it from the start you twat.

Alucrid

Banned

rNeXhAp.gif

And after 18 hours of dvas i can tell you that i eat gorillas for breakfast. I surgically chase them down because i know that they can barely damage me.

They don't taste great but what can you do.

ya'll need to 1v1 this shit

I'm feeling like Ilios is the worst map in the game. It's far too difficult for the point to be recaptured, there's no reason to play any support but Lucio, large portions of the map aren't even used. It's just a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom