• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

so...this just happened

Screenshot-Original.png

one less achievement to worry about

redhot_

Took a break over the weekend, now I'm slowly seeing 2 or more torbs creep into every mode on console. People wising up to our shitty aiming layout or what ever you want to call it. This experience is on a decline.

Durden77

Chill, he's coming out this month in SFV

next month

next year

w/e

Sometimes I wish Overwatch and SF5 were just the same game and it alternated between the 2 on every other match.

Whoa, me too.

EDIT: Seriously, I was thinking of that earlier today.

I want more melee-based fighters. Either someone like a Boxer or a Fencer that can do a rush punch/lunge forward kindish move.

It'd be an awesome addition. The closest we have right now is Genji and he doesn't cut it. Cut it.

Man, just had two epic KOTH matches in a row. First one was on Lijiang Tower where we lost the first point at 99%, and the second point went back and forth at 99% for around five minutes before we finally clinched it in a nailbiter, then the third we managed to get the point and keep it fairly easily and beat them 100% to like 30%ish.

Second KOTH was on Nepal and I played Junkrat on the first round and it was another 99%-99% showdown where we eked out a victory. Then in the second round two other players both also switched to Junkrat and we just steamrolled. Traps, grenades, and Rip-Tires everywhere!

Man, this game can be so much fun when it's an equally skilled group of people actually playing and attempting team balance on KOTH maps. I'm going to look back at this post when I get stuck on Attack on a payload mission with Hanzo and Widowmaker later tonight. Remember the good times.

You're playing it wrong :) What you're supposed to do is to peak around a corner. Do a quick peak, fire, go back behind cover, repeat. The turret will only get like one shot on you, which is barely any health done at all. This also works on Bastions. Good Pharahs and Widows are my biggest fears when I play Bastion (Genji is easy-mode when you just wait out his deflect).
Well you're not wrong, I keep thinking that the vertical vantage point will help and possibly be out of range in some cases.
Evidentially I've been wrong on this approach.

Sometimes I wish Overwatch and SF5 were just the same game and it alternated between the 2 on every other match..

No more disc juggling for me, I can get behind this.

Astral

Man I just got back into the game after a week of not being able to play it and I am garbage now. Nothing but bronze medals .

diablopath

Neo Member
Any PS4 players here?

Please I am desperate to play with organized people.

I am 27 and would like to play with people in the similar age group. Most importantly I want to play with people who can work together so that it is more fun.

PSN name is same as this account name.

Ramirez

Any PS4 players here?

Please I am desperate to play with organized people.

I am 27 and would like to play with people in the similar age group. Most importantly I want to play with people who can work together so that it is more fun.

PSN name is same as this account name.

TJ-Ramirez

I play every night usually.

Zemm

Everyone thinks they're amazing with Mei but they're always absolute dogshit. Walling in the same teams healer so he gets killed but Mei can get away, blocking your own teams ults and rushes. Yet to see one that is actually an asset rather than just shite.

ps: fuck mei players. have had two ults blocked and been trapped in rooms as a healer tonight.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Everyone thinks they're amazing with Mei but they're always absolute dogshit. Walling in the same teams healer so he gets killed but Mei can get away, blocking your own teams ults and rushes. Yet to see one that is actually an asset rather than just shite.

I managed to turn my W/L ratio with her from like 40% to 54% so I like to think I'm ok with her. Or at least getting better.. >_> <_<

I think what separates good meis from the bad ones are the ones who know where to ice wall. The ones that just wall off the entire teams aren't that great. The ones that know to separate the main attacking force from the mercy, zen and hanzo doing their stuff at the back does things better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
X has chosen Zarya
Team goes to point and sets up Defenses
Match begins in 5 seconds
X has switched fro McCree(was Zarya)

I fucking hate this game

Zemm

Yeah too many panic wall to save themselves and end up killing the healer or tank or something, or block McCree's ult. All have happened tonight.

Satch

Banned
So, I just got out of a game with this Widowmaker who was complaining that we didn't have a support, and when I told him to pick one, he got mad and said he knows Widowmaker and can get kills with Widow and he doesn't know how to play support and it would be bad for him to play it. Like he was pissed that I would even dare to imply that he should take such a risk.

If I can help teach you guys one thing it's that Lucio is easy enough to play for you to just randomly select him and run around in circles with the heal on and still be a contributor. There's nothing special about it. Just don't die. You don't even have to shoot at people. Just press the healing boost button and survive.

i hope that helps

Antiwhippy

Yeah too many panic wall to save themselves and end up killing the healer or tank or something, or block McCree's ult. All have happened tonight.

Yeah if I hear that my teammate is doing their ult I destroy my wall immediately just in case. Too many meis don't know they can destroy it prematurely.

Blues1990

ps: fuck mei players. have had two ults blocked and been trapped in rooms as a healer tonight.

Like with any character, a good Mei player is a great asset to any team. But I agree, it's aggravating when you have players that will solely play as Mei to make it their god damn birthright to heckle the team they are assigned to. But as someone who loves to play as Mei (A.K.A. NOT to cause grief, but to actually use her to her strengths) it's disheartening when people will send me death threats (it has happened) and tell me to go hang myself, just because I'm playing as her.

I know how to properly play as Mei, and I actually got POTG when playing as her, but it's getting to the point where I can't play as Mei without everyone screaming at me when I haven't done anything wrong.

ramyeon

The vitriol and hate towards heroes people don't like and those who use them is kind of disgusting in this community, and even this thread.

Seems like I can't get enough of this game, though it can be annoying trying to work together with randoms without the luck of the draw. Who on here is playing on PC as we should group up.

there is no hero more fun to play to me than Tracer. she's like cocaine.

That game wasn't fair with 4 of my team a Tracer. We just zipped around so much.

--

ALSO COME ON MAN.

Second gold/legendary skin and it is a duplicate for Pharaoh. Also bs that duplicate gold/legendary only nets you 200 gold.

I know how to properly play as Mei, and I actually got POTG when playing as her, but it's getting to the point where I can't play as Mei without everyone screaming at me when I haven't done anything wrong.
It's a good thing Blizzard has given every Mei the perfect voice line for this behavior, then...

XenoRaven

If you see XenoRaven on the enemy team, pick Reinhardt and just shoulder charge or ult wherever. He will be transported to your location so that he will be hit by your attack. It doesn't even matter if you can see him or not. Just press the button and get a free kill.

Blues1990

Eh, the only salt I get are from the opposing team. Which is kinda what you want right?

Unfortunately, I get it on both sides, but more so with the team that I''m on. I'm considering with sticking to Lucio for now on, as I can't play as either Mei or Zarya without people getting to me.

It's a good thing Blizzard has given every Mei the perfect voice line for this behavior, then...

Huh? What do you mean by that?

Antiwhippy

Unfortunately, I get it on both sides, but more so with the team that I''m on. I'm considering with sticking to Lucio for now on, as I can't play as either Mei or Zarya without people getting to me.

Wait, why are people hating on zarya?

Also yeah, I don't get any hate playing as mei from my teams so far, but maybe because australian servers are more chill?

Huh? What do you mean by that?
Her sarcastic "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry" is the response my friend gives everyone whining about his Mei. That or "Hang in there!", "Hey, chill out~!" or "You have to let it go..." It's like Blizzard knew Mei would piss everyone off at some point.

Trickster

Fuck people in this game. I get called out for using widowmaker for litterally a minute right at the end of a game. A game where everyone on my team played like shit ( myself included ), I had gold in elims with only 7 for the whole game ( 3 of which was the widowmaker ... ). We had no healer. Our tank was a winston against a bastion and tjorbjorn. And I get called out for using widowmaker?

You better fucking believe I pointed out some shit to these plebs. And to no ones surprise, it turned out that they couldn't handle the truth very well

woolley

Like with any character, a good Mei player is a great asset to any team. But I agree, it's aggravating when you have players that will solely play as Mei to make it their god damn birthright to heckle the team they are assigned to. But as someone who loves to play as Mei (A.K.A. NOT to cause grief, but to actually use her to her strengths) it's disheartening when people will send me death threats (it has happened) and tell me to go hang myself, just because I'm playing as her.

That's bullshit, where is my hate mail? I play as Mei all the time.

V-Faction

That nervous feeling when it's Defense on Gibraltar and everyone is going Torbjorn and it is my debut match as Mercy. Ha ha... ha..

Time to look up some gameplay.

So I'm really bad at shooters, but I'm having a lot of fun here.

My aiming is really bad (especially since I'm on console :( ) so I stick with support, mostly Lucio with a bit of Mercy. Though I really wanna use Winston since his weapon is auto-aim but I'm having a lot of issue on knowing what to do exactly to do to help my team. Any tips for him? I try to stick with my team and activating the barrier if necessary, but I don't feel like I'm contributing much outside that.

Mei is the glue the holds the team together. Especially if your team is defending. Her support does wonders if you're playing her right, and honestly shes not hard to play.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

Shes my best character, I never do any of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom