• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

So looking at the Overwatch Funko POP!, one thing I noticed is that HOT TOPIC only sells the Reaper Funko.

... It's like poetry.

Edit: Damn you page top.

cakely

For anyone new still whining about Bastion:

CkeJcWrWUAAKPZC

The bird with a straw and mug is a nice touch.

Poetaster

Banned
Argh so many fucking disconnects from the server. Might be on my end but now I feel so unsatisfied.

Oh well.
Don't think it's on your end. I've gotten like three battle.net disconnects in the last 45 minutes on ps4.

Edit: Real fucking nice. Now I'm seeing a warning about a penalty for leaving matches early because of these stupid disconnects.

Nioret

This low tick rate is the biggest nerf to tracer. Can't tell you how many times I've had third person deaths, watching myself die to something I thought I dodged last second.

And try having your shots land against a panic-jumping opponent.

Just had an epic pub KOTH match where two out of the 3 games went to 99% overtime on both sides and it was an all out brawl. We lost, but it was fun as hell. 20 eliminations and 16 objective kills with Zenyatta and didn't get a medal for either - that's how many bodies were falling.

vaderise

It's amazing just how many people used to say Bastion is OP as hell with 10s of pages full of that and how they should nerf him and how people won't play the game until he is needed.

Funny in hindsight considering people basically ignored the real OP heroes like McCree and Widowmaker.

People with higher levels are rarely picking up Bastion anymore. I'm at level 45 and i see him in 2 or 3 times out of 10 defense teams. He's too easy to counter.

I guess I'm an alright Zenyatta ranked at #3,157 compared to all my other heroes that are 15,000+. I don't know that seems good maybe I'm just really bad on everyone else and just okay with Zen.

BigDug13

People with higher levels are rarely picking up Bastion anymore. I'm at level 45 and i see him in 2 or 3 times out of 10 defense teams. He's too easy to counter.

He's good to change to every once in awhile if the opposing team has already been built without bastion counters. Catch people off guard.

Trickster

I guess I'm an alright Zenyatta ranked at #3,157 compared to all my other heroes that are 15,000+. I don't know that seems good maybe I'm just really bad on everyone else and just okay with Zen.

Isn't it based pretty much entire on how much you play a character though?

Afaik, you could be the worlds best at a character, but if someone has played the character twice the amount you have, you're gonna be ranked below that person pretty much no matter what.

Skii

Yeah I'm already feeling at level 17 that Bastion is getting countered so easily. Teams are always running 2-3 Bastion counters and systematically target him. That's why I need a new defensive hero lol.

JimmyJones

Banned
Why don't they change the character select portraits to the legendary skins if you have them? The portrait when the game starts has the legendary skin, but not when you're selecting your character. Just a minor thing I noticed. I want people to see my sweet skins.

Just found out I'm ranked #158 Tolbjorn lol.

There's jokes about No Skill, but honestly, knowing the right place to put turrets is a skill on it's own.

Ranked #446 Reinherdt as well. Guess these are my two mains lol

Klyka

Banned
I think the last time I actively chose Bastion was when an enemy team went 6 winstons and we took two Bastions to completely demolish them.

chur

Anyone having connection issues? It took me multiple tries to log in. Once I got in a match people were dropping like flies. I thought it was rage quits at first but it was happening to both teams. Finally I got kicked as well. On PS4.

abundant

Checking masteroverwatch and the longest time played is 207 hours. I mean, WTF. The game has only been out for 16 days and someone has been playing for over half that time.

Poetaster

Banned
Anyone having connection issues? It took me multiple tries to log in. Once I got in a match people were dropping like flies. I thought it was rage quits at first but it was happening to both teams. Finally I got kicked as well. On PS4.
Yup.

Edit: And two more since I posted this.

Don't think it's on your end. I've gotten like three battle.net disconnects in the last 45 minutes on ps4.

Edit: Real fucking nice. Now I'm seeing a warning about a penalty for leaving matches early because of these stupid disconnects.

Owensboro

Checking masteroverwatch and the longest time played is 207 hours. I mean, WTF. The game has only been out for 16 days and someone has been playing for over half that time.

Could be a shared computer. I know when TF2 came out my computer was in use 24/7 because people would come in and play when I wasn't there. It was really neat to have all these awesome stats as characters I never played (sniper, spy).

Isn't it based pretty much entire on how much you play a character though?

Afaik, you could be the worlds best at a character, but if someone has played the character twice the amount you have, you're gonna be ranked below that person pretty much no matter what.

I'm talking about points per second not overall score. I really don't know if that's good measuring tool either though.

nOoblet16

I didn't say kill him if he is next to the turret... Honestly he is already one of the worst characters in the game. They can't do much more to him without making him worthless at anything but the lowest matchmaking level.

I'm fairly sure that was mostly just two different groups of people.

Never implied otherwise.

Mystery Heroes is a great time waster, good way to practice new heroes and I'd really like it to stay. Today I've discovered the joys of Zenyetta, I probably wouldn't have give him a proper look if I hadn't been forced to.

I feel like it should be a KOTH only mode though. Payload is often a steamroll.

Mystery Heroes is a great time waster, good way to practice new heroes and I'd really like it to stay. Today I've discovered the joys of Zenyetta, I probably wouldn't have give him a proper look if I hadn't been forced to.

I feel like it should be a KOTH only mode though. Payload is often a steamroll.

It's not KOTH only? Huh. Every time I've played it so far I've gotten a KOTH map so I thought that was on purpose.

Dreavus

My head cannon for these two has always been the little borb being the pilot controlling Bastion. Aviator cap & all.

When Torb asks "Can I take a look at your little robot?" in pre-game I thought he was talking to bastion's bird. Absolutely zero respect for robots from that dude.

I think he was actually talking to Mei but it's better more insulting this way lol.

As a frequent Tornjorn player, the effectiveness and accuracy of his turret is absolutely ridiculous!

P.S: How do you deal with being pinned down by multiple turrets and bastions? Who is best at taking them out?

As many have pointed out you kind of need teamwork at hand to take on more than one turret if you are dealing with good bastions or tjorns. Most combo of a tank and offense/defensive character can get the job done. I also find a sniper can do it, if you are playing with bad bastions or tjorns you can pretty much do it solo. As a Hanzo player i find scatter shot is great for damage or banking it off walls to weaken them, then Poke in for the finish. If they are good i try to use the sonic arrow to sort of call out tjorn/ bastion turrets that teammate can't see or often overlook. If you have a healer or tank backing you can do some damage with hanzo.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Just found out I'm ranked #158 Tolbjorn lol.

There's jokes about No Skill, but honestly, knowing the right place to put turrets is a skill on it's own.

Ranked #446 Reinherdt as well. Guess these are my two mains lol

this is why I don't play torbjorn or symmetra.. in theory they can be saviors of the game. but you have to understand LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

symmetra I'm on the verge of giving more time with.. especially on defense. I have some really nice thoughts on initial choke points for her that I want to give a try.

torb to me always came off as a little more difficult being you can only put his on the ground, and you have to keep it somewhere where it has line of site, but not super obvious. I mean your best bet seems to be to line it up behind the initial defense hold so its attacks get blended in with the rest of the team.

I had a clutch save earlier as Lucio where a D.Va launched her nuke bot at me and two of my teammates. I got my ult right as it started to blow up. "Let's break it down!" Nuke exploded a millisecond after the shields went up. Saved all three of us and got the Supersonic trophy.

I wish this kind of stuff ended up on POTG - that's what I'd like recognized as awesome gameplay over kills.

darklin0

Banned
I had a clutch save earlier as Lucio where a D.Va launched her nuke bot at me and two of my teammates. I got my ult right as it started to blow up. "Let's break it down!" Nuke exploded a millisecond after the shields went up. Saved all three of us and got the Supersonic trophy.

I wish this kind of stuff ended up on POTG - that's what I'd like recognized as awesome gameplay over kills.
12 hours as Lucío and not one of my game saving Qs have made it to PotG. I cry myself to sleep every night.

Poetaster

Banned
12 hours as Lucío and not one of my he saving Qs have made it to PotG. I cry myself to sleep every night.
All but one of my Lucio POTG has been knocking multiple people off of the map, that's your best bet at getting it with him. So close to being number one on PlayStation for most environmental kills now.

darklin0

Banned
In 25 hours of playtime I've seen one Lucio POTG :|
I've seen couple but it is always environmental kills.
All but one of my Lucio POTG has been knocking multiple people off of the map. That's your best bet at getting it with him.
Yep. I just want my mad wall riding skills on the payload to get PotG. The amount of times I have pushed or held the payload in overtime for a win is ludicrous. No recognition at all. ):

It's so hard to get a PotG with him, which is a damn shame because he along with Zenyatta has the best highlight intros.
Winston is another I struggle to get PotG with and I do very well with him. I even got the highlight intro for him and I never get to see it. ]:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom