• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

All but one of my Lucio POTG has been knocking multiple people off of the map, that's your best bet at getting it with him. So close to being number one on PlayStation for most environmental kills now.

It's funny to me how ridiculously high it weighs environmental multikills for the POTG. A single double kill off the side of Ilios or something is almost guaranteed to make it. Not only that but when I got one at the start of a long session with friends, that clip was still in my highlights at the end of the night. And I'd had quite a few huge teamwipe plays as Zarya.

BigDug13

They need to tweak that. If you use Lucio ultimate to prevent your team from dying to a reaper or junkrat ult, you should have a shot at POTG.

Also, glad I double dipped on PC since PS4 is having login/disconnect issues.

Poetaster

Banned
I've seen couple but it is always environmental kills.

Yep. I just want my mad wall riding skills on the payload to get PotG. The amount of times I have pushed or held the payload in overtime for a win is ludicrous. No recognition at all. ):
Seriously. We fort holding Lucios don't get enough love.

darklin0

Banned
They need to tweak that. If you use Lucio ultimate to prevent your team from dying to a reaper or junkrat ult, you should have a shot at POTG.

Also, glad I double dipped on PC since PS4 is having login/disconnect issues.
Double the loot box disappointment. :D

Poetaster

Banned
It's funny to me how ridiculously high it weighs environmental multikills for the POTG. A single double kill off the side of Ilios or something is almost guaranteed to make it. Not only that but when I got one at the start of a long session with friends, that clip was still in my highlights at the end of the night. And I'd had quite a few huge teamwipe plays as Zarya.
I get them on defense on Dorado just by waiting by that far left door and knocking unsuspecting opponents off as they waltz out that door. Those poor poor fools.

I think my Tracer is cursed. Mostly use her on KOTH and my objective kills are always gold, usually with gold eliminations (95% are objective kills) so I'm definitely in the mix and contributing but her win rate is dreadful (5th from the bottom). What am I doing wrong? Is she bad on KOTH or something?

kagamin

Every time in public games, I get gold in objective time. I feel like no one is helping me or they're just throwing themselves at the enemy one by one.

eek5

For sure. But some clutch uses of his ult would be nice once in a while.

How is that any different than a reaper hitting Q though? I would prefer moving away from QOTG rather than add other people's Q's to the mix.

As appreciated as Lucio's ult is, especially when timed well, it's not very exciting to watch.

MajorMane

I mean it's great and all but I don't want to watch a PoV of a lucio wall riding around the payload for 7 seconds as the POTG lol

Yeah, but throw in the five enemy players trying to shoot you down while your'e surviving and that's at least more interesting. Even though 9 times out of 10, your team's too slow to arrive and provide you support before you die.

Environmental kills as Lucio are still the most satisfying thing.

Whales

Banned
plz help gaf, I asked this earlier but I still need more help

Raindancer or Thunderbird for pharah?

or maybe wait till they show off new skins...

hard choices...

Poetaster

Banned
How is that any different than a reaper hitting Q though? I would prefer moving away from QOTG rather than add other people's Q's to the mix.
Like when we are about to lose and Lucio saves the day with his ult and the team squeaks out the win is all I'm saying. I see Mercy get it for the same situation from time to time. Why not Lucio?

eek5

Like when we are about to lose and Lucio saves the day with his ult and the team squeaks out the win is all I'm saying. I see Mercy get it for the same situation from time to time. Why not Lucio?

TBH I don't want to watch Mercy revive 3 people either...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

As appreciated as Lucio's ult is, especially when timed well, it's not very exciting to watch.

some of it though you wonder how much an algorithm could really cover? Yes I am sick of seeing every QOTG. But we had one QOTG where it really was, THE play of the game. a 5+ minute over time with ults going off non-stop, and a sneaky reaper who got behind the opposing team undetected to get a team kill leading to an uncontested objective followed by a quick victory. I mean that is the EXACT sort of thing that should be POTG.

Mechaqueen with the barrage highlight intro.

GOAT

this is mine. not the best in game, but definitely best of pharah.

my top highlights are:

devil mercy with the swinging and the gun
nevermore reaper with the swirly
like all of zenyatas
lucio as a dj
probably all of widow's

I mean it's great and all but I don't want to watch a PoV of a lucio wall riding around the payload for 7 seconds as the POTG lol

What's next? Watching a Torb work on a turret in first person?

Edit: I know bad Torb PotGs occur. Should have marked as /s sorry.

psyfi

Banned
Seriously, I do that multiple times per match and never get any glory. :(

Unless I'm playing with a team, then there's usually a chorus of "OH FUCK, thank you." :)

eek5

some of it though you wonder how much an algorithm could really cover? Yes I am sick of seeing every QOTG. But we had one QOTG where it really was, THE play of the game. a 5+ minute over time with ults going off non-stop, and a sneaky reaper who got behind the opposing team undetected to get a team kill leading to an uncontested objective followed by a quick victory. I mean that is the EXACT sort of thing that should be POTG.

Without someone actually watching the game and manually picking a clip that was really play of the game, I doubt anyone will ever be satisfied. Just enjoy POTG for what it is: time that you can take a bio break or get a drink without getting booted for inactivity

i'd get that one but I don't like the face painting they give her with it, looks weird

also some of my friends told me it looks like ''plastic'' and its kinda true lol

That's a plus, in my opinion. She looks like an old Transformer toy. The one where she slams her fist on the ground is the best with that combo.

I love Junebug D.Va. The one where she's chilling upside down and blows a bubble while shooting a peace sign is awesome. Especially since it shows when you get POTG and she has this look like she doesn't even care.

ExVicis

I have to say, when you work out ahead of time that everyone is fucking around and just picking bullshit to play as, game's are surprisingly fun. If I think we're trying and I'm giving my all and everyone is fucking around then, of course I'm upset. But if it's established first, great! Then i can fuck around too.

People still standing outside the objective in OT and a team who held 32% of the point comes back to win it...................

I'll take Salty flavor, please.

Voorhees

Just enjoy POTG for what it is: time that you can take a bio break or get a drink without getting booted for inactivity

Seriously, having to take a piss while playing in a party is a serious gamble. Especially if you should be happening to drink while playing.

Is the Q of the Game more of a PC thing?

On PS4 the PotG is usually a double/triple kill. Ults show up, by I'd say maybe half the time.

I've personally gotten them as 76 all the time with just a Pair of Doubles or a Triple.

Finally got to sub 1k Rank with a 61% win ratio. Hopefully try to keep it that way while I work on my sad Tracer.
RbWC0hG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom