• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time playing McCree in forever.

He's slow as hell but he has quite the firepower!

Edit: Welp, he's my least-played hero:

PWKlyBu.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I meant Reinhardt "cheese", like a team having 3 Reinhardts on a payload all defending a Bastion and a Torb, or something.

I've seen double Rein comps but never against them so I don't know how to deal. I'm thinking Junkrat and Pharah maybe.

LiK

This quote from reddit:

As a huge fan of Dota, it's dead-on. Valve seems deathly afraid to say anything because of "bad communication" but they need to realize there is a right way to do it.
he's also done a better job than Bungie with Destiny. DeeJ sucked ass

I've seen double Rein comps but never against them so I don't know how to deal. I'm thinking Junkrat and Pharah maybe.

The only ideas I have are Symmetra spamming alt-fire, and Mei/Hanzo/DVA ults. You're kind of fucked when they go triple Reinhardt when you're trying to defend the 2nd point on Anubis.

I just HAD to buy these skins for my two most played heroes:

Hy5THXp.png
eTY3lAz.png

Do i need to say that i love them??

I've never seen these skins before, what the hell?

Curious, do those names like chacal translate directly to the English names? Chacal=junkrat?

I have no idea what a junkrat is, actually ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Chacal in French means jackal, it's also slang for a sly and opportunistic person

mbpm1

I meant Reinhardt "cheese", like a team having 3 Reinhardts on a payload all defending a Bastion and a Torb, or something.

I'm guessing flankers to get inside their range, disruptors to move them away (junkrat, maybe roadhog), reinhardts of your own to protect who they can, and maybe shieldbreakers of your own (bastion/high damage characters).

Maybe snipers if they can get behind/above them too alongside the rest of the above

NeoRaider

Ya Posh skin is the best, I got lucky and it was my first and only Tracer skin I've unlocked.

I waited so long for it and just said fuck i am buying it rn. lol
I got green and blue skins in loot boxes but they are both meh and basic.

I usually get skins for the heroes i don't care about tho. :(

This quote from reddit:

As a huge fan of Dota, it's dead-on. Valve seems deathly afraid to say anything because of "bad communication" but they need to realize there is a right way to do it.

Bungie is the same way with Destiny and it's super infuriating.

They always say they're afraid of making "promises" that they can't keep, but they keep us in the dark so much that players actually started listening to Activision Board calls in hopes for Destiny info.

oroboros

In pubs its not 50 percent, if I even dip my feet in solo its about 60%-70% loses. This is every night I get on now for the past two weeks? But I get maybe 3 or 4 matches before someone sends me a group invite.

My point was that I think the solo matchmaking is terrible. Granted that makes sense because its a team game, but I think it works VERY well when its in groups. Some awesome matches most of the time win or lose.

How do you lose 70% of the time in solo and blame it all on bad teammates? haha. You either don't have enough games played to even out your stats, are the most unlucky person in the world getting bad teammates, or just not as good as you think you are at the game.

Matchmaking seems to work fine to me. I'm at 52% winrate over 270 games 100% of the time solo queue. Sometimes you get idiots of course, but not 70% of the time. Sounds like you're stuck in the ELO hell mindset and just blaming everyone else instead of trying to improve yourself.

I'm at 48% win rate in almost all random pub matches. I'm guessing it would be over 50% if you take out all those BS losses when I join a game when there's 2 minutes to go and my team is getting creamed. It's honestly not as bad as some make it seem. My only consistent complaint about pub matches is that there's always a widow or hanzo when it doesn't make a lot of sense.

The mid-game join to a loss does not count against your win rate.

That being said, 48% win rate is NOT BAD AT ALL. In fact it's average, looking at the stats for masteroverwatch.com if you're 65% win rate, you're top 1000 players (out of millions) in the world (PS4 & XBONE). I expect any decent player (solo queue or not) to be about 43-55%. PC is a different story, the skill ceiling is much higher, but again any well-performing player will be around 40-55%.

Clawww

why is the W so important anyways? you just need to ask yourself if you're pulling your weight and doing the best you can. set goals for yourself along the way. I can be satisfied even if my team gets dumpstered if I've at least played to my own standards. not that it isn't frustrating to lose, but you're basically wasting your time if you aren't focused on your own performance. if someone is prestiged and still playing like a clueless goon, you can't fix that shit no matter what anyways, so just keep working on your mechanics, awareness, etc. at the end of the day it's a shooter and there's a nearly infinite skill ceiling in terms of getting good at accurately shooting other players or not getting yourself taken out for free.

Kamion

I just had a Route 66 attack with 3 hanzos and a widowmaker....... Went Reinhardt to at least have SOME way of getting the payload across.
And of course we lost. The Widowmaker changed to Tracer along the way at least.

But against all odds we got to the final checkpoint lol

Interfectum

Yeah for real. Going by this thread, a majority of players are great and are only held back by their team and not their limited skill set.

Can't wait for competitive and reading all the salty posts about poor teammates. It will be like a new season of LoL all over again.

I had a guy on PS4 voice chat last night yelling at us about how bad we were. Funny thing is, we were all doing pretty good, even him. We were simply getting outplayed by the other team. At the end of the match he just mumbled something to himself like "shit team." And I'm like, wtf. You just know that guy probably jumped on a forum today to complain about solo queue.

mbpm1

why is the W so important anyways? you just need to ask yourself if you're pulling your weight and doing the best you can. set goals for yourself along the way. I can be satisfied even if my team gets dumpstered if I've at least played to my own standards. not that it isn't frustrating to lose, but you're basically wasting your time if you aren't focused on your own performance. if someone is prestiged and still playing like a clueless goon, you can't fix that shit no matter what anyways, so just keep working on your mechanics, awareness, etc. at the end of the day it's a shooter and there's a nearly infinite skill ceiling in terms of getting good at accurately shooting other players or not getting yourself taken out for free.

That's a good point. I mostly try to make direct hits with my shots as junkrat lately. Dat 120 damage

Yeah for real. Going by this thread, a majority of players are great and are only held back by their team and not their limited skill set.

Can't wait for competitive and reading all the salty posts about poor teammates. It will be like a new season of LoL all over again.

While that is half-true, you guys are taking things a bit out of context. Most of the complaints are about team picks and not playing objectives; it doesn't mean certain defeats wouldn't have happened, but they wouldn't be complete streamrolls. Losing while trying your best or getting outplayed is fine, but there are certain things that piss you off even if you win. Seriously, I lost some matches where the other team was too good, and I was excited to learn how to counter them and improve my skill/character knowledge (immediately went to vs A.I and A.I range).

Competitive might be people going AFK and losing deliberately because someone on their own team pissed them off or didn't pick the "proper" meta characters. It reminds me of my first competitive CS:GO match where someone went apeshit on me and the whole team later on for no reason. I am not saying that I wasn't following the meta in that match (did my research on buys, maps and high level play in general) but I don't know what ticked that
Russian
guy off LOL. Everyone in the team was trying hard and planning things in the chat, but we still lost, and then the other team called us noobs (duh level 1 guys) for cracking up at a comeback attempt by me and a teammate where we made an obvious mistake. I lost every round in my first competitive match but I didn't feel bad.

Now that High Bandwith is fixed there should be more GAF 12s.
Support your local GAF Salt factories.

This is something people should realize. You will still lose a lot even in competitive and in organized groups with mics and shit. I hope that we see less team picking shenanigans in competitive, but I doubt it. People will still pick popular offense/defense characters and ignore the others.

Ketch

There's also a major shift needed in how you approach a match in solo que vs premades.

Some peoples play styles may work better in solo que then others, which would effect how they feel about the matchmaking.

That being said, 48% win rate is NOT BAD AT ALL. In fact it's average, looking at the stats for masteroverwatch.com if you're 65% win rate, you're top 1000 players (out of millions) in the world (PS4 & XBONE). I expect any decent player (solo queue or not) to be about 43-55%. PC is a different story, the skill ceiling is much higher, but again any well-performing player will be around 40-55%.

Yeah, I may be hard on myself but in Dota and OW I'm at 58% win rate (we'll see if that chances for ranked in OW), so I feel like I'm playing well for my skill level and am slowly improving.

i feel like im playing like garbage at 58% win rate.

Clawww

This. It's important to still have fun when losing. Of course winning is great. I love winning. But I had a lot of fun in some losing matches too.

it's about not wasting your own time. if you're tilting in the middle of a match or session because you can't handle the Ls, then you're probably not playing to your best, let alone improving. if you're more concerned about teammates than the headshots you could have had, you might as well not bother and become a hanzo spammer or whatever ppl like to cry about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom