• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's kinda difficult to get the hang of. His fan does twice as much damage as his three round burst, so take advantage of that close in, particularly against tanks. Fan->Melee->Quick Strike is a very bursty combo, and if you use it on a weakened opponent, you'll probably kill them, which results in an immediately reset quickstrike. You're super mobile so try to harass them from the back, going for healers, snipers, and wounded targets trying to regen.

Am I attacking people on the back lines and picking off stragglers, or am I just trying to fuck up anyone I come across?

Am I attacking people on the back lines and picking off stragglers, or am I just trying to fuck up anyone I come across?

Oh defense, I sit around corners, stun anyone who walks by and fan em.

On attack, I try to just attack from the sides or any other paths the other team isn't watching.

Edit: I thought you was talking about Mcree lol. Ignore me.

I can't believe the posts in here hating split screen. It's one of the best features for any game. Of course, I have grown up with brothers, live with roommates ect. I utilize split screen to its full extent when possible.

LOL
My and friend just played a match where a guy in numbani chose symetra on defense, after my firend already had it chosen. My friend said, OK, no problem I will change.

At the beggining we start wacthing symetra doing strange things, but nothing to out of the ordinary, she was flat out not helping and never shoot the enemy team, never used a teleport in the beggining part either.

So my friend then says "I just saw symetra jumping to her death, nobody has thrown, she just jumped".
I appear near her, and follow. She then puts a teleport on one the cliffs, and jumps herself. I try to tell my team but they just died and went directly to the telporter, all to their deaths.
Of course, we lost.

I dont know if she was just trolling or just had some friends in the other team (dont know how that would work, would have to be a lot of luck), but she basiaclly was trying to best to fuck us.
Of course my friend an me report the player to Blizzard, pretty sure nothing is going to happen though.

The player is call will2008, and was in the european servers, if someone sees him again doing some shit, report him.

ekim

Depends on your team. If you are behind a Barrier you can easily harass people on the front. Once you are more vulnerable go behind enemy lines but only for snipers and supporters. Use deflect to destroy turrets and trigger-happy Bastions. Other than that maybe also try to stick near your team and go from the side. Just try to practice and always aim for the head. I played a lot of the training area to get a feeling for the travel time of the shuriken. Also save your dash until you are sure you kill someone with it (2 bars left on the HP indicator). It gets you out of trouble pretty quick.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
LOL
My and friend just played a match where a guy in numbani chose symetra on defense, after my firend already had it chosen. My friend said, OK, no problem I will change.

At the beggining we start wacthing symetra doing strange things, but nothing to out of the ordinary, she was flat out not helping and never shoot the enemy team, never used a teleport in the beggining part either.

So my friend then says "I just saw symetra jumping to her death, nobody has thrown, she just jumped".
I appear near her, and follow. She then puts a teleport on one the cliffs, and jumps herself. I try to tell my team but they just died and went directly to the telporter, all to their deaths.
Of course, we lost.

I dont know if she was just trolling or just had some friends in the other team (dont know how that would work, would have to be a lot of luck), but she basiaclly was trying to best to fuck us.
Of course my friend an me report the player to valve, pretty sure nothing is going to happen though.

The player is call will2008, and was in the european servers, if someone sees him again doing some shit, report him.
You mean Blizzard and I've also been trolled by a Symettra before.

abundant

Is this Reddit post even a real problem on consoles? None of my friends seem to be leaving this game. They're playing like they always have.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4p4m58/torbjorn_is_destroying_overwatch_on_ps4/

It's been discussed before, hero stacking needs to be addressed (and probably will).

Not if you know what you are doing. Yeah the range is insanely long, but the people I play with and I rarely have a problem taking them out. Super easy if I'm playing D.va.

It's not much of a problem when in a group, but it still manages to zap all of the fun out of the game.

DryvBy

Not if you know what you are doing. Yeah the range is insanely long, but the people I play with and I rarely have a problem taking them out. Super easy if I'm playing D.va.

Exactly what I said. We've counter this with Junkrats and Pharahs. This is why I don't like some of the communities on Reddit. They really worry more about data than just playing the game.

No, it was thankfully a rare one time occurence.

Thank god, I really hope we dont encounter anything similar again. And if theres more of this in the future, I hope the put a boot of the game button, so everyone in the team can kick this persons out.
Although probably someone would use the kick out button for bad reasons so, fuck, we cant have anything nice.

patchday

I'm at 48% win rate in almost all random pub matches. I'm guessing it would be over 50% if you take out all those BS losses when I join a game when there's 2 minutes to go and my team is getting creamed. It's honestly not as bad as some make it seem. My only consistent complaint about pub matches is that there's always a widow or hanzo when it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Blizzard should considering adding a popup to make it clear those do not count against your win rate

RemiLP

Is this Reddit post even a real problem on consoles? None of my friends seem to be leaving this game. They're playing like they always have.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4p4m58/torbjorn_is_destroying_overwatch_on_ps4/

its not as bad as he say. I love to play Torbjørn, but im usually the only one. 2-3 Torbjørn does happend, but not all the time. Only one time have i seen a full team of Torbjørns.

but he is clearly op. I have 82% win with him, and i feel like i can hold a choke point by myself. I only play single though, but i would assume its easyer to deal with if u have a team

I'm really liking D.Va a lot. I really like her gameplay style just getting up on people's faces and harassing them. The more I play on the maps the more alternate routes you can find with her boost ability. You can usually find a small opening or a cranny to get behind enemy lines and it's surprising how often people on the enemy team just don't expect that. I love that I can get into practically anyone's face and either mess them up or wreck their shit entirely.

If there's a Widow or Hanzo in some place high up it's really satisfying to know I can get up to wherever they are, regardless of where they are, and wreck their shit. I've yet to get killed by any snipers even if I'm at half-health and they're at full because getting right up in their face really throws everyone off. Even a couple of times as the mech is about to get destroyed, I use my rocket boost not to fly out of there (which would be a perfectly fine response), but a few times I've done the opposite and used it to get even closer to them and bump them around with the boost and do even more damage. It's surprising how often that works, because bumping them does some damage, throws off their aim, and allows me to do even more damage. You can also destroy ANY level 2 torb turret by rocketing right up to it with the shield engaged and then laying waste when you're touching it. I never realized how much of a hard counter she is against Torbjorn but she is. D.Va can destroy lv 2 turrets at any point in time regardless of where they are.

D.Va when out of her mech is also a lot more useful than I originally thought. I thought she was useless and that the best course of action is just to run away forever until I died or my mech became available again, but now that I'm learning how to lead shots with slower projectile weapons I'm finding her little gun can be devastating if you can land several shots and even a few headshots in. I've even killed a few Bastions while on foot after getting in a tussle with them on mech and them winning. I've gone up against tanks and she can really contribute a lot to damage if you have at least one other teammate in there with you.

I just really like D.Va and how playing hyper-aggressive actually rewards you.

DryvBy

its not as bad as he say. I love to play Torbjørn, but im usually the only one. 2-3 Torbjørn does happend, but not all the time. Only one time have i seen a full team of Torbjørns.

but he is clearly op. I have 82% win with him, and i feel like i can hold a choke point by myself. I only play single though, but i would assume its easyer to deal with if u have a team

A Reinhardt or two mixed with some Pharah and D.Va seems would counter 2-3 every time. Reddit's data caring is annoying sometimes. They have to analyse everything to death and most of their data isn't even practical.

ekim

I'm really liking D.Va a lot. I really like her gameplay style just getting up on people's faces and harassing them. The more I play on the maps the more alternate routes you can find with her boost ability. You can usually find a small opening or a cranny to get behind enemy lines and it's surprising how often people on the enemy team just don't expect that. I love that I can get into practically anyone's face and either mess them up or wreck their shit entirely.

If there's a Widow or Hanzo in some place high up it's really satisfying to know I can get up to wherever they are, regardless of where they are, and wreck their shit. I've yet to get killed by any snipers even if I'm at half-health and they're at full because getting right up in their face really throws everyone off. Even a couple of times as the mech is about to get destroyed, I use my rocket boost not to fly out of there (which would be a perfectly fine response), but a few times I've done the opposite and used it to get even closer to them and bump them around with the boost and do even more damage. It's surprising how often that works, because bumping them does some damage, throws off their aim, and allows me to do even more damage. You can also destroy ANY level 2 torb turret by rocketing right up to it with the shield engaged and then laying waste when you're touching it. I never realized how much of a hard counter she is against Torbjorn but she is. D.Va can destroy lv 2 turrets at any point in time regardless of where they are.

D.Va when out of her mech is also a lot more useful than I originally thought. I thought she was useless and that the best course of action is just to run away forever until I died or my mech became available again, but now that I'm learning how to lead shots with slower projectile weapons I'm finding her little gun can be devastating if you can land several shots and even a few headshots in. I've even killed a few Bastions while on foot after getting in a tussle with them on mech and them winning. I've gone up against tanks and she can really contribute a lot to damage if you have at least one other teammate in there with you.

Totally signed. D.Va is a beast when played correctly.

abundant

The problem with Torb (same as Bastion) is that at low level play, he seems OP, but once you start working as a team and know what to do, he's nowhere near OP, and at times is a bad pick.

Eric WK

1-2 Torbjorn's are completely manageable. The problem is that 4+ on console is difficult and incredibly un-fun to play against.

ncslamm

I played the beta on PS4 and was sold on this game from there. I think the turrets fire slower on consoles than PC but they are still an issue. On PC torbjorn is not really a problem but if played right he can do some damage. It's just too hard to aim on consoles and react to a turret.

Drewfonse

1-2 Torbjorn's are completely manageable. The problem is that 4+ on console is difficult and incredibly un-fun to play against.

On consoles? I have a 75% win rate with him, and I'm nothing special. 56% win rate overall. I do think he's OP on consoles. If I pick him, I'm the only Torb, and I usually dominate,but wow is it boring.

abundant

I'd say 2 Torbs could be un-fun to play against, depending on what their teammates picked. One Torb though should be easy to counter, no mater what situation you're in.

Mupod

D-Va is the one character in this game I can't make work for me at all. I hate Mei and Hanzo but I do fine with them, and I'm at least good at every other character. I'm 100% useless on D-Va.

As for Symmetra the only trolling I do is the other team. Also I face my teleporter towards walls and put the dumbest spray I have in such a way that people see it as soon as they exit.

Tjorbon is a problem on certain maps and placements (some will come in and agree, others will say git gud). The reality is its an extra 300hp character that sometimes you have to try and engage with a 200hp one at an angle where its impossible to get enough distance from it to engage you

Personally I think its auto aim is way too quick (it switches from possibly killing someone to aiming at you) its range is way too far and it should be 100/200 hp

Edit I'd be ok if it was just 200hp, 300 is overkill

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So in trying to login to PTR and trying various steps my base game's patch has somehow regressed to 1.4(Widowmaker/McCree nerf) while PTR is 1.5. sigh

Crisco

Banned
I play on PC but I can see how Torb stacking would get out of control on console. Honestly it's not that easy to deal with on PC but aiming with a mouse makes it easier. The biggest problem is that it's a lot easier for 4-6 random Torbs to work together than it is for 6 pugs playing different heroes.

Soma

y'know i think the gold gun for d.va would look real nice with the carbon fiber skin

same for pharah's anubis skin... I just wish i was good with her ;_;

I love using D.Va. Boosting around surprising Widows and Torbs never gets old.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I play on PC but I can see how Torb stacking would get out of control on console. Honestly it's not that easy to deal with on PC but aiming with a mouse makes it easier. The biggest problem is that it's a lot easier for 4-6 random Torbs to work together than it is for 6 pugs playing different heroes.
I wonder if Hero stacking can be curbed in a way that would discourage it without making it completely unviable. Maybe something like reduced Ult Charge rate for each successive stack.

abundant

I wonder if Hero stacking can be curbed in a way that would discourage it without making it completely unviable. Maybe something like reduced Ult Charge rate for each successive stack.

That could be a good way to address the issue. It's super annoying to play against stacked Reapers, Hanzos, or Junkrats and have them popping off their ults every 5 seconds.

RemiLP

The problem with Torb (same as Bastion) is that at low level play, he seems OP, but once you start working as a team and know what to do, he's nowhere near OP, and at times is a bad pick.

I can see that a good team would deal with it without much problem.

But most people dont play with teams, so they get slaughterd one by one.

ncslamm

Tjorbon is a problem on certain maps and placements (some will come in and agree, others will say git gud). The reality is its an extra 300hp character that sometimes you have to try and engage with a 200hp one at an angle where its impossible to get enough distance from it to engage you

Personally I think its auto aim is way too quick (it switches from possibly killing someone to aiming at you) its range is way too far and it should be 100/200 hp

Edit I'd be ok if it was just 200hp, 300 is overkill

He's really only a good pick on hanamura (point a), Kings row (point a), and Hollywood. Everything else is hit or miss. By point a I mean you need to switch once the other team caps that point. You can troll with him on volskaya attacking point b by placing turrets on the moving platforms but that's about all of the good it does.

I didn't read everything, but Torbjorn is definitely a problem in some games (playing on PS4, always with randoms). Basically flawless accuracy and reaction speed, insane range, can kill a 200hp character rather quickly, has 300hp on the 2nd form, ultimate charges really fast and is devastating (turret and Torbjorn itself), etc...

I understand that people don't see this as a problem if they are playing on PC since it's much easier and faster to aim, or if they are playing in a group where they can combine a good method to take them down, but on PS4 it feels unfair if there are more than one at the same time, which is very common.

I would definitely support a nerf in the turret, doesn't need to be extreme, range/damage/hp one of this would be enough, while improving something on Torbjorn itself. Ask for more skill from the player, I would like to see the turret being something to complement Torbjorn, and not the one doing basically all of the work.

A random tangent, but Blizzards authentication process is a goddamn nightmare. Especially when I'm trying to switch devices. I got a new phone and now I need a code to access a program to access a code to allow me in battlenet. But none of it works though email for some reason.

I'm so confused on what code needs to go where to actually switch devices. And now I'm just blocked out of my own account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom