• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I tried healing randoms again, nope, so much nope.

Situational awareness is close to non existent for like 99% of the player base
I've had relatively good luck with Lucio but there are some games where players just will not hang around me and I barely get any heals going.

Torb teammates that chuck armour anywhere, or convert scrap to armour on the spot, annoy me. Your turret is doing all the work, take a second to put it in a safe place instead of making us fetch it and get fucked in the process.

Be glad they're at least making Armor. I've seen plenty of Torbs who think the Armor ability is for themselves exclusively.

Torb teammates that chuck armour anywhere, or convert scrap to armour on the spot, annoy me. Your turret is doing all the work, take a second to put it in a safe place instead of making us fetch it and get fucked in the process.

I drop it all in the middle of the control point or next to the payload. If you ain't pushing the cart, you ain't getting armor.

Xyber

From my experience playing Roadhog, the minute a Zarya sees me she around a corner she pops the bubble skill in anticipation of me shooting. I don't shoot, wait for the bubble to expire while she's shooting me with an uncharged laser, hook, then take a shot and melee, leaving her with about 50-75 health left for a killing blow or shot. And she isn't fast enough to run away from it or bubble again.

Well that's just dumb, just keep your distance from the Roadhog and save that shield for if he hooks you. As Zarya I usually win in fights against Roadhog, the times I die is when I had to pop the shield right before because of something else.

Came to chime in, That I, Kayo Police will have the lowest MMR rating (NA) in competitive ranked

Don't worry there's no way yours will be worse than mine.

Is he? As Zarya I like coming up against roadhogs because they give me high energy from the hooks and are incredibly easy to beam down because of his huge hitbox. It seems a pretty even fight from my experience.

Sorry, I phrased that all wrong.

We were discussing to whom Zarya is a hard counter.

I'm an idiot. That's the answer. She counters Roadhog.

Astral

My dream play is Graviton Surge into self-destruct. It almost happened yesterday but noooo. The fucking D.Va wouldn't cooperate. I'm telling them my ultimate is ready and D.Va replied the same. So then there's a Lucio with a mic who understands my plan and says "ok I'll drop the best, you use your ultimate and then D.Va blows them up." So he does his ultimate, I do mine, and D.Va just stands there shooting. What the fuuuuck. I had another chance today when I was using D.Va. Zarya was saying her ultimate was ready and I responded that mine was at 80%. She replied with fucking "understood" and then fires it immediately. The dream is dead. It will never happen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
My dream play is Graviton Surge into self-destruct. It almost happened yesterday but noooo. The fucking D.Va wouldn't cooperate. I'm telling them my ultimate is ready and D.Va replied the same. So then there's a Lucio with a mic who understands my plan and says "ok I'll drop the best, you use your ultimate and then D.Va blows them up." So he does his ultimate, I do mine, and D.Va just stands there shooting. What the fuuuuck. I had another chance today when I was using D.Va. Zarya was saying her ultimate was ready and I responded that mine was at 80%. She replied with fucking "understood" and then fires it immediately. The dream is dead. It will never happen.
When twitch can beat Dark Souls, but Overwatcher's can't even coordinate some Ult's together. Sad!

Pilgrimzero

The weekly brawl on attack/defend maps is beyond dumb. I was on the defines team and the other team never had a chance. Was pretty boring

Zemm

I've only had random Hanzo's use my ult on Zarya to kill everyone. It's so weird because random Hanzo's aren't usually helpful but they know when to use their ultimate.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

It's amazing how many people will never go towards you when they're almost dead. There's also those teammates who run away from enemies and leave a Mercy alone, that's always fun.

I was playing Lucio in Nepal's control map, and every I see the other team's Lucio, I knock him off the edge with my right click/push attack. I killed him that way like four times LOL.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's just dumb, just keep your distance from the Roadhog and save that shield for if he hooks you. As Zarya I usually win in fights against Roadhog, the times I die is when I had to pop the shield right before because of something else.

Like I said, this is all situational. You're describing a situation where a Zarya can clearly see a Roadhog in front of her down a hallway or in an open area. To that I'd be asking the Roadhog why he is out in the open for everyone to shoot him. Obviously in this situation she has the advantage. On maps like Ilios, Tower, Nepal or payload maps with good flanks, a good Roadhog who knows how to flank and doesn't shoot her bubble will have a slight advantage if he can hook her or if he rounds a corner and she's there.

That doesnt make any sense? Why does it boot everyone? The person leaving probably wouldn't have been a team player.

Competitive mode locks all the players into a match for the entire duration, and it doesn't swap people in if someone leaves or swap teams around or anything. Not sure why it doesn't try to find someone new when they leave before the round starts, and actually when it happened to me the person did manage to rejoin but it kicked us all out anyways.

Apparently, if someone leaves AFTER a round starts, it doesn't kick everyone out, but the team with the person who left has to play a person down. Which totally sucks, but I guess makes sense if you're going to be strict about locking the teams.

the setup time on dvas ult is longer than graviton surges effect timer.

XenoRaven

And back to reality. Can't even report someone for not playing. They didn't go AFK. They deliberately kept moving their character but wouldn't go attack the point. Dude sat in a corner as Soldier 76 shooting a wall.

Zambayoshi

How do you hit an entire team with Winston's ult without Zarya herding them together?

I'll never get that pixel ape.

I got mine on Lijiang Tower Garden. Luckily all six enemies were (a) alive and (b) on the control point. I just jumped and slapped all over the place and it popped.

I'm frustrated by the Zenyatta discord thing where you have to get four (some say five) discord elims in 6 seconds.

I was playing Lucio in Nepal's control map, and every I see the other team's Lucio, I knock him off the edge with my right click/push attack. I killed him that way like four times LOL.

I was bumping the enemy Lucio (and others) into the well on Illios with D.Va, so funny.

Freezing

I can't tell if it's a skill gap in matchmaking or if it's a lack of visual/audio feedback, but a lot of players just don't seem to care that they are getting shot.

I guess I'll just have to play around that until competitive is in. My current tactic is to play Lucio, and literally push enemies into my allies FOV.

Kamion

I'm really liking D.Va a lot. I really like her gameplay style just getting up on people's faces and harassing them. The more I play on the maps the more alternate routes you can find with her boost ability. You can usually find a small opening or a cranny to get behind enemy lines and it's surprising how often people on the enemy team just don't expect that. I love that I can get into practically anyone's face and either mess them up or wreck their shit entirely.

If there's a Widow or Hanzo in some place high up it's really satisfying to know I can get up to wherever they are, regardless of where they are, and wreck their shit. I've yet to get killed by any snipers even if I'm at half-health and they're at full because getting right up in their face really throws everyone off. Even a couple of times as the mech is about to get destroyed, I use my rocket boost not to fly out of there (which would be a perfectly fine response), but a few times I've done the opposite and used it to get even closer to them and bump them around with the boost and do even more damage. It's surprising how often that works, because bumping them does some damage, throws off their aim, and allows me to do even more damage. You can also destroy ANY level 2 torb turret by rocketing right up to it with the shield engaged and then laying waste when you're touching it. I never realized how much of a hard counter she is against Torbjorn but she is. D.Va can destroy lv 2 turrets at any point in time regardless of where they are.

D.Va when out of her mech is also a lot more useful than I originally thought. I thought she was useless and that the best course of action is just to run away forever until I died or my mech became available again, but now that I'm learning how to lead shots with slower projectile weapons I'm finding her little gun can be devastating if you can land several shots and even a few headshots in. I've even killed a few Bastions while on foot after getting in a tussle with them on mech and them winning. I've gone up against tanks and she can really contribute a lot to damage if you have at least one other teammate in there with you.

I just really like D.Va and how playing hyper-aggressive actually rewards you.

I just played her on a whim and she's become my most-played hero now, mostly because of this. I still make mistakes, but she's a BEAST at destroying Torbs, which, especially on PS4, helps the team more than most people realise.
It just feels super satisfying to charge up with shields to a turret, destroy it, maybe kill the Torb, too and then fly away again (mostly up to some Widow or Hanzo).

My only problem with her is that I sometimes overestimate myself when charging turrets. I can't fly away right away, so we need to be on the offensive already (or I need my ult up so I can use it when my mech is destroyed, which scatters enemies so I can get into a new mech) because the boost won't be up in time.

But it's really the only mistake I still make a lot. She's such a blast to play.

How do you hit an entire team with Winston's ult without Zarya herding them together?

I'll never get that pixel ape.

I guess you can hope that you can fling yourself into a King of the Hill map control point packed with the enemy team without perishing.

I actually got this one earlier today without intending it, possibly inspired by my whopping 2 minutes of ape action in the match thus far the opposing attackers decided to switch to having a bunch of Winstons of their own, at some point during my primal rage it turned out I'd smacked them all since they were huddled around me with the tickle tesla.
Then I switched to reaper and fun hunting times were had.

Now getting that Pixel Zenyatta, I just can't.

Just had a match on Hanamura against a whole team of Reinhardt while we're on defense.

Was hilarious. They eventually switched when the time started running out lol.

gnexus

Finally got that double cap achievement (cap both points without dying) on Volskaya. I was reaper and my random pub team just destroyed the enemy team and won in like 3 or 4 minutes. The entire enemy team left the game during the card voting screen...

I felt bad.
And awesome.

That was pretty interesting. Was in a small GAF group and the matchmaking joined up with some other GAFers I play with.

We got pooped on but it was still fun.

Cade

This competitive sudden death change seems short-sighted at best and garbage at worst. Some of these maps are waaaay heavily tilted towards one side.

This competitive sudden death change seems short-sighted at best and garbage at worst. Some of these maps are waaaay heavily tilted towards one side.

basically if you on defense you're guaranteed win unless team suck balls. i can feel they'll stack some bastion and torb and all that.

they adjusted to Play of the match and it's a little longer. i think they adjusted Kill cam too as well. like a few seconds before how you get killed or i'm just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom