• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Love this game but I just deleted it. Definitely worth my money but now I'm just running in circles getting shitty loot boxes and encountering nothing but oblivious teammates. Plus, Blizz killed my favorite character, and I've been trying others and nothing is clicking. Have fun everyone! :)

Jesus, the rewards for competitive play are terrible. Icons, sprays and... golden guns. Wow.
How about some skins?

Good that it's not any skins. Them locking skins away for only a handful of players was what I feared most. I can live with golden weapons, sprays and icons, though.

eek5

Came to chime in, That I, Kayo Police will have the lowest MMR rating (NA) in competitive ranked

Don't worry there's no way yours will be worse than mine.
I think you underestimate how bad some of us are 🤔

What do you mean?
In competitive, hybrid is scored by distance. We failed to get to the end, so we only scored 2 (one for capturing the point, one for reaching the checkpoint). The scoreboard showed our distance, though, and once the other team passed that--but before they reached the end--they won.

Capture seems to be time-based: you keep playing back and forth until one team runs out of time, and you can score multiple points within that time.

King of the Hill is best three out of five, as far as I can make out.

Prelude.

Good that it's not any skins. Them locking skins away for only a handful of players was what I feared most. I can live with golden weapons, sprays and icons, though.
You could still buy them with the new currency.
My point is that, right now, it's: "Hey, you're the best OW player ever. Here's a golden gun and animated sprays." It doesn't seem that rewarding to me.

Veelk

Banned
Good lord why?

Cuz she's awesome. Though I literally just started playing the game yesterday and am still getting used to it. I've heard some shit about her, but posts like EatinOlives keep me hopeful that she is good gameplay wise and I just need to learn how to use her properly.

eek5

You could still buy them with the new currency.
My point is that, right now, it's: "Hey, you're the best OW player ever. Here's a golden gun and animated sprays." It doesn't seem that rewarding to me.

The funny part to me is that the top 500 people will get an animated spray and the better people will have their gold guns first but it's just a circle jerk for them because of MMR/skill ratings; these people mostly just play each other. I'll probably never encounter these people in the wild lol

Nobody appreciates Mercy :( I kept everyone alive and damage boosted a Bastion helping that player get player of the game. Think I'm going to main her because I am really good at medic classes.

GMT/EU people add supremeplatypi#2348

Veelk

Banned
Nobody appreciates Mercy :( I kept everyone alive and damage boosted a Bastion helping that player get player of the game. Think I'm going to main her because I am really good at medic classes.

GMT/EU people add supremeplatypi#2348

It's good that they made the Medic a such a nice or humble character, because anyone else would be somewhat rightfully pissed/depressed at how little appreciation they get for saving everyone's bacon.

R0ckman

It's amazing how many people will never go towards you when they're almost dead. There's also those teammates who run away from enemies and leave a Mercy alone, that's always fun.

Thats the thing, in pubs people fight until the very end instead going off to a pack or the support.

2 solo-matches before I was invited to a group with our first game being a bad matchup. -_-

1st match Dorado my team ignores turrets, I go Pharah, they move it at the base of the hill. At that point I have to slowly move it while players brawl and I have to keep an annoying Symmettra off of me and stop a terrible Torb from setting up shop in the same spot about 3 times before I kill him, we hit over time (during most of the match my team was being picked apart by the turret, while I did nothing but try to destroy it, an enemy Pharah harassed me until our Soilder finally realized he was good agaisnt her, I believe the Pharah switched to Bastion after a while? Most of the enemy team did not fight on or near the payload. My team finally joins me on the payload at the top of hill during over time, and I jump up after passing the archway killing two out of three people with my ult. A Lucio aparently kills me during my ult even though on the cam the Lucio takes a few shots then runs and hides behind the fountain, then the kill feed pops up?

After recovering I rush back to our Zenyatta ulting but 4 of my team members backing off of the payload mere inches from the checkpoint, I see no serious amount of enemies on the payload, no one ulting on the enemy side, possibly just a Torb and Symmetra from my point of view as I'm coming up the hill... Defeat...

Second match, KotH, enemy team wasnt really that skillful, I contested point until I noticed I was Tracer fighting 3 or 4 enemies by myself on the point. WTF? Roadhog on our team laments in the chat about us being down 2 players for almost half the damn match because of two early quitters. We lose those first match obviously, win the next and have a close match for the last thanks to getting team members that were able to switch out as needed.

I get a group invite and only play with one other guy, after a long wait we enter a match that satarts with only 3 people on the enemy team, finally gives up and gives us a terrible matchup.

Guy in match chat comments: "Hmm interesting matchmaking."

Yes, yes indeed.

mbpm1

It's good that they made the Medic a such a nice or humble character, because anyone else would be somewhat rightfully pissed/depressed at how little appreciation they get for saving everyone's bacon.

what if there was a pissed off healer tho

Reaper as a medic:LIVE LIVE LIVE

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jesus, the rewards for competitive play are terrible. Icons, sprays and... golden guns. Wow.
How about some skins?
Those are just the rewards for playing, there will be exclusive cosmetic items available to only the best players.

Anyone else want new weapons to be unlocks like TF2, or will that mess with the balance too much?

Also, a very relevant youtube comment for once:

A good support knows his job is to make someone else look good, keep someone else safe, help someone else do what they're suppoused to do. Support stays out of the spotlight. If he is doing his job properly, at the end of the match you won't even remember he was there.
Support is your gurdian angel. So the next time you feel like blaming him for everything or just ignoring him, remember what burden they take for you. Simply saying ''awesome supporting there mate!'' Will make a support very happy.

Competitive would be more fun except everyone thinks they're pros and know the exact team comps and bitches and complains if it's not what they want.

I was playing Roadhog on Hollywood offense, and had 4 gold medals, the only commendation on our team and we won, yet the others kept complaining that I wasn't playing Rein.

I guess i'll just turn team chat off in the future.

In competitive, hybrid is scored by distance. We failed to get to the end, so we only scored 2 (one for capturing the point, one for reaching the checkpoint). The scoreboard showed our distance, though, and once the other team passed that--but before they reached the end--they won.

Capture seems to be time-based: you keep playing back and forth until one team runs out of time, and you can score multiple points within that time.

King of the Hill is best three out of five, as far as I can make out.

Those rules seem reasonable.

Plesiades

Those are just the rewards for playing, there will be exclusive cosmetic items available to only the best players.

It seems that the reward for the Top 500 is just an animated version of the Season 1 spray. Looks cool tho.

We'll probably have new weapon skins for each season. The better you do, the faster you can unlock them.

kinda glad that the best competitive players aren't gonna get exclusive skins or whatever

let em have some gold guns

this

Those rules seem reasonable.
Just had our first sudden death on Hollywood. We both finished the game on attack, so it was 3-3, but we did it about 12 seconds faster, so we got to attack the first point again. Kind of a weird way of deciding it, but we got it.

I'm 4-3 in competitive currently. It's fun, and team combos and play is way smarter than what I'm used to.

Animator

Trust me, as someone who's been on both sides of that situation it just isn't feasible.

Zarya's barrier doesn't last long enough to be effective, though having a team of five Zarya's with a Lucio or Mercy could possibly work but I'm not super confident.

Winston's bubble shield just folds from the turret fire and with that many turrets you have little chance to get to destroy them or their Torb.

Reinhardt is just useless in that situation, his shield breaks almost instantly from all the turret fire and a smart Torb will try and rush behind him and hit him with his alternate fire, especially if their molten core'd.

Widow has a real hard time since, smart Torb teams will place their turrets in view of any potential snier spots and since Torbs primary fire is so accurate he can essentially counter snipe Widows and Hanzos.

It's just a shit situation all around.

Pretty simple solution:

Get a bastion and reinhard. Have bastion set up behind the Reinhard shield and destroy every turret in sight in seconds.

Listening to DSP in 2016

Sat in his stream chat and we were all salty when he was saying this. People hate on DSP even on here hmm? Don't know why one man became the internet's punching bag, I watch plenty of Youtubers make horrible mistakes and never get shit on for them. Only watched his videos on and off since 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom