• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I see like 5-6 PotG's every day. Not every one is going to be a skill-based headshot showcase. Crazy stuff doesnt happen every game. And sometimes a Torbjorn that stops a key capture really did do the biggest play that game.

eek5

I see like 5-6 PotG's every day. Not every one is going to be a skill-based headshot showcase. Crazy stuff doesnt happen every game. And sometimes a Torbjorn that stops a key capture really did do the biggest play that game.

Yeah, a lot of the worst examples of POTG are from steamroll games where nothing happens. Like of course it's going to be a shitty POTG when the gold elims on the winning team was like 4 kills lol

KOTH maps are seriously the best. OT on them is always so intense.

Fully agree.

I'd love to see some kind of Tug of War style maps that are in the same style almost.

Is there any footage of someone making the basketball into the goal yet? It's been my personal goal since the beta. lol

The Rim/Net doesn't have physics or hit detection, so things just kind of move right through it, so it's not really possible.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Fully agree.

I'd love to see some kind of Tug of War style maps that are in the same style almost.

I think they could do double payload but only if it includes a timer that gives the win to the team that moves their payload the farthest.

Literally never have never seen or heard of this and my wife and I have been on PS4 since launch and we're both around level 60.

We're also in the midwest if that makes a difference.

It was the same for me up until an hour ago. I got disconnected 3 times in 5 min and was seeing several others on both teams leaving the game too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Switch to D.va, fly away and hunt the back line. Go for all their precious eliminations.
My mech would've exploded, there team was being well a team. My team was being a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.
Switch to Mei, tell them the Ice Wall will tank, put an Ice Wall in front of the guy who said that and don't let him do anything.

Or just leave the game I guess.
Doesn't leaving count as a loss? I mean I lost anyway, but I got XP atleast. :/

tm24

I havent been able to play the game in 3 days because i keep getting the goddamn black texture bug. It's fucking infuriating and Blizzard hasnt said anything about it

Poetaster

Banned
My mech would've exploded, there team was being well a team. My team was being a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

Doesn't leaving count as a loss? I mean I lost anyway, but I got XP atleast. :/
Leaving too much gets you a -75% xp penalty. I have this right now because of stupid battle.net disconnects. Fucking sucks.

Vitanimus

yikes, winston totally wrecks my mercy. why won't my teammates at least try and defend me a lil bit
mayatomr_smirk.gif

I think they could do double payload but only if it includes a timer that gives the win the the team that moves their payload the farthest.

I was thinking more of a single payload that spawns in the middle of a symmetrical map, and the goal is to push it to the other teams side of the map. Whoever's side it is on when the time runs out loses.

BigDug13

The worst thing about Weekly brawl is having your Ult charged, dying, getting the same character on the respawn, but your ult is at 0 again. :(

Definitely favors defense as well if you're something like Torb and keep molten core when attacked while the attackers never get an ult to break a defense.

Brandwin

Leaving too much gets you a -75% xp penalty. I have this right now because of stupid battle.net disconnects. Fucking sucks.

So it's not leaving a game, just if it's frequent? I had my power go out there other night while playing and just knew I would get the -75, but it never popped up and I was wondering why.

Nice work. On Xbox I have the elite controller and have the weapon switch on a paddle, makes it much easier.

Interesting that you mention that, I've messed around with my bindings a lot (I'm using a Steam controller on PC). I currently have weapon switch on left stick click, but I find myself hitting it accidentally every once in a while. My paddles are set to dash and jump. Might try a bumper for weapon switch, since I don't use them currently.

Ended my day with the Blackbeard skin for Torbjorn in a loot box along with enough currency to get me over 1,000 to get another Legendary skin if I so desire. I'll probably hold off for now though, as I have at least one Legendary skin on all of the characters that I generally use.

Good stuff.

I got a PotG as Mercy the other night with a triple revive, the Reinhardt on my team ulted and knocked their team down and I picked off a double kill with my pistol. Good times.

Awesome! The one time I got a Mercy PotG it was a pretty lame play. I get excited whenever I get a triple or higher revive, but still haven't gotten PotG again.

Awesome! The one time I got a Mercy PotG it was a pretty lame play. I get excited whenever I get a triple or higher revive, but still haven't gotten PotG again.

My other ones have always been lame. Like a double or triple revive and then nothing. Or my favorite was a double revive and I died immediately.

Poetaster

Banned
So it's not leaving a game, just if it's frequent? I had my power go out there other night while playing and just knew I would get the -75, but it never popped up and I was wondering why.
Not sure what does it. The disconnects are bad on ps4 today, I had about 7 in an hour. I just put in for a support call to rescind this since it was for reasons outside of my control.
Though it will warn you, bottom left on the main screen in a white box with red letters.

Interesting that you mention that, I've messed around with my bindings a lot (I'm using a Steam controller on PC). I currently have weapon switch on left stick click, but I find myself hitting it accidentally every once in a while. My paddles are set to dash and jump. Might try a bumper for weapon switch, since I don't use them currently.

I've found some of the key bindings to be strangely unintuitive for skills. I swapped E and Shift skills for alot of heroes, at least to me mentally it makes more sense for E to be skills that affect yourself and Shift to be projected or movement skills. Really wish Mercy and Thorbjorn had their alternate weapons bound to keys, it discourages me from messing with the mouse wheel binding for voice commands.

Nah. My favorite thing is diving Mercy and watching as no one helps her as she slowy roasts. Lol

What's frustrating is when teammates don't even realize how high their health is because I'm healing. You don't have to jump out and leave me behind, you were at full health! Now I die.
I've found some of the key bindings to be strangely unintuitive for skills. I swapped E and Shift skills for alot of heroes, at least to me mentally it makes more sense for E to be skills that affect yourself and Shift to be projected or movement skills. Really wish Mercy and Thorbjorn had their alternate weapons bound to keys, it discourages me from messing with the mouse wheel binding for voice commands.

Fortunately you can configure bindings per hero!

R0ckman

I LOVE how your teammates make commentary on kills. Almost broke down laughing when I was playing good ol McCree and blasted Mei's head off as soon as she popped back out of the ice.

Junk Rat - "Oohh, that MUST have hurt!"

XD

Jblanks

Join a game: Someone picks Genji, then I pick Zarya, another player picks McCree, another player picks Genji, and then another player picks McCree, one of the Genjis switching to Lucio on/off so someone can pick him, no one does, 3 people leave...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom