• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a job though? I've got a job, play a lot and I'm level 70.

In terms of McCree, lol saying he's useless. He can still kill everyone with flash fan, just not tanks which is good. He should be countered by tanks.

If you can fan combo a reaper, mei, bastion, torbjorn etc. even 50% of the time with that combo go pro bro. Because even current pros are struggling with that. You are doing something clearly even pros are failing at....

benzopil

No one communicates on PC either. Its definitely the controller.
At least on PC they read text chat and learn something new every day I guess. From my experience looks like people on console don't even know what "counter" is. Played against three bastions yesterday and only I switch to Genji. Other guys played Tracers until we lost.

I don't have any problems with aiming to turrets with Pharah or Widow, that's why 1 Toblerone or maybe 2 is not a problem. But with three I just can't do anything.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Join a game, everyone picked their class
Just as the match starts... I look to see my teammates, Da' FUCK?....
ROADHOG'S Angels?... Fucking hilarious we capped Objective A to 80%, other team went cheap with Bastion and Roadies after I started destroying them lol...

gN494Acl.jpg

So many Rez's, got to pull off my Ultimate like 4 times haha

Also for every shitty Torb story GAF throws here on how their cheap and don't put in the work and get stereotyped with armor upkeep, let me present you with a Torb who knows how to get his team the win singlehandedly
6a6UAzQl.jpg

WKijdjgl.jpg

Yes I created that fucking many and kept my team alive for an eternity
I was almost free support for +75 armor every 3 seconds

All those cards of my team I help facilitate
Felt good earning "Epic", should have netted me +12, worked my ass off =3

Asmodai48

At least on PC they read text chat and learn something new every day I guess. From my experience looks like people on console don't even know what "counter" is. Played against three bastions yesterday and only I switch to Genji. Other guys played Tracers until we lost.

I don't have any problems with aiming to turrets with Pharah or Widow, that's why 1 Toblerone or maybe 2 is not a problem. But with three I just can't do anything.

People don't type much during the game, usually just at the end for gg's and such. Aiming isn't really a problem vs a stationary target, its doing it fast which is going to be much slower than a mouse.

Dragner

I get a lot of epics but Im playing support. Its hard to get an epic as a dd, ive been voting for people carrying the game hard with 4 gold medals and people still voted for me that just...was there, watching this dude owning.

Do you have a job though? I've got a job, play a lot and I'm level 70.

In terms of McCree, lol saying he's useless. He can still kill everyone with flash fan, just not tanks which is good. He should be countered by tanks.
No he can't... he can't even kill reaper. That's a very bad thing for the meta.

GraveRobberX

No he can't... he can't even kill reaper. That's a very bad thing for the meta.

I don't know if the player you quotes is on console, but Mcree and Widow nerf haven't reached here

PC play and Console play there is a huge difference
Mcree nerf when it hits consoles won't be rough for public play, but competitive it will follow PC route

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nice, opened up the Breakaway skin for Lucio and have 1200 gold so I can buy whatever.

I've been super lucky with skins so far.

Man, I need to melee more often. I wish there was some kind of indicator that I had actually hit though. I hate melee in PC games. Have ever since I made the transition. Where is my mouse with rumble? D<

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Man, I need to melee more often. I wish there was some kind of indicator that I had actually hit though. I hate melee in PC games. Have ever since I made the transition. Where is my mouse with rumble? D<

The range seems pretty damn generous.

I see a Reinhardt/Zarya slip away with a sliver of HP way too often. Just punch their shield and kill them.

RemiLP

I can already tell how every defending team will look like on console if they dont do anyting about hero stacking in ranked.

Torbs? :)

I only play solo, so cant speak for teams, but i cant see how a group of randoms can deal with it. Hopefully people will start to use their mics, and maybe that will make it easyer.

GraveRobberX

I can already tell how every defending team will look like on console if they dont do anyting about hero stacking in ranked.

Guessing 2-3 Torbs, 1 Rein, 1 Mercy, 1 Reaper, if 2 Torbs at least, either a Soldier 76/Pharah/Hanzo takes last spot

We played a game against 6 Torbjorns yesterday on PS4, and the facts that (and Im sure this has been discussed a billion times, maybe more):
- There is no cooldown to build a turret.
- Lock-on is immediate
- 360 degrees
- Good health
- Gimli himself has a gun where left click can more or less one shot head shot squishies, and the shotgun is a beast as well

X6. It's just dumb that even if you take one of them out, if you didn't grab the owner as well, he's got another going, probably close to level 2 before you're done reloading killing his last one. I know on PC the guy is considered not great, but on console, even against a team... it's the only character I have an issue with. Don't care about McCree, Mei, Bastion, Widowmaker, etc. All good in the right hands, but nothing breaks a game and makes it not fun at all like a team stacked with Torbjorns. Git gud? Eh, I guess. Even if that was the case... it still wouldnt stop how often that happens, especially on the last round of defense. And it'd still be not fun.

I really don't get how anyone PC or Console says Torbjon isn't a problem. On console and PC theres only one character that has an average K/D above 3 http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes/pc/global

PS4 he sits at 3.54 2) Symettra 2.6 3) D.Va 2.57

PC he's 3.15 2) D.Va 2.51 3) Widowmaker 2.36

If you take him out of the equation the K/D difference between the top 10 heroes is only 0.5

Edit its the same on Xbox as well he's miles ahead of 2nd place

kromeo

I really don't get how anyone PC or Console says Torbjon isn't a problem. On console and PC theres only one character that has an average K/D above 3 http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes/pc/global

If you take him out of the equation the K/D difference between the top 10 heroes is only 0.5

The elites who only play groups with pro tactics claim he's no problem

ekim

Would love to finally play with some gaffers. BT: ekim#21760 - lvl 32. Mic is available randomly but I join whatever teamspeak/discord/you name it.

Sorral

I have the same complaints about Torbs especially stacking 2 of them. Switching to counter them over and over is tedious, gets tiring overtime and definitely makes the game unfun especially when you play with only 1-2 people not a full group.

You have to remember that just about no other heroes get so much stuff out of one ult like Torb does.

torbjorn is completely breaking the game on console. people are now figuring out that 3-4 torbjorns on defense is nearly a guaranteed win, and being on attack when that happening is one of the worst experiences I can remember in a multiplayer shooter.

kromeo

I don't know how wise it is to judge the abusability of a character based on the highest possible mastery of the game.

No but you can tell there's an obvious difference between very competitive and casual players in how they feel about that character. If you only play with randoms then I find he sucks a lot of the fun out the game and judging by a lot of what I read I'm not the only one.

Of course if Blizzard see high end competitive as the game's focus then that's fine

TP

I really don't get how anyone PC or Console says Torbjon isn't a problem.

50 hours in and he's given me no trouble

2k+hours of Team Fortress 2 also helps

Maybe that's the difference between platforms
more people on PC have experience in dealing with that kind of character

torbjorn is completely breaking the game on console. people are now figuring out that 3-4 torbjorns on defense is nearly a guaranteed win, and being on attack when that happening is one of the worst experiences I can remember in a multiplayer shooter.

There is an easy hard counter to that....
Leave the game before attacking, only play defence to get that win rate up. /s

Asmodai48

Edit its the same on Xbox as well he's miles ahead of 2nd place

I dunno man i never really notice him do much on PC. Even faced a 6 man torb team 2 days ago and we slaughtered them within 3 minutes. Although i do play a lot of Reinhardt so maybe that shuts him down.

Mugenjin

This is pretty much the reason why there needs to be different balancing for PC and consoles. On PC stacking Toblerones is a nonissue even with randoms.

Sorral

50 hours in and he's given me no trouble

2k+hours of Team Fortress 2 also helps

Maybe that's the difference between platforms
more people on PC have experience in dealing with that kind of character

I don't have 2000 hours in TF2, but whatever I played out of it, 100? hours, turrets almost never as bullshitty as in here.

I highly doubt that it is just because PC players played TF2 while console players didn't. The turrets aren't 1:1 between the two and the engineer in TF2 didn't have a 'fuck off off my turret' button while having so much armor as well as giving armor to your teammates.

kromeo

Doesn't help that the best counter to them is snipers when the chances are there's already 2 Hanzos on your team, I'd like to play Widowmaker occasionally but it's rare I get the chance

Still enjoying this a lot but there's definitely been a trend upwards in terms of people shouting abuse during the match, at least on Xbox One. And it doesn't seem like there's any easy way to mute players?

I see a lot of talk about players needing to communicate, etc. But I haven't yet had a single player communicate in a helpful way. It's always been "OH MY GOD WHERE'S THE FUCKING HEALER YOU GUYS SUCK THIS IS BULLSHIT" from a Reaper 8,000,000,000 miles away from the Payload or whatever.

Playing with team of friends and I was finally introduced to the protect the president strat another team was using against us.

Holy fuck. we threw so much shit at them and just could not beat it.

Still enjoying this a lot but there's definitely been a trend upwards in terms of people shouting abuse during the match, at least on Xbox One. And it doesn't seem like there's any easy way to mute players?

I see a lot of talk about players needing to communicate, etc. But I haven't yet had a single player communicate in a helpful way. It's always been "OH MY GOD WHERE'S THE FUCKING HEALER YOU GUYS SUCK THIS IS BULLSHIT" from a Reaper 8,000,000,000 miles away from the Payload or whatever.

Social > recent players and it will show the people in your team, you can mute from there.

Crescende

Banned
We have yet to lose even a single game with 5x Torb + random map specific hero, and im pretty sure matchmaking tries to at least match us to 4+ groups so ist not just pubstomping.

Edit: And to make things worse, its not even like we are in tryhard mode 24/7. Very Relaxing Party chatter while casually winning defense without sweat.

There is an easy hard counter to that....
Leave the game before attacking, only play defence to get that win rate up. /s

doesn't it count toward the leavers penalty if you leave during the character selection screen, or does it have to count as a loss to count towards the prnalty?

Sorral

Doesn't help that the best counter to them is snipers when the chances are there's already 2 Hanzos on your team, I'd like to play Widowmaker occasionally but it's rare I get the chance

Yes, there is always that 24/7 sniper and then you get the second Hanzo/WM on the team. It's pretty rare to not get that person that immediately picks Hanzo or WM, and I still have to get the turrets most of the time.

kromeo

I've noticed there's far more voice chat in the US servers than the EU ones, not necessarily more abuse, just more chat in general

RemiLP

We have yet to lose even a single game with 5x Torb + random map specific hero, and im pretty sure matchmaking tries to at least match us to 4+ groups so ist not just pubstomping.

Edit: And to make things worse, its not even like we are in tryhard mode 24/7. Very Relaxing Party chatter while casually winning defense without sweat.

Thats another thing that makes torbs so good. You dont really need to tryhard or play well together with the team. Just place the turets at good spots, and most of the job is done.

m4st4

Decided to put this on ice until Competitive update: 56 hours, level 51. It's a great game, totally addictive and my new (true) Destiny substitute, I just need a little break to finally dedicate my gaming time to Dishonored PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom