• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, on PS4 I haven't heard a single person speak, started PC version yesterday and I kinda want to forget about 99% of what I've heard. Some vile shit.

Also just had a match with a Genji that spent about 3mins sitting in the spawn area throwing shuriken at arcade machines after the match had started.

Im surprised at how friendly players have been voice chat wise on XboxOne.....wish I had a mic to respond back though. lol

Played some matches tonight with fellow GAF people - had a KOTH match on Lijiang Tower that was probably the most epic, brutal fight I've played yet. I think there was something like four switches at 99% in Overtime before we managed to win.

It was pretty awesome. It's fun playing as a group of six, even when you lose. Much less frustrating than losing with a random team in a public game.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I think a couple of GAF folk keep inviting me (PS4), but it rarely works out. (Sorry.)
Last night I was in someone's group waiting for a game, but then accidentally left (trying to check profiles) just as it found a match.

If you see me, please sling an invite! (Same ID as on here)

I'll use a mic sometimes, but usually play after hours so won't be too talkative.
Will always listen in and be open to advice, though!

Dunno about others playing in this region, but Japanese players tend to never use mics.
Only stuff I've heard is the odd "glhf" and "Huh? Another Lucio?!" Not sure if pubs out here are open to random foreigners explaining why two Lucios is sometimes a good idea...

Kuro

Just dealt with some really toxic players on my team giving me shit for playing tracer once. I'm guessing they were a group but my god these guys were bad. I blocked/reported them but is Blizzard even doing anything about people like this? Saying some really vulgar shit to me after making me a scapegoat for them not playing well.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally broke down and got the game. Only level 10 so far, but it's been enjoyable. Playing too much Bastion, but in a lot of my games people don't bother looking for me if I hunker down in a hard to see / reach place, so I've just stuck with what works since he's so good at locking down an area with suppression fire. I do get greedy, though, which leaves me open to Genjis that know what they're doing.

Also liking Lucio and Mercy. They've been great for heals. Need lots more practice with most of the offensive characters (Tracer, McCree, Reaper, etc.), as I'm terrible with those ones. =S

Fugu

Competitive is neat but oh lord is sudden death silly. They go through all of this effort to give both sides an even shot and then leave the final result up to a coin flip? Blizzard is not correctly interpreting the data on attack versus defense.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, when you're against even a halfway organized team, this game becomes pointless solo. Like, seriously pointless. I couldn't get anywhere near the team without instantly dying, it was ridiculous.

Then again, it might just be me sucking.

I wish this game just had a FFA mode.

And then you have some of your best plays ever.

I just played Hanzo, and I got a 19 kill streak, the highest I've ever gotten in this game and higher than in most games. I must have pissed off the other team so much, because that cart was not moving an inch while I rained down arrows of heaven down from my perch. And even when they knocked me down, I still wrecked their shit.

And when I finally did die, that was when the enemy team managed to get the cart to move. I was MVP for once. :)

I got called a hacker while playing zarya you guys

Why you a cheater, Satch?

Also, it's wierd seeing you without Makorra.

Also, are you playing on PS4 by chance?

MUnited83

For you.
How much time for a average player to get enough currency for a gun? I need Zenyatta's, Symmetra's since I use the yellow skin and Lúcio to use with the Hippity Hop skin which is a gold skin to begin with.

And yet another match I lost because my team was chasing the opponents on the other side of the map and not staying near the payload.

Why do people still do this. Almost as bad as the people who walk away from the point when it's in overtime.

I load into a game already in progress.

Round one lost, they're looking rough round two KotH on Nepal.

I go Lucio cause they need a support.

"Hey guys what's up?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU'RE SO BAD AT THIS GAME."

Reported the asshole and got an epic at the end of the game for keeping the idiots alive.

Felt good, but I hope ranked isn't that bad. It's not often I've had to report someone though.

LVL 20, almost ready!

I knew Spectators could pop in, but I'm surprised they can talk away during the match. My last match had someone chatting on and on, I almost stopped to dig into the menus to figure out how to mute them. (Would that be Recent Players? Or do they show up on the Groups screen?)

I contested Hanamura's first point 6 six times by myself as Tracer. I had a Symm, Mei, and Torbjorn all running around after me. Team still couldn't figure out how to destroy a Torbjorn turret. :l As soon as you stick a Torb down against 90% of players, they instantly lose any ability to function.

I like to imagine this is what is happening.
Code:
1. ) Come around corner, get shot by Turret. 
2. ) Hide 
3. ) Try to peek turret and hope you can beat its cold, machine reflexes 
4. ) Realize you are, in fact, made of flesh and blood 
5. ) Hide like the meatbag you are 
6. ) As soon as you lose eye contact with turret, instantly forget any lessons learned and try to peek again without healing up.
7. ) Repeat until int player_health = 0

Laputa_94

We both managed to catch the shiba/lucio environmental death in killcam during the second round, lol
I noticed that too when I watched your video lol.

Played some matches tonight with fellow GAF people - had a KOTH match on Lijiang Tower that was probably the most epic, brutal fight I've played yet. I think there was something like four switches at 99% in Overtime before we managed to win.

It was pretty awesome. It's fun playing as a group of six, even when you lose. Much less frustrating than losing with a random team in a public game.

Yeah we had some great matches tonight, I have footage of the Lijiang Tower match I'll upload it tomorrow. (cooldude44444 here)

Clauss

My Zenyatta leaderboard climb is starting to plateau around the high 300's, low 200's. Currently at #320, thinking about taking a break and maining someone else for a while.

BUT I CAN'T QUIT THE ORBS

Jblanks

I got called a hacker while playing zarya you guys

The dream.

The other team went 4 McCrees and 2 Lucios, got a 24 killstreak with Zarya. Also teamed up with a Genji for the 6 man double ult, it didn't count the sextuplet because one of the Lucio's dropped the beat, so 2 of them survived a bit longer.

That team also went 3 Genjis, 3 Symmetras, which we won Anubis on attack in 1:30, and then they went 6 Soldiers, and we wrecked them again. Was really fun.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745146459#post-1

best post i Have read on the Mccree situation. This guy is currently ranked 106 in total points earned with McCree. And he echoes what i have been saying. At the current given time McCree is a useless hero. No point in picking this guy when others do it better and easily. BTW before you flame me that post at this given moment got 91 thumbs in Blizz forums. Thats right a pro Mccree post that has almost 100 thumbs up in a battle net forum. Read it if you can. Also seems to me lot of pro players are dropping this character too.

So now you aren't sending people back to spawn that easily huh? haha

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
The dream.

The other team went 4 McCrees and 2 Lucios, got a 24 killstreak with Zarya. Also teamed up with a Genji for the 6 man double ult, it didn't count the sextuplet because one of the Lucio's dropped the beat, so 2 of them survived a bit longer.

That team also went 3 Genjis, 3 Symmetras, which we won Anubis on attack in 1:30, and then they went 6 Soldiers, and we wrecked them again. Was really fun.

Are there benefits to using this set up or were they just being silly?

benzopil

Met 3 Toblerones today on ps4. Only I switched to Pharah, other dudes preferred to die as Tracers and Genjis. Got 4 gold medals at least... I destroyed 6 or 7 turrets but I can't win solo unfortunately.

ekim

Competitive is neat but oh lord is sudden death silly. They go through all of this effort to give both sides an even shot and then leave the final result up to a coin flip? Blizzard is not correctly interpreting the data on attack versus defense.

Sudden death?

Why is Torbjorn such a huge threat in the PS4 or Xbox version? Torbjorn is not that big of a deal in PC. Usually having a good widow or pharaoh does the job.

Yam's

Why is Torbjorn such a huge threat in the PS4 or Xbox version? Torbjorn is not that big of a deal in PC. Usually having a good widow or pharaoh does the job.

I guess it has to do with quick aiming. The turret has 100% accuracy and reacts stupidly fast. Also dealing with one is easy on PC however I've seen lots of teams being crushed by two of them on PC, like really most teams I've been against where this was used.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus Duplicates R' Us for my loot boxes

They must have hard coded in duplicates after your first 75+ boxes

There's roughly what 1300 items to get, and now almost any box since hitting level 113, last 13 boxes all duplicates...L

StayDead

I saw 2-3 people tonight that were like 230+, what the fuck. I play this game a disgusting amount and I'm only 89, lol.

Do you have a job though? I've got a job, play a lot and I'm level 70.

In terms of McCree, lol saying he's useless. He can still kill everyone with flash fan, just not tanks which is good. He should be countered by tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom