• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

giphy.gif

This is the greatest

Symbiotx

Leaving too much gets you a -75% xp penalty. I have this right now because of stupid battle.net disconnects. Fucking sucks.

I also ran into this. Even got it when they had a warning that they knew there were problems. Lasted for like 7 rounds. Really irritating.

Got a Lucio POTG on Numbani a couple days ago, got kills on a low ulting Pharah, a McCree and bopped a Zenyatta. Felt good. Had a couple of games where I was top eliminations as Lucio during that run and getting 4 gold medals in matches, I was dropping beats and bodies. Only thing I wasn't doing was getting a medal for actual damage done.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just learned that mercys staff is called the cadeceus staff and it really bothers me that blizzard didn't even bother to fact check the fact that that is Hermes staff which signifies commence and silver tongue negotiations. The rod of asclepius is the staff of medicine.

PS i can't spell either of those names.

General question here: I know "on fire" is sort of a meaningless stat, but I feel like if I'm on fire but our team is losing, I shouldn't be the one to change characters since on fire means you're getting shit done and not dying (or dying infrequently), right?

Also, how do you check to see if other people are on fire? I've heard of some sort of character menu but I'm on PS4 and haven't found a button for it.

TheYanger

I just learned that mercys staff is called the cadeceus staff and it really bothers me that blizzard didn't even bother to fact check the fact that that is Hermes staff which signifies commence and silver tongue negotiations. The rod of asclepius is the staff of medicine.

PS i can't spell either of those names.

There's nothing to fact check, Just because it wasn't originally the symbol of medicine doesn't mean it hasn't become that.

Did you know that all of the words we say used to mean different shit originally too? damn!

Zaventem

There's nothing to fact check, Just because it wasn't originally the symbol of medicine doesn't mean it hasn't become that.

Did you know that all of the words we say used to mean different shit originally too? damn!

In the united states*

Also, how do you check to see if other people are on fire? I've heard of some sort of character menu but I'm on PS4 and haven't found a button for it.

Touch pad button. You can see enemy character picks too.

Poetaster

Banned
Not sure what does it. The disconnects are bad on ps4 today, I had about 7 in an hour. I just put in for a support call to rescind this since it was for reasons outside of my control.
Though it will warn you, bottom left on the main screen in a white box with red letters.
Just got off the phone with Blizzard support and they cannot rescind these penalties. The only way to get rid of it is to keep playing matches without disconnects or leaving. Here's the email follow up I just received that some of you might find helpful.
Blizzard support said:
I'm glad that we were able to talk about the recent disconnects today. It is something that we are working with Sony to get fixed up as quickly as possible. As much as I hate to say it though, there isn't any ETA on how long this will take. I truly wish there was more information that we could offer in this case. =

However, I do have a bit more information on the leaver penalty. I know it's not you physically leaving the game, but there wouldn't be a great way for the system to know if it was a legitimate disconnect or a player just physically unplugging the modem. That being said though, here is the link I was talking about ! It's a bit into it, but it is under "Leaving Games."

- http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20742886413

Overall, I sincerely appreciate you hanging in there with us <3 It truly does mean a lot and if you ever need anything at all in the future, don’t hesitate to ask. We will always at least try to do everything we can to help and have your back. =^.^=
On the upside, Blizzard phone support is really great and quick with the response. The dude was super friendly and a player of the game as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yo gaf, the xp needed to level DOES reset when you prestige. Gwyn just got to 101 and now hes getting levels every game

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you unbox Jester Junkrat as someone who loves Junkrat.

Just bought overwatch and it's nearly done downloading. Is there anything important I should know/ do you have any tips for me going into this? (other than what's in the op)
Thanks

Shahadan

I can't believe how many times I had to dive in the enemy group to kill Mercy as symmetra because no one even tried and kept on getting killed by a mass rez'd group

abundant

General question here: I know "on fire" is sort of a meaningless stat, but I feel like if I'm on fire but our team is losing, I shouldn't be the one to change characters since on fire means you're getting shit done and not dying (or dying infrequently), right?

Hold down the touch pad.

IbukiLordSA

I just can't understand how a team of 30+ people can be so damn useless at this game. I understand you are playing with random people but surely by now you understand how the game is meant to be played? Also why do people insist on running in alone without first seeing who is dead and who they should be waiting for.

And no team will ever need 3 Pharahs it just isn't needed.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I think the lowest gold elims I've gotten was 4. Lowest obj gold I've gotten was 1. Feels bad man lol

"I'm playing like shit. I'm probably the reason we're losing :/ *hits tab* oh.."

Yeah, I was playing like shit since I was learning a new character (Pharah) but that's just ridiculous.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Well while you're not technically wrong (only health insurance or people who treat health as a product to be sold rather than a service have used the caduceus staff as a symbol for health) it is mainly in the US.

Overwatch is supposed to be an agency / organization created at the behest of the UN who along with the bulk of the world officially uses the Rod of Asclepius for it's medical / health agencies / services / units. Why Mercy who is a Swiss (or german?) doctor would even consider using the caduceus instead is very silly.

DEBUNKED

Also I'd like to add that I would have been kind of okay with the caduceus as a symbol because that's about ease of recognition.

However for the name I would have preferred the proper one be used.

Heysoos

Yeah, gonna stop playing Weekly Brawl. Enemy team just kept dying to reroll until they had a good comp. They rerolled and ended up with two Mei, a Reinhart, Lucio and a Mcree.

BigDug13

Yeah, gonna stop playing Weekly Brawl. Enemy team just kept dying to reroll until they had a good comp. They rerolled and ended up with two Mei, a Reinhart, Lucio and a Mcree.

It's great as a forced learning experience in each character, but of course luck of the draw on team comp and staying alive long enough for your ults before they reset on death is happening all over.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I was thinking more of a single payload that spawns in the middle of a symmetrical map, and the goal is to push it to the other teams side of the map. Whoever's side it is on when the time runs out loses.

Thats just a regular KOTH that gives a handicap to whichever team is losing.

jacobs34

I've somehow gotten Lucio's Frog skin and Junkrat's Scarecrow skin before level 40, plus Reapers Nevermore skin. I feel incredibly lucky.

Now I just need one more cash dump and I can get Winston's Explorer skin and have all of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom