• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Last night while Defending on Hollywood, my team had trouble stopping the payload, until I switched to Reinhardt. All I did was hop on the payload and held up my shield. This kept it from advancing, giving my team a chance to fight back. It was a close one, but in the end we won.

I love that feeling where nothing seems to be working, until you make a slight adjustment, then everything starts to click.

DrArchon

I'm not sure which buff I'd give D.Va. She needs something and I'm glad she's confirmed to be getting something, but if I was in charge I'd have a really hard time deciding which buff to give her.

You could get rid of her movement penalty when firing, which makes no sense for a character that's supposed to be a hit & run character that chases down back line fighters and supports. You could buff her defense matrix and her headshot hitbox so she could actually tank. You could buff her main guns so the damage dropoff isn't as appalling as it is right now. You could buff her ult so it isn't as worthless (either by making it easier to get kills with or easier to charge up).

There's a lot they could do to D.Va really.

Grief.exe

144fps/1440p Overwatch

MwQvkeN.png

Crescende

Banned
She's very much a hit and run for some characters and facing a group. I usually try to fuck with enemies as much as possible and then boost away to a health pack. She's also much better with a healer helping her out. Better survivability. In terms of 1v1, she decimates snipers and support if she can get into their faces.

I do agree she needs a bit of a buff to last longer as a tank but I'm having a lot of fun with her current form.

She is a godsend on maps like anubis or hanamura for pubs. I usually charge straight into the objective to loosen up the choke security guard. Im sick of teams fighting at the choke for hours without even trying to break through.

Baliis

Yup it's so frustrating. Especially when you hook em and they land behind you.

Happens like 75% of the time I hook mercy or tracer, it's so frustrating. My aim is already bad enough that I whiff kills all the time when they land in front of me, ending up behind is ass.

I'm not sure which buff I'd give D.Va. She needs something and I'm glad she's confirmed to be getting something, but if I was in charge I'd have a really hard time deciding which buff to give her.

You could get rid of her movement penalty when firing, which makes no sense for a character that's supposed to be a hit & run character that chases down back line fighters and supports. [B[You could buff her defense matrix and her headshot hitbox so she could actually tank. You could buff her main guns so the damage dropoff isn't as appalling as it is right now.[/B] You could buff her ult so it isn't as worthless (either by making it easier to get kills with or easier to charge up).

There's a lot they could do to D.Va really.
These two alone would be fine enough. Her huge hitbox is weird. They make her a tank with 400 armor yet give her this huge hitbox that everyone hits 100% of the time for 2x the damage. Give her a normal sized hitbox and reduce her damage fall-off.

This is similar to my experience before I made my purchase and after.

A lot of Youtubers acted so superior about hero picking (TotalBiscuit would mock people for using certain heroes even when he was the weak-link on a team) and now people really can't even have fun without people complaining (even if it is the opposing team!)

I had so much fun the other day being one of 4 Tracers on my team and we wrecked house--because honestly most people don't know what to do when you have more 3+ of the same character that can flank and annoy.

I bet the other team was complaining about our choice, but we won and had fun.

I come on NeoGAF and I see people complaining about people using multiple heroes to beat them. Like really? Overwatch seems so casual and jump-in-and-play friendly but people are acting like this need to be MLG-pro.

It is a wildly fun game and there are so many solutions available to whatever problem you might encounter regarding the other team. I really love what Blizzard did.

With that said...the MLG mentality is terrible. Although I don't think MLG players would be nearly as childish in the way they handle losing or facing adversity. (at least I hope not)

The last game I played, I was Reinhardt, running for the objective to stand on it before Overtime ran out and I watched two guys on my team a reaper and a soldier 76 simply keep shooting and not bother to approach the point. The soldier not approaching due to his explanation, "There were four guys on the point and I didn't want to lose my streak."

Then he was complaining about the fact that we lost because no one played a healer.

If you know of a consistent group of people that play and aren't selfish children. I'd love to join!

LiK

She is a godsend on maps like anubis or hanamura for pubs. I usually charge straight into the objective to loosen up the choke security guard. Im sick of teams fighting at the choke for hours without even trying to break through.

Yea, boost over some obstacles and get right into the back to the point or try to knock out the turrets and snipers camping the back. I always enjoy doing that cuz some players are completely unprepared for it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Just saw a potg of a losing mcree where he killed 4 people with his ult

and it was immediately followed by mercy rezzing all of them.

So yeah, maybe fix that.

Zemm

Playing in groups is way worse than solo because every fucking idiot thinks they can just pick whatever class they like because "oh we're a group, this'll be an easy steamroll".

abundant

If you know of a consistent group of people that play and aren't selfish children. I'd love to join!
If you're playing on PS4, then come join your fellow Gaffers. I've been playing almost every evening since launch with a rotating group of Gaffers. We play to have fun, so we never get salty and single out a player on our team if we lose.

Playing in groups is way worse than solo because every fucking idiot thinks they can just pick whatever class they like because "oh we're a group, this'll be an easy steamroll".
Anyone who thinks this doesn't realize that when in a group, MMR tries matching you up with another group.

Watching tracers on console is always such a weird experience.

In the 5 minutes I watched, I don't think I saw you recall a single time... that's like... Tracer's strongest ability...

Yeah, I see this happen. Mei on offense... bastion on offense... gah.

Tracer is used more on defense than on offense, which seems incredibly counter intuitive to me
Tracer is one of the go-to desperation switches for contesting a point or a payload as the attackers are about to take it. She's also good for ganking the attacking team's healers.

Zemm

Anyone who thinks this doesn't realize that when in a group, MMR tries matching you up with another group.

exactly, i dunno what games they previously played but I know being in groups in some other stuff like CoD definitely made it easier so I'm guessing they think the same here.

Watching tracers on console is always such a weird experience.

In the 5 minutes I watched, I don't think I saw you recall a single time... that's like... Tracer's strongest ability...

Because I know playing on Lijiang. Stay away from the edge. It also helps that we played Control Center first so it means I can blink back towards our spawn and grab health, get back into the fight.

CoLaN

It honestly seems like a lot of people are obsessed with the meta and pro scene to the point where they cant really enjoy the game, and they end up being toxic.

But, you know, its not a game, its a sport, amiright

Because I know playing on Lijiang. Stay away from the edge. It also helps that we played Control Center first so it means I can blink back towards our spawn and grab health, get back into the fight.

It's way more than just a heal. It lets you play more aggressively, not having to run from every fight, reloads your weapon, and in general just lets you stay in the fight which is good because the time you spend running for a health pack is time you aren't damaging people. I think you're playing Tracer really wrong if you're ignoring that ability

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Seriously, I think I'm just gonna tag team Tracers with a buddy all day, e'ry day. Nobody can seem to handle us unless they pop their ults.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tracer going down is interesting. You'd think with less McCrees and Widowmakers running around she'd be even better but I guess the replacement of McCree with Reaper is enough to suppress her.

My recurring trend of the day: start games strong, then the team seemingly crumples halfway through.
Myself included as I'm usually Zen or Winston and not having your team around is doubly deadly, so many flimsy deaths on ol' Zenny bot when these matches started going south, like a McCree fanning the hammer and what appeared to be one shot stroking my arm equalled a one hit ko (probably numerically impossible even in console land, so two or three in the arm that looked like one?).

On the upside, another two Winston play of the games, I'm really getting the hang of this ape, plus it's nice that they don't involve just popping off an ult.

Grief.exe

My recurring trend of the day: start games strong, then the team seemingly crumples halfway through.
Myself included as I'm usually Zen or Winston and not having your team around is doubly deadly, so many flimsy deaths on ol' Zenny bot when these matches started going south, like a McCree fanning the hammer and what appeared to be one shot stroking my arm equalled a one hit ko (probably numerically impossible even in console land, so two or three in the arm that looked like one?).

On the upside, another two Winston play of the games, I'm really getting the hang of this ape, plus it's nice that they don't involve just popping off an ult.

My guess is the other team is switching up to counter and your team reacting.

cannot stand route 66.

I enjoy Route 66 on defense as Symmetra, because there are lots of nooks and crannies to place unexpected turrets between the start and first checkpoint. I'd say close to a third of all my Symmetra wins are probably Defense on Route 66.

Once you get past the first checkpoint, though, my enthusiasm for the level drops off.

How can you not enjoy the KOTH maps? They're the best part of Overwatch, imo.

My guess is the other team is switching up to counter and your team reacting.

This was definitely the case for one of them, when after a decent run as Winston I suddenly noticed that three reapers had joined the party, safe to say I switched out there as that's a losing battle.

I have to admit, when I'm having a good run as a character and it starts falling apart I can spend way too long reaching the obvious "I should switch" conclusion under the delusion that I can recapture the early game magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom