• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

I really think the Torbjorn problem (at least on the console) would be helped somewhat if it got a range nerf.

There are just some spots where it is really diffficult to plink down without being in its range, and when you have two in lots of matches (5 is rare but 2 is getting more and more common from where I'm standing) it's not a lot of fun to deal with.

Yeah. The loading screen tip says that it only has a range of 40 meters, but that's a massive amount of distance and there are tons of places where the only way to get LoS on the turret is to get within that 40 meters.

Either nerf the range or nerf the speed at which it locks on to targets. The turret shouldn't be sniping dudes from across the map that dare to poke their head out from around a corner. You can buff the fire rate to make it better up close if you want, but I think it does too well at distance.

Why do people sometimes fly up in the air instead of being pinned when you charge? Is it when you don't get the aim right?

i jump off the side so it's not a direct hit and i don't get pinned. unless they steer the same direction as i am which ends up me being pinned.

also just steer right when you see me. i always jump to my left when a rein comes after me lol.

Do people not understand the definition of group up?

does it show visual cues on screen like an arrow when a player use the group up command? i haven't really checked it but it would be nice if it didn't just in case i try to go there and everyone is being attacked i pull out.

LiK

does it show visual cues on screen like an arrow when a player use the group up command? i haven't really checked it but it would be nice if it didn't just in case i try to go there and everyone is being attacked i pull out.
Yes, shows an icon above the head of the guy who shouted Group Up like the other commands.

It shows the little group up symbol above the person who used it.

ah okay. you think i would have noticed it by now. all i see is the voice line icon. lol
but for real. but the time i realize and make my way there everyone's dead. and sometimes i can't tell if someone is legit wanting to group or some random hanzo wanting people to go near him.

Blizzard

Banned
On another note, is the Widowmaker "Smooth as Silk" achievement glitched? It involves being airborne as Widowmaker and killing with a headshot. I thought that would be nearly impossible, especially after the charge nerf.

However, I was standing and shot someone on the ground from Reinhardt ult, and apparently I got the achievement. Unless I happened to get bumped at that precise second by some other player, it was odd.
Just checking again if anyone else got this achievement in a weird way.

yes, Gaf says a lot of things :p

Because it's true?

http://www.pcgamesn.com/overwatch/overwatch-loot-legendary-skin-chance

You will never go more than 24 boxes without an Overwatch legendary drop

Across every video we watched, the longest gap between legendaries was 24. On the 25th box a Legendary was opened, be it a skin or credits. We also saw a couple opened in the 24 slot, suggesting that, as with Hearthstone, the chance of opening a legendary scales upwards as it nears the maximum. This is called a pity timer, and the Overwatch pity timer is set at 25.

We also kept track of this for epics, and observed that it was never past the 10th, with several opened in the 8-9 slot.

This is the worst game ever when you are solo queuing and you lose 3 games for every one you win. Like you can try to have the smallest bit of fun or enjoyment in these games but you will fail.

vypek

Just checking again if anyone else got this achievement in a weird way.

It seems people get it in odd ways. I thought you had to pull yourself up with her grappling hook and fly in the air and then get it but apparently it just checks for falling after the headshot lands. So some people get it by walking off a ledge while doing a headshot.

vareon

Playing in a group tonight. Got obliterated with 5 D.Vas and 1 Lucio on Anubis defend because we spent too much time trying to think the counter.

On Anubis Attack, enemy team tried 5 Reinharts but two well-timed Missile Barrage on each points did the job.

Then Hanamura attack, they defended with Symmetras and Torbjorns. We lost in point B because we can't kill the turrets quick enough :/

DrArchon

Their wraith form escapes are equally tired and annoying as Mei's ice block.

It's pretty easy to follow Reaper when he's in wraith form though. Unless you're Junkrat, the moment Mei leaves her ice block she's safe because she throws up a wall and you can't chase her.

Reaper is also incredibly slow outside of wraith form and it doesn't last long. Chasing down a wounded Reaper isn't hard I find.

The Reaper escapes feel way more annoying to me because they include movement.

As much as Reaper's escapes are annoying, he's also the character I enjoy denying/killing the most because of it. Last night I had my favorite Reaper denial moment of the game so far - I put down a Winston bubble right before Reaper wraithed in and popped his ult. He went off right in the center of my bubble and my entire team just watched him shout Die Die Die from outside of it and then murdered him.

It was glorious.

Kamion

As much as Reaper's escapes are annoying, he's also the character I enjoy denying/killing the most because of it. Last night I had my favorite Reaper denial moment of the game so far - I put down a Winston bubble right before Reaper wraithed in and popped his ult. He went off right in the center of my bubble and my entire team just watched him shout Die Die Die from outside of it and then murdered him.

It was glorious.

Winston is amazing when played well, I can't with him, but I played against and with some great Winstons and it results in some incredible moments.
I wish I was better at him, gotta practice going Ape.

LiK

Haha haha everyone go Mei haha haha this is so funny hahaha

Fuck off putting me into these shitty gimmick teams

Had an enemy team go full Genji. Really annoying. They eventually settled with 3 Genjis cuz the other guys switched. Thankfully, we denied them the Payload at the end.

Symphonic

Had an enemy team go full Genji. Really annoying. They eventually settled with 3 Genjis cuz the other guys switched. Thankfully, we denied them the Payload at the end.

This happened to me yesterday. I then learned that Winston counters Genji.

I hate Reaper. I hate Reaper so much.

Salt because I got wrecked by Reapers earlier :p

I'm glad I got over my annoyance at Reaper's grimdark edginess and started trying him out, because I've really managed to figure out his utility and have a lot of fun with him. Had a match on Hanamura where the attacking team chased us back to B, and kept coming in through the second story windows at the front. After a while of barely holding, I switched to Reaper and started patrolling the balcony, wasting anyone who poked their head in through one of those windows. Helped us get the win, and never got old blasting fools.

Still have trouble pulling off his ult. correctly, though. I probably get too impatient and tend to use it when either I'm hitting one person only, or I'm too far away and end up getting blasted while I'm spinning like an idiot. Need to work on my timing.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Winston is amazing when played well, I can't with him, but I played against and with some great Winstons and it results in some incredible moments.
I wish I was better at him, gotta practice going Ape.

Agree, I have been playing him almost exclusively for the last week, and I finally understand him and I'm having a blast. Leap behind and get those snipers or healers, support the front and deploy those bubbles, disruption at its best. The only hero I avoid one on one is Diva, do yourself a favor and just leap away.

My friend and I ran dual Mei's on Hanamura defense. Most hilarious game I ever played. They never got through to the first point. We kept spamming our ice walls in the main gate while the rest made sure pharahs didn't get through the other hole. The ice walls would also isolate people who were too far forward for easy picking. There was so much salt at the end it was amazing. I even got potg with my ult, froze the entire enemy team for the slaughter.

Mei is for trolling.

I don't have any achievements that I'm actively going for, like I did with Tracer's bomb.

There are certain ones that I think will just come with playing that character a ton and then letting random chance take over, like with Junkrat C4ing someone into a trap.

And then there's that elusive Roadhog one where he needs to knock two people to their death with a single use of his Ult. I can't tell you how many times I've actually done this but it didn't count because Lucio died of damage on his way down.

Zemm

All of the Mei's were on my team and it was just awful to play with so I happily took the L with leaving.

RemiLP

Agree, I have been playing him almost exclusively for the last week, and I finally understand him and I'm having a blast. Leap behind and get those snipers or healers, support the front and deploy those bubbles, disruption at its best. The only hero I avoid one on one is Diva, do yourself a favor and just leap away.

Should probably stay away from reaper aswell. He does quick work of me atleast when i play Winston.

It's pretty easy to follow Reaper when he's in wraith form though. Unless you're Junkrat, the moment Mei leaves her ice block she's safe because she throws up a wall and you can't chase her.

Reaper is also incredibly slow outside of wraith form and it doesn't last long. Chasing down a wounded Reaper isn't hard I find.

Depends entirely on the situation though - he can wraith to nearby health or wraith back towards the safety of his team. I don't mind the move itself too much but I think it's the quick cooldown that's a problem, feels like a braindead reset button if the Reaper player stumbles into any situations he doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom