• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

Problem with Mei and Genji are that if they get buffed, they could easily go from shitty to stupid pretty quick. Genji might not be as bad but Mei could easily go over that line without careful adjustments.

Mei is less of a playmaker and more a stage setter.. The kind of insight and play to make full use of that can be pretty hard to find. If the team isn't aware of that possibility so they can take full advantage, it gets wasted as well.

eek5

i don't get the "toggle guardian angel" option

Right now if you hit shift and start GA and hit shift again it will cancel it. If toggle is off you have to keep shift held down and you'll guardian angel to your teammate as long as it is held down. This is better for oh-shit situations because I'm imagining you can hold shift down and target towards a teammate and as soon as GA is available you'll start zipping towards them until you let off shift.

no that's angelic descent i think

GA is the ult

Descent is holding jump so you slowly float down (passive). Guardian angel is zip to your teammates (shift cooldown ability). Resurrect is ultimate

i don't get the "toggle guardian angel" option

I assume it's hold to Guardian Angel, and let go to cancel. So if you only want to fly part of the way to your target, you have that option. I think? you might already be able to cancel GA by jumping.

EDIT: never mind, look above this post, hit GA again to cancel.

Spinluck

It's way more than just a heal. It lets you play more aggressively, not having to run from every fight, reloads your weapon, and in general just lets you stay in the fight which is good because the time you spend running for a health pack is time you aren't damaging people. I think you're playing Tracer really wrong if you're ignoring that ability

Well it helps that he had a good Lucio and the team play was solid overall.

I guess some Tracers are different, but I haven't seen one as safe as his. I'm high risk reward as fuck with her lol and I usually always find an opening for her ult ASAP because I feel like I can get it back really fast.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That feel when you didn't know about Angelic Descent or cancelling Guardian Angel.

Kind of interesting to see so much more Roadhog after the Widow/McCree nerfs. Especially after the McCree nerfs if you really think about it, since you don't lose your entire HP bar in half of a second

Grief.exe

Kind of interesting to see so much more Roadhog after the Widow/McCree nerfs. Especially after the McCree nerfs if you really think about it, since you don't lose your entire HP bar in half of a second

Roadhog such a fun class to play too, I'd love to watch some professional play to get some tips.

imo the meta is shitty right now though

Rein and Mercy nearly a hard requirement regardless of map of game type, which i guess is fine

but the B tier hero's are pretty disappointing, and something as fun and dynamic as Genji in D tier, and Mei in F tier (lol)

you have some pretty significant problems when your most interesting hero's don't have a certain viability in competitive play

I don't find Mei that fun or dynamic, myself.

Zarya and Roadhog are, to me. Roadhog is one of my favorites. I had a game with 92% hook accuracy on the MVP card but I didn't screenshot it so it might as well have not happened.

Roadhog such a fun class to play too, I'd love to watch some professional play to get some tips.

Professional? Just watch me. ( •_•)>⌐■-■

Anyway, here's a screenshot of one of my absolute favorite team comps: 2x Roadhog + Mercy

Donald_Trump8217s_Kids_Rush_to-c6a8057dbc45a5b6d134cf48ba05a881

Mupod

You'd think more Roadhog and removing Widow 1HKO bodyshots would have made Zenyatta more popular.

In my own experience though the Widows and McCrees were mostly replaced by a somehow even bigger Genji army.

Kenstar

The tiebreaker round in competitive is a joke, favors defense waaay too much

TWO MINUTES to break through their shit? and they STILL get their minute of prep. It can take 30 sec to realize they're running a 5 torb defense and then you have 90 seconds to defeat it and cap or you lose, Grade A Extra Fancy bullshit

Ramirez

When you hook someone with Roadhog, do you want to aim at the center of their chest or head? So many times I hook someone and do little damage despite them being inches from me, kills me. Also hate how it'll sometimes hook them to the side or behind you, lol.

Mupod

This was definitely the case for one of them, when after a decent run as Winston I suddenly noticed that three reapers had joined the party, safe to say I switched out there as that's a losing battle.

I have to admit, when I'm having a good run as a character and it starts falling apart I can spend way too long reaching the obvious "I should switch" conclusion under the delusion that I can recapture the early game magic.

"I'll switch after I use my ult" then I either die before I get a chance or I survive just long enough to get another 75% ult and the process continues.

I run into this a lot as Reinhardt with bad teams. It's even worse with him because I tend to survive some crazy stuff and keep on trucking. But if your team isn't using the shield or killing enemies you are a big waste of space. I need to more quickly identify when it's time to swap to Winston or Zarya.

DrArchon

When you hook someone with Roadhog, do you want to aim at the center of their chest or head? So many times I hook someone and do little damage despite them being inches from me, kills me. Also hate how it'll sometimes hook them to the side or behind you, lol.

I've learned to walk forward just a step while firing with Roadhog after I've hooked someone. I'm not sure if it helps or not, but I feel like it does. I personally aim for center mass just to land as many shots as I can, but I'm probably doing it wrong.

I aim towards the neck area usually. His shotgun sprays with a decent spread, so if you aim directly at the head too many of the pellets go to the sides or above the head. If you directly aim at the torso however, then you won't get enough headshots. The neck is a better balance in my experience, but it depends on how low on health they are too. I could be doing it completely wrong though :p

That said, depending on hook shenanigans and latency it might not matter and they get away no matter what.

In my experience the tiebreaker is heavily weighted in the attackers' favor. The spawn is so much closer, and with two well coordinated teams, the offense should almost always have the advantage. I have yet to win one on defense.

Grief.exe

I've learned to walk forward just a step while firing with Roadhog after I've hooked someone. I'm not sure if it helps or not, but I feel like it does. I personally aim for center mass just to land as many shots as I can, but I'm probably doing it wrong.

Walk forward, aim for the head, then melee.

You should be able to kill a 200 health hero with no headshots. Just aim for their chests. Verify on the training dummies

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The console version aim assist is hot garbage and has led to me missing kills so many god Dann times. And you can't even turn it off
Oh that tracer blinked across the map in your cross hair? Let me spin you 45 degrees

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There's aim assist? I barely notice it.
I've had a moment where I was killing a turret and trob walked from one side of it to the other and peeled the cross hair off it

I've had a genji dash across in front of me as I was going for a head shot on another target only for my cross hair to be pulled away to the side at a almost 90 degree turn

Zaventem

Has anyone on console changed the jump button to L3? Is it worth it or is changing it to a bumper better?

I changed to bumper jumper early on(with the exception of soldier and tracer) and it's been working great. I've seen a few people prefer L3 in this thread though. Might be harder for you to break your button pattern if you're now deciding to switch though.

Frostburn

Haha I find a lot of people that bitch on forums about being banned unfairly are just mad they got caught either cheating or being an asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom