• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

Up until you face a Soldier 76 that kills you over and over again and you'll become a hindrance to your team.

Has to be a soilder thats not half asleep.

Most players aparently don't make it their main priority to deal with specific characters. I've played games where the soldier on the enemy team let the egyptain queen have her way on both sides. Had a king of the hill where our soilder refused to focus exclusively on the Pharah to the point that they started running doubles. I was on Lucio unfortunately...

Can I level up in the PTR?

I'm level 20 and was wondering if I should hit 25 before moving over and trying competitive?

Do competitive matches grant you EXP still, or is it just the Blizzard Bucks?

stuff that happens in PTR won't carry over. and they are using an earlier snapshot of your account. i was lvl 76 on PTR. 86 in real life. so most likely you'll have to lvl up some more to get to 25 (i could be rong on this)

Your level on PTR is what level you were at when they copied the database over. So you might be a lower level on PTR compared to live servers. You'll never to level up to 25 on PTR which won't carry over to live.

kabel

Taking care of your children and watching them succeed is very rewarding

This x1000

Everytime I revive 3 or 4 people and we turn the game it feels like nothing else in the game.

SIqRocS.jpg

no ragrets

The following only applies to PC:

Torb needs a complete rework. He is just completely unviable against a team with any slight form of communication. Most torbs end up staying way far back and building constantly only for the turret to be destroyed with ease seconds after. This means we don't see a lot of armor most of the time either. It has gotten to the point where in Comp matches the team with the torb loses 90% of the time.

I'd propose first off increasing the time to lock on auto aim by .2 seconds or so. Just enough time to peek on it easier and destroy it solo easier. However, Torb needs options. Maybe give him the option to, also engie, build an additional level one turret instantly. Have him sacrifice 25% meter to do this. The turret could be perm level one, but would encourage more mid to front line Torbs. It would completely change defensive options and make him viable while still being easy to deal with.

hero stacks are another issue, and I'd recommend rolling damage drop offs for 3 or more of one hero.

Zomba13

Weekly is once again pure shit. Oh, it's defence only? SNIPERSNIPERSNIPERSNIPER. Like, we're attacking, can we not go 4 snipers deep? Please? I know we have a limited pool but Bastion can be quite good with his self heal and gun, like a mini Soldier! Junkrat is good at getting those torb turrets down! C'mon! Don;t just stake the usual "gott have all the snipers!" mentality up to 11...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Overwatch leavers could face serious penalties in competitive mode

"Repeatedly leaving games will result in a 75 [percent] penalty to XP earned," the pop-up reads. The message appears upon leaving a game during the competitive beta, according to players.

Blizzard takes it further from there: "Additionally, you can be suspended from competitive play for increasing periods of time, up to receiving a ban for the entire season."

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/22/12006324/overwatch-competitive-play-mode-penalties-leaving

kabel

Isn't a disconnect a leave in quick play? They will probably keep it the same or else you could kill your internet connection in ranked and be fine.

Oh, yes, you're right.

I guess it's me/my ISP? Or do you have disconnets too?(rarely, but it happens)

Torb needs a complete rework. He is just completely unviable against a team with any slight form of communication. Most torbs end up staying way far back and building constantly only for the turret to be destroyed with ease seconds after. This means we don't see a lot of armor most of the time either. It has gotten to the point where in Comp matches the team with the torb loses 90% of the time.

I'd propose first off increasing the time to lock on auto aim by .2 seconds or so. Just enough time to peek on it easier and destroy it solo easier. However, Torb needs options. Maybe give him the option to, also engie, build an additional level one turret instantly. Have him sacrifice 25% meter to do this. The turret could be perm level one, but would encourage more mid to front line Torbs. It would completely change defensive options and make him viable while still being easy to deal with.

hero stacks are another issue, and I'd recommend rolling damage drop offs for 3 or more of one hero.

I think torb is appropriately low tiered. It's not because he is particularly weak either, which is a good thing.

Also, hell no to second turret. And they'd never do that because of stacking and they would never do your solution either because it's just both weird and hard to communicate what is actually happening there and why.

Also keep in mind, there will always be a lower tier in the game. I am happy torb occupies one of those slots and not an interesting skillful hero like tracer.

I don't understand how leaving works in ranked. Apparently one time it shut the game down and no one got a win or a loss. Next time someone in my group got kicked for AFK and it said we could leave without penalty with a timer, but he reconnected and we ended up winning.

If you can just skip matches against a particular team, that's bad. There has to be a penalty even for disconnects I think.

I don't understand how leaving works in ranked. Apparently one time it shut the game down and no one got a win or a loss. Next time someone in my group got kicked for AFK and it said we could leave without penalty with a timer, but he reconnected and we ended up winning.
I think it shuts down if the game hasn't started (or has barely started). Otherwise it leaves the spot blank and lets them reconnect if they're able.

Honestly, I like everything about competitive except for the unforgivably stupid coin flip.

Prelude.

I can't even play right now and I don't know why. The same thing happened yesterday, but my connection seems fine.
I keep lagging and getting disconnected. The last two happened as soon as I died. Stuck a few seconds and then kicked out.

I remember playing the beta with an awful, congested connection and I never even lagged.

Ramirez

If you get disconnected in Competitive, does it refill your slot, or can you join back in once your connection is back up? I got booted from 2 games last night, but my internet was fine.

scottnak

I don't understand how it's even possible to have fun playing as Mercy but I'm glad some people like it. A decent Mercy is the difference between a win or a loss a lot of the time.

Also helps knowing if I was the one on offense / moving around / trying to kill people that I'd do so much worse.

Much rather let me help you kill more!

I think it shuts down if the game hasn't started (or has barely started). Otherwise it leaves the spot blank and lets them reconnect if they're able.

Honestly, I like everything about competitive except for the unforgivably stupid coin flip.

we should do rock paper scissor and let someone pick from each side. lol

give you like 5 second to each decide which to pick.

I'm not the biggest fan of the coin flip, but it also didn't feel like it was that imbalanced either. Attackers almost always have the advantage under normal circumstances. But under a 2 minute timer, it seems much much closer than under normal circumstances. I think people gotta get used to attacking with a 2 minute timer, or defending with a 2 minute timer, before really condemning the system.

Also, doesn't help that it is actually a coin flip, like they knew people were gonna call it a coin flip so they made it a coin flip.

Personally I would let the team that set the best time choose vote for offense or defense.

MUnited83

For you.

Good lord no torbs are already annoying enough. If the torb knows to play at least half decently they will put it on a location where its hard to reach and where they can continously repair it behind a wall

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wow im watching a streamer right now who has already 2 prestige stars and is level 46.

2016-06-2222_40_25-moygr9v.png

Crazy.

OW pro players gonna start studying Competitive RPS for these scenarios.

I like it

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Torbjorn at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on ISP priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Kyzon

Where are the Xbone players? Wanna party up?
I don't mind your skill level, It's just fun to win and lose with partners :)

GT: Kyzon Xin

Shouta

Not a lot of Torbs put real thought behind where to place their turrets which is why he isn't nearly as effective as he could be. Additionally, most teams don't play with the turret in mind either. It's easy to pick off solo but if your team is working in tandem with the turret, it's much more powerful.

He's a lot like Mei. He requires team coordination to be most effective which means he hardly ever gets to shine. Torb becomes a big threat when that occurs though. So I don't think giving him more tools would be a good idea. Maybe increasing survival/damage a little bit might help but the problem lays more so in the play than the character itself.

Hyun Sai

I agree with those recommending MoonMoon, and he's got a big advantage : no camera. I really don't give a shit about seeing the streamer hiding part of the screen.

Wow im watching a streamer right now who has already 2 prestige stars and is level 46.

2016-06-2222_40_25-moygr9v.png

Crazy.

I ran into a match with a two star Mei and a Korean name. I lost connection to the server before the match even started, but they added me as a friend for some reason.

230 hours as Mei, and that's the only character that has over an hour played. Thats crazy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom