• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucked

This is glorious.

myereqQh.jpg

the less people like him, the more enjoyable the community.

And people who refuse to change characters need to stop criticizing people who do change. You may know what is needed but even if you're desperate for a healer, if someone is shitty with it and not having fun then let them be something they might put an ounce of effort into.

Finally hit 100 wins with 99 losses, not bad as the bulk of it has been solo queuing

I'm leaning towards junkrat as my all round pick, I just need to programme in throwing mines/traps

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This is glorious.

myereqQh.jpg

I really wish they'd implement a system where it tells you when someone you reported gets banned and for what (being toxic, cheating, etc). Even if they randomly tell you as to not tip off cheat makers.

Competitive payload is based on points captured rather than stopwatch mode? And the 3rd round is determined by a coinflip? This seems incredibly stupid, considering how increasingly difficult it is to win on defense.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Do people not understand the definition of group up?

I've been seeing this a lot since I started playing. People running one by one in single file toward where the entire opposing team is waiting to mow them down rather than waiting and letting everyone gather.

It's just silly. I'll even go tank and say that and people don't listen. Granted I'm new and get grouped with a lot of people below lvl 10, so I'm hoping it gets better later. T_T

nOoblet16

I can't log into the game...wtf.

Also is competitive play up for EU folks today or does that come tomorrow? Since all EU updates are a day late.

Kamion

I've been seeing this a lot since I started playing. People running one by one in single file toward where the entire opposing team is waiting to mow them down rather than waiting and letting everyone gather.

It's just silly. I'll even go tank and say that and people don't listen. Granted I'm new and get grouped with a lot of people below lvl 10, so I'm hoping it gets better later. T_T

It doesn't. I had so many Anubis matches today where I went in as Zarya, instead of grouping up with me (I used the emotes and Graviton Surge was ready) everyone just went in one by one and got slaughtered by the Torb D:

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Competitive payload is based on points captured rather than stopwatch mode? And the 3rd round is determined by a coinflip? This seems incredibly stupid, considering how increasingly difficult it is to win on defense.
Tiebreaker should be Nepal: Sanctum irregardless of prior map, with half respawn time.

I'm only serious about the first part.

Well it helps that he had a good Lucio and the team play was solid overall.

I guess some Tracers are different, but I haven't seen one as safe as his. I'm high risk reward as fuck with her lol and I usually always find an opening for her ult ASAP because I feel like I can get it back really fast.

Yeah, I play mostly a hit run style from the periphery. Take a few shots, blink out and find another target to harass. Never take an enemy head on.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Things that are more effective than they should be:
Torb on the nepal map inside the temple.
If you set up your turret right on the corner of the outer ring you get full vision on 75% of the map which leads to tons of kills and since people are too busy team fighting on the point to notice you.

Over lunch, I had time for exactly one match. Of course, it's Nepal. Instabummed.

2 people on my team are over rank 100. They both pick Genji. We proceed to lose spectacularly. They both quit before the next round starts. I've got medals in every category at this point as Roadhog.

2 more people join. They're both in their 50's. We stomp the team so hard that we are basically spawn camping them from even entering the Sanctum, taking it 100-0. The next round was a lot more fun, with us winning in Overtime 100-99.

It's almost like rank means jack shit in this game, and bad picks are bad picks and bad players are bad players.

Rank doesn't mean anything other than you play the game more than someone else. I've been absolutely terrorized by lvl 30 Tracers and Genjis and had the absolute most useless 100+ Widowmakers and Torbs you can imagine. It's a crap shoot.

Things that are more effective than they should be:
Torb on the nepal map inside the temple.
If you set up your turret right on the corner of the outer ring you get full vision on 75% of the map which leads to tons of kills and since people are too busy team fighting on the point to notice you.

Creative turret placement man. People act like it's just no skill, but there is a certain sensibility to where you place turrets, when to move locations, and how to plan your attack. :D gotta think "where would a turret placement be a huge pain for the other team to deal with"

You'd be surprised how often "next to the enemy spawn" works. To the left of the cafe on Route 66, behind the stairs works well, it's awkward to spot and destroy.

nOoblet16

Public Test Realm
Public Test Realm.

Cheers..I googled it myself just a min ago.
You go to the region dropdown in the Battle.net client and install the PTR version. Bear in mind all servers for it are in the U.S., so if you are in Europe you will have even more "tick rate" to complain about than usual!

I see you want to beat a dead horse...no matter how many times I've told you in the past that I am more than well versed in how networking works in games.
So could you just get lost for now and come back maybe a month or two later to beat it again.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It doesn't. I had so many Anubis matches today where I went in as Zarya, instead of grouping up with me (I used the emotes and Graviton Surge was ready) everyone just went in one by one and got slaughtered by the Torb D:

This makes me sad. Getting in matches where people don't play as a team are so frustrating and defeats the purpose of it being a team-based game.

I had a match last night where I went as Mercy and no one had my back. Had a Genji and Reaper just waltz past the rest of my team and kill me over and over. Eventually gave up, and went Bastion, picking people off from a safe distance. People complained that there was no healer, but at that point I didn't care. Oddly, things went a lot better after that as well. =S

vypek

probably when comp hits. it's probably easier to deploy patches then. don't they have to go through cert with microsoft/sony?

Oh yeah. And you have to pay for cert, right? I guess it is easier for them to do patches with a feature in one big update rather than continuous updates. Hope they release it soon. I know PC will get it first (maybe at the end of the month) but I'd like consoles to be not too far after

Can I level up in the PTR?

I'm level 20 and was wondering if I should hit 25 before moving over and trying competitive?

Do competitive matches grant you EXP still, or is it just the Blizzard Bucks?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
People must understand that you don't have a "main" in Overwatch, changing your hero is an integral part of the game.

Bu... but Pharah is bae. :3
I don't understand how it's even possible to have fun playing as Mercy but I'm glad some people like it. A decent Mercy is the difference between a win or a loss a lot of the time.
I reaaaally healin' my team.
It also changes the game dynamics completely, because you gotta follow your whole team and keep away from harm.

R0ckman

I'm not sure about competetive mode, looking at PTR videos it looks like there are some slight tweaks here and there based on the mode, but with the higher chance of group play and mics. I'm sure depending in the rewards the same problems will overtake this mode as well.

Ult rushes at the point towards the last 30 secs plus or minus a Mercy ult, its almost routine.

tanooki27

I don't understand how it's even possible to have fun playing as Mercy but I'm glad some people like it. A decent Mercy is the difference between a win or a loss a lot of the time.

your second sentence there shows an understanding of how it's possible to have fun playing as Mercy

eek5

Taking care of your children and watching them succeed is very rewarding

Up until you face a Soldier 76 that kills you over and over again and you'll become a hindrance to your team.

Pharah is still workable if there's higher ground to take advantage of and being smart with corners/cover. Hovering out in the open is a bad idea in general unless you have the element of surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom