• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? yesterday someone went 7-3 and got 47

Your win/loss record isn't the sole determinant of your rank. Who you played also gets factored in. So if you win nine placement games against a bunch of scrubs and lose your tenth to an okay team, you're going to get a low rank anyways.

Gryph

really? yesterday someone went 7-3 and got 47

The system takes your personal performance into account. How it determines that is a bit of a mystery though...

Seems like if you're the star player, you'll be vested into a higher rank. If you won all your matches, but you were the weak link, you won't start off as high...

For example, Seagull lost 3 games in his qualifiers, but started at 69. Ster, (who is also quite good) only lost two matches in his qualifiers, but started at 67. [Pretty sure those are right, I can't go back and check the VODs ATM.]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
CllrMYcXIAAGHOX.jpg

posted I assume?

The system takes your personal performance into account. How it determines that is a bit of a mystery though...

Seems like if you're the star player, you'll be vested into a higher rank. If you won all your matches, but you were the weak link, you won't start off as high...

For example, Seagull lost 3 games in his qualifiers, but started at 69. Ster, (who is also quite good) only lost two matches in his qualifiers, but started at 67. [Pretty sure those are right, I can't go back and check the VODs ATM.]

How have healers been placing so far?

Vacant

Neo Member
I went 6-4 with one loss coming from leaving a winning game in which two of my teammates left. I received the loss even though there was a giant red box stating that there would be no penalty for leaving. Also, I was gold in 2-4 categories every game, my avg time on fire was 3 minutes, my average elims was 48. Skill rating 45. Seems broken. I literally carried every game we won.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Zarya is such an odd one for me. Some games i feel like an unstoppable wrecking ball with her. Some games i feel like I'm contributing absolutely nothing. Still can't get totally consistent with her.

Zarya is such an odd one for me. Some games i feel like an unstoppable wrecking ball with her. Some games i feel like I'm contributing absolutely nothing. Still can't get totally consistent with her.

Same, it's frustrating. I think people are getting smarter about not shooting the bubbles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That looks really good. Is it per skin or 1 golden gun per hero?

No idea I saw that on MFpallytime's twitter. Also why are people doing placement matches on PTR. Or well, I guess to test it, but some of you guys seem to be talking like its final or something (like you are upset when its PTR and doesnt matter)

jackdoe

Haha. Just got accused of aimbotting in the weekly brawl. That is the highest compliment, though I didn't play a particularly impressive game as Widowmaker.

Zarya shields are like chess moves. Like you either shoot this shield or you are dead anyway. If they can just not shoot the shield and wait without any down side then you shouldn't shield. Bastion is such a good combo with Zarya because of this. If they ignore Bastion for a couple of seconds they are dead.

Antiwhippy

Same, it's frustrating. I think people are getting smarter about not shooting the bubbles.

Hmm, don't really have a problem with that yet, but i mostly bubble in the middle of firefights.

I dunno, most characters i can find a middle ground of mediocrity with the highs and lows, but with her it's all highs or lows.

golem

Was having a good back and forth with my team of 3 vs another team of 3 but then one round they busted out 3 Torbjorns on us. That's just dishonorable, had to leave the game lol

Hanzo would be a bit more okay if they fixed the hitboxes on his arrows
and removed the scattershot from the game because fuck killcams where I find out he had zero idea I was there and got the lucky headshot

Scattershot doesn't do headshot damage unless it was the original arrow before it scattered.

peakish

Watching the Gosugamers tournament it's ridiculous how fights center so hard around Mercy's ult. Pharahs are almost suicide diving to kill her at the beginning of fights. I'm not the biggest proponents of nerfs but it's not very fun to see many fights coming down to a single character.

bigedole

I would never play the game again if this happened to me.

I've got it beat. I had a game that ended literally moments before I finished destroying a 3rd teleported. I was playing Mercy, the other team was doing awful most of the payload push. I stumbled upon their first teleporter randomly, hunted down the second and was shooting the 3rd as my team finished pushing the objective. I was pretty sad about it :p

Zaventem

Watching the Gosugamers tournament it's ridiculous how fights center so hard around Mercy's ult. Pharahs are almost suicide diving to kill her at the beginning of fights. I'm not the biggest proponents of nerfs but it's not very fun to see many fights coming down to a single character.

Only two of the 3 heal supports actually see competitive play so I don't really mind. Maybe in the future when more supports get they'll have to look at the roster for pick diversity.

Antiwhippy

Scattershot doesn't do headshot damage unless it was the original arrow before it scattered.

It is kinda bullshit that he can one shot people by aiming at the ground though.

I don't think Hanzo is strong enough for a nerf but god i just don't like how he plays.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Playing against Hanzo:

Run into a room
Suddenly dead
Turns out Hanzo shot a Scattershot into the room completely and totally randomly

Leave the spawn area to get to the fight
Suddenly dead
Turns out Hanzo shot his ult way in the back and it grazed you for 200 damage just before it ran out

SeemsGood

Prelude.

Man, fuck this. I got booted out twice right when the game ended and it even crashed a server once or something, still at the end of the game. Now it's unplayable again because of the lag. What the hell.

Maximo

Rumours there might be exclusive skins that can only be obtained by either using Ranked Points or if you the top 100 players for the season. Im hoping if thats the case they do allow the skins to be put into loot boxes once that season is over, to allow us that don't have the skill or time to also get them.

Support characters seem to get less points according to Ster.

That's a good way to encourage people to play supports /s

I was wondering about that earlier, it kind of sucks if it's true. I don't understand why every character doesn't receive equal points, at least theoretically. You have to have a healer to run a good team, and if everyone is gunning to increase their own rank as much as possible, I'm afraid it's going to make it even harder to find good dedicated heals in comp placements, if not Comp itself.

Also, I'm kind of 'John'ing here, but I played Lucio through 8/10 of my placements, and the others were Rein. If I would've known... I would have been part of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom