• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tempted to buy some loot boxes.
I've never taken part in microtransactions before.
Help me.

27774599406_62c3dd9b52_c.jpg

Help me.

This game was my first time taking part in microtransactions. I've bought 22 lootboxes (11x2) and plan to buy no more. I honestly thought it was worth it considering how much I've been playing this game. I got a couple of legendaries and quite a bit of money. Basically: I have everything I want right now.

MrNelson

Banned
Weekly is once again pure shit. Oh, it's defence only? SNIPERSNIPERSNIPERSNIPER. Like, we're attacking, can we not go 4 snipers deep? Please? I know we have a limited pool but Bastion can be quite good with his self heal and gun, like a mini Soldier! Junkrat is good at getting those torb turrets down! C'mon! Don;t just stake the usual "gott have all the snipers!" mentality up to 11...

There's a limit of two on all the heroes in the brawl.

Unless you're including Hanzo as well.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Repeated leaving of ranked matches should have huge penalties.

CSGO for example, if you abandon multiple games in a row you get a 30 minute ban, and then if you keep doing it after that you get a 6 hour ban, all the way up to 7 days.

The occasional disconnect or whatever won't screw you over, you'd have to literally leave 90% of your games played in your past 20 games to get a 7 day ban.

eek5

Help me.

Do it man. No regrets.
probably a lot of regrets

CSGO for example, if you abandon multiple games in a row you get a 30 minute ban, and then if you keep doing it after that you get a 6 hour ban, all the way up to 7 days.

The occasional disconnect or whatever won't screw you over, you'd have to literally leave 90% of your games played in your past 20 games to get a 7 day ban.

You'll get banned from competitive for the season if you leave too many games.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You'll get banned from competitive for the season if you leave too many games.

That's pretty good incentive to stay for the remainder of the match, the last thing we need is salty people who queue up and then abandon when they're getting mad and then screwing over 5 other people who are trying hard.

I really hope the reports sent from test are being reviewed. Had the worst asshole I've met going off with racial slurs and calling players autistic and telling them to kill themselves.

R0ckman

Is Blizzard slowly slipping in new match lines in updates?

I heard a new one where Tracer asks Mei if she is fine in those clothes and she responds by saying "No... But its too late to change..."

I wonder if some are more likely than others. So tired of the Rein poster one.

JustinBB7

Wow, pretty pissed. I destroyed 3 symmetra teleporters and didn't get the achievement. I killed one with Dva ult, 1 in mech suit and 1 out of mech suit, maybe that screwed me over?

I think torb is appropriately low tiered. It's not because he is particularly weak either, which is a good thing.

Also, hell no to second turret. And they'd never do that because of stacking and they would never do your solution either because it's just both weird and hard to communicate what is actually happening there and why.

Also keep in mind, there will always be a lower tier in the game. I am happy torb occupies one of those slots and not an interesting skillful hero like tracer.

I don't think that just because there will always be a low tier, we shouldn't try to fix it to make things more even. I am a bit confused as to why the second turret would make things hard to communicate. It would just be a small battle turret to make torb appear and help hold the lines if he had to. It would also give Torb an excuse to go scrap hunting, as he could deal with a couple of enemies long enough to get away and still collect a bit. As it is, once his turret is down, he's pretty much done for, as it usually goes down right before a big push.

Stacking is also a completely separate issue to me.

eek5

That's pretty good incentive to stay for the remainder of the match, the last thing we need is salty people who queue up and then abandon when they're getting mad and then screwing over 5 other people who are trying hard.

When one person leaves the team with 5 can leave the match without penalty after a minute. If they leave early enough the match will just end.

Wow, pretty pissed. I destroyed 3 symmetra teleporters and didn't get the achievement. I killed one with Dva ult, 1 in mech suit and 1 out of mech suit, maybe that screwed me over?

A trophy guide I read says you can't get that trophy if you use D.Va in any way, it's currently a glitch.

Zemm

Winston is actually fun :eek:

Went 28-2 with him the first time I tried him (after playing the game like 60 hours), I killed so many genji's, Hanzo's, Mercy's and Widowmakers. The Mercy rage switched to reaper to try and counter it after a while haha

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I would never play the game again if this happened to me.

XenoRaven

Is Blizzard slowly slipping in new match lines in updates?

I heard a new one where Tracer asks Mei if she is fine in those clothes and she responds by saying "No... But its too late to change..."

I wonder if some are more likely than others. So tired of the Rein poster one.
That one's been in there.

Yeah there's tons of quitters on pc. I'm sure it's a revolving door on console. Not winning? Bye.

Firestorm

Hanzo, Torbjorn, Mei. The triumvirate of heroes I don't think are remotely OP, but who nonetheless raise my blood pressure.
Hanzo would be a bit more okay if they fixed the hitboxes on his arrows
and removed the scattershot from the game because fuck killcams where I find out he had zero idea I was there and got the lucky headshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom