• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a wall of shame for OT2?

EDIT: Shit, it's top of page 2 prime realestate... uhhhhh...

CiTMh2FUYAANfWS.jpg

Wrong, you're actually in the middle of the 1st page - (well at least that how you appear to me, and i'm sure many others) switch your settings to 100 posts per page.

how do i git gud at high noon? I've never managed more than 2

i seem to have an issue when it comes to pulling the trigger.. its not so much getting into a good area.. once the skull appears they're locked in right? unless they're behind cover

rrs

i seem to have an issue when it comes to pulling the trigger.. its not so much getting into a good area.. once the skull appears they're locked in right? unless they're behind cover
yeah, I think it's locked as soon as that appears

They need to tweak that. If you use Lucio ultimate to prevent your team from dying to a reaper or junkrat ult, you should have a shot at POTG.

Also, glad I double dipped on PC since PS4 is having login/disconnect issues.

Probably wouldn't be that hard to tweak the algorithm to at least detect a Lucio Anti-Extinction Event, since they already have code to detect when someone stops a particularly deadly ultimate (i.e. you kill a McCree doing a High Noon). Calculate the damage inflicted by the ultimate, figure out if it would kill anyone unshielded, compare against who actually died. Two or more lives saved, save as a highlight eligible for POTG.

God, I love #Pharmercy.

It's basically a super flank attack. Get people when they are either super distracted and can't see you, or haven't seen you in a while, or they can't move (like from Zarya or Junkrat).

King of the Hill maps help because the enemy is obviously going to gravitate towards a specific part of the map.

ExVicis

You have to sneak behind the enemy and be high above them to usually pull off a good solo high noon. As well you ideally want your teammates to be fighting the enemy too. Mei and Zarya's ults also help really when in getting everyone together and forcing them out of cover so you could use that to prepare one.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone on eu playing atm? Discord is dead :(

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think I'm gonna have to put the game away for awhile, at least until the mainstream effect wears off. I'm going to end up having an ulcer if I keep playing with randoms that don't know what they're doing. >(

Jblanks

One day people will realize that's it's best not to push past the first choke points on defence. Symmetra just runs to the door and places her turrets on Kings Row and just stays there and dies in 5 seconds.

Yeah, gonna stop playing Weekly Brawl. Enemy team just kept dying to reroll until they had a good comp. They rerolled and ended up with two Mei, a Reinhart, Lucio and a Mcree.

Leave the game and find a different one. Can't think of anything more pointless than doing this in a mode that's about being random.

again, you're trying way too hard to make this into a personal issue. you come out of the woodwork screaming get over yourself, and for what? because i posted a picture of chat of someone who i ask to switch immediately after they switched to an already filled role to... another role that had a symmetra in it?

god, i'm starting to think YOU'RE rose lmao

anyways, if you wanna continue this argument, discussion, whatever, feel free to PM me so we don't clutter up the thread :)

uh, neogaf - smh.

Peasant, the 50ppp doesnt even exist in NeoGAF Gold.

LMFAO

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How does the matchmaking work? Im level 8 and get into groups with levels 30+ all the time, my scores are usually bad and i dont win alot.

Dr. Buni

I think I'm gonna have to put the game away for awhile, at least until the mainstream effect wears off. I'm going to end up having an ulcer if I keep playing with randoms that don't know what they're doing. >(
The stuff randoms do outside of the game is far worse than anything they can do in-game to me. Like, yeah, people are clueless very often but that will be less frequent as I get better in the game. Now the general fandom is just trash, I knew it would be the moment this game got popular and sadly I was not wrong.

A quick trip to the Overwatch subreddit can make someone give up on Overwatch so they don't have to deal with people who only seem to know how to talk about butts, breasts and fucking fictional people. That is 90% of Overwatch discussion on the internet and the remaining 10% is people bitching about McCree, Mei, Bastion, Widowmaker and Hanzo.

What a shame.

Ferrio

Banned
Leave the game and find a different one. Can't think of anything more pointless than doing this in a mode that's about being random.

Even if people aren't doing it on purpose, I've noticed that the mode pretty much comes down to whatever team gets a solid comp first. The other team can't recoup because they lose their ult charge on death, unlike the other team which will have members living longer.

Random hero King's Row payload defense when the other team has 3 D.Vas and a Mercy, we got a Widow, Hanzo (unfortunately me) 2 Lucios and something else

Still can't believe we won lol

Won 5 games in a row, and then picked up two of the most braindead players I've ever had on my team. They are probably fantastic Genji and Tracer players, but when the opponent has 2 Mei and 2 Roadhog, you MIGHT need to switch.

JCH!

Am I the only one who thinks the inactivity timer is WAY too restrictive? I can't even go for a (quick! Like 2000psi quick) piss between rounds because I get kicked from the game!

Nephix

Are Blizzard games known to have toxic communities?
Just had an entire team ( on the winning side ) yelling racist shit and telling people to die from cancer. :/

I sure hope Blizzard is acting on reports at least because goddamn if it isn't sad to hear all this shit.

Won 5 games in a row, and then picked up two of the most braindead players I've ever had on my team. They are probably fantastic Genji and Tracer players, but when the opponent has 2 Mei and 2 Roadhog, you MIGHT need to switch.

As a tracer, I am not afraid of roadhogs and mei. Hell, I love playing against roadhogs. Dodge chains for days. Ult and empty clip = dead hog.

I got a quintuple kill today against a team trying to counter tracer hard. Roadhog included lol

Zemm

Are Blizzard games known to have toxic communities?
Just had an entire team ( on the winning side ) yelling racist shit and telling people to die from cancer. :/

I sure hope Blizzard is acting on reports at least because goddamn if it isn't sad to hear all this shit.

Hearthstone is terrible and you can only emote in that game lmao. I've turned match chat off so I'm oblivious to any shit chat in Overwatch.

MoonGred

Trying to up my Zarya game as it's the only hero I've got a legendary skin for and don't mind her skills. Is it me or is she used more as an "off-tank" instead of a main pushing the payload.

Loot boxes have been absolute shit, that soul crushing feeling when you see nothing but white sprays and a blue icon. I'm at a point where I'd gladly embrace some shitty blue skin for a hero I don't use

Satch

Banned
Trying to up my Zarya game as it's the only hero I've got a legendary skin for and don't mind her skills. Is it me or is she used more as an "off-tank" instead of a main pushing the payload.

Loot boxes have been absolute shit, that soul crushing feeling when you see nothing but white sprays and a blue icon. I'm at a point where I'd gladly embrace some shitty blue skin for a hero I don't use

yes zaryas best with another tank, she cant tank very well by herself

Jblanks

Yea I pick her basically everytime someone already picks a tank, she works a lot better like that. Although she can get it done with just her as a tank, it's a lot harder and I usually end up having to step out of the battle a lot more to heal up.

She works best when you have teammates who aren't afraid to go in. You keep up the pressure by shielding your attackers and yourself, making the enemy less likely to attack directly at crucial moments. Use grenades to scatter and primary when you have strength of numbers.

The meinger is real in pubs. People on your own team rage about how lame Mei is.

Torbjörn is still king though. There's nothing like having your teammates tell you what a lame awful character Torbjörn is while you get a card at the end of the match with 83% kill participation because said team was shit and couldn't get the job done.

"Standing around while there’s work to be done."

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom