• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see her have some kind of medium range alt fire like Roadhog has but I guess that would maybe make her too good

Honestly i think a very slight buff to her damage, and making a smaller crit hit box will be fine. She has shield and boost to get in and out quickly. Just dont play her like a typical tank as she is a disruptor.

I do like the idea of mid-range missiles or something though. Its a good idea.

No_Style

Agreed. Most players don't expect Mercy to shoot them. Even if it's just a couple shots here and there, every bit helps.

Yeap. Taken on Reinhart's and Winstons who think they can just waltz in for a free kill with her pistol. And just jumping around at close range while shooting gives Genjis, Soldier 76 and other lower health classes a few fits. The only low health classes that I can't hold my own against are Reapers and Tracers. :(

Console players: Are you guys playing with bumper jumper or default? I'm finding jumping far too crucial to the movement to not put in on L1.

Cocaine_

Neo Member
I just watched Seagull play in the PTR against a bunch of level 50s. He's 73. Good god, I'm a 50, if I ran into that I'd be gutted.

You probably won't. Seagull's level isn't nearly as high as his skill level is. Everyone has a hidden MMR that matches them with people of close to the same skill level, which is why most of the people Seagull matches up with are former tf2/CS pros, regardless of the level they are at.

The level is just an indication of how much you've played overwatch since release, which can only really be 6 weeks for everyone!

You probably won't. Seagull's level isn't nearly as high as his skill level is. Everyone has a hidden MMR that matches them with people of close to the same skill level, which is why most of the people Seagull matches up with are former tf2/CS pros, regardless of the level they are at.

The level is just an indication of how much you've played overwatch since release, which can only really be 6 weeks for everyone!

This is PTR, level 73 is his comp skill rating not his level. He was playing against 50 skill rating players but this is PTR. The live server will have a much larger population so matchmaking would avoid the matchup for comp.

XenoRaven

If we have a sniper I stick with Mercy as I can just fly to high ground and jump back in with replenished health.

To add to your single rez comments, a good Mercy will invest time into each teammate; not just tanks, and thus build a picture of who is doing work and who isn't (through kill assist messages). If I see multiple kill assists on Junkrat I'll immediately revive him and leave the Roadhog, who is doing jack, in his grave.
Yeah Mercy is an interesting team reporting tool for you. D. boost the Hanzo expecting him to wreck people, he can't hit the broad side of a barn, so you D. boost a S76 and he just kills everything. It helps you figure out support priorities.

Starting to get some serious tunnel vision with enemy healers. I got a POTG by chasing a Mercy when I didn't realize she was running towards her help and not just running away (we had just killed 3 of their players), I wouldn't put myself in that situation again... but damn was it satisfying.

Sidenote: is the knockback for Zarya's alt fire really large enough to knock someone off the map (with 10-12 energy)? Or did Widow just do something stupid in the video below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoM2Kfy-BoA

What terrible design sudden death is. Attackers win 90% of the time; losing the coin flip is a death sentence.
Blizzard know people don't like it, and they will be making changes to make sudden death very rare, and fairer.

(But attackers also don't win close to 90% of the time, according to their numbers.)

Good Tracers, and there are a lot of them now, have become the bane of my existence -_-

I supposed that I need to learn to play as her so I can get a better grasp of where she's going to teleport. Really that teleport in -> place ultimate on my backside -> teleport back out meta-game is just too much to handle for me right now.

BigDug13

I love it when people expect Lucio to be a primary healer of tanks, calling for healing when they're down to 50 hps. Dude, I heal 100 hps every 8 seconds and amp it up can get you 120ish hps in 3 seconds, but that's it. If amp is down and you're hurt, I'm going to slowly heal you.

Nobody does D&D campaigns or MMORPG groups expecting the bard to keep up with primary healing.

Lucio does the most healing over all, but that shit is spread out. Don't expect miracle tank heals in a pinch. You might have to walk to a health pack now and then. (He's still the best support class in the game IMO)

Good Tracers, and there are a lot of them now, have become the bane of my existence -_-

I supposed that I need to learn to play as her so I can get a better grasp of where she's going to teleport. Really that teleport in -> place ultimate on my backside -> teleport back out meta-game is just too much to handle for me right now.

She's especially potent on console because of the extended time to get your sights on her with the sticks. I barely ever play her and I find huge success with her when I do have opportunities to play her on PS4. Doing well with the ult I still struggle with but normal Tracering on PS4 is pretty easy.

Sou Da

Junker and B.Va are my favorites. I don't use too much D. Va myself but I do enjoy using B.Va since that's the only one I have lol.

Chill, you haven't lived until you are spreading the peace as a Pharaoh, fam

I'm not fond of them going full League on the skins so early. I just wanted a good monk skin that looks like something he would he wear.

IShe's especially potent on console because of the extended time to get your sights on her with the sticks. I barely ever play her and I find huge success with her when I do have opportunities to play her on PS4. Doing well with the ult I still struggle with but normal Tracering on PS4 is pretty easy.

When the game launched I noticed most Tracers struggling to get kills with it but since players picked up on actually sticking it to people I've been seeing some really creative multi-player kills with it. The worst is when they stick it to one of the tanks or Lucio who then inadvertently takes out the entire team before they realize what's happening :(

Lots of good Symmetra tips these past few pages; I'll have to remember to switch to one of those skins where her turrets are black, and the "turrets charge your beam" thing was a revelation to me, too.

Had a great setup on Hanamura recently: me as Symmetra, a Bastion and a Mercy all camping out on one of the side balconies, with six turrets surrounding the door coming up. The enemy team kept coming up to try and kill the damage-boosted Bastion, only to run into my turrets and beam of death. And with the Mercy up there to heal both of us, we were almost unstoppable. It lasted a good long while, to the point where I set my teleporter up on that balcony multiple times, until the other team finally got smart and switched to a Pharah to blow up the turrets from the opposite balcony. Still, while it lasted, it was almost comical to see the Soldier: 76s and Roadhogs keep trying to sneakily dodge in and out of that doorway to shoot the Bastion, only for me to charge them back down the stairs and melt them down.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
HANZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kill me

Onemic

Random Zarya tip. If you have an ally reinhardt on your team and he has his barrier up, shield him while he's blocking with it. Any damage that the barrier absorbs while your shield is up will get transferred into energy for you.

Random Zarya tip. If you have an ally reinhardt on your team and he has his barrier up, shield him while he's blocking with it. Any damage that the barrier absorbs while your shield is up will get transferred into energy for you.

Really? I avoided doing this because I assumed the shield would absorb the shots and the barrier wouldn't get a thing. Good to know!

Stuff like this is finally making me understand why I suck whenever I try Zarya but get totally wrecked going up against her :/

Kamion

Really? I avoided doing this because I assumed the shield would absorb the shots and the barrier wouldn't get a thing. Good to know!

Same, this is amazing. I guess it makes sense, since the bubble is AROUND the shield in the front :D
But I always assumed it would only work on character damage.

Stuff like this is finally making me understand why I suck whenever I try Zarya but get totally wrecked going up against her :/

Playing Zarya relies very very heavily on your team. You need your other tank to trust you to shield - and also other characters. If all other players play too defensively with you, you won't get your shields up and your damage will stay sub-par.

maouvin

Yo.
Gamechanger.

Ok, time to take the time to learn Zarya.

Ramirez

Is that true though? I'm fairly certain I've put bubbles on Rein when his shield is up and got nothing for it. I could be wrong, but I don't even think the game tracks the damage you do to that shield as actual damage in the stats screen.

Playing Zarya relies very very heavily on your team. You need your other tank to trust you to shield - and also other characters. If all other players play too defensively with you, you won't get your shields up and your damage will stay sub-par.

I think I'm going to practice with this a bit since I hate trying to learn new characters in real matches.

On that subject I hope the Blizzard tweaks the AI at some point because medium is impossible to lose but hard is more challenging than any human teams I've ever played against :/

Kamion

I think I'm going to practice with this a bit since I hate trying to learn new characters in real matches.

On that subject I hope the Blizzard tweaks the AI at some point because medium is impossible to lose but hard is more challenging than any human teams I've ever played against :/

Yeah, on medium you basically can run around destroying people. On hard they... pretty much cheat.
Like on medium, Roadhog will hook you as Tracer and then not shoot at you, lol... On hard they're all aimbotting (which makes sense)

I think this is poor design on Blizzard's part. It's not very intuitive for someone trying to whittle down Reinhardt's shield or for friendly Zaryas throwing up a barrier on Reinhardt since his shield is outside the barrier.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Night Ops Soldier76, that's the last legendary I really wanted. I'll probably grab Sporty Tracer then start saving.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just saw this on Facebook, pretty sure a few of you saw this game's ads too in the past with ripoffs of WoW(blatant copies of the Login screen or character creation) or Game of Thrones("Lord Snow", white wolf, cape with crow feathers), but this is new :

lUQHkwX.png

No shame at all eh? I wonder what they're going to ripoff next.
4½ stars though! lol

_machine

Just saw this on Facebook, pretty sure a few of you saw this game's ads too in the past with ripoffs of WoW(blatant copies of the Login screen or character creation) or Game of Thrones("Lord Snow", white wolf, cape with crow feathers), but this is new :

lUQHkwX.png

No shame at all eh? I wonder what they're going to ripoff next.
4½ stars though! lol
Yeah, last time it was Clash Royale and it's chest mechanic. The game's doing really well though and apparently for it's audience it's "well made".

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Onemic

I think this is poor design on Blizzard's part. It's not very intuitive for someone trying to whittle down Reinhardt's shield or for friendly Zaryas throwing up a barrier on Reinhardt since his shield is outside the barrier.

I only knew about it because I decided to look at a Zarya guide to see if I was missing any strategies that I should add to my game. As soon as I saw that statement I went straight to Overwatch after work to try it out. If I never looked at that guide I never wouldve known about this because you'd think that while his barrier is up it would nullify any affect that your shield would have on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom