• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Played against double roadhog multiple times last night and that was the most infuriating unfun shit I've had to deal with. I can handle double winston but double roadhog everywhere was madness.

I feel your pain. I've played against one before and it was something I hope to never play against again. Blizzard needs to do something about hero stacking, because it makes the game frustrating to play sometimes.

DrArchon

Played against double roadhog multiple times last night and that was the most infuriating unfun shit I've had to deal with. I can handle double winston but double roadhog everywhere was madness.

I'd rather fight double Roadhog than double Winston. At least Roadhog is slow and shitty when his hook is on cooldown. Winston is just constantly leaping your face like a maniac.

Hero stacking is really dumb though. I have no idea why Blizzard is apparently doing nothing about it.

Counter with someone like Reaper. One Reaper can take out two Roadhogs without any problems.

Blues1990

I received this today :)

LhQxyTa.jpg

I'm actually waiting for the Winston Funko Pop to arrive, as that toy looks adorable.

Anyway, I'm really bummed right now. I returned my friends PS4 back to him today, and now I don't have access to Overwatch anymore. I'm looking in Vancouver to see if I can find a decent place to upgrade my PC to run Overwatch (along with fixing the diver issue that I have, as my computer can't detect my WACOM 22HD cintiq). I'm dreading of going to NCIX, but I can't think of anyother place to go to.

Any suggestions?

Zemm

They really really need to fix Roadhogs hooks that go to the side or behind him. Hooking a Lucio is just completely random if you kill him or not.

Also feels like reaper has 50hp too much with his escape skill. Why does he have 250hp and everyone else in that subset have 200hp? He's so fucking tank for a DPS class.

I'm also starting to get fed up of class stacking.

They really really need to fix Roadhogs hooks that go to the side or behind him. Hooking a Lucio is just completely random if you kill him or not.

Also feels like reaper has 50hp too much with his escape skill. Why does he have 250hp and everyone else in that subset have 200hp? He's so fucking tank for a DPS class.

Tracer has only 150hp. Regardless, they all have strength and weaknesses. Jack can heal, Pharah, Genji and Tracer have mobility (Genji can also deflect). The only one with neither healing nor big health pool or mobility is McCree, who instead deal heavy damage. Reaper needs that hp as he often times can't escape, even with his skill (since you can often just follow him).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I've gotta get better at Zen and Symmetra on support. Mostly play Mercy and Lucio but want to get a handle on those two as well. =\

DrArchon

Reaper has an incredibly slow walk speed out of wraith mode, meaning he has a harder time running from fights and bad situations once wraith mode wears off (it doesn't last that long and he's super easy to follow). Combine that with the fact that he has to get right up in your face to be a threat and he can't lock people down like McCree can and you've got a character that needs a little extra bulk to not be too risky to use.

The community is definitely getting worse, on Xbox One at least. Such a shame. I've now started getting salty messages after the match. Someone even complaining that I used Bastion.

On that note, I noticed one Genji on the enemy team who was sticking with their Reinhardt and if I started firing on the Reinhardt in Bastion's turret mode, he would rush in front of Reinhardt's shield with Deflect. Caught me out a few times and thought it was a very smart play, definitely seemed like something he was looking out for.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
On that note, I noticed one Genji on the enemy team who was sticking with their Reinhardt and if I started firing on the Reinhardt in Bastion's turret mode, he would rush in front of Reinhardt's shield with Deflect. Caught me out a few times and thought it was a very smart play, definitely seemed like something he was looking out for.

Interesting, though I don't understand why they Genji wouldn't just flank and try to take you down.

X-Frame

Getting the hang of Zarya finally. She is a beast when you have maximum charge.

She really is, and once you hear the energy buzzing in your ears and how her beam melts non-Tanks in seconds it is a wonderful feeling.

As long as I don't overextend in order to get maximum charge at the expense of too much health, I feel like I often can survive the longest in a drawn out firefight compared to most other heroes.

yeah pharah's definitely the best offense character right now. only real hard counter is a good widow that can hit headshots.

sporadic flying is the only way. gotta keep them from learning the way you're moving lol

sometimes i forget there's a widow and just float begging to get shot.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have a 60% wr but i still rarely ever win on offence or lose on defence, its far too easy to turtle with a team of semi competent players.

DrArchon

yeah pharah's definitely the best offense character right now. only real hard counter is a good widow that can hit headshots.

Shouldn't everyone with a long range accurate weapon do well against a flying Pharah?

I can see her being a problem on consoles just because she'd be harder to hit, but on PC she shouldn't be that much of an issue.

aeolist

Banned
Shouldn't everyone with a long range accurate weapon do well against a flying Pharah?

I can see her being a problem on consoles just because she'd be harder to hit, but on PC she shouldn't be that much of an issue.

she gets pocketed by mercy a lot and nobody besides widow has long range hitscan burst

Kane1345

Random Zarya tip. If you have an ally reinhardt on your team and he has his barrier up, shield him while he's blocking with it. Any damage that the barrier absorbs while your shield is up will get transferred into energy for you.

I can't thank you enough for this.

Poetaster

Banned
Getting kicked off the server non stop.
Everyone be careful when experiencing constant battle.net disconnects, they count as leaving and you'll get hit with the penalty if you get too many of them within your last however many games. (20 I think?) Happened to me the other week when there were issues with the ps4 version one day.

LiK

The problems with McCree and 76 is their weapon damage falloff when Pharah jumps up, after which she can just concussive blast herself away from danger. Roadhog is one of the worst characters to play vs pharah lol.

He can hook her tho once she starts descending.

I'm actually waiting for the Winston Funko Pop to arrive, as that toy looks adorable.
(along with fixing the diver issue that I have, as my computer can't detect my WACOM 22HD cintiq).

I'm willing to bet it's Microsoft Security Essentials. Friend of mine had the same problem and that was my diagnosis for him. MSE loves to dick around with drivers.

What are some good YouTube channels to watch that can teach advanced strategy?

Overwatchreplays I think? That youtube user uploads high level replays and stream footage of high level players and good competitive plays; the teams are very organized and coordinated. The first thing you will notice--aside from how players utilize abilities to maximum effect--is the positioning and grouping of teams. Aim is insane too, and a lot of clutch plays and ult stacking.

Blues1990

I'm willing to bet it's Microsoft Security Essentials. Friend of mine had the same problem and that was my diagnosis for him. MSE loves to dick around with drivers.

Is there anyway to get rid of Security Essentials, or at least not make my driver to coco bananas whenever I open up Sketchbook Pro or Photoshop CS6?

LiK

What are some good YouTube channels to watch that can teach advanced strategy?

Overwatch Central and Lost Unit Gaming are good. Too bad they focus on PC so most of the strats don't really work 1:1 on consoles but they acknowledge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom