• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My teams levels were 30, 26, 22, 23 and 64

the enemy team 120, 139, 86, 22 and 112

The game went as expected, we did absolutely nothing and got spawn camped

What

In

Gods

Name

Is

Matchmaking

Random Zarya tip. If you have an ally reinhardt on your team and he has his barrier up, shield him while he's blocking with it. Any damage that the barrier absorbs while your shield is up will get transferred into energy for you.

Holy shit. This is a life-altering bit of advice here.

Random Zarya tip. If you have an ally reinhardt on your team and he has his barrier up, shield him while he's blocking with it. Any damage that the barrier absorbs while your shield is up will get transferred into energy for you.

This sounds like it's a bug but for now get your free 50 energy!

I don't know how practical it is to implement but her beam really should have a larger hitbox at high energy levels

I don't know how practical it is to implement but her beam really should have a larger hitbox at high energy levels
There is reportedly some bug with hit detection on the beam? Like, it doesn't work right when it's swiped over enemies? You have to be quite accurate in your tracking aim.

X-Frame

Yup, this definitely works, especially when Reinhardt is shielding incoming turret fire. It's a free and consistent +50 Energy.

I always assumed it was just because Zarya's Barrier slightly protrudes from Rein's shield to get hit with damage first.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is that true though? I'm fairly certain I've put bubbles on Rein when his shield is up and got nothing for it. I could be wrong, but I don't even think the game tracks the damage you do to that shield as actual damage in the stats screen.

The shield damage atleast counts towards total damage since I once fought a team of 5 reinhardt + 1 bastion and got 29K damage with Junkrat at the end. Didn't know about the Zarya thing though.

Ramirez

The shield damage atleast counts towards total damage since I once fought a team of 5 reinhardt + 1 bastion and got 29K damage with Junkrat at the end. Didn't know about the Zarya thing though.

Ah, well. I know for a fact I've bubbled Rein's before and got no energy. It doesn't even make sense, the barrier has to take damage.

DrArchon

Talkying about Zarya how does her barrier works? sometimes I put it and they take it down extremely fast :(

The barrier absorbs up to 200 points of damage, so if you take a lot of sustained fire the enemy can drop it super fast.

It's worth noting that if it takes a single hit that does more than 200 damage it'll absorb all of it and immediately break.

XenoRaven

200 for you 400 for projected. It doesn't bleed though so you can tank a single dva ult for example
Love doing this.

The only better feeling is baiting a McCree to stun nade you and just pop barrier pre-emptively, since it's CC immune, and watch him miss half his FtH shots and then see him stand there like a big dummy as he realizes he can't just faceroll you to death.

Zaventem

Wow this is smart! Didn't think they would implement such a good quality of life decision. Had a Zarya bubble me and thought about putting my shield down before, glad I didnt.

You see people talking about the myth of the forced 50%, right?

Are there people with 40-45% winrate? Or is everybody near 50

From what I've seen people here post, we all seem to be averaging about 55%.

In other news, I've barely seen any Torbjorns today and yesterday. I don't know if people just got bored or what, but he's hardly anywhere to be found in my games.

Anecdotes and whatnot, but hey...

You see people talking about the myth of the forced 50%, right?

Are there people with 40-45% winrate? Or is everybody near 50

49.4% at the moment. Every time it seems like I'm going to crack the 50% mark, I get a run of bad games and never can get over that hump. Maybe it's because I only play pub games, I dunno.

EDIT: Heh, never mind. Just updated my Master Overwatch profile, and I am now EXACTLY at 50%. Now I'm afraid to play any more games to fear of going back below the halfway point.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
What is the logic behind using sudden death and coin flips in competitive rather than overtime anyway? These extra mechanics seem unnecessary. =S

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

In other news, I've barely seen any Torbjorns today and yesterday. I don't know if people just got bored or what, but he's hardly anywhere to be found in my games.

Anecdotes and whatnot, but hey...

People finally got tired of looking at boring Torbjorn POTGs, even if it's their own? :p

BashNasty

That's only because people here don't like to post anything about their gameplay/stats unless they feel it makes them look good.

My win rate is currently around 48%. I've been going on massive losing streaks the past couple days. I assure you that there are many, many people here who have a win rate lower than 50%, they're just being quiet about it.

Manoko

What

In

Gods

Name

Is

Matchmaking

Profile level has pretty much nothing to do with actual skill (your MMR).
The matchmaking works with MMR, thankfully.

What

In

Gods

Name

Is

Matchmaking

Had the exact opposite scenario. Similar levels but the lower lvl group steamrolled the high level group. Also helps having a garbage hanzo leave only to have the spot filled in by a damn good hanzo.

Zaventem

Profile level has pretty much nothing to do with actual skill (your MMR).
The matchmaking works with MMR, thankfully.

Level can equate for map and match up experience. They already said they sacrifice some of that for shorter queue times recently in quickplay. Not sure why I always see the "level doesn't matter" post.

Dragner

My win% is down from 55 to 52 after some hard games but I'm sure if I played nothing but Lucio instead of learning different characters it would be much higher.

Oh yeah I was 30% 10 ago. Then Lucio happened.

IhB1LQU.jpg

Mupod

I don' think it's absorbing everything his shield does, rather its hitbox extends out the front. Still super useful.

LiK

My win rate is 52% overall and that's just from playing casually while listening to podcasts as well as a bunch of solo games with awful randoms. Not bad.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Has anyone had issues while linking the PSN Account to the Battle.net account?
Im just getting a blank screen after it says it's gonna redirect me to a PSN website.

Firebrand

Not even gonna look at my win rates. It's frustrating as it is when you get a streak of being stomped. Not blaming my team though, because for the amount of time I've put into the game I'm still a bit shit.

LiK

Not even gonna look at my win rates. It's frustrating as it is when you get a streak of being stomped. Not blaming my team though, because for the amount of time I've put into the game I'm still a bit shit.

Doesn't mean anything anyway. People will lose when trying out new characters and maps for the first time and playing with randoms is always a gamble.

Grady

Hero stacking is legit the most unfun shit to play against. Since they are keeping it as is in competitive mode i hope they have plans to at least nerf torbjorn or add a longer cool down to his turrets. 95% of the games I play the defending team wins. Makes that mode boring as fuck. At least let players choose which gamemode to play.

Zocano

Played against double roadhog multiple times last night and that was the most infuriating unfun shit I've had to deal with. I can handle double winston but double roadhog everywhere was madness.

Azoor

What

In

Gods

Name

Is

Matchmaking

Levels are not necessarily indicative of skill level. Just playtime.

abundant

Doesn't mean anything anyway. People will lose when trying out new characters and maps for the first time and playing with randoms is always a gamble.

This, plus when you are with a group, sometimes you get matched up with another group that's just better. No shame in that.

I bet your winrate is 50% +/- 5% anyway just like it seems to be for 99% of people.

Mupod

54% winrate while mostly playing solo.

COME AT ME BLIZZARD.

I actually win more solo than when I run with friends. We end up fighting actually good teams when we play in a group, but when we are together we tend to have fun and screw around with goofy strats. Like our patented Hollywood Bushes Bastion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom