• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

As Mercy, I've taken out full health Soldiers, Reapers, Hanzos and McCrees. If you move around a lot while shooting, it completely throws them off since players think Mercy is an easy target all the time.

Zemm

From a 9 minute match, they just couldn't get near me. Sometimes you just have those games where it feels like 1 bullet kills anyone and sometimes where it feels like everyone is a bullet sponge, this was one of the former.

T51EI9z.png

IbukiLordSA

My best kill was on a Bastion as a Mercy, dude was camping and I saw him fired my gun at him and I think he got startled, took a bunch of damage went into normal mode and ran straight towards me shooting as he got close I punched him for the kill and just laughed.

Permanently A

4575g

also haven't bought anything. I have been fortunate to get good skins for most of the heroes I do play, satiating the sense of urgency to buy something for them. For the hereos I'd like to have something for but don't yet, nothing is demanding I buy it.

Zen - pharaoh skins appeal to me, but not 1000g worth of appeal. we'll see.
Zarya - weird beady-eyed goggles turn me off from her parka skins, which are the only ones I like. Waiting for better.
D.va - nothing really impresses me here. I kinda liked Junebug, but the gun being the same color as the sleeves is something i'm not a fan of.
Junkrat - Everyone has the same clown skin. Waiting for something else now.
Genji - I like the carbon fiber one, but don't play him enough to feel compelled to buy any skin at all.
Symmetra - White & Gold symmetra speaks to me, but not sure if it's worth paying for. Waiting for something else.
Bastion - All of his skins suck.

I've had good skin drops for everyone else. I think the idea that we may get more skins that change more than just the appearance of the hero (like Okami, Imp and Valkyrie) are making me wait, in addition to many of the leg skins just not being all that impressive on their own and some of them being extremely common now.

Symmetra Vishkar/Architech are worth because they make the turrets black. Camouflage is much better than the default white.

As Mercy, I've taken out full health Soldiers, Reapers, Hanzos and McCrees. If you move around a lot while shooting, it completely throws them off since players think Mercy is an easy target all the time.

Agreed. Most players don't expect Mercy to shoot them. Even if it's just a couple shots here and there, every bit helps.

Symmetra Vishkar/Architech are worth because they make the turrets black. Camouflage is much better than the default white.

oh shit. Will strongly consider buying, then. That seems like a really poor decision, giving a competitive advantage to a skin. And yes, making it harder to see IS a competitive advantage. Same issue with the Okami Hanzo ult.

From a 9 minute match, they just couldn't get near me. Sometimes you just have those games where it feels like 1 bullet kills anyone and sometimes where it feels like everyone is a bullet sponge, this was one of the former.

T51EI9z.png

I think that feeling comes down to the enemy players connection to the server, I can point blank hit someone using roadhog and their HP bar doesn't budge, I either missed on their end or on the server.

or you can aim at someone with zarya left click and they melt in a second, it's so annoying and random.

Was looking through my time on fire on masteroverwatch and its 10 mins, 15 mins , 5 mins etc then i get to Lucio and its 2 hours in 5 hours game time :eek:

I didn't even think i was that good with him.... or maybe i just suck with everyone else.

mxgt

Banned
I think that feeling comes down to the enemy players connection to the server, I can point blank hit someone using roadhog and their HP bar doesn't budge, I either missed on their end or on the server.

This shit drives me nuts. One game I can hook and one shot with left click and melee if needed

Then suddenly I'll hook a Lucio, Hanzo, whatever in the exact same way and either miss point blank or do barely any damage on a full shot

I don't get it

Was looking through my time on fire on masteroverwatch and its 10 mins, 15 mins , 5 mins etc then i get to Lucio and its 2 hours in 5 hours game time :eek:

I didn't even think i was that good with him.... or maybe i just suck with everyone else.

It's crazy easy to get on fire as Lucio and Zenyatta.

I'm at like 1 hour on fire compared to 2 hours of play time as Zenyatta.

Onemic

This shit drives me nuts. One game I can hook and one shot with left click and melee if needed

Then suddenly I'll hook a Lucio, Hanzo, whatever in the exact same way and either miss point blank or do barely any damage on a full shot

I don't get it

this happens to me as roadhog all the time. I just figured it's because I suck at aiming with his hook combo.

The turrets are darker but I wouldn't exactly call it black. More of a washed out grey. Also, enemy turrets have a red outline like everything else.

kk. I still consider it a small advantage, as it may slightly delay efficient targeting compared to something white standing out. even if only slightly.

I have seen those skins very few times so I don't have much experience with them to speak of, so maybe it's not even a slight advantage.

I don't get how y'all can play Symmetra.

I can't keep those turrets up at all, even when I hide them.

don't play her like a pussy. get in there, jump around and hold that left click down. she does stupid damage.

D-Va has to get close, a Zarya that can aim doesn't. I don't know exactly how much health a turret has or how much damage a full power orb does, but it feels like a level 2 can't live through 2-3, and anything near it is also gonna die. I play patiently and when I push you can assume I have 400 hp, at least one bubble off cooldown, and 80-90 energy. The reason I feel like I'm strong against Torbjorn is because unlike other characters I can fight him on my terms, it won't be fair and no matter how much skill you have I'm going to get at least one turret and mess up somebody else. I won't die either and I'll be back in 10 seconds to do it again. And I usually can do it while taking fire from the enemy team, which is the real problem.

That's why I say Zarya is my turret counter and not Junkrat. He can kill turrets WAY faster and doesn't need 30 seconds of footsies and baiting to build up. But I can't count on randoms to give me the support I need to deal with everyone else. Likewise I'll stand there with Reinhardt and people will say 'hey cool shield now I can safely run past this turret fuck everyone else'.

A level 2 turret has 300 hp. I usually place my turrets so that you can't reach them easily, and I'm often near the frontline myself. If a Zarya was to attack my turret, I'd be there attacking the Zarya too. I can see what you're saying though and how it would work.

Bask in the glory of this sweet Mei 2 button
Non-
Triple kill.

https://gfycat.com/ShySleepyBuck

Brutal.

The game should've given you eliminations for that savagery.

kromeo

I don't get how y'all can play Symmetra.

I can't keep those turrets up at all, even when I hide them.

Even if they get destroyed they at least alert you to a reaper trying to sneak in for the ultimate. The turrets on their own won't likely kill much but they can contribute a lot when there's a big fight going down and they're easier to miss

Even if they get destroyed they at least alert you to a reaper trying to sneak in for the ultimate. The turrets on their own won't likely kill much but they can contribute a lot when there's a big fight going down and they're easier to miss

Turrets build Symmetra's left click faster.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You'd think people would wise up to dvas self destruct already, but i still get regular triple kills. Still no 4 tho. T_T

I'm not very good at this game, but I have 23+ hours on Mercy and my buddies all say I am pretty good at it.

A few things I've learned from so much Mercy-time;

Don't be stingy with the resurrects. I've seen a lot of teams with a Mercy that won't rez anyone unless there are 3+ dead. Resurrecting a single team mate is not a waste. Don't be a douche like that.

That said, you have to be smart about it. "60 seconds remaining"? Time to stop rezzing singles and be ready to deal with a hail of ultimates coming out of both teams. Only worth it if you see your tank die straight away just before the incoming storm, and that's a maybe depending on the skill of that tank and the enemy team.

Situational awareness is key with any character. For Mercy it's critical with trying to smartly rez single-death people. Try not to rez people instantly out of reflex and check to make sure they aren't right in the middle of the enemy team, unless you are just desperate. Also, when multiple people are down don't feel like you HAVE to maximize the # of people you rez. It can cost you games putting yourself in a vulnerable area to rez 3 people instead of 2.

Mercy's ult can charge insanely fast with the right team comp. I find having a nice juicy Roadhog to heal is prime. He has no shields to prevent damage and has lots of health to fill. Zarya is my next favorite, she also takes loads of damage and can throw her shield on you. Getting that ultimate charged is a huge priority, especially when you rez someone every 30 seconds like I do. Reinhart isn't that great, his shield prevents him from taking constant damage and worse, in pub matches they usually spend most of their time blasting away from you with their jet pack.

Don't go chasing speedsters or anyone being dumb and running out of your range. Hang near the objective or your tank.

Speaking of speedsters, Tracer is your worst enemy. If they are any good just switch to Lucio, since that is the only way you are going to get any healing done at that point. Especially in pubs where your allies will just ignore her and let her kill you outside your spawn repeatedly.

Other characters to watch out for are Genji and Pharah. Snipers like Hanzo and Widowmaker I find are often less of a problem once you are aware of them, since you can just stand behind obstacles to heal. Just be quick and try to fly to an ally if you have to cross their line of fire.

I don't get it

i've lost count how many times I have hooked a mercy, shot her while holding LM and W yet she only takes 80 damage

No way. They contribute to her charge on her left click???

Yea. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but any time I set up 4 or 5 at the spawn point of an attacking team and attack using my left-click with the turrets, I'm more or less instantly at a max damage beam and often get triple kills and have the teleporter ready to go in under 30 seconds.

You'd think people would wise up to dvas self destruct already, but i still get regular triple kills. Still no 4 tho. T_T

I play as her a lot (107-52 with her), but I dont get much kills with her Ult. Just use it as a control device more than anything as it helps take control of point, along with basically giving you an extra life.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

T51EI9z.png

Daaaang!
Good stuff bud!

Kito

Speaking of speedsters, Tracer is your worst enemy. If they are any good just switch to Lucio, since that is the only way you are going to get any healing done at that point. Especially in pubs where your allies will just ignore her and let her kill you outside your spawn repeatedly.

If we have a sniper I stick with Mercy as I can just fly to high ground and jump back in with replenished health.

To add to your single rez comments, a good Mercy will invest time into each teammate; not just tanks, and thus build a picture of who is doing work and who isn't (through kill assist messages). If I see multiple kill assists on Junkrat I'll immediately revive him and leave the Roadhog, who is doing jack, in his grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom