• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

Bask in the glory of this sweet Mei 2 button
Non-
Triple kill.

https://gfycat.com/ShySleepyBuck
Holy crap. As a lifelong Mei player, I know what I'm trying next on that map.
You'd think people would wise up to dvas self destruct already, but i still get regular triple kills. Still no 4 tho. T_T
I've been sending them into tight corners and such with no luck. Lots of people for me have seemed to wise up.

However, on Dorado I did get a triple at the first hold point because I sent the mech up into the air and over the wall. Didn't give them a chance to react.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I play as her a lot (107-52 with her), but I dont get much kills with her Ult. Just use it as a control device more than anything as it helps take control of point, along with basically giving you an extra life.

Oh i know, that's how i use it, but i got a lot of kills with it recently too.

Has anyone on PS4 (or any platform really) noticed problems with Pharahs Concussion Blast?

I find that mine seems to fail about 20% of the time, and it's becoming really annoying.

The first time I noticed it, it was against a Mcree that was rolling, so I thought maybe the roll cancelled the physics or something, but it started happening more and more, and to characters like Mercy, Roadhog, Lucio, and even other Pharahs.

It's heavily discouraged me from playing as Pharah on a lot of the control maps because what feels like a guaranteed kills isn't doing anything.

Heck, I've even had it fail when I used it on myself against a Roadhog that just hooked me, where I managed to live because the roadhog had to reload so I just saw this big bright white orb right in the middle of my screen, and nothing happened as I slowly backed away.

You'd think people would wise up to dvas self destruct already, but i still get regular triple kills. Still no 4 tho. T_T

99% of the time I die to the bomb because the game doesn't know I turned a corner a second before hand, it's annoying it's like I have a big butt sticking out.

Having now got my kinda shoddy looking Bronze star for breaking lvl 100 I guess I'll list the legendary drops I got across those many loot crates.
- Raindancer Pharah
- Young Hanzo
- Punk Tracer
- Mach-T
- 500 credits
- Junebug D-Va
- Mach T duplicate
and purchased myself Sunyatta

The game threw Tracer skins at me giving me the standard green, purple and pink colour swaps through crates alone. Despite all of that and the legendary skins my favourite Tracer is the default one.
Happy with Junebug and Raindancer anyway.

DrArchon

I wish I was playing against the people you're playing against. I never get any kills with D.Va's ult anymore. I just blow up turrets now. Everyone I play against has wised up to it.

It's a good thing I got her spray early on. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it now.

Having now got my kinda shoddy looking Bronze star for breaking lvl 100 I guess I'll list the legendary drops I got across those many loot crates.
- Raindancer Pharah
- Young Hanzo
- Punk Tracer
- Mach-T
- 500 credits
- Junebug D-Va
- Mach T duplicate
and purchased myself Sunyatta

The game threw Tracer skins at me giving me the standard green, purple and pink colour swaps through crates alone. Despite all of that and the legendary skins my favourite Tracer is the default one.
Happy with Junebug and Raindancer anyway.

I'll have to list this, too, when I hit 100. I'm at like 93 I think. I've been pretty lucky with skins. I think I've gotten like 6 or 7 exotic skins, and enough currency to buy 2 or 3 alone.

If we have a sniper I stick with Mercy as I can just fly to high ground and jump back in with replenished health.

To add to your single rez comments, a good Mercy will invest time into each teammate; not just tanks, and thus build a picture of who is doing work and who isn't (through kill assist messages). If I see multiple kill assists on Junkrat I'll immediately revive him and leave the Roadhog, who is doing jack, in his grave.

That's true as well when dealing with pubs. I play a lot with a group of 6 though, so it's a little different.

Solo queuing is almost an entirely different game lol.

Mupod

Turrets build Symmetra's left click faster.

I wanna see the receipts.

I tend to play a hyper aggressive Symmetra because people don't seem to put 2 and 2 together that I'm suiciding to kill their healer because I can just teleport back over and over. I generally don't fight near my turrets very often and I only put them in places that are most likely to piss off Genjis.

That's true as well when dealing with pubs. I play a lot with a group of 6 though, so it's a little different.

Solo queuing is almost an entirely different game lol.

Another good tool as Mercy is the scoreboard. It shows you if a teammate is dead, as well as their progress bar for how long they have left respawn. Sometimes it's worth it to wait 5-6 seconds after a death before premature rezaculation.

Unless you want to go full rain man like me and create a mental countdown everytime you see a teammate death in your kill feed. >.>

ISOM

Wish there was some trial/demo :( I'm not huge FPS fun but I would gladly check it out. Maybe one day they'll make demo...

There was an open BETA, after that you're out of luck. I would check out youtube if you want to get the feel of the game.

They key is throw it over obstacles and at a high height using boosters, so that when the mech lands it instantly blows up and enemy can't react.

Basically, the trick is to try to hide the giant caution signal from the enemy team as best as possible.

I also notice a lot of DVas use their Ult from the front lines, when it should be used more like a McCree or Reaper Ult where you flank first, and then drop it from behind enemy lines kind of thing.

Antiwhippy

I wish I was playing against the people you're playing against. I never get any kills with D.Va's ult anymore. I just blow up turrets now. Everyone I play against has wised up to it.

It's a good thing I got her spray early on. I'm not sure if I'd be able to get it now.

Yeah i don't know what it is either. I used to get at most 1 or 2 a game but nowadays so many people fall for it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Saw people talking about time played to time spent on fire which got me curious at work.

Masteroverwatch I don't think has all of my time played because I've definitely played more than 1 hour of Lucio. But anyway,

Roadhog: 5 hrs played/2 hrs on fire
Reaper: 4 hrs/ 2 hrs
Soldier: 2 hrs/ 1 hr
Lucio: 1 hr/ 53 minutes (lmao he's so easy to stay on fire with)
Zenyatta : 2 hrs/ 1 hr

My most played,
Pharah: 10hrs / 2 hrs
Junkrat: 6hrs/ 1 hr
Mei: 5 hrs / 14 minutes (what ;-;)

kromeo

Not sure why they feel D.VA ult needs a massive warning signal to start with, not like Junkrat tyre has a huge red triangle over it...

kromeo

How are people leveling so fast. I guess my friends are just playing that much. I'm only 16, and they are 54 and 72 @.@

Those are pretty reasonable levels for how long the game's been out. I'm 59 and that's been playing around full time work and other stuff. There were people over 100 weeks ago, those I don't understand

LiK

Not sure why they feel D.VA ult needs a massive warning signal to start with, not like Junkrat tyre has a huge red triangle over it...

Indeed, I hear "Nerf This" and automatically look around anyway. Junkrat can kill an entire team with his Rip Tire but you don't see a big warning on it.

I guess because DVa ult kills everything?

Some characters can actually survive a junkrat tire, I guess?

Nah, even tanks can die to the tire at full health.

mellow

I'm lvl 97 and so far I've gotten from lvl only lootboxes

3x legendary coin drops
2x Young Master Hanzo
Riverboat McCree
Bloodhardt
Junker D.Va
Steamboat Bastion

and I bought Lucio's gold frog skin and Mechaqueen Pharah

+1 on never getting anything with D.Va's ult, i started using her pretty late (like last week) and I've probably gotten 5 kills in about 80 uses, I basically just use it to clear a choke point for a few seconds now

don't play her like a pussy. get in there, jump around and hold that left click down. she does stupid damage.

I guess I just need to play her more. I constantly get picked off when I play as her, even when I try to be offensive. Turrets rarely stay up for me, so maybe I should be placing them further back to cover my escape / alert me.

X-Frame

I guess because DVa ult kills everything?

Some characters can actually survive a junkrat tire, I guess?

I love D.Va's alt as Zarya, I just walk up to it and hit Barrier a second prior to detonation for that free 50% Energy.

Though be careful not to stand too close to the mech because one time I got blasted back from knockback so far I fell off the map!

For Junkrat as Zarya I also try and seek out the Tire to bait it to attack me and not my team but often smart Junkrat players are purposely avoiding me (even if I run straight for the Tire) so then I try and quickly Barrier the teammate it's gunning for. It's wonderful and it works out and I shield them in time.

Permanently A

I don't get how y'all can play Symmetra.

I can't keep those turrets up at all, even when I hide them.

Spread them out inside a doorway on the biggest flank, so the enemy can't see them before they walk through. Then when they get caught in the trap attack them with your LMB, you can even kill tanks. When people aren't trying to flank spam RMB at attackers. Repeat until teleporter.

Vitor711

Got another Epic skin yesterday...

... THE SAME DAMNED EPIC LUCIO BLUE HOCKEY PLAYER I GOT AS MY FIRST EPIC DROP.

This was after a losing streak. F*ck you game.

But I'm also Level 46 with Safari Winston, Hockey Lucio, T. Racer and both Young Hanzo ones so apparently my luck with loot is better than most?

mbpm1

Oh, the shield protects against the full blast and not just the initial 200 damage? That's good to know.

All barrier type things, if hit by one powerful thing for greater than the max limit, will go out, but you won't get damaged further through them

They're like a second health bar. It goes for Zarya's shield, Reinhardt's shield, and maybe something else but not sure

Onemic

I love D.Va's alt as Zarya, I just walk up to it and hit Barrier a second prior to detonation for that free 50% Energy.

Though be careful not to stand too close to the mech because one time I got blasted back from knockback so far I fell off the map!

For Junkrat as Zarya I also try and seek out the Tire to bait it to attack me and not my team but often smart Junkrat players are purposely avoiding me (even if I run straight for the Tire) so then I try and quickly Barrier the teammate it's gunning for. It's wonderful and it works out and I shield them in time.

A smart junk rat will simply bait you to pop your shield by coming close to you with rip-tire, jumping over you to make the shield go away, and then blow your ass up.

Its happened to me twice now

X-Frame

A smart junk rat will simply bait you to pop your shield by coming close to you with rip-tire, jumping over you to make the shield go away, and then blow your ass up.

Its happened to me twice now

True too, I've seen it happen as well where they jump over me but end up still going for someone else.

LordAmused

I just love wrecking the backfield of the opposing team while playing Tracer on defense. If you can hook 2 enemies or more to you, there are only 3 remaining to attack the objective. Most of the people find her useless though, atleast in my circle of friends.

I think looking at streams and strategies here on OverGAF really helps understanding the game better.

Now only 200 more pages to go...

Permanently A

Got another Epic skin yesterday...

... THE SAME DAMNED EPIC LUCIO BLUE HOCKEY PLAYER I GOT AS MY FIRST EPIC DROP.

This was after a losing streak. F*ck you game.

But I'm also Level 46 with Safari Winston, Hockey Lucio, T. Racer and both Young Hanzo ones so apparently my luck with loot is better than most?

yeah 1 legendary every 10 is way better than most.

I feel your pain on the epic skins, I have both of roadhog's epics and his mako and islander. Those are my only epic skins. I don't even play roadhog.

Has anyone on PS4 (or any platform really) noticed problems with Pharahs Concussion Blast?

I find that mine seems to fail about 20% of the time, and it's becoming really annoying.

The first time I noticed it, it was against a Mcree that was rolling, so I thought maybe the roll cancelled the physics or something, but it started happening more and more, and to characters like Mercy, Roadhog, Lucio, and even other Pharahs.

It's heavily discouraged me from playing as Pharah on a lot of the control maps because what feels like a guaranteed kills isn't doing anything.

Heck, I've even had it fail when I used it on myself against a Roadhog that just hooked me, where I managed to live because the roadhog had to reload so I just saw this big bright white orb right in the middle of my screen, and nothing happened as I slowly backed away.
I have had concussion blasts that do nothing at all at the feet of a Lucio so I eel the pain, I think I t falls under the issue of server lag seeing something else

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Yeah, and sometimes the Concussion blast will push the enemy towards you.
But it's a bug that is fixed on the PTR.

kromeo

I just watched Seagull play in the PTR against a bunch of level 50s. He's 73. Good god, I'm a 50, if I ran into that I'd be gutted.

Whoever this Seagal is I expect he's spent his life playing PC shooters and probably put a huge amount of time into the beta as well,just need to remember that whenever you get thrashed by someone ridiculously good

mbpm1

Whoever this Seagal is I expect he's spent his life playing PC shooters and probably put a huge amount of time into the beta as well,just need to remember that whenever you get thrashed by someone ridiculously good

One of the top Soldier players in TF2 I hear

Antiwhippy

First legendary since prestiging: commando 76.

Kinda boring honestly. I was more hoping that it would be 76 going commando, if you get what i mean.

Im sure she will receive some kind of buff soon. I think she is pretty strong, but her crit hit box is way too big, and she does pretty low damage too. However I still think she can be strong in the right hands, so they have to watch out for giving her too much of a buff. She is my best character, but there are times you really notice her weakness.

Jesus fuck...

Just played a game with a Mei on my team that kept throwing walls up between the enemy team and my ults...

I don't know if she thought she was protecting me or what, but it was super fucking aggravating.

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Hang near the objective or your tank.

I've got similar playtimes and skill self-evaluation as you do, and while the rest of your post is great, I think the quoted point needs some rethinking.

Especially if you're playing with a semi-coordinated team where your teammates push together with your tank. Staying near the phalanx of the push or close to the defence objective will put you under a lot of heat. Good Mercy players I've faced against actually position themselves in a way they have at least two escape routes to fly to, constantly guardian angel left and right, alternate between angelic descent and free fall, and when things get hairy and they know a team wipe will happen they actually conceal their position, let 4-5 people die and then fly in and rez. This is even more valid when the enemy team has flankers and your push is solid - if they see a bright beam to the centre of the battle you will be the first one to die!

Apart from that yeah, can't agree more - don't be stingy throughout the game with single guy rezzes! Unless you're defending and the payload hasn't moved much since the start.

I also wish there was a better cue for your teammates to let them know a flanker is giving you a haircut behind your tank's back. The audio cue slips by people way too easily, particularly if they don't use a good headset.

kromeo

Im sure she will receive some kind of buff soon. I think she is pretty strong, but her crit hit box is way too big, and she does pretty low damage too. However I still think she can be strong in the right hands, so they have to watch out for giving her too much of a buff. She is my best character, but there are times you really notice her weakness.

I'd like to see her have some kind of medium range alt fire like Roadhog has but I guess that would maybe make her too good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom