• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Overwatch Central and Lost Unit Gaming are good. Too bad they focus on PC so most of the strats don't really work 1:1 on consoles but they acknowledge it.

Overwatchreplays I think? That youtube user uploads high level replays and stream footage of high level players and good competitive plays; the teams are very organized and coordinated. The first thing you will notice--aside from how players utilize abilities to maximum effect--is the positioning and grouping of teams. Aim is insane too, and a lot of clutch plays and ult stacking.

Thanks guys!

Reinhardt's my best hero

RMbtPh9.jpg

ncslamm

So i know this is a bit offtopic but the steam summer sale thread is moving pretty fast...Just built a PC a few weeks ago and I've been buying some steam games today. I saw that there's a NeoGAF group but it's private. Can anybody send me an invite?

My Profile Link

Roadhog is called "Chopper" in japanese? and Mercy is "Angel"?

wut

That's the one part i'm very confused with. The language the uploader has his text set to is French.. so I'm unsure if that person is using a French translation of the character or Japanese...

Any Japanese/French Overwatch experts care to chime in?

Blues1990

Not sure if this was posted before, but here is some Overwatch Ultimates in Japanese.

Eww @ Hanzo/Genji, the voice actor for Hanzo seems way off...

Give me Lucio (best one in the game), Pharah, Torbjorn & Zenayatta voice lines in Japanese now!

Both Zarya & Pharah sounded awesome, and the same goes with Lucio. But, oh boy, McCree's Japanese voice actor made him sound a lot older than he's supposed to be.

Not sure if this was posted before, but here is some Overwatch Ultimates in Japanese.

Give me Lucio (best one in the game), Pharah, Torbjorn & Zenayatta voice lines in Japanese now!

I don't know why, but I fucking lost it at Bastion.

Also, I like how Junkrat had like an evil German accent but spoke in english.

Is console Overwatch actually ruled by Torbs right now?

It's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

It shows up here and there, but it's definitely not an every game situation.

FiggyCal

Banned
I just saw the weirdest play of the game. It was a Hanzo that hit absolutely nothing; not even a hit marker. I was waiting for something cool to happen during the highlight, but it was literally just one miss after another.

arimanius

I just saw the weirdest play of the game. It was a Hanzo that hit absolutely nothing; not even a hit marker. I was waiting for something cool to happen during the highlight, but it was literally just one miss after another.

I think they broke PoG last patch. I have been seeing some really odd and bad ones.

FoxSpirit

Wow, half of them are just baaaad. Like, seriously underwhelming. Would stand out in an even average anime.

And yeah, Roadhog to Chopper and Mercy to Angel? Someone has been on the bad booze.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Overwatchreplays I think? That youtube user uploads high level replays and stream footage of high level players and good competitive plays; the teams are very organized and coordinated. The first thing you will notice--aside from how players utilize abilities to maximum effect--is the positioning and grouping of teams. Aim is insane too, and a lot of clutch plays and ult stacking.

Watching the positioning in those videos is amazing. Wish more of my groups would keep that in mind rather than Leroy Jenkins-ing to their doom. =p

Squire

Banned
Is console Overwatch actually ruled by Torbs right now?

Yes.

Edit: The above poster is right in that it's not an every game situation, but it's pretty easy to get shut down when it pops up. Maps can easily become impenetrable.

They don't even need to nerf Torb, they need to put a limit on stacking.

Baliis

That's the one part i'm very confused with. The language the uploader has his text set to is French.. so I'm unsure if that person is using a French translation of the character or Japanese...

Any Japanese/French Overwatch experts care to chime in?

Just glancing at the French Overwatch site, Chopper and Ange are roadhog and Mercy's names. Also, junkrat is Chacal, which I believe is jackel?

In Japanese, it's still just ロードホッグ (roodohoggu) roadhog and マーシー (maashii) mercy

Yes.

Edit: The above poster is right in that it's not an every game situation, but it's pretty easy to get shut down when it pops up. Maps can easily become impenetrable.

They don't even need to nerf Torb, they need to put a limit on stacking.

People need to realize that the answer to stacking is more stacking.

If the enemy team is stacking Torbs, then you are going to have a hard time unless you stack yourside as well.

Stack those DVa Ults and clear that shit out of there like it's nothing.

Until randoms figure this out, it's going to suck, but the answer is there, and it exists in game.

I'd imagine he got a ton of recon assists.

Boring, but can be quite helpful.

abundant

People need to realize that the answer to stacking is more stacking.

If the enemy team is stacking Torbs, then you are going to have a hard time unless you stack yourside as well.

Stack those DVa Ults and clear that shit out of there like it's nothing.

Until randoms figure this out, it's going to suck, but the answer is there, and it exists in game.

It depends on who the other people picked. If the other team went all out on stacking, then counter stacking works, but if they only have two players stacking, it may not be wise to counter stack.

Take your D.Va stacking example. If the other team has a Mei and/or Reinhardt, dropping the D.Va Bomb won't work because the turrets would be shielded.

It depends on who the other people picked. If the other team went all out on stacking, then counter stacking works, but if they only have two players stacking, it may not be wise to counter stack.

Take your D.Va stacking example. If the other team has a Mei and/or Reinhardt, dropping the D.Va Bomb won't work because the turrets would be shielded.

Obviously every situation is context.

I'm just saying if you find the enemy team has more than 2 Torbjorns, you are going to want at least 2 DVas to blow everything up, and then blow up the instant rebuilds right after.

abundant

Obviously every situation is context.

I'm just saying if you find the enemy team has more than 2 Torbjorns, you are going to want at least 2 DVas to blow everything up, and then blow up the instant rebuilds right after.

This is why, if you are going to stack, you don't do more than 2 or else you leave yourself open to counter stacking.

The problems with McCree and 76 is their weapon damage falloff when Pharah jumps up, after which she can just concussive blast herself away from danger. Roadhog is one of the worst characters to play vs pharah lol.

Damage drop off is rarely a problem with pharah and not a big issue with mccree either. The farther pharah is away the less effective her weapon is too btw. Pharah is most effective within their effective ranges. There isn't much cover so Pharah gets shot down easily by players with good aim.

I'm not sure why you think Roadhog is one of the worst characters vs pharah when he actually is strong vs her. Perhaps you don't know the range of chain hook? Pharah is pretty easy to hook out of the sky and demolish with left click.

moerser

i played about 150-180 games in solo queue, but tonight was the worst since launch. i cant believe there are still people playing who seemingly have absolutely no clue what to do. so, what to those people do then? of course, pick widow and hanzo and never switch.

BigDug13

Watching Seagull play as Lucio = Woah!

My problem with Lucio is as soon as I pick him, nobody else will pick support. Seagull has a mercy in his party even when he's playing Lucio. That allows him to keep the team at max speed and helps him spiderman around the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom