• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jblanks

She's a great tank, even solo.

Yea she's good solo just a bit more tricky, since if you have another tank you can just put up a shield on them in the middle of a firefight and you got high energy already. Without another tank you have to time your shields better and hope you have someone who is in the firefight.

Shahadan

How do you play well as Zenyatta? He seems really weak to me.

Stay far away, debuff the right people, heal the right people, avoid widowmaker's line of sight at all cost. Pop your ult up in the middle of the group so it heals everyone, ideal for a push or to sustain something big.
You can kill a lot of people with your orb of discord and your regular attack.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

From what I've seen, basically be among a group, preferably behind a Reinhardt so you don't get one shotted all the time, and start shredding people with discord while maintaining your healing orbs. Transcendence to make a push.

MoonGred

Yea I pick her basically everytime someone already picks a tank, she works a lot better like that. Although she can get it done with just her as a tank, it's a lot harder and I usually end up having to step out of the battle a lot more to heal up.

She works best when you have teammates who aren't afraid to go in. You keep up the pressure by shielding your attackers and yourself, making the enemy less likely to attack directly at crucial moments. Use grenades to scatter and primary when you have strength of numbers.

Every time I've tried going as a 2nd tank the other tank either changes to a different hero or we lose our support hero.
9/10 pub games are a blast, but when it sucks it sucks big time.

You pick Lucio/Mercy instead, that's how you play him.

His healing is faster than Lucio's and is a far stronger attacker than Mercy (and Lucio too for that matter). He's strictly a supportive role best suited for Attack on Point/Attack on Payload. He definitely has a place in the roster, it's just that he isn't to be used interchangeably with a Mercy or a Lucio. Far too many people pick him as Mercy Lite or Lucio Lite, which he isn't.

Well I'm now on a streak of 3 days without a single win in solo quick play, pretty sure my win ratio must have dropped 20-30%. Playing Mercy/Lucio with random players is just miserable suffering, no matter how good you are or what you do they'll all just pick Tracer/McCree and run off in 5 different directions (none of which are the objective) to die.
As much as I enjoy watching Seagull, I get very envious when I see him use Mei. He has a full team working with him so he can actually have fun using her in situations that suit her. All I get is being left 1v6 on the point, hunted down by a Pharah/Reaper that pops their ult the second they see me (because they hate Mei) all game long, or yelled at by team's token useless Hanzo for picking Mei.

Redmoon

Is there any way to directly go offline on friends on Bnet without logging out of the program?

Need to do some testing and dont want to have:
(Redmoon has started/stopped playing Overwatch) spammed to everyone I have on friends playing.

Might have to make an alt and buy the game on it for this...lol

My best experiences with Zenyatta are either on defense/KOTH or with another person also playing support. He can rip through people with Orb of Discord plus his attack has a pretty decent range. And in defensive setups you can move around and hide and throw your healing orb to whoever needs it. But if the enemy team has already set up a good position they can just pick you off unless you have Reinhardt shielding or something like that.

catspit

How do you control mcree's super high noon on PS4? Are you supposed to hold down triangle, wait for people to enter your view then release triangle? (Does it take a bit to lock on?)

Fjordson

Whoa, I think I just chain stunned and blew up Junkrat's tire ult as Roadhog lmao. It was coming right at like four of us clumped together on a capture point and I didn't even think the chain would work, but it totally did (I think).

cHinzo

Whoa, I think I just chain stunned and blew up Junkrat's tire ult as Roadhog lmao. It was coming right at like four of us clumped together on a capture point and I didn't even think the chain would work, but it totally did (I think).

Yeah it works. Did the same and tanked the tire with my face as a Roadhog. Still survived somehow. :D

Jblanks

His healing is faster than Lucio's and is a far stronger attacker than Mercy (and Lucio too for that matter). He's strictly a supportive role best suited for Attack on Point/Attack on Payload. He definitely has a place in the roster, it's just that he isn't to be used interchangeably with a Mercy or a Lucio. Far too many people pick him as Mercy Lite or Lucio Lite, which he isn't.

He's also a lot slower than the other two because Mercy can fly to teammates, and thus his survivability is lower. I'm not saying he's bad, but the other 2 imo are just more valuable to a team, and it doesn't help that he's pretty tricky to play so a lot of Zens I go against/on my team are constantly dying, and barely putting up any healing. I think that'll change down the road though.

Satch

Banned
WTF i just got out of a game where the entire enemy team played mercy, rushed our point, then revived each other over and over again

Savitar

WTF i just got out of a game where the entire enemy team played mercy, rushed our point, then revived each other over and over again

I rather have encountered that then the game I just played, my whole team would refuse to go past a gate because of turrets! One guy was even complaining about the turret spam. Seriously, they all held back and refused to go forward at all.

Ketch

I find him good on defense when you have a torb and symmetra. He really needs the extra shields and armor from torb to be actually good, and then you make up for their lack of direct damage and their squishy bodies by using ulti to defend the point, but other then that, he's really hard and should really be picked as a damage character rather then a support.

play him with a mercy on your team when the other team goes tank heavy.

Shahadan

He's also a lot slower than the other two because Mercy can fly to teammates, and thus his survivability is lower. I'm not saying he's bad, but the other 2 imo are just more valuable to a team, and it doesn't help that he's pretty tricky to play so a lot of Zens I go against/on my team are constantly dying, and barely putting up any healing. I think that'll change down the road though.

HE's not a healer, he's an attack support. Many team will use him and a mercy.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Zenyatta is an accurate and high damage dealer who can also heal and debuff the enemy.

He is not a "healer".

Zenyatta is like Symmetra, they're best played with a lucio on the team as well.

Offensive symmetra is awesome to have around becuase the teleporter keeps up pressure a bit better than mercy res on offense since it isn't obvious what's going on and it's a steady stream of full hp heroes, and symmetra can do some nasty close quarters damage.

Jblanks

HE's not a healer, he's an attack support. Many team will use him and a mercy.

Yea I know. He works better with another support. Except the majority of the time it's just a Zen on my team with no other support. So it's hard staying alive since I'm usually the tank on my team. "Why don't you just switch to support"? - because then we wouldn't have a tank. And if there's no other support then they shouldn't be picking Zen.

Kuro

Sometimes if your team is just not cooperating or going off in free for all mode just pick your best hero for killing and go to town. Usually ends a loss streak for me. Gotta be flexible and not just stick to support all the time.

Satch

Banned
How do you control mcree's super high noon on PS4? Are you supposed to hold down triangle, wait for people to enter your view then release triangle? (Does it take a bit to lock on?)

you press q let people get into your view and then press r2

when they get a red skull over them, the shot is lethal, but you can shoot them before the red skull and it will do a lot of damage

ISOM

I find it so funny when people complain about Mei but I love to troll Mei as Tracer. I just shoot her and barely stay out of reach of her freeze ray while constantly messing with her. I gotta think that's annoying for a Mei player. I can't remember the last time I got frozen since doing that.

Jblanks

Sometimes if your team is just not cooperating or going off in free for all mode just pick your best hero for killing and go to town. Usually ends a loss streak for me. Gotta be flexible and not just stick to support all the time.

Yea this is what I've resorted to also.

Tabby

Couldn't have given me 5 more gold, ffs game.

ovk61f4.jpg

MikeyMike

Anyone still plays this on PS4? Would like to regularly play with a group... nothing too serious.

Still a newbie (lvl 18 atm) but slowly getting better at the game.

PSN : MikeGaum1984

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We had a game tonight where the enemy team had a player called Zero playing Lucio and we had a player called Zero playing Lucio...

Not-Sure-If-Fry-Meme-Gif.gif

We won, ours clearly was the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom