• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornoponing

Neo Member
Hey guys, question: Is Zenyatta playable as a solo healer or is he played as secondary support?

I've yet to play a game where the Zen healing (except for the ult) was any good. Most players don't use the heal orb on the right target or just go full offense with him.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
My problem with Lucio is as soon as I pick him, nobody else will pick support. Seagull has a mercy in his party even when he's playing Lucio. That allows him to keep the team at max speed and helps him spiderman around the stage.

I've noticed that too, or just people not doubling up on support in general. I think a lot of folks just don't bother once they see that "No Support Heroes" icon disappear. A good pairing of supports can be really strong. Ditto for tanks.

psyfi

Banned
Hey guys, question: Is Zenyatta playable as a solo healer or is he played as secondary support?

I've yet to play a game where the Zen healing (except for the ult) was any good. Most players don't use the heal orb on the right target or just go full offense with him.
I've seen Zen's come out with some clutch heals, but I would never count on them to totally satisfy that role. Definitely go Lucio or maybe Mercy for that.

peakish

Hopefully LG pulls this out but so far C9 just looks to be a better team so far.
I started watching when LG was doing great on Hollywood defense, but they overextended heavily and never recovered. C9 seems to have the momentum now.

Gotta say that the character variety is pretty good in these games at least. Yesterday I noticed EnvyUS (who seem to be on another level of skill o_O) running Torbjörn. Now LG had Dva. Widow isn't a constant pick. 's all cool.

Edit: Still a really heavy focus on Mercy. She really makes games more boring to watch, a team can clean up with a nice push and then see that nullified by a res. I know that this goes both ways and that teams need to focus her but it's incredibly anticlimactic.

Commentators "omg seagul just killed 5 people"

Everyone else watching "revive just reversed all that"

Commentators "I thought LG won that fight"

facepalm.gif

arimanius

I started watching when LG was doing great on Hollywood defense, but they overextended heavily and never recovered. C9 seems to have the momentum now.

Gotta say that the character variety is pretty good in these games at least. Yesterday I noticed EnvyUS (who seem to be on another level of skill o_O) running Torbjörn. Now LG had Dva. Widow isn't a constant pick. 's all cool.

What I'm seeing is Adam from C9 Mercy is just way better than Esper from LG Mercy.

Just glancing at the French Overwatch site, Chopper and Ange are roadhog and Mercy's names. Also, junkrat is Chacal, which I believe is jackel?

In Japanese, it's still just ロードホッグ (roodohoggu) roadhog and マーシー (maashii) mercy

Nice! It's cool seeing all the language differences for Overwatch.

Found a channel where a guy uploaded quite a bit of videos.

German
Polish
Russian
French

French Reaper is the least edgy sounding of the bunch. It sounds like he's just saying "MAYO MAYO MAYO".

peakish

What I'm seeing is Adam from C9 Mercy is just way better than Esper from LG Mercy.
Yeah, yesterday EnvyUS's Mercy (chipshajen which is such a CS nick) seemed unbeatable too. Never died, was always there with the res. I haven't seen any games beyond these few but Esper has not been as great as either, although that could also be due to the team being worse at protecting him.

Zen works best if you have a team of flankers as they'll return to you for a heal, and they'll target your debuff'd enemies.

Yeah, having both a Mercy along with a Lucio is so nice, but I only ever get that when I group with a team.
There's always a mercy and Lucio when you play with me because I like speed
Sometimes I don't heal because he moves too slow for me but I'm stingy sometime

psyfi

Banned
Played Zarya for the first time today. Man she's a lot of fun. Still need to get the hang of barrier timing for myself and allies.
I kinda wish she had something else going on for her. I like her in concept, but I don't find her abilities all that fun to use. Nailing the timing on her shields is fun, but it still feels too passive to really be fun to me. Maybe I just need to find the groove with her more.

arimanius

Yeah, yesterday EnvyUS's Mercy (chipshajen which is such a CS nick) seemed unbeatable too. Never died, was always there with the res. I haven't seen any games beyond these few but Esper has not been as great as either, although that could also be due to the team being worse at protecting him.

Yeah def could be Esper isn't getting protected as well as Adam. Looks like Seagull switched to Genji and is ripping Adam a new one now. Getting very entertaining now. Very intense.

Astral

Just lost a game because my team scattered everywhere away from the defense point. Seriously, I see their whole team charging at me and no one to back me up. They weren't even dead.

aeolist

Banned

i like to pick him sometimes but only if i can wait and see a lucio or mercy come out first

even if you concentrate mainly on healing he's inferior

Rixxan

There is something underwhelming about watching Overwatch, i personally love to play it but get bored spectating.

this is my first time really watching it and im enjoying it

theres a ton of work that needs to be done with the spectator mode though

peakish

this is my first time really watching it and im enjoying it

theres a ton of work that needs to be done with the spectator mode though
Haven't watched a lot but somewhat enjoying it. Problem is it's very chaotic (and I personally think the heavy focus on Mercy works against it). Maybe it's fixable as spectator functions and users improve.

At the very least I expect Blizzard to put a lot of money towards making it work. Hopefully it pays off!

Son Of D

I hate this so much, Double Support and Double Tank are absolutely amazing. Much rather have that instead of 4 assorted DPS.

Seriously. If I see a Mercy on my team I won't stop myself going Lucio. Same if I'm Zarya and see a Reinhardt. Can really put pressure on the other team because of the extra healing/shields.

Vitanimus

ugh this GAME

I do mostly solo play but some people are so questionable.................. 99% of people who play genji or hanzo are complete shit and have zero awareness of what their role actually is and what heroes they should be going after. I know mei is comically annoying but the genji on my team just now spent most of their time going after zarya and roadhog instead. like, wyd hun?

Satch

Banned
I kinda wish she had something else going on for her. I like her in concept, but I don't find her abilities all that fun to use. Nailing the timing on her shields is fun, but it still feels too passive to really be fun to me. Maybe I just need to find the groove with her more.

She's got a very teammate dependent rhythm. If you have passive teammates then you're going to have a difficult time in the game getting anything done because you're not going to have anyone to bubble.

You see her potential when you have heroes like Reaper, McCree, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Pharah with you. Being pocketed by Mercy helps greatly as well.

If you're on defense and have Hanzo, Widowmaker, Torbjorn, and Bastion on your team at the same time, then you're better off picking someone else.

ugh this GAME

I do mostly solo play but some people are so questionable.................. 99% of people who play genji or hanzo are complete shit and have zero awareness of what their role actually is and what heroes they should be going after. I know mei is comically annoying but the genji on my team just now spent most of their time going after zarya and roadhog instead. like, wyd hun?

I love playing Mercy only for my teammates to run away instead of pushing ahead and leaving me to die with their backs turned.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I hate this so much, Double Support and Double Tank are absolutely amazing. Much rather have that instead of 4 assorted DPS.

I wonder if it would be worth it to take some random dps if someone else is already tank or support, then switch to second tank or support just as the game starts. A lot of folks probably wouldn't even notice.

psyfi

Banned
She's got a very teammate dependent rhythm. If you have passive teammates then you're going to have a difficult time in the game getting anything done because you're not going to have anyone to bubble.

You see her potential when you have heroes like Reaper, McCree, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Pharah with you. Being pocketed by Mercy helps greatly as well.

If you're on defense and have Hanzo, Widowmaker, Torbjorn, and Bastion on your team at the same time, then you're better off picking someone else.
Yeah totally, good points. Part of me knew all that already, but I don't think I was being very mindful of it when I tried her out before. I'll give her another spin soon.

i'm probably the only one but when you go to certain maps and on attack or defense and then you judge people who pick hanzo and then check their profile to see they have less than a few hours. i give them the benefit they might be good and just don't play them often but then you watch them in game and they aren't doing anything.

nick-young-confused-face.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom