• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It is a peculiar feeling when Mei snipes you with her icicle from a mile away

Something horrible

Something beautiful you mean.

Love sniping pharahs out of the air. You almost have to lead your icicle like a rocket so you know who's the better shooter in that fight.

I pretty much play her like hanzo until they get in my range.

Prelude.

If you're a Reaper at full health and you're getting buffed by Mercy, please stop hiding in a corner and start killing the nearby tanks, thanks.

So any mccree tips? Been trying him out and while I got some decent runs with him I'm suddenly reminded why I don't play regular shooters much where aiming has to be your primary skill. :p

Just need to know stuff like what engagements to go after, how to approach the enemy, and all that. Also I completely suck at estimating the range of flash, though that probably comes with playing him more.
Left click a lot. Your best engagements are around midrange where you can reliably get the headshots from left click off. He's extremely good in close combat where flashbang/R-Click smashes around 50% of the cast.

There's actually a spray pattern on McCree's R-Click. Every time you fan the hammer, pull down on the mouse to make more of your bullets hit your target. It's extremely noticeable at midrange when you're trying to spray down a tank.

IDK why they gave me a card for Roadhog. of all the things they highlight my terrible hook accuracy. it was like 47 or 49% LOL.

i was just tossing them hooks out like it was nothing and like i accidentally hit Q and wasted an ult with less than a minute left. i feel bad.

Must be the lag. i think it was the lag.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The hook hitbox is kind of strange, its incredibly large

They really did balance this for consoles, its not a tight game in that sense.

X-Frame

Just want to pop in and say this game is awesome.

Oh, and KOTH are by far my favorite maps. Close games that constantly stay in Overtime are so much fun as it's 6v6 with everyone on the objective and straight delicious chaos. Love it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Left click a lot. Your best engagements are around midrange where you can reliably get the headshots from left click off. He's extremely good in close combat where flashbang/R-Click smashes around 50% of the cast.

There's actually a spray pattern on McCree's R-Click. Every time you fan the hammer, pull down on the mouse to make more of your bullets hit your target. It's extremely noticeable at midrange when you're trying to spray down a tank.

See, I do a lot of that, but I see a lot of mccrees flanking the sides also so I'm not sure if I should be doing that? Or is that not as viable now with the FtH nerf?

Such shame, I finally experienced the true horror of being Mister "i'm helping!" as Mei.
D-Va launches the bunny bomb into our team, I think I'll be Mr Hero and ice wall it to protect any team member that can't scramble to cover.
Of course Reinhardt has the same idea with his shield and in my haste I don't note that he's got things covered, I prepare a wall which he steps onto the top of as I press the button launching him above the bomb with a fraction of gap by his legs below the shield to allow the bomb to wipe him out.
My shame was lessened by an immediate Mercy resurrection but I was filled with such grief I sent an apologetic message to the player which is like the first time I've ever sent a message to a random player who didn't message me first.

They were cool with it though.

Well this is probably the best Play of the Game I'm ever going to manage, I sort of want to stop playing now just cause it's all downhill from this. (Sorry for the potato quality, I am not used to recording video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_83iNPoR90

And here I was failing to take that approach to try and just get just two for Roadhog's trophy, hot damn.

Apathy

Can we just please ban or have the option to not be queued into certain maps, I fucking hate Volskya, That map is just so badly designed, specially on A.

Also, no more people wanting to do full teams on 1 character. idiots think that's fun, it's not, it's a giant waste of time. I don't want to participate with you and you all suck when you do it, so stop already. Feels like hyperactive 12 year olds thinking sparkles are funny and laughing like morons

Eric WK

Kaplan is rightfully getting a lot of praise for his communication with the player base, but ignoring console players at every turn is getting ridiculous.

At the very least tell us when we can expect stuff relative to PC.

Artanisix

Can we just please ban or have the option to not be queued into certain maps, I fucking hate Volskya, That map is just so badly designed, specially on A.

Also, no more people wanting to do full teams on 1 character. idiots think that's fun, it's not, it's a giant waste of time. I don't want to participate with you and you all suck when you do it, so stop already. Feels like hyperactive 12 year olds thinking sparkles are funny and laughing like morons

SeemsGood.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Random Zarya tip. If you have an ally reinhardt on your team and he has his barrier up, shield him while he's blocking with it. Any damage that the barrier absorbs while your shield is up will get transferred into energy for you.
I thought it was just damage that hits the center (it protrudes past the shield) and stuff like explosion splash.

I don't think bullets on the corners of the shield give you energy.
Kaplan is rightfully getting a lot of praise for his communication with the player base, but ignoring console players at every turn is getting ridiculous.

At the very least tell us when we can expect stuff relative to PC.
The question is if they are getting shafted with updates/patches like all the other console stuff. It makes more sense from a patch certification standpoint to include all of the changes in one big go.

As for feedback, letting console users post on the forum would be good, Kappa

R0ckman

How do aimbotters usually opperate? I had one last night and might have had one today according to my group. They reported the first one.

What I noticed is that the team doesn't seem to do to well in the match, then there will be one character (who was always there but not note worthy) who out of nowhere starts kicking everyones asses. To the point that the rest of the enemy team doesn't really do anything but let the one character run out in front and mow down and they pick off the scraps.

Is there some kind of way to just activate on the fly?

mbpm1

"Let's go 6 Reinhardt tho

It'll work trust me "

vareon

So I accidentally activated Symmetra"s teleporter near spawn point. Felt really bad and apologized, but the (random) team just laughed and said it's ok. We won. Sometimes games are really nice.

Zemm

It's really no wonder so many games are decided in overtime/at the final point of the map. So many games start off with shitty team compositions on attack and defence, so we either get stuck attacking the first point or lose it really quickly. Then near the end of the round the two Hanzo's/Genji's realise that maybe having a healer would be useful so switch and then we steamroll the first point/defend the final point with ease. Every single time.

tldr: the first 90% of every round is just a TDM fest then once people realise they might lose they sometimes switch to useful heroes.

jackdoe

It's really no wonder so many games are decided in overtime/at the final point of the map. So many games start off with shitty team compositions on attack and defence, so we either get stuck attacking the first point or lose it really quickly. Then near the end of the round the two Hanzo's/Genji's realise that maybe having a healer would be useful so switch and then we steamroll the first point/defend the final point with ease. Every single time.

tldr: the first 90% of every round is just a TDM fest then once people realise they might lose they sometimes switch to useful heroes.
For me, I play as random heroes on defense that compliment the team, but when things get really hairy, I switch to Soldier 76 and get 15 eliminations. Soldier 76 is probably my best character on defense. Hard to kill, can move quickly to the objective, and his ultimate is perfect when the enemy team makes a combined push to the objective.

Apathy

I played Dorado more than 15 times today, not even exaggerating.

I would take it over even a second on that fucking russian map. but in all seriousness, the game needs to be smart enough to keep track of players map order and then try to not put them into matches on the same map over and over again. There should be like a 3 or 4 map buffer between maps (personally i wish for a full rotation but we'll never get that)

"Let's go 6 Reinhardt tho

It'll work trust me "

If only I switched we would have had it, the other team could never beat 6 of the same class.

It's going to be annoying when I get these idiot groups that cost me a game in competitive because they think 5 of anything is good

jediyoshi

I like how many of these POTGs on monthly melee are from Mercy. Also reinforces how no POTG pick preferences can satisfy everyone.

mbpm1

Finally fought my first 6 torb team

They gave us some trouble until two of us switched to zarya, another switched to pharah, another switched to genji and i rotated between junkbag and lucio

even without great teamwork we were able to take them after that

OK this ain't good. It still won't let me connect to battle.net. I still get Error code BC-152.

Does that mean that I'm banned?

On xbox one btw.

Update: Rebooting Xbox one to see if that's the issue

I feel like gg'ing before the losing team does is bad form. If it was a good game they'll gg first, otherwise it just seems kinda rude or insulting.

Is it? I can understand why it may be the case, but I think it would be a bit of a stretch for most to consider gg insulting. If they wanted to do that, they would put ez or other smack talk after it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

I pretty much just quit Watchpoint: Gibraltor all the time.

edit:

How long has that train been there? HOW. LONG?

Zocano

Weird. Volskaya is probably my favorite (re: least worst) of the 2CP maps. Volskaya has the most options for the attacking team to actually do stuff instead of funneled tiny corridors of death that Anubis and Hanamura.

How long has that train been there? HOW. LONG?

I've got some news for you, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom