• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Same. I'll usually switch to healer if we need it, and roughly 20% of my time is spent playing supports (which counts all my symmetra games) so that's a pretty decent ratio.

Zambayoshi

things that are actually not good in this game:

flashbang
being frozen
earth shatter

game would be better without these abilities, I'd even be happier if they just killed you instantly.

since the mecree nerf I could almost take flashbang off the list, but it's still on their by principle. Getting stunned in an FPS is not fun.

I'd add 'being slowed down by Symmetra's turrets' as another annoyance. Not as bad as being caught in a Junkrat trap, but still.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Some dude bitched about a reaper hanging around me when I played Mei, I wasn't aware using teamwork was a bad thing.

Didn't you know?

53ac24197a0543c9872194fbc66c7f870ef0110d382b1c96594b5b9c796c6bd9_1.jpg

The reeap3r works alone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually annoyed at how often my teams will go for 2 tanks now because I've been forced to go assault which I'm absolutely terrible at.

Just played against a premade with the #2 player in the U.S. by level. He was 345. He has played nearly 2,500 games.

Also, we started doing joke comps in this game and they were good sports about it. Countered our four Zarya, two Lucio with lots of Meis. That game kinda devolved into an actual contest in which they had desperation Tracers, but in the mirror game they rolled out three Mercy, three Pharah. Then switched to five Mercy, one Pharah. We countered with Winstons and drove them back to spawn, but then they snuck behind us with a D.Va! Turned into a serious game again near the end, and we won after a desperate overtime. It was insane. And fun.

xaosslug

i thought Zenyatta's ult made anyone on the team immune/immortal for the duration? I've been right under him numerous times and still died. :(

Blues1990

That's kinda why i hate it though.

That glimmer of hope before a junkrat blows you sky high.

Ever had four of them fire their ultimate simultaneously? It was an incredibly nerve-racking experience that I never want to deal with, as you never know where that damn tire (let alone four of them) will come.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
And with that, I got my first penalty.

92% of match on fire as Tracer. Lost.

88% match on fire as Roadhog. Lost.

31 eliminations as fucking Lucio. Lost.

Then I quit two games - one with two Widows and one with two Torbs on offense. I just can't. I can't.

I know I'm bitching tonight and last night. But, I'm constantly disappointed by this game's community. They just keep outdoing themselves with stupidity.

Antiwhippy

Ever had four of them fire their ultimate simultaneously? It was an incredibly nerve-racking experience that I never want to deal with, as you never know where that damn tire (let alone four of them) will come.

When I meet a team of 3 or more junkrats I'm counterpicking with pharrah immediately so I'm not too worried about wheels. :p

Mupod

Holy shit, that level.

unsurprisingly a very good Mercy. Also you know you just had two good matches when it goes into waiting mode and everyone starts emoting at each other in the middle instead of fighting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Lucio AND Mercy work great on all control point maps. Mercy is also a super valid solo pick if there's a Pharah.
There wasn't and given the choice between Lucio or Mercy for Control, I'd prefer Lucio, especially on the Ruins where it can be that much more hectic.

Had a great night. First night in awhile I wasn't solo queuing (we were just a pair but that makes a big difference in enjoyment). Back up to that feel good 55% winrate.

Blues1990

When I meet a team of 3 or more junkrats I'm counterpicking with pharrah immediately so I'm not too worried about wheels. :p

I know, as we had a Pharah on our team for that situation. That is, until the sole Roadhog player clipped her wings, and then we had the Junkrats firing their ult at the same time, but in different places on the map.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Is there some kind of Shimada based holiday festivity that I am unaware of? Because tonight's been Hanzo and Genji night.

Antiwhippy

I know, as we had a Pharah on our team for that situation. That is, until the sole Roadhog player clipped her wings, and then we had the Junkrats firing their ult at the same time, but in different places on the map.

That's why you go 3 pharrahs too. 3 pharrahs 3 mercies for shit and giggles.

Make justice rain.

Apathy

why the hell would you play Reinhardt if you're scared of being first in or rather swing your hammer than put up a shield, I don't get this

Speely

Banned
Blizzard could definitely pull something like that off but the logic for planning out "what is needed" might not be what people expect or work perfectly. And matchmaking would more than likely take longer when it is trying to backfill that pre-picked character into an appropriate match. It wouldn't be worth the effort it would take to do that since the effect would more than likely be pretty useless.

Quick play system itself seems fine to me. Instant action as fast as you can based on an open slot and preferably a match that hasn't started. In game stuff is what needs to be tweaked to me.

Fair enough. I agree that "what is needed" is a bit ambiguous, and will add that it could potentially encourage certain methods of play.

I don't mind Quick Play either... But when it's the only mode of system-directed play between players, I can't help but think it could maybe be better. I might be wrong, thus my previous question.

why the hell would you play Reinhardt if you're scared of being first in or rather swing your hammer than put up a shield, I don't get this
I had someone do this the other day. He picked Rein but instead of pushing in he waited until the team went a little ahead of him. It was driving me mad. He would hide behind a corner when doing this. Pretty sure some people are just straight up trolling.

Fugu

Well, I just played in a game where my team got mad at me because I was being ganked by Winston and Reaper as Mercy. I was told that it was my fault and that I should change characters if I don't want to get killed. I was, of course, our only support character.

Another player switched to Lucio and my team proceeded to bitch at him when he, too, was unable to prevent himself from being killed before meeting up with the team.

I was hoping that competitive would put a stop to this kind of nonsense by giving people a realistic assessment of their skills, but people have a real "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" attitude about this shit like they're MLG pros that have been mistakenly mixed in with the unwashed masses. None of the support classes in this game are wholly capable of defending themselves; it's your responsibility to help them.

Speely

Banned
I had someone do this the other day. He picked Rein but instead of pushing in he waited until the team went a little ahead of him. It was driving me mad. He would hide behind a corner when doing this. Pretty sure some people are just straight up trolling.

What?? His whole skillset is geared toward going in hard (hardt?) and having your team support you.

Apathy

Well, I just played in a game where my team got mad at me because I was being ganked by Winston and Reaper as Mercy. I was told that it was my fault and that I should change characters if I don't want to get killed. I was, of course, our only support character.

Another player switched to Lucio and my team proceeded to bitch at him when he, too, was unable to prevent himself from being killed before meeting up with the team.

I was hoping that competitive would put a stop to this kind of nonsense by giving people a realistic assessment of their skills, but people have a real "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" attitude about this shit like they're MLG pros that have been mistakenly mixed in with the unwashed masses. None of the support classes in this game are wholly capable of defending themselves; it's your responsibility to help them.

Those same people don't blame themselves on ranked games where they end up in shitty ranks

Veelk

Banned
In one of my matches, a D.Va was taking shots from a distance at the exit of our base, and 2 of the players in there wouldn't move until she was baited out by me. Even though she was a long distance away. I wanted to smack them.

On the plus side, in my next match, a small miracle happened. We were getting completely wrecked and the enemy was about to get the payload to the final destination, but somehow, we managed to turn the match around in a heroic last stand.

Blues1990

I just watched a live stream, and discovered something I didn't know was possible.

Mei freezing a Torbjörn that's in Molten Core.

Freezing. Torbjörn. In. Molten. Core.

EVERYTHING THAT I KNOW IS A LIE!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Question: How many times have you been thrown into a game in the final few seconds of a round... or at the very least, mid-game?

This is the story about how I went through three rounds a man short.

27591293950_abac8174b2.jpg

27767699332_bfe4cd153f.jpg

27257168193_ee7a2e3158.jpg

27257168103_985e0b893c.jpg

27257168373_15f34d1b93.jpg
[

27868618205_5a9dfcd445.jpg

... and get this...

27257168713_c51e901ef2.jpg

We still won.

This matchmaking. I'll tell you what...

Is this your first time playing ranked in an online competitive team game?

Blues1990

Did she didn't die from the turret afterwards? lol

That doesn't matter. The fact that Primal Rage Winston can be stopped in his tracks is probably the most frustrating thing for me in this game, and discovering that freezing a Torbjörn that's in Molten Core is just as annoying.

Antiwhippy

That doesn't matter. The fact that Primal Rage Winston can be stopped in his tracks is probably the most frustrating thing for me in this game, and discovering that freezing a Torbjörn that's in Molten Core is just as annoying.

I mean it works with steel trap, earth shaker etc.

Dunno about flashbang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom